Kodi Community Forum
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork (/showthread.php?tid=258886)

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - shedrock - 2021-02-07

(2021-02-05, 10:22)DaveBlake Wrote: Supporting a popular addon is a lot of hard work, and since the scrapers for Matrix now support extended artwork the need for AB is greatly reduced.
Thank you for the explanation. Make sense now that I understand the reasons.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - pletopia - 2021-02-14

The pity is AB did more then just scrape extra artwork that now will not be possible without it. I wish I had any coding skills, otherwise I'd get AB to be v19 compatible Undecided

EDIT:
I guess changing <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.19.0" /> to <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" /> isn't all you need to do.
Code:
021-02-13 18:30:29.226 T:5292    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from lib import advancedsettings, cleaner, reporting
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\cleaner.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                       from lib.libs import pykodi, mediatypes, quickjson
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\mediatypes.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                       addon = pykodi.get_main_addon()
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 40, in get_main_addon
                                                       _main_addon = Addon()
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 199, in __init__
                                                       self.resourcespath = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath(self.path).decode('utf-8'), u'resources')
                                                   AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Publish3r - 2021-02-23

Hello rmrector.

I have some questions for artwork handling with kodi matrix.

I know that artwork beef will not released for matrix. For matrix there is the new artwork dumper.
I read that the most artwork beef functions are now part of matrix.
But where can i change the artwork in matrix now?
For example: I scraped a movie with matrix, but where can i change the cover and dvd artwork now? There is no button under the movie information.
I tryed the artwork dumper, but that only saved the scraped artwork in the movie folder. Thats a nice feature but it does not help to change the artwork.
If the most artwork beef functions now part of matrix i ask me where is the button to change the artwork? I can't find it.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand what i mean and give me a hint what to do now.

Thanks.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Karellen - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-23, 18:04)Publish3r Wrote: But where can i change the artwork in matrix now?
Use the Choose Art button... (ignore the arrows)

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Publish3r - 2021-02-23

Thanks @Karellen - I did not find it, because the Button is not in my used skin... I'm happy now.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - tehax - 2021-02-23

My used skin Estuary Mod v2 does also not have this button  Sad

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - Maboz - 2021-02-24

I still can't find a way to
1. periodically re-scrape local art if it changed (added/removed/changed)
2. periodically re-scrape art from remote if it changed

Suggestions?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - thecubasekid - 2021-03-01

(2021-02-14, 00:00)pletopia Wrote: The pity is AB did more then just scrape extra artwork that now will not be possible without it. I wish I had any coding skills, otherwise I'd get AB to be v19 compatible Undecided

EDIT:
I guess changing <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.19.0" /> to <import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0" /> isn't all you need to do.
Code:
021-02-13 18:30:29.226 T:5292    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\cleaner.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\mediatypes.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 40, in get_main_addon
                                                       _main_addon = Addon()
                                                     File "D:\Kodi.v19\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 199, in __init__
                                                       self.resourcespath = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath(self.path).decode('utf-8'), u'resources')
i actually went a step further, i updated same settings as you and some other requirements to bring up to Matrix versions, then i used an online updater to convert all the .py files inside the addon to be python v3...but still it didn't work :-(

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - mechevarria - 2021-03-01

So, if this plugin was a stopgap for functionality that is now in Kodi 19, how should skin xml be updated?  For example
xml:

String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

What should references like that be changed to? In particular I am trying to fix upgrade bugs to skins like this one

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/issues/251

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - rmrector - 2021-03-02

(2021-03-01, 22:13)mechevarria Wrote: So, if this plugin was a stopgap for functionality that is now in Kodi 19, how should skin xml be updated?  For example
xml:

String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])

What should references like that be changed to? In particular I am trying to fix upgrade bugs to skins like this one

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr.2/issues/251
The closest functionality is Kodi's built in "Choose art" dialog. https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Choosing_Art_You_Want , button 10 on DialogVideoInfo https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_Controls#DialogVideoInfo.xml

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - pletopia - 2021-03-08

(2021-03-01, 19:56)thecubasekid Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 00:00)pletopia Wrote: The pity is AB did more then just scrape extra artwork that now will not be possible without it. I wish I had any coding skills, otherwise I'd get AB to be v19 compatible Undecided

EDIT:
Code:
                                                       _main_addon = Addon()
i actually went a step further, i updated same settings as you and some other requirements to bring up to Matrix versions, then i used an online updater to convert all the .py files inside the addon to be python v3...but still it didn't work :-(
Very disappointing Sad

v19 core lack of multi-fanart and periodic checks for new artwork is reason enough to continue to use this addon. Maybe in v20 when these features are implemented in kodi then this addon could be deprecated but this was too early. I will continue to use v18 for now seeing as there really isn't anything in v19 right now that i need (give me 4k HDR w/ actually working HD audio passthru support across the board and not just in windows then i'll have to make some tough decisions)

Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - HeresJohnny - 2021-04-03

I've come across a specific problem with NFS, possibly only the Hanewin NFS server. When saving any file its maximum size is limited by the NFS Blocksite defined by the server. The maximum possible size seems to be 32kb in any case.

In the case of saving subtitles this will lead to the subtitle file being saved in a temporary folder in the addon configuration folder under the user profile.

In the case of saving .nfo or artwork the file is saved but it's file size is truncated to the NFS block size. Artwork Dump displays an error that saving went wrong.

I have contacted the creator of the NFS server and asked him to investigate this. I would also ask Team Kodi to check if there might be a bug in core.

In any case it seems to me that the checking mechanism of subtitles add-ons works better than that of core. Writing of files should not occur if the result is a truncated and therefore corrupted file. Maybe Kodi core could be hardened in this respect, thanks.

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - bossanova808 - 2021-04-04

(2021-04-03, 21:33)HeresJohnny Wrote: I've come across a specific problem with NFS, possibly only the Hanewin NFS server. When saving any file its maximum size is limited by the NFS Blocksite defined by the server. The maximum possible size seems to be 32kb in any case.

In the case of saving subtitles this will lead to the subtitle file being saved in a temporary folder in the addon configuration folder under the user profile.

In the case of saving .nfo or artwork the file is saved but it's file size is truncated to the NFS block size. Artwork Dump displays an error that saving went wrong.

I have contacted the creator of the NFS server and asked him to investigate this. I would also ask Team Kodi to check if there might be a bug in core.

In any case it seems to me that the checking mechanism of subtitles add-ons works better than that of core. Writing of files should not occur if the result is a truncated and therefore corrupted file. Maybe Kodi core could be hardened in this respect, thanks.

I don't think you're correct on the cause of this error.  Having used Hanewin for ~15 years or more, I've never experienced a truncated file issue - literally tens of thousands of files copied to and from my NFS shares over 32kb.  I've just used Kodi to copy a file to an NFS share that is ~120mb in size, so well more than your 32kb limit.  No issue.

I think you have some other sort of issue going on...

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - HeresJohnny - 2021-04-04

You use NFS to copy files in Windows?

RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - bossanova808 - 2021-04-04

Not sure what you are asking?  I have used NFS for all sorts of things for the last two decades.  But specifically, I am quite sure there is no 32kb limit with Hanewin NFS used with Kodi, either to or from.