• 1(current)
  •   
[Beta] Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Artwork Beef automatically adds extra artwork for media in your library. It is generally intended to handle extended artwork just as Kodi and scrapers already do for basic artwork. It grabs artwork from the wonderful web services fanart.tv, TheTVDB.comThe Movie Database, and TheAudioDB.com.

It is developed for Kodi 17 Krypton, and should also work for 16 Jarvis and 18 Leia. 15 Isengard should mostly still work, but it's really time to update.
Source hosted on GitHub.

It fully supports series and season artwork from TheTVDB.com; movie, movie set, music video, series, and season artwork from fanart.tv; movie and movie set artwork from The Movie Database; and music video artwork from TheAudioDB. For those series that really pop, high quality fanart for each episode can be added from The Movie Database.

The full list of artwork types grabbed from external web services:
movies and movie sets: poster, fanart, banner, clearlogo, landscape, clearart, discart
music videos: poster (album/single cover), discart, fanart, artistthumb, banner, clearlogo
series: poster, fanart, banner, clearlogo, landscape, clearart, characterart
seasons: poster, fanart, banner, landscape
episodes: fanart

It will also prefer local artwork stored in the file system if it exists, and can be configured to download other artwork that is added.​​​​​​

Music library artwork is supported in recent Leia nightlies (after Dec 29). Local artwork for the music library is not yet supported, though.

The following art types are added from TheAudioDB and fanart.tv:
artists: thumb, fanart, banner, clearlogo, clearart
albums: thumb (album cover), discart, back, spine
songs: thumb (single cover)

Installing

Install my dev repository to get updates delivered to you automatically. After the repo is installed, Artwork Beef can be installed from "Program add-ons". Artwork Beef can also be installed with a single zip file, but you will have to return here for updates.

Artwork Helper can be installed with this single installable zip for Kodi 17 and above (or this one for Kodi 16 and below), but it's only necessary if a skin depends on it. Inclusion in the official Kodi repo isn't likely for now; some of this functionality may make its way into Leia so it will probably see some feature churn before long.

These URLs will always point to the latest stable version.

Usage

Install it. Tada! It will automatically run after library updates, grabbing extended artwork for new items, much like Kodi and scraper do for info and basic artwork.

For further information see the documentation.

Other thoughts
  • Scrapers and NFO files need to set web service IDs like IMDB number, TVDB ID, or TMDB ID for media types that Kodi supports such IDs for: movies, TV shows, and episodes
    • Music files need to be tagged with MusicBrainz IDs; Artist, Release Group, and Track IDs
  • Movie thumbnails aren't added from external sources. There is no way to tell the difference between stills and press/marketing images from the web services, while thumbs should only include stills. Skins can try multiple fanart for a similar look. Generating more than one thumb from a video file is outside the scope of this add-on, but any provided by a media manager is added to the library. Plugins can also set these to the ListItem, if their source provides more than one thumbnail.
  • It would be nice to have a Kodi built-in way for skins to feed multiple art to a `multiimage` control, maybe something like `$INFO[ListItem.MultiArt(fanart)]` to pull all `fanart` and `fanart#` together. I have no idea how it could be implemented in Kodi, though.

Those where my thoughs. What are yours? Skinners, viewers/end users, developers, anyone, I'd like to hear what you think. Please post your log file for any errors.
Nice and all but i will push my updated Artwork Downloader soon to repo with all this already completely done and more.
I said I was busy with other stuff and would push everything when i was ready.
Anyway have fun with it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Big Grin 
(2016-02-05, 12:10)Martijn Wrote: i will push my updated Artwork Downloader soon to repo

How soon is soon?
(2016-02-05, 12:10)Martijn Wrote: Nice and all but i will push my updated Artwork Downloader soon to repo with all this already completely done and more.
Anyway have fun with it

Cool, looking forward to it. I would have rather contributed to Artwork Downloader, but several months and not one response to multiple requests for an update made it seem clear you were uninterested.
I will continue to work on Artwork Beef while I need it, and yes, I will have fun with it. Smile
(2016-02-05, 21:40)rmrector Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 12:10)Martijn Wrote: Nice and all but i will push my updated Artwork Downloader soon to repo with all this already completely done and more.
Anyway have fun with it

Cool, looking forward to it. I would have rather contributed to Artwork Downloader, but several months and not one response to multiple requests for an update made it seem clear you were uninterested.
I will continue to work on Artwork Beef while I need it, and yes, I will have fun with it. Smile

I'm still waiting for a reply from my 2014 post Wink
Hope to see your work in the repo soon Smile
Image Lunatixz  Kodi / Beta repository • Twitter
Image PseudoTV • Forum • Website

When trying your addon I get an artwork beef error at the top left. You mentioned other python modules, which ones would I need?
Installing my dev repo to Kodi then installing Artwork Beef from there should install everything it needs.

I just got a bead on issues with Python 2.6, so if you are on Android, I'll have a fix in the repo soon. Otherwise, go ahead and post your log file, as there is probably something else going on that I will need to look at.

If you pulled the single Artwork Beef zip from the repo, you will also need script.module.lockfile, script.module.cachecontrol, and script.module.devhelper zips from the repo. Install lockfile first, then the other two, then you should be able to install Artwork Beef.
(2016-02-06, 22:14)rmrector Wrote: Installing my dev repo to Kodi then installing Artwork Beef from there should install everything it needs.

I just got a bead on issues with Python 2.6, so if you are on Android, I'll have a fix in the repo soon. Otherwise, go ahead and post your log file, as there is probably something else going on that I will need to look at.

If you pulled the single Artwork Beef zip from the repo, you will also need script.module.lockfile, script.module.cachecontrol, and script.module.devhelper zips from the repo. Install lockfile first, then the other two, then you should be able to install Artwork Beef.

I am using android with the issue, the pc one works ok.
I've fixed up these add-ons to support Python 2.6, Android, and Isengard, with updates in the repo.
@Repoman - please read the rules concerning banned add-ons (wiki) before requesting help here. We do not support any installation that contains them as they violate our forum rules (wiki).
| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows |
Seams that you have put a hold on this. ;-(
No changes were done few days after Martijn comments.

Got any news from Martijn ?
(2016-02-24, 23:56)morstef4 Wrote: Seams that you have put a hold on this. ;-(
No changes were done few days after Martijn comments.

Got any news from Martijn ?

After 0.4.0 a couple of weeks ago, I had a bit of an existential crisis on behalf of the Beef, as I'd really like to see Kodi support all artwork as it supports basic artwork, which would cover everything I really wanted this add-on to do. A change like that in Kodi is pretty hefty, though, and well outside my C++ comfort zone, so I will likely end up coming back to this add-on in a week or so.
Yes, I know what you mean.
I think you are right, Kodi should support them all.
I have finished up version 0.5.0, which comes with a handful of changes, the biggest is loading artwork from NFO and image files next to your media. Further details in the first post.

Add-on settings have been fleshed out, error handling has been improved, and other bits have been polished up.

I've also enabled multiple characterart to be selected. I had some fun goofing with these, like the Professor worships George Takei, or Daryl stalking zombies. It still defaults to a single image.
Version 0.6.0 is up:
Added a setting to enter a fanart.tv personal API key
Loads artwork from filesystem for stacked movies and VIDEO_TS/BDMV rips
Uses the final version of TheTVDB API v2 rather than beta
Most messages have been localized
  • 1(current)
  •   

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork51