Kodi Community Forum
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork (/showthread.php?tid=258886)

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Karellen - 2020-08-07

(2020-08-06, 21:12)MrPatate Wrote: All the duplicated fanart (fanart1 to fanart 5) are fanart from GreenBook movie.
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/490132-green-book
for every movie I have fanarr1 to 5 with a green book fanart, not related from the dedicated movie.So my fanart library have many time the same fanart1 (fanart2 ... 5)
Are you saying that most or all of your movies have the same artwork from the GreenBook movie?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - MrPatate - 2020-08-07

(2020-08-07, 02:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-08-06, 21:12)MrPatate Wrote: All the duplicated fanart (fanart1 to fanart 5) are fanart from GreenBook movie.
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/490132-green-book
for every movie I have fanarr1 to 5 with a green book fanart, not related from the dedicated movie.So my fanart library have many time the same fanart1 (fanart2 ... 5)
Are you saying that most or all of your movies have the same artwork from the GreenBook movie?

Exactly, all my fanart movie are the same, not the first fanart who's related to the good movie, but all aditionnal fanart are the sale artwork from Green Book.
This problem only affect multi fanart, all other artwork like discart, clearlogo, poster, keyart.... are good and the first fanart (movir-fanart.jpg) are good and related to the good movie. But the additional fanart (movie-fanart1.jpg, movie-fanart2jpg ....) are always the same and are fanart from the Green Book movie.
I don't understand this problem, and hope someone can help me to solve this (two problems : many useless and false fanart, and for the movie library, take some place for useless files).

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - MrPatate - 2020-08-14

Don't know why, but i completly delete the wrong fanart to my media library from my disk, made a full scan for artwork and fanarts (3 more fanarts request) and all goes OK, My fanarts are good now, and I can roll them on the used skin.
Sorry for the desturbe, really happy this work again (cause for many time and added media the problem is here, now I can add media without stress).

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - beeta - 2020-08-20

Is there any way to get Artwork Beef to overwrite the current poster/fanart that is scraped from the intial Movie/TV scraper? I usually prefer the posters and artwork from Fanart.tv so I have set Artwork Beef to prefer those.

I have artwork beef set up to run after library scan, so when a new movie or tv episode is added the scraper adds poster and fanart from TMDB and TheTVDB, and because they already exists artwork beef does not overwrite them with prefered ones from fanart.tv.

Or alternative solution: Can I somehow disable adding of posters in the intial scrape on Movies and TV Shows? I know I can disable fanarts in the TMDB and TheTVDB scrapers but not posters.

Any possible solutions? Smile

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Zoltrix - 2020-08-20

(2020-08-20, 12:27)beeta Wrote: Is there any way to get Artwork Beef to overwrite the current poster/fanart that is scraped from the intial Movie/TV scraper? I usually prefer the posters and artwork from Fanart.tv so I have set Artwork Beef to prefer those.

I have artwork beef set up to run after library scan, so when a new movie or tv episode is added the scraper adds poster and fanart from TMDB and TheTVDB, and because they already exists artwork beef does not overwrite them with prefered ones from fanart.tv.

Or alternative solution: Can I somehow disable adding of posters in the intial scrape on Movies and TV Shows? I know I can disable fanarts in the TMDB and TheTVDB scrapers but not posters.

I think from memory I ran the "Remove artwork for media type" and had it remove everything, and then replaced everything with what Artwork Beef pulled down again...

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - beeta - 2020-08-20

(2020-08-20, 12:50)Zoltrix Wrote:
(2020-08-20, 12:27)beeta Wrote: Is there any way to get Artwork Beef to overwrite the current poster/fanart that is scraped from the intial Movie/TV scraper? I usually prefer the posters and artwork from Fanart.tv so I have set Artwork Beef to prefer those.

I think from memory I ran the "Remove artwork for media type" and had it remove everything, and then replaced everything with what Artwork Beef pulled down again...

Yes that works for current items in library, but I am looking for a solution where it is handled automatically on each new movie/tv show scrape. Would be tiresome to run that procesdure every other day. Smile

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - MrSmith2019 - 2020-08-20

It's not my way to complain about someone else work but in this case there is no other way.

Iam using Artwork Beef since 3 weeks now because i moved from Krypton to Leia. And its really a mess to deal with this addon. I never had such problems with Artwork Downloader the last years.

I already posted one of the problems some days ago. I quote myself to do it again.

