Kodi Community Forum
Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part (/showthread.php?tid=253058)

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - magico77 - 2016-09-20

Hi
First of all congratulation for your skin...simply amazing.
Maybe somebody already asked in the past: there is any way to add videoextras add-on in the file dialog of the information of the movie? Such a button that appear if there is an extras...sorry for my english...Thank you

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-09-20

There is are context menu addon available in the repo. This should be enough.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - klarahimmel - 2016-09-21

Hi I try your skin on my ftvstick (jarvis Version)

The TV section very good, but after 30sec the picture freezes and i have only liveTV sound.

Is the banner also in the jarvis version?

How can i use the search Button for searches in movies and series?
At first run the skins asks for installs a virtual keyboard global search

Do you have also a german thread in kodinerds?

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-09-21

To be honest, I cannot remember if I added the banner feature to Jarvis. I switched to Krypton months ago.
Your TV issues sounds like a Kodi issue. A skin is not responsible for the playback.

The search button requires the GlobalSearch script.

There is only this thread.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - alipendier - 2016-09-21

(2016-09-14, 17:58)alipendier Wrote: @sualfred

I have a troubleshooting issue I hope you already have an idea whats going on, I have 2 corrupt Widget Groups. One of them shuts down Kodi whenever I try to enter it from the main tab, and the other one keeps the "Set Widget Content" and the "Customize Home Menu" overlays on top of the widgets displayed on the main screen.

So basically my question is whether there is a way of setting individual "widgets groups" back to default, and I don't mean just using the "Reset" button because I tried that with them more than a few times and same result. I at least narrowed things down to it being corrupt widget groups because when I recreate them identically as another new widget group they work just fine now.

Even though there's a workaround it'll still be good to have a way of fixing it if possible. Thanks Cool

@sualfred

1. Now exact same problem on Krypton ^ I would like to fix the unusable widget groups if possible
2. Is your youtube addon now disabled for Krypton? I also noticed that lately not all widgets that depend on it loaded on Jarvis, man most of my widgets are youtube based by far, I'm still testing Krypton on a different device so I have both versions to troubleshoot with. I sure hope youtube is still considered as not banned
3. How do I change the loading spinner to the one included in the skin? (Didn't get it to work on Jarvis either)
4 Thanks! Cool

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-09-21

1. I never faced such an issue and you are the only one with it. So I guess it's based on the set content provider (the addon)
2. I cannot disable your addons and I do not maintain the YouTube addon. The widgets are designed to be used with local media and mainly for smart playlists. If you decide to use a lot of widgets for addons, you have to deal with slowdowns and timeouts. That's a Kodi behaviour. It's not designed or optimized to run a lot of scripts and addons at the same time to fill a list.
3. Hardcoded. Not possible with a setting.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - alipendier - 2016-09-21

(2016-09-21, 13:17)sualfred Wrote: 1. I never faced such an issue and you are the only one with it. So I guess it's based on the set content provider (the addon)
2. I cannot disable your addons and I do not maintain the YouTube addon. The widgets are designed to be used with local media and mainly for smart playlists. If you decide to use a lot of widgets for addons, you have to deal with slowdowns and timeouts. That's a Kodi behaviour. It's not designed or optimized to run a lot of scripts and addons at the same time to fill a list.
3. Hardcoded. Not possible with a setting.

Thanks for the reply, its weird man because when those two widget groups got corrupted I went ahead and recreated them (identically) into new groups and the recreated ones work just fine, problem is that I now have two unusable widget groups.

I've seen other skins on youtube with the spinner changed (most likely would be Jarvis), I'll check further and post instructions here in case anybody finds it useful. Thanks Cool

The other included spinner is the one Hitcher is using. I've made it for him a while ago but I never changed it in my version (don't like it).

(2016-09-21, 14:19)sualfred Wrote: The other included spinner is the one Hitcher is using. I've made it for him a while ago but I never changed it in my version (don't like it).

Okay that's what you meant by hardcoded (into the skin and not kodi), I'll prefer the custom spinner but LiveTV/PVR wins that battle for sure, cool thanks Cool

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - stevie67 - 2016-09-23

Hi Sualfred how do you get banners above movies and tv shows to show. Any help would be appreciated.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-09-23

Assign a widget group to the main menu item -> open edit dialog of the group -> button in the lower left corner

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - stevie67 - 2016-09-24

Hi Sualfred

Do the banners only work with locally stored movies and tv shows?

Where do you find the pvr in this skin?
Do we have to add them manually
Im on the Krypton build.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-09-25

Only local.
You have to configure a PVR client.

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - Kokonutcreme - 2016-10-03

Hi I've read through pages 11-13 and set the genres widget as one of the items within my Film library widgets. However the genres widget doesn't display any text at the bottom of the genre icons until I open it.

Running FTV on Jarvis.

Navigated to Video Library > Movies > Genres to set the content.

Is there a step I've missed? Or is this the same behaviour for others?

RE: fTV Fred Edition - with full working and integrated LiveTV part - sualfred - 2016-10-03

Make sure you have skin helper service installed.
And please consider to upgrade to Krypton. My Jarvis supported ended months ago.