Kodi Community Forum
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) (/showthread.php?tid=209412)

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Batiatus - 2015-06-05

Can anyone explain this visibility string to me from the Includes_MainMenu.xml and how I'd need to edit it for a custom Main Menu item as a default sub-menu option?

Code:
<visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(4327),movie) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(MoviesSub11))</visible>

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Bonecrusher - 2015-06-05

Hello everybody,

I got a problem with the season posters and I hope someone can help me.

The problem is, that the season posters don't refresh when I change them...

http://i.imgur.com/Wjk9sap.jpg <-- this is the season overview...I changed the season posters to get an uniform look.

But when I open a season, there is still the old poster:

http://i.imgur.com/7oTsW12.jpg

And when I open a episode, there is the new poster:

http://i.imgur.com/8GASgOC.jpg

I've already delete the thumbnails folder and the textures.db...but still the same problem. Can someone help me?

Greetings, Bonecrusher

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - schimi2k - 2015-06-05

(2015-06-05, 15:07)Bonecrusher Wrote: Hello everybody,

I got a problem with the season posters and I hope someone can help me.

The problem is, that the season posters don't refresh when I change them...

http://i.imgur.com/Wjk9sap.jpg <-- this is the season overview...I changed the season posters to get an uniform look.

But when I open a season, there is still the old poster:

http://i.imgur.com/7oTsW12.jpg

And when I open a episode, there is the new poster:

http://i.imgur.com/8GASgOC.jpg

I've already delete the thumbnails folder and the textures.db...but still the same problem. Can someone help me?

Greetings, Bonecrusher
hey bony Smile
go to the series - go to series info screen ( 1st level ) - extras - refresh - choose no ( no refresh all episodes ) - kodi should refresh now the main series infos - go to ectras again - choose artwork downloader > auto - it should find "0" new entrys - maybe go back to main menu once and back to the the series... new posters should be there now
i did it this way a lot of times and it work this way Wink
btw, very nice season posters XD

if u still have problems - send me a german pm

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - schimi2k - 2015-06-05

101 Updated
( naming and fanarts )
>>> THIS WAY >>>

If you find some Mistakes inside this new 101 please send me an PM with your fix Smile
you can keep all misspellings Wink i am a lazy german ^^

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Batiatus - 2015-06-05

If you have problems refreshing any artwork its due to the old art still being cached in the database. Sometimes the change will take, sometimes it's tricky. If you are having a real problem I find it best to take the image you want and make a copy, the manually change the artwork to that newly named copy, delete the properly named file and when you export it will be repopulated. Seems Kodi see's the same filename but not the file change and doesn't always do a proper update.

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Oggie101 - 2015-06-05

Is it possible to use a custom font on the main menu ?...and if so how ?

I am trying to add custom main menu buttons in my modded skin and got almost everything going accept 1 issue. I have a custom (ie built into the defaults of the skin) button for Concerts and I want to have a sub-menu below, again by default. I've made the button, added the code for the sub-menu but I can not get it to come up which is something to do with the visibility string built into the submenu code.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

For example, this is the code, by default, under the Movies button for Years.

Code:
        <item>
            <description>Years</description>
            <label>652</label>
            <onclick>SetProperty(DontRunTVShowScripts,True,Home)</onclick>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieYears,return)</onclick>
            <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(4327),movie) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(MoviesSub6))</visible>
        </item>

I am trying to understand how the visibility works to get my custom sub-menu to work.

Also, if anyone know what file is actually accessed when you go into the skin customizer as all the Aeon Nox defaults show there and none of my added menu items or sub-menu items do. This part is confusing me as well.

Oh, and is there a place to change some of the skin default settings like which menu buttons are showing or hidden on a fresh install?

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - mikeSiLVO - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-05, 22:17)Batiatus Wrote: I am trying to add custom main menu buttons in my modded skin and got almost everything going accept 1 issue. I have a custom (ie built into the defaults of the skin) button for Concerts and I want to have a sub-menu below, again by default. I've made the button, added the code for the sub-menu but I can not get it to come up which is something to do with the visibility string built into the submenu code.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

For example, this is the code, by default, under the Movies button for Years.

Code:
        <item>
            <description>Years</description>
            <label>652</label>
            <onclick>SetProperty(DontRunTVShowScripts,True,Home)</onclick>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieYears,return)</onclick>
            <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(4327),movie) + IsEmpty(Skin.String(MoviesSub6))</visible>
        </item>

I am trying to understand how the visibility works to get my custom sub-menu to work.

Also, if anyone know what file is actually accessed when you go into the skin customizer as all the Aeon Nox defaults show there and none of my added menu items or sub-menu items do. This part is confusing me as well.

Oh, and is there a place to change some of the skin default settings like which menu buttons are showing or hidden on a fresh install?

