Kodi Community Forum
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) (/showthread.php?tid=220297)

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - fletch101e - 2016-02-15

(2016-02-05, 18:31)jsteinm1 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 18:39)fletch101e Wrote: I am new to kodi (~3 weeks) and I am experimenting with different hardware for Kodi. I picked up a shield last night and wondering if anyone has any good remote replacement recommendations?

My main use is pvr usage (serverwmc) so looking along those lines. Also is there a way that Kodi can handle more than one keymap..ie different ones for different remotes?

Thanks!

I had a Rii i25A and it has good button layouts but the thing felt cheap so I ditched it. Bought a Fire TV Voice remote and love it. The only downside is it lacks dedicated volume controls, but Kodi keymaps are a work around for volume control.

Well I ended up with a harmony 650 + Flickr and it's working pretty well now, but I also have a new fire tv for the back bedroom. But I could not get the shield to pair it. How did you get it to pair?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - dafababa2002 - 2016-02-15

Is there a better option for a file manager than ES File Explorer to use on the Shield? Maybe one without the privacy concerns? Whether they are true or not is not the issue, its the perception of an issue that bugs me.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Chaozine - 2016-02-15

Hey!

Is it normal that there are only CPU0 and CPU1 in settings/system info and MediaInfo. If I recall correctly there use to be CPU2 and CPU3 also. Can someone answer?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Chaozine - 2016-02-15

(2016-02-15, 19:15)dafababa2002 Wrote: Is there a better option for a file manager than ES File Explorer to use on the Shield? Maybe one without the privacy concerns? Whether they are true or not is not the issue, its the perception of an issue that bugs me.

X-plore is the best there is.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - dafababa2002 - 2016-02-15

(2016-02-15, 21:36)Chaozine Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 19:15)dafababa2002 Wrote: Is there a better option for a file manager than ES File Explorer to use on the Shield? Maybe one without the privacy concerns? Whether they are true or not is not the issue, its the perception of an issue that bugs me.

X-plore is the best there is.

Excellent. Thank you

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - riddle - 2016-02-15

Hi, does some one have experience with hyperion on nvidia shield tv? I readed some info from this link: http://mathias-biedert.de/2015/11/19/nvidia-shield-android-tv-ambilight-ueber-kodi-nutzen/#comment-5262
. But for me this wasnt works on Shield TV only on tested PC with KODI 15.2. My Shiled TV have KODI build from 29 dec 2015 (KODI 16.0-BETA5 Git 2015-12-29-Ofee423).

thanks for eny info....

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - plinkyplonky - 2016-02-16

(2016-01-27, 21:24)e3henri Wrote: I have direct ISO rips (no transcoding, just removing the menues and not needed audio tracks).
They are normal PAL 50hz 576i.

They play fine on boxee box (and other media players), but on Shield/kodi it can result in stuttering (often resolved by stopping and resuming the file - reported by other as well), and you are saying that it is not a Shield problem?

Yes the SATV currently stutters badly on PAL interlaced material, usually after playing for about 20 minutes. A stop and restart resolves it but it is very annoying. It affects 576i and 1080i material for me, I don't have 60hz interlaced material to test it as all my interlaced videos are PAL/50hz.

I was waiting for the next release of KODI before logging a bug report in-case the new version fixed it.

Lip sync also appears to drift about but I haven't managed to get a consistent result yet.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - riddle - 2016-02-16

(2016-02-15, 23:30)riddle Wrote: Hi, does some one have experience with hyperion on nvidia shield tv? I readed some info from this link: http://mathias-biedert.de/2015/11/19/nvidia-shield-android-tv-ambilight-ueber-kodi-nutzen/#comment-5262
. But for me this wasnt works on Shield TV only on tested PC with KODI 15.2. My Shiled TV have KODI build from 29 dec 2015 (KODI 16.0-BETA5 Git 2015-12-29-Ofee423).

thanks for eny info....

Ok, i found somethink about new RenderCapture api who is not compatible with Hyperion addon. But how fix this problem?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - scansbar - 2016-02-16

Hello folks,
Is there a way by only using the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote and hub to send the x,y commands or any additional commands to the shield? I read both forums and searched the internet many hours.
I came across folks using a usb to ir adapter but I'd like to stick with the harmony remote if possible.
I read about the key mapper and adding windows and Nvidia to an activity but didn't work. Maybe I'm not doing it right but hopefully someone out there has the expertise to assist. I honestly read every form and spend many hours and can't figure it out. Not sure if there is a step by step but would truly appreciate it if someone out there can help.
Thank you in advance
Mark

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Morgan - 2016-02-17

(2016-02-15, 23:30)riddle Wrote: Hi, does some one have experience with hyperion on nvidia shield tv? I readed some info from this link: http://mathias-biedert.de/2015/11/19/nvidia-shield-android-tv-ambilight-ueber-kodi-nutzen/#comment-5262

thanks for eny info....

Hi,

I'm currently running Hyperion on a rPi v1 linked to my ShieldTV by WIFI.
Works like a charm!
I basically used the official github pages of the hyperion project. It is really nice.
I had to install a Kodi distrib (like OpenElec) on the rPi because somehow, when I started from scratch with a basic linux distrib, it never worked.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - riddle - 2016-02-17

(2016-02-17, 10:45)Morgan Wrote:

thanks for eny info....

Hi,

I'm currently running Hyperion on a rPi v1 linked to my ShieldTV by WIFI.
Works like a charm!
I basically used the official github pages of the hyperion project. It is really nice.
I had to install a Kodi distrib (like OpenElec) on the rPi because somehow, when I started from scratch with a basic linux distrib, it never worked.

Hi, and whats verzion of KODI you are using? I know thats on stale verzion 15.2 STA working fine but on newest version this dont work. Stable version of KODI dont have implementace audio via hdmi passthrough to AVR.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - frfinam - 2016-02-17

Hi,

Nvidia Shield TV + Kodi is working perfectly except for mkv file and folder with mkv.
My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.
The only way to see them is using a Plex server running in qnap and plexmbx installed in Kodi.. But I don't like Plex, it is less customazable respect kodi.

Have someone the same issue?

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - riddle - 2016-02-17

(2016-02-17, 16:21)frfinam Wrote: Hi,

Nvidia Shield TV + Kodi is working perfectly except for mkv file and folder with mkv.
My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.
The only way to see them is using a Plex server running in qnap and plexmbx installed in Kodi.. But I don't like Plex, it is less customazable respect kodi.

Have someone the same issue?

Nop, what files sharing system you are using? Did you try NFS, i used all the time on Synology server and now on WHS i use it too... Its easy to set up and works wit all files.

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - Hiphopopotamus - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-17, 16:21)frfinam Wrote: My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.

Have you set the library up correctly, as per this guide:

RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - wesk05 - 2016-02-18

Yay! DTS:X passthrough works on the SHIELD with Kodi 17.0 pre-alpha.

The sample provided in Kodi Wiki doesn't have proper DTS:X track.