Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-11

(2020-12-11, 20:42)rocko Wrote:
(2020-12-11, 04:33)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 19:47)rocko Wrote: Thanks for your hard work.

I got the update yesterday and have been testing. It appears to work except for a couple exceptions.

This is really weird, none of the Australian or New Zealand addons work With more than one click. It's not a VPN problem (9Now, 10play, Three now, and TV New Zealand). Why these they always worked before. These addons are all new Matrix addons and work fine except for adding to SF.

Everything else appears to work.

Thanks

Hi rocko,
I found some addons that mimicked the problem you reported in SF. I'd like you to test SF 2.0.3 and let me know if it fixes your issues.

Thanks.

I am checking all addons out that I have installed, Ill get back to you soon.
Same as yesterday, all US addons and CBC.ca work but no Australian or NewZealand addons work with 2 or more clicks.

NZ addon Three Now does not even require a VPN and it still doesn't work with 2 or more clicks.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-11

Can u give me the name of the repository and the exact name of the addons. I'll see if I can access them.
The repository and addons must not be on the banned Kodi list.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-11

A log file from your system would also be helpful

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-11

(2020-12-09, 14:56)MediaPi Wrote: why so much effort to revive super favourites? video favourites
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293511
does everything super favourites did (atleast for me) also video favourites doesn't have the flickering of screens when it opens a link
if you mess around with xml files you could even use colourise and highlight etc its much more stabe than super favourites which I loved and hope the dev is okay
if you haven't try video favourites and you won't go back to super favourites, also the code is cleaner I believe and therefore more maintainable, I hope the jmooremcc  takes over video favourites

This is far from having the features SF offers.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - berkhornet - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-11, 21:52)jmooremcc Wrote: Can u give me the name of the repository and the exact name of the addons. I'll see if I can access them.

Hi. I've installed SF 2.0.3 with Matrix Beta 2, and get similar behaviour when using Catch Up TV & More from the official repo - Catch-Up TV & More (kodi.tv). Many thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-11, 22:19)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 14:56)MediaPi Wrote: why so much effort to revive super favourites? video favourites
does everything super favourites did (atleast for me) also video favourites doesn't have the flickering of screens when it opens a link
if you mess around with xml files you could even use colourise and highlight etc its much more stabe than super favourites which I loved and hope the dev is okay
if you haven't try video favourites and you won't go back to super favourites, also the code is cleaner I believe and therefore more maintainable, I hope the jmooremcc  takes over video favourites

please could you list any features you believe Super Favourites has that Video Favourites doesn't?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-11, 21:52)jmooremcc Wrote: Can u give me the name of the repository and the exact name of the addons. I'll see if I can access them.
I have no banned Addons or Repos.

http://jrm.ftp.sh/r This addon has 7 plus and 10 play.

Aussie addon development This addon has ABC Iview, 9 Now, and Cricket

Matt Huisman (SlyGuy repo) This addon has TV New Zealand on demand and Three now. Three now is the only addon not geo restricted. This repo must be installed thru the file manager.

All of these addons work on Matrix but these addons are the only ones I am having trouble with using  2 clicks or more.

All US addons work with 2 clicks or more.

CBC.ca News is the only foreign addon that works using 2 clicks or more.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-10, 19:47)rocko Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 00:31)jmooremcc Wrote: Just released Matrix SF Version 2.0.2 that fixes the problem.
Thanks for your hard work.

I got the update yesterday and have been testing. It appears to work except for a couple exceptions.

This is really weird, none of the Australian or New Zealand addons work With more than one click. It's not a VPN problem (9Now, 10play, Three now, and TV New Zealand). Why these they always worked before. These addons are all new Matrix addons and work fine except for adding to SF.

Thanks

Hi rocko,
I found some addons that mimicked the problem you reported in SF. I'd like you to test SF 2.0.3 and let me know if it fixes your issues.

Thanks.
Just noticed you mention SF 2.0.3. I had an update in available updates but when I install it it fails.

When I check the current version though it says 2.0.4. Don't know why it says failed.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-12

I'm working on my repository and will have it back up later today.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-12, 11:21)berkhornet Wrote:

Hi. I've installed SF 2.0.3 with Matrix Beta 2, and get similar behaviour when using Catch Up TV & More from the official repo - Catch-Up TV & More (kodi.tv). Many thanks.
I tried loading Catch Up TV on Matrix Nightly dated 12/6/20 and it didn't load. I then tried it under Leia and all components loaded but using the addon directly I wasn't able to play any videos.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-12

(2020-12-12, 20:04)rocko Wrote:
(2020-12-10, 19:47)rocko Wrote: Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks

Hi rocko,

Thanks.
Just noticed you mention SF 2.0.3. I had an update in available updates but when I install it it fails.

When I check the current version though it says 2.0.4. Don't know why it says failed.
My repository is back up now. I needed to update my repository update tools.
Try Matrix SF Version 2.05 and let me know the result.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-12, 13:39)MediaPi Wrote:
(2020-12-11, 22:19)jdig4240 Wrote:

please could you list any features you believe Super Favourites has that Video Favourites doesn't?

Theres too many to bother writing out, your obviously not familiar with really using Super Favorites.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - berkhornet - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-12, 23:40)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 11:21)berkhornet Wrote:

I tried loading Catch Up TV on Matrix Nightly dated 12/6/20 and it didn't load. I then tried it under Leia and all components loaded but using the addon directly I wasn't able to play any videos.
Many thanks for trying. I have just remembered I had to do a manual install of that addon with Matrix and for some of the websites an account was needed to play videos. I will do some more testing and provide logs to help fix. Thanks again.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-12, 23:45)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 20:04)rocko Wrote:
(2020-12-11, 04:33)jmooremcc Wrote: Hi rocko,

Thanks.

My repository is back up now. I needed to update my repository update tools.
Try Matrix SF Version 2.05 and let me know the result.

Thanks
Still the same. Doesn't make much sense.

With 2 clicks,
All US addons work.
CBC.ca news addon works with VPN.

With 2 clicks,
All Australian  and New Zealand  addons don't work.
Three Now NZ addon doesn't work and it is not even geo blocked.

At least you got it working except for a few addons. I appreciate what you have done to now. 

I'll be gone this week so maybe with everybody's help you will figure it out, if not I can live with it as it is now if necessary.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - DarrenHill - 2020-12-13

Before you go too much further with these mentions of VPNs and geoblocks, may I remind you of our forum VPN policy (wiki)...