The visible condition says it is visible when label 4327 contains movie (you have to check label 4327 for more info wherever it may be in the skin xmls) and Skin.String(MovieSub6) is empty or not yet set, again you have to check for that string in the code but it looks like as long as you don't set movies sub 6 it'll be visible when label 4327 contains movie after Kodi parses that label. In other words when movie (years) section contains the default submenu. This is only me responding to your specific question without looking at the code since I do not know what the label contains...
I always dread answering questions in this thread...

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Batiatus - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-06, 03:29)mikesilvo164 Wrote: The visible condition says it is visible when label 4327 contains movie (you have to check label 4327 for more info wherever it may be in the skin xmls) and Skin.String(MovieSub6) is empty or not yet set, again you have to check for that string in the code but it looks like as long as you don't set movies sub 6 it'll be visible when label 4327 contains movie after Kodi parses that label. In other words when movie (years) section contains the default submenu. This is only me responding to your specific question without looking at the code since I do not know what the label contains...
I always dread answering questions in this thread...

The skin string I don't think is as important. It or various variants, doesn't always appear in these sub-menu items. The label 4327 does in every single one. Further in this Includes file is this

Code:
<control type="label" id="4327">
        <label>$VAR[SubMenuVar]</label>
        <include>HiddenObject</include>
    </control>

Which calls to the Variables.xml as this

Code:
    <variable name="SubMenuVar">
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1150)">$INFO[Window(1124).Property(SubmenuType)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom1)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom2)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom3)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom4)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom5)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom6)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom7)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom8)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom9)]$INFO[Window(1124).Property(custom0)]</value>
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(1122)">$INFO[Skin.String(ItemToEdit.SubMenu)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(SubMenu)]</value>
    </variable>

So I'm not sure if I'm following along correctly but it doesn't appear to be anything specific when it comes to anything outside of "Custom" main menu buttons set-up by the end user.

I've made a customer main menu button that is built into a mod of the skin directly, called Concerts. For this I want a sub-menu with "Comedy" and "Music" to split out stand-up concerts from musical performances. All of this as part of my default mod. The main Concerts button works (linked to a playlist, like other similar custom buttons) and I've come up with this for the sub-menu, but it just doesn't work.

Code:
    <include name="DefaultSubConcerts">
        <item>
            <description>Concerts Comedy</description>
            <label fallback="Comedy">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsComedyItem.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://skin/extras/playlists/video/Concerts (Comedy).xsp", return)</onclick>
            <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(4327),concerts)</visible>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Concerts Comedy/">$INFO[Skin.String(Concerts Comedy.MultiFanart)]</icon>
        </item>    
        <item>
            <description>Concerts Music</description>
            <label fallback="Music">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsMusic.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://skin/extras/playlists/video/Concerts (Music).xsp", return)</onclick>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Concerts Music/">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsMusic.MultiFanart)]</icon>
        </item>
    </include>

For each item, the first line is the description. The second line names the button and gives it a label. The third line give the on-click command, to activate a smart playlist. Fourth line is the visibility string I'm stuck on. Last line gives it a custom background.

I know I am missing something but I'm not sure what Huh

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Mike_Doc - 2015-06-06

@barenaked and anyone else who wants it:

Auto Artwork Downloader on Context menu - DialogContextMenu.xml

Easier to just give you the whole file, just overwrite the existing in you 1080i folder.

You should now have 'Get Artwork' on context menu and it should execute same as Auto from extras menu.

It's working fine for me, but any issues let me know.

Mike

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Mike_Doc - 2015-06-06

(2015-05-30, 20:12)mookieman Wrote: Hope somebody can help me, not sure if I need to update. Currently running Kodi Version 14.0 I have always used the tri-banner view for my TV shows as I like it better than any of the other views. It disappeared as a selectable option and I'd love to get it back. Has it been removed or is it a glitch on my system. The Viewtype_Banners.xml file is still in the 1080i folder.
Thanks in advance

Hi mookie,

View 'BannerPlex' appears fine for me as an option in TV, have you disabled it by accident?

Mike.

(2015-06-05, 00:15)Batiatus Wrote: In the skin's default set-up there are the added IMDB Top 250 and Best Picture menu options. How do you work with or modify these? Or add others?

Still working to mod my own skin so any help is appreciated.

Hi Batty,

What exactly do you need to know, they work like this:

There are 2 additions in Home.xml, I think, for the 2 options, they basically just call smartlists in extras/playlists/video. IMDBTop250.xsp for IMDB and BestPicture.xsp for Oscars.

The way I work with them is as follows:

For Oscars you have to manually update to include latest best pictures, your Best1.xsp needs to be updated and will probably need these 2 lines:

<rule field="title" operator="is"><value>Birdman</value></rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is"><value>12 Years a Slave</value></rule>

For IMDB, what I do is use the IMDB Update addon and it works fine for me. I currently run it manually once a week but I think it can be done auto but haven't got round to it yet. I use the Top25 option to update the DB for the IMDB top250 films.

