Kodi Community Forum
Release Experimental Google Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release Experimental Google Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=200640)

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - wouterdt - 2015-02-09

I had some trouble logging in with an App specific password, the script kept failing. Now I'm logged in and can browse all my music/playlists etc but nothing plays. As soon as I want to play a song it says "Script failed". Any Idea what might be going on? Using Openelec's newest Kodi build with the Mimic skin.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-02-09

Could you please upload your log to pastebin and share the link, so I can check for errors?

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - wouterdt - 2015-02-09

I saw some stuff about caching in the log, used the delete cache and cookie options in the settings, rebooted and now all is working fine!

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - kylegordon - 2015-02-09

(2015-02-09, 19:57)foreverguest Wrote: Could you please upload your log to pastebin and share the link, so I can check for errors?

I get the error that's been described, and I've just installed the plugin for the first time.

Kodi 2:14.1~git20150130 on Ubuntu Trusty, with the Confluence skin

http://pastebin.com/khu9GzbP

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-02-10

Please install version 1.3 from first post of this thread. The version you are using is too old and is not supported.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - kylegordon - 2015-02-10

That moment you realise 0.8.2 was downloaded to the TV box, and 1.3 was downloaded to the laptop... and then not moved :-)

I should stop computering late at night :-)

Sorry!

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-02-13

One issue I noticed is that automated playlists don't get constantly filled. So if you're listening to your "I'm feeling lucky mix" or a "instant mix" playback will stop after the initial 25 populated songs got played.

Another issue is that the "I'm feeling lucky mix" doesn't update if you reenter it. It's always showing the same songs from first time but in a different order. Is there some caching in place?

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-02-13

I'm not sure if "constantly filled" is something we can implement in the addon, but we can return more songs, what about 100?

There is no cache for "I'm feeling lucky mix" it shows exactly what google returns. There is a way to tell google to not return songs from a recent played list, but we are not storing such list for now.

New test version:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4alpha1
- changed default sort methods
- added library export to 'My Library' context menu (you'll need to add path as music source to show in kodi)
- added 'Start Radio' to context menu of every song
- show artist fanart or addon background in songs and folders
- don't store the password in plaintext
- fixes and code refactoring

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-02-13

@foreverguest - it is possible to update a playlist. The putpat.tv addon does it https://github.com/JBosecker/plugin.video.putpat/blob/master/default.py#L299 along with others (vevo I think as well). All you have to do is to run in the background and check for the playlist position. Once you reached the X last item add more.

I'll take a look, thanks.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-02-14

gave 1.4alpha1a try. had serious issues with my password. tried deleting the old add-on settings file to start from scratch but password never worked. I then edited the add-on settings file manually and fixed the value. No idea where the typo came from but I tried it at least 5 times using a real keyboard so I doubt I entered it wrong in every attempt. Also password was not always stored and the field showed up empty when looking at the add-on settings dialog. I also noticed that the password is still plaintext which according to your change log should be changed now. AFAIK there is some password storage helper add-on available if you want to give that one a try.

One other thing I noticed is that when you search for something and then browse into an artist from the search result that you only see some of their songs but no albums.

A feature that could be added would be a context menu entry to go to the artists in online library to have a look at new albums etc. So not a link to the local library but sort of like a search result.

Keep up the good work on it, I enjoy using it several times a week.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - rh1234 - 2015-02-14

Hello I am a beginner to kodi and need help installing this addon on a mac

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-02-14

to make use of this addon download the zip file provided in here. Then go to "Options -> Addons -> Install from ZIP" and select the downloaded file. After this go back to the home menu, highlight the "music" section and select "addon" in the submenu below. There focus the "Google Music EXP" addon, trigger the context menu (pressing "c" on a keyboard or right click on a mouse), go into "Addon settings", add your google credentials, confirm with "OK" and open the Addon.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - rh1234 - 2015-02-14

(2015-02-14, 11:22)da-anda Wrote: to make use of this addon download the zip file provided in here. Then go to "Options -> Addons -> Install from ZIP" and select the downloaded file. After this go back to the home menu, highlight the "music" section and select "addon" in the submenu below. There focus the "Google Music EXP" addon, trigger the context menu (pressing "c" on a keyboard or right click on a mouse), go into "Addon settings", add your google credentials, confirm with "OK" and open the Addon.
Thank you for this now it is up and running