Kodi Community Forum
Add info to folders - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Add info to folders (/showthread.php?tid=24315)

Add info to folders - 321erik123 - 2007-01-17

In the "my video" section there is a feature that can look up imdb info for all files in a directory, I was wondering if there could be an option to do the same thing with folders?

Since movies usually comes in two cd's and are named pretty wierd (for exampel lmg-tn-cd1) imdb can't really handle it, while the folder itself has the entire name which imdb can understand, (for exampel Talladega.Nights.UNRATED.DVDRip.XviD-LMG)

It would be much appreciated if this was possible.

Thanks in advance

Erik

- spiff - 2007-01-17

added a few days back - keep with the flow ;D

- 321erik123 - 2007-01-17

sweet

thanks

- El Piranna - 2007-01-17

Cool... do it works with series? (or maybe the question is, has XBMC series info from somewhere?)

- spiff - 2007-01-22

not yet but that is the reason for the change. hang on

- El Piranna - 2007-01-22

spiff Wrote:not yet but that is the reason for the change. hang on

I downloaded it saturday. It's cool the new "set content" option Smile Unluckyly there's only IMDB info. How i can add series info? I saw flooox script on xbmcscript but it seems not work (or i don't know how to use it, as it happens with XbmcMail... :p )

- spiff - 2007-01-22

if you don't understand that sentence i give up.

- 321erik123 - 2007-01-22

This is a really cool new feature

I have two sugestions which I think would make it even cooler

Firstly:

If you can make it so that the folder automaticly get's a picture not only the file in the folder. I know that this is pretty easily solved by just selecting the folder and then displaying it's information but it takes some time.

Secondly:

If you have two files in a folder, which there usually is since most movies are divided into two cd's, only the first file gets a thumbnail.

So to sum up, I would really appreciate it if you could make the movie cover could be shown automaticly on folders and on all files in a folder...

Thanks

Erik

- El Piranna - 2007-01-22

spiff Wrote:if you don't understand that sentence i give up.

Oh, i didn't understand it correctly. Ok: now there's the support for it and is needed people to make the plugins :p

- spiff - 2007-01-23

support is in my head only.

erik, it's not that simple. i need to take several layouts into the picture. some ppl store folder/movie1.avi folder/movie2.avi etc. they certainly do not want thumb inheritance. i'll see if i can put in some inheritance rules if you lookup by folder name.

as for divided movies; it is assigned to the stack not the individual files.

- Gir_Ver_2.0 - 2007-01-25

I would be one who would definitely not want folder inheritance. But I am a big fan of having features for some and the ability to turn it off for others.

BTW Spiff, you rock!