(2020-07-21, 20:54)MrSmith2019 Wrote: When i change something (e.g. a poster or a discart) within my movie library he always shows me "updated 1 file" but he dont applies the new graphic file. There is still the old poster, fanart or discart. I have to leave the movie library, go back to main menu and then re-enter the movie library. Then he shows the new graphic. Thats really annoying. Artwork Downloader was applying this immediately.
Its the same with all other graphics. Also on TV Shows. So i never know if he really downloaded the new graphic file and applied it. Sometimes he does and sometimes not. So i have to do it again and wait some minutes to see if it works.

For movies its not the big problem. I download all needed files from fanart.tv on my PC and add them manually after moving and renaming the files...
But for TV Shows this addon is not working properly. When i choose the function "AB: Add missing Artwork" from the context menu he is not downloading all graphics and in some cases he is downloading wrong files. In the setup i activated all graphics for TV Shows.

1. He is not downloading landscape graphics for Seasons. You have to do it manually one after one. And there is the next problem.
2. I always have to reopen the context menu for the next file because its closing after choosing one file. Thats annoying and makes no sense. It should go back to the menu so i can choose the next one.
3. He is downloading wrong banner, poster and landscape files. I dont know why but instead of downloading standard Tv show banner, poster and landscape files he is randomly downloading season files. So the standard poster is e.g. "Walking Dead Season 5" or the standard banner is "Breaking Bad Season 3" etc. So you have to change all these files manually.
4. He is not downloading character art.

That means you have to choose every little graphic file for TV shows manually. And this takes a lot of time because he is not applying the graphics on time so i can see if he does the job or not. Because of my change from Krypton to Leia and because of the new API from TheTVDB i've rescraped all my TV shows. In the setup of AB i activated "only identify local files" for Movies and TV Shows. For movies it was working fine. He just used my stored graphics. But it was not working for TV Shows. He downloaded wrong files and in most cases he overwrites my old files. So iam sitting here since 4 days to rework all my graphics for TV shows...

I can't see any answers here from the author. I also can't see any updates or planned updates coming up?

This addon is one of a few must have addons. So it should be developed and bugs and issues should be fixed in my opinion.

Maybe it's a better idea that the Kodi Team integrates such functions like that because artwork downloading is (or should be) a basic feature of Kodi...

Sorry for my text but iam a bit frustrated Confused

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Zoltrix - 2020-08-22

(2020-08-20, 13:16)beeta Wrote:
(2020-08-20, 12:50)Zoltrix Wrote:

Yes that works for current items in library, but I am looking for a solution where it is handled automatically on each new movie/tv show scrape. Would be tiresome to run that procesdure every other day. Smile
Once you've done it once it should be right. That's what I found. Now all scans use the Artwork Beef media by default.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - SirLoinOfBeef - 2020-08-30

As TheMovieDB now supports TV shows, is it likely to be added as an Artwork Beef TV Show web service?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - alazabe - 2020-09-07

How to save the artworks inside the movie folder ?

Update: i figure it out

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - rmrector - 2020-09-12

(2020-07-21, 20:54)MrSmith2019 Wrote: When i change something (e.g. a poster or a discart) within my movie library he always shows me "updated 1 file" but he dont applies the new graphic file. There is still the old poster, fanart or discart. I have to leave the movie library, go back to main menu and then re-enter the movie library. Then he shows the new graphic. Thats really annoying. Artwork Downloader was applying this immediately.

That's just the way Kodi does it. Artwork Downloader solved this in a heavy handed manner, AB does not.

For the rest of it, read the first post. Your experience is not typical - it sounds like something is not quite right with your setup but I need more information to begin to help.

(2020-08-30, 00:53)SirLoinOfBeef Wrote: As TheMovieDB now supports TV shows, is it likely to be added as an Artwork Beef TV Show web service?