Anything else you need to know?

Adding others would just be copy and paste in Home.xml, if that's where they are as I haven't double checked, and then updating to execute whatever it is you want to add?

Mike

Hi Batty,

How have you scraped your 2 sub-sections of 'concerts'?

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - mikeSiLVO - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-06, 05:56)Batiatus Wrote: The skin string I don't think is as important. It or various variants, doesn't always appear in these sub-menu items. The label 4327 does in every single one. Further in this Includes file is this

Code:
<control type="label" id="4327">
        <label>$VAR[SubMenuVar]</label>
        <include>HiddenObject</include>
    </control>

Which calls to the Variables.xml as this

So I'm not sure if I'm following along correctly but it doesn't appear to be anything specific when it comes to anything outside of "Custom" main menu buttons set-up by the end user.

I've made a customer main menu button that is built into a mod of the skin directly, called Concerts. For this I want a sub-menu with "Comedy" and "Music" to split out stand-up concerts from musical performances. All of this as part of my default mod. The main Concerts button works (linked to a playlist, like other similar custom buttons) and I've come up with this for the sub-menu, but it just doesn't work.

Code:
    <include name="DefaultSubConcerts">
        <item>
            <description>Concerts Comedy</description>
            <label fallback="Comedy">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsComedyItem.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://skin/extras/playlists/video/Concerts (Comedy).xsp", return)</onclick>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Concerts Comedy/">$INFO[Skin.String(Concerts Comedy.MultiFanart)]</icon>
        </item>    
        <item>
            <description>Concerts Music</description>
            <label fallback="Music">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsMusic.Label)]</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://skin/extras/playlists/video/Concerts (Music).xsp", return)</onclick>
            <icon fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/Concerts Music/">$INFO[Skin.String(ConcertsMusic.MultiFanart)]</icon>
        </item>
    </include>

For each item, the first line is the description. The second line names the button and gives it a label. The third line give the on-click command, to activate a smart playlist. Fourth line is the visibility string I'm stuck on. Last line gives it a custom background.

I know I am missing something but I'm not sure what Huh

You have the visible set to when label 4327 matches the string concerts. Do you have that property defined elsewhere in the skin? Perhaps adding it somewhere in window 1150...

RE: AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based) - Batiatus - 2015-06-06

(2015-06-06, 18:29)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Batty,

What exactly do you need to know, they work like this:

There are 2 additions in Home.xml, I think, for the 2 options, they basically just call smartlists in extras/playlists/video. IMDBTop250.xsp for IMDB and BestPicture.xsp for Oscars.

The way I work with them is as follows:

For Oscars you have to manually update to include latest best pictures, your Best1.xsp needs to be updated and will probably need these 2 lines:

<rule field="title" operator="is"><value>Birdman</value></rule>
<rule field="title" operator="is"><value>12 Years a Slave</value></rule>

For IMDB, what I do is use the IMDB Update addon and it works fine for me. I currently run it manually once a week but I think it can be done auto but haven't got round to it yet. I use the Top25 option to update the DB for the IMDB top250 films.

Anything else you need to know?

Adding others would just be copy and paste in Home.xml, if that's where they are as I haven't double checked, and then updating to execute whatever it is you want to add?

Mike

I think I've moved past all this as I found the Oscars and IMDB in the Includes_MainMenu.xml. Though I'm not sure where to find the same for the screen to edit the main menu when using the settings customizer. That's been confusing.

(2015-06-06, 18:34)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Batty,

How have you scraped your 2 sub-sections of 'concerts'?

Concerts are in 2 separate main folders, Concerts (Comedy) and Concerts (Music). They are scraped like all other movies with the universal scraper. In the menu I point to 3 smart playlists, one that calls on folder contains Concerts, and 1 each for folder contains Concerts (Comedy) and Concerts (Music). This way I have a main menu option that includes all concerts and (eventually) a sub menu to split out the 2 types. This also keeps concerts out of my main movie library as from the home Movies button I call to a smart playlist looking for folder contains Movies and all my actual movies are in main folders as Blu-ray Movies 1-10, 3D Blu-ray Movies or DVD Movies.

(2015-06-06, 18:56)mikesilvo164 Wrote: You have the visible set to when label 4327 matches the string concerts. Do you have that property defined elsewhere in the skin? Perhaps adding it somewhere in window 1150...

I went through custom_1150_submenuchoser.xml and found how it has existing submenu items listed. Added a new one for my concerts but that hasn't made it visible. Also, commenting out any of the code in this xml doesn't change the visibility or functionality of the existing submenus. So I'm still stuck.