Kodi Community Forum
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio (/showthread.php?tid=221407)

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-18

(2016-01-18, 19:57)opeters Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 03:07)hdmkv Wrote: ...... Once you go Kodi, there's truly no going back! Never again!

Quite happy with the VTEN, at last a device that plays the media the way I want it...
Just select the 3D movie and play…. with correct framerate, 3D subs and no shutter from SMB share.
True I miss the KODI interface and probably will sell the VTEN if an alternative with KODI arrives.
Like I wrote, VTEN's PQ and 2D/3D playback are excellent... but the UI is slowish, w/a dated look/feel, and the jukebox set-up/use/management is cumbersome. If there weren't good 3D options under Kodi, I'd likely pick VTEN... but we have HiMedia Q5/Q10 and RPi2.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - opeters - 2016-01-18

(2016-01-18, 21:17)hdmkv Wrote: .. but we have HiMedia Q5/Q10 and RPi2.

Yeah I did get a Q5 and returned it. No 3D subs. So definitely not a solution for me.
So I wonder did you try subs on the VTEN while playing an 3D ISO to compare?

I also did not like the external player solution, it would mess up any CinemaVision addon script.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - MaDeMaNN - 2016-01-19

Where is the best place to pick up a Q5? That ships fairly quickly to USA?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-19

None that ship from within the U.S. unfortunately. You'll need to order off eBay with shipping from China, but first, verify it's the English-branded version, not the Chinese version (different firmwares; can't crossflash).

I had two at one point (sold one)... one from nikingstore.com, and the other from Futeko in UK. Latter guarantees the English version, but you get a UK plug, so figure another $7-10 to get a compatible U.S. plug off eBay.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - MaDeMaNN - 2016-01-19

Awesome thanks!

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-19

Updated post #1 and chart.

(2016-01-16, 02:43)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 02:00)bdreams Wrote: @movie78 tested a few true hd 7.1 minions has the problem you mention when I change it to db 5.1 sound is fine. Tested 3d and bdmv folder aal play with no issues currently I am using build 11. Even John wick playback smooth.. I don't have a atmos receiver yet maybe next Christmas .

So Minions 7.1 3D.ISO had a playback issue,this prove that Raspberry Pi2 is having some playback issues with 3D.ISO TRUEHD Tracks,but John Wick 7.1 did play fine.
Angry
Watched first 15 minutes of 'Minions' 3D ISO via RPi2 & no audio issues at my end. Tested w/Milhouse Kodi 17 build #118.

(2016-01-16, 17:21)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 11:34)ArieS Wrote: @hdmkv: do you still think MVC is the way to go over ISO with the latest builds?
Will be re-evaluating this weekend with ISO's, with latest Milhouse build, especially some that have struggled to play smoothly for me in the past.
No more. 3D ISO's are playing just as well as MVC MKV's now with RPi2 Smile. Tested w/Milhouse Kodi 17 build #118. Only thing is occasional skipped frames, especially in the first 10-15 minutes of a BD rip. Can you guys try & bring up the codec info overlay (press letter 'O' on a connected keyboard) every couple mins to check? Thanks!

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2016-01-19

Was your test performed on a FULL Rip ISO?

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - hdmkv - 2016-01-20

No... all my rips are movie-only. I use AnyDVDHD in conjunction w/tsMuxeR to rip/build movie-only ISO's for all my 3D discs.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2016-01-20

Most of my ATMOS Movie are Full Rip, I will test the latest Milhouse Kodi 17 build to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks for taking time to to test this.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - leon0986 - 2016-01-20

(2015-03-16, 22:11)hdmkv Wrote: What do you mean by metadata reading & sorting/selecting? Speed while scraping & when loading/browsing libraries?

hi hdmkv, i try to reach you via private message, but failed .is there any way to contact you ?

I PM'd you my e-mail.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - macca777 - 2016-01-20

Hi..have been browsing this fantastic thread for a while and eventually decided to purchase a Pi2..have it all setup per first page(thanks!) with a recent millhouse build.Hd audio is working well as lpcm via my amp and 3d is fantastic.However..does the pi2 offer a bdlite menu(i appreciate it cant do a full bdj menu).If so..which build or is it only on a few select bd.isos??

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - movie78 - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-20, 15:57)macca777 Wrote: Hi..have been browsing this fantastic thread for a while and eventually decided to purchase a Pi2..have it all setup per first page(thanks!) with a recent millhouse build.Hd audio is working well as lpcm via my amp and 3d is fantastic.However..does the pi2 offer a bdlite menu(i appreciate it cant do a full bdj menu).If so..which build or is it only on a few select bd.isos??

No BDLite or BDJ Menu on the Pi2 as for now,maybe in the futureBlush

BD-lite menu is basically access to chapters, subs & audio options... so yes, via Kodi, just press 'OK' button if you have a WMC remote/dongle or 'Enter' key if a keyboard, and you should be able to access all those. Not certain about chapters as RPi2 didn't support it w/ISO's with earlier build, but maybe it has been added now.

RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - macca777 - 2016-01-20

Ok thanks again.Saw the chart on first page mentioning a bd-lite menu with the Pi2 and thought i was missing some functionality.
The zidoo x6 i purchased and that hasnt made it out of its box yet pales in comparison deapite its lofty and legally dubious claims..its own forum is a bit of a train wreck.