No.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Genuine3000 - 2020-09-19

(2020-07-18, 18:43)m2k1980 Wrote: hello,
somebode knows how to fix this?
2020-07-18 08:42:40.348 T:30945   ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
2020-07-18 08:42:40.349 T:30945   ERROR: GetSeasonsByWhere failed
2020-07-18 08:42:40.376 T:30945   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'lib.libs.quickjson.JSONException'>
                                            Error Contents: There was an error with a JSON-RPC request.
                                            Request: {
                                              "params": {
                                                "properties": [
                                                  "season",
                                                  "art",
                                                  "tvshowid",
                                                  "showtitle"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                              "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                                              "method": "VideoLibrary.GetSeasons",
                                              "id": 1
                                            }
                                            Result: {
                                              "id": 1,
                                              "error": {
                                                "message": "Internal error.",
                                                "code": -32603
                                              }
                                            }
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 313, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 96, in main
                                                action()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 172, in make_local
                                                downloaded = runon_medialist(downloadforitem, L(M.MAKE_LOCAL), fg=True)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 296, in runon_medialist
                                                fixcount += update_art_for_items(list_fn(), start)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 159, in get_seasons
                                                return _inner_get_seasons(tvshow_id)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 169, in _inner_get_seasons
                                                if check_json_result(json_result, 'seasons', json_request):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 236, in check_json_result
                                                raise JSONException(json_request, json_result)
                                            JSONException: There was an error with a JSON-RPC request.
                                                  "season",
                                                  "art",
                                                  "tvshowid",
                                                  "showtitle"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                            }
                                              }
                                            }
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
same problem here artwork beef seems to have problem when integrating mysql 
@ohhwee  what do you mean by spam red button next to the reply pastebin can someone give a normal answer

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Genuine3000 - 2020-09-19

(2020-09-19, 22:38)Genuine3000 Wrote:
(2020-07-18, 18:43)m2k1980 Wrote: ,
somebode knows how to fix this?
2020-07-18 08:42:40.348 T:30945   ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
2020-07-18 08:42:40.349 T:30945   ERROR: GetSeasonsByWhere failed
2020-07-18 08:42:40.376 T:30945   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                  "season",
                                                  "art",
                                                  "tvshowid",
                                                  "showtitle"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                            }
                                              }
                                            }
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 313, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 96, in main
                                                action()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 172, in make_local
                                                downloaded = runon_medialist(downloadforitem, L(M.MAKE_LOCAL), fg=True)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/default.py", line 296, in runon_medialist
                                                fixcount += update_art_for_items(list_fn(), start)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 159, in get_seasons
                                                return _inner_get_seasons(tvshow_id)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 169, in _inner_get_seasons
                                                if check_json_result(json_result, 'seasons', json_request):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.artwork.beef/lib/libs/quickjson.py", line 236, in check_json_result
                                                  "season",
                                                  "art",
                                                  "tvshowid",
                                                  "showtitle"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                            }
                                              }
                                            }
same problem here artwork beef seems to have problem when integrating mysql 
@ohhwee  what do you mean by spam red button next to the reply pastebin can someone give a normal answer

https://paste.kodi.tv/erimuvayiq.kodi

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - AakashC2020 - 2020-09-20

Hi,

Can someone help with the below error thrown by Artwork Beef?
I'm using the latest MySQL server:

2020-09-20 22:52:29.163 T:7724   ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
2020-09-20 22:52:29.163 T:7724   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed
2020-09-20 22:52:29.171 T:7724   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                "sort": {
                                                  "method": "sorttitle",
                                                  "order": "ascending"
                                                },
                                                  "art"
                                                ],
                                                "limits": {
                                                  "start": 0,
                                                  "end": 1000
                                                }
                                              },
                                              "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovieSets",
                                            }
                                              }
                                            }
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 393, in <module>
                                                ArtworkService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 104, in run
                                                successful = self.process_allvideos(self.processed.is_stale)
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 211, in process_allvideos
                                                quickjson.gen_chunked_item_list(mediatypes.MOVIESET))
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 210, in <genexpr>
                                                items.extend(info.MediaItem(mset) for mset in chain.from_iterable(
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\quickjson.py", line 101, in gen_chunked_item_list
                                                if not check_json_result(json_result, result_key, json_request):
                                              File "C:\Users\SHIBAJI\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\quickjson.py", line 236, in check_json_result
                                                "sort": {
                                                  "method": "sorttitle",
                                                  "order": "ascending"
                                                },
                                                  "art"
                                                ],
                                                "limits": {
                                                  "start": 0,
                                                  "end": 1000
                                                }
                                              },
                                              "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovieSets",
                                            }
                                              }
                                            }
2020-09-20 22:52:48.771 T:9860   ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!
2020-09-20 22:52:48.771 T:9860   ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere failed

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - rmrector - 2020-09-20

Yes, clearly something is happening - from that snippet Kodi is probably having much bigger problems with the database. Without the entire debug log that's all anyone can say. Post it.