Kodi Community Forum
v21 fTV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: fTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+---- Thread: v21 fTV (/showthread.php?tid=207475)

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - iAMl3dgend - 2015-05-17

@Ayla thats awesome mate keep working on it would love to add it to my version of the skin.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Hitcher - 2015-05-17

(2015-05-17, 15:19)llygoden Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

Thank you for your hard work on this skin, I think it compliments the Amazon Fire TV box perfectly.
One question I have is did the "Next Up" feature https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BkmJHglLzA make it into the Alpha (I can't see it, so wondering if it's a setting)?

Keep up the good work

Unfortunately not, it was a hack and without knowing exactly when to start the countdown wouldn't work properly.

However, if you have 'Play next video automatically' enabled when you press OK/Enter the first option focused is play the next video.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - stratotak - 2015-05-17

How much more CPU does this use over the stock Confluence skin??I use a Raspberry PI and its fairly snappy with Confluence and having GUI set to 720P instead of 1080P.

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mystic84 - 2015-05-17

hi can you add live tv to the skin when you can it will be most appreciated thank you

fTV (Isengard only) - ADHDMedia - 2015-05-17

Lol [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] ^^^

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alexioklini - 2015-05-17

(2015-05-17, 15:58)stratotak Wrote: How much more CPU does this use over the stock Confluence skin??I use a Raspberry PI and its fairly snappy with Confluence and having GUI set to 720P instead of 1080P.

i assume you want to know if the skin is smooth on the pi ?
i can say for at least on the pi 2 yes!!!

i have done the following:
my pi2 is overclocked to permanently 900mhz.
in addition i did a precache of all artwork with the texturecache.py script.

with these two things i am able to reproduce nearly the same speed and smoothness as a x64 build on my macbook pro 2013

thanks,
alex

(2015-05-17, 11:15)fach1708 Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 11:08)Hitcher Wrote: No piracy addon talk please.

Apologies, any idea why the recent tv shows etc is not showing?

i fixed it by backing up my sources.xml and advanced settings.xml.
then i deleted the userdata folder and put back the xml files.
as my library is mysql based i did not have to to a rescan.

after initial config of kodi and redownload the ftv skin all was working properly.

i did this on a pi2 and on a macbook so it seems to fix this for my configuration.

thanks,
alex

(2015-05-17, 01:53)hsus Wrote: I'm curious as to why the skin is Isengard only, does Isengard bring any changes to the skinning engine that are needed for this skin?
I tried it with helix and really couldn't find any issues with it, which made me curious

hi,

the only differences on 14.2 i found are the following

1. no weather item in home menu
  2. no display of system information in settings
  3. the quit icons (reboot, quit, shutdown) are distorted.

otherwise everything works as expected and behaves exactly as on isegard beta 1

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - ecolombres - 2015-05-17

I love this skin, works perfect on my 2 amazon fire stick, the only thing is that I cant see any widgets on main menu, just the menu list.
How can i solve this?
Also, if I can help translating to spanish, just let me know.
Many thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - alpha981 - 2015-05-17

Hi Hitcher,

I found your Skin va the AFTV News website and have installed it on my Fire TV so far it looks good
BUT I too am wondering how can we populate the Home screen like you have done in the Videos?

I also installed the AFTV skin on my PC that also runs Kodi, the mouse does work apart from an annoying "RED Warning mouse pointer"

Many thanks and keep up the good work

(2015-05-17, 16:40)alexioklini Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 01:53)hsus Wrote: I'm curious as to why the skin is Isengard only, does Isengard bring any changes to the skinning engine that are needed for this skin?
I tried it with helix and really couldn't find any issues with it, which made me curious

hi,

the only differences on 14.2 i found are the following

1. no weather item in home menu
  2. no display of system information in settings
  3. the quit icons (reboot, quit, shutdown) are distorted.

otherwise everything works as expected and behaves exactly as on isegard beta 1
And the cast list
Plus no current item label which affects the following
  • Current item label
  • Window navigation
  • More... settings

(2015-05-17, 17:03)ecolombres Wrote: I love this skin, works perfect on my 2 amazon fire stick, the only thing is that I cant see any widgets on main menu, just the menu list.
How can i solve this?
Also, if I can help translating to spanish, just let me know.
Many thanks

(2015-05-17, 17:43)alpha981 Wrote: Hi Hitcher,

I found your Skin va the AFTV News website and have installed it on my Fire TV so far it looks good
BUT I too am wondering how can we populate the Home screen like you have done in the Videos?

I also installed the AFTV skin on my PC that also runs Kodi, the mouse does work apart from an annoying "RED Warning mouse pointer"

Many thanks and keep up the good work

(2015-05-17, 10:58)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 10:46)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2015-05-17, 10:07)fach1708 Wrote: Sorry if this has been explained before, but how do I add the recently added movies / tv shows to the main screen? As a noob, can someone give me a step by step? Thx in advance

They're already there by default

(2015-05-17, 10:51)justindancer Wrote: Hi there,

First off, great skin, am really liking it. Clean and simple, beautifully finished.

Have run into a problem though : Nothing shows on the home screens. I can see films and TV when opening the menus actively, but juts navigating through the home screen menu leaves a great big black hole on the right. Except for the "Apps" menu.

I have tried rebooting.

Any ideas?

Justin

Try resetting the main menu -

Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Customise home menu > Reset all shortcuts > Yes > OK

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - Edworld - 2015-05-17

Hitcher:

Under movies, top rated movies, what do I need to change to show IMDB top250, all 250, not just the top 25?

Is it an option for the skin to add more submenu's under movies? ls it something I find in the menu without modding the skin

Thanks

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - mattyb8562 - 2015-05-17

Looks awesome!!! I can't wait to give it a go! Live tv is a must have for me though Sad

RE: fTV (Isengard only) - remops - 2015-05-17

Hi Hitcher,
Love it!

Question how do I get the video and program icons to show up on the right side. I have added the short cuts and it will open to them but the idividual images and their shortcuts do not show on the home page.

Thanks for the great work