Kodi Community Forum
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin (/showthread.php?tid=262144)

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - raptorjr - 2016-05-20

(2016-05-19, 21:45)newphreak Wrote: Make it remember last position maybe? Metadata or plot

Is it even necessary with two pages? With the right design, and maybe scrolling plot if it is to big, you could have everything in one page. As it is now there is a lot of free space on both pages, at least for me.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-05-21

(2016-05-19, 21:45)newphreak Wrote: Make it remember last position maybe? Metadata or plot

That's a good idea. We want that AngelAngel

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Vimes - 2016-05-22

Using this skin on the nightlies for my Pi 3 I have noted....

When you select "Weather" from the Home Window menu and then you see the forecast, on the top right there is a "Settings" icon. Is that meant to work and take you to the settings menu of the provider you have chosen....? For me none of those buttons work. I use the OpenWeatherMap Extended service, as a provider.
Default Estuary skin applied.

Thanks.

BTW It is nice to see better integration of the LibreElec settings menu within the Estuary skin. But is there anyway of resolving the truncated / squashed text when you read the "about" screen...? Always been like that in OpenElec as well, but fixed if using the Estuary Mod skin.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - metaron - 2016-05-22

As a keen user of the mythtv pvr client, I've a request for the new skin:

Can 'EpisodeName' be added to now/next / program search results / EPG grid display / 'program info' panels.
Currently you (mostly) only get the programme title and the description, but not the episode name.

Not so good when you want to know which episode of Columbo is which!

Confluence did it like this:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]$INFO[ListItem.EpisodeName, (,)]</label>

It seems to work reasonably well in the Esturary PVR recordings list which already uses this format, but even here some tweaks would be good (episode name appears in the list, but not in the description to the right once selected)

I know not all of the PVR clients break episode name out from the title (it only really works properly from Jarvis onwards), but for those clients which do, it's pretty much essential to have it displayed somewhere.

Thanks.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Milhouse - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-22, 12:48)Vimes Wrote: BTW It is nice to see better integration of the LibreElec settings menu within the Estuary skin. But is there anyway of resolving the truncated / squashed text when you read the "about" screen...? Always been like that in OpenElec as well, but fixed if using the Estuary Mod skin.

Yes it's on the list to be fixed - this is a LibreELEC (and not Estuary) issue.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ste976 - 2016-05-23

hi, i am using estuary with rpi3/libreelec. very nice.

not sure this is the right place from my question... anyway, my problem is:
from GUI the minimum step i can set for volume control is 10. but i wish to set it to a smaller step. is that possible? maybe from the advancedsetting.xml or some other *.xml file?
does anyone know how to set it to a lower step than 10?

thank you

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Milhouse - 2016-05-23

(2016-05-23, 17:50)ste976 Wrote: hi, i am using estuary with rpi3/libreelec. very nice.

from GUI the minimum step i can set for volume control is 10. but i wish to set it to a smaller step. is that possible? maybe from the advancedsetting.xml or some other *.xml file?

thank you

Not the right place as this has nothing to do with Estuary.

There's no support in advancedsettings.xml for volume steps, and it's not possible to set a lower step value without editing the settings.xml/appliance.xml (which, in the case of LibreELEC, will require a custom build).

Raise a Feature Request giving a reason why a step limit less than 10 is needed.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Vimes - 2016-05-24

(2016-05-22, 22:55)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-22, 12:48)Vimes Wrote: BTW It is nice to see better integration of the LibreElec settings menu within the Estuary skin. But is there anyway of resolving the truncated / squashed text when you read the "about" screen...? Always been like that in OpenElec as well, but fixed if using the Estuary Mod skin.

Yes it's on the list to be fixed - this is a LibreELEC (and not Estuary) issue.

Thanks for that Smile

The bit about the weather settings might need to be posted here though.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - ste976 - 2016-05-24

(2016-05-23, 23:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 17:50)ste976 Wrote: hi, i am using estuary with rpi3/libreelec. very nice.

thank you

Not the right place as this has nothing to do with Estuary.

There's no support in advancedsettings.xml for volume steps, and it's not possible to set a lower step value without editing the settings.xml/appliance.xml (which, in the case of LibreELEC, will require a custom build).

Raise a Feature Request giving a reason why a step limit less than 10 is needed.

thanks!
posted a request on the right place.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=276202

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - scott967 - 2016-05-25

Looking at the music library when a "roles" node is opened, the window title is set as
Code:
Music / Artists
I suppose based on container.content but this is kind of misleading. Seems it would be better
Code:
Music / Conductors
for example. Also at the risk of being accused of bikeshedding, I think "Orchestra" should be replaced by a more general term such as "Ensemble", for example it could be a choir.

scott s.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - btdesigns - 2016-05-30

It is a classic, testing is great so far

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - Klaus1189 - 2016-06-01

I just downloaded Kodi nightly from today: 01.06.2016 called:
KodiSetup-20160531-1e56320-master.exe 90M 01-Jun-2016 03:54

The automatic refresh rate change is done, but the feature "pause playback during refresh rate change" still does not work in this nightly like it should like in 16.1 Final

Is that a known issue?

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - zbuzanic - 2016-06-01

It's impossible to download subtitles with mouse, when I click subtitles menu appears but when I try to move the mouse to menu and click download menu dissapers. Also on 4:3 screen there are lots of wrong positioning and things look weird Smile

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - voochi - 2016-06-02

The TV show view options are very poorly thought out. Look at this list view:

I am in the episode selection screen and yet 1/3 of the screen is taken up with the series poster. If I have already navigated to TV Shows > Series > Season X > Episode selection why would I want to see a giant poster for the series itself? It is a waste of precious screen space. I already know the series because I clicked into it, now I am navigating the episodes and it would be a better use of screen space to show a larger episode thumbnail and/or larger episode plot.

RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - scott967 - 2016-06-03

(2016-06-02, 20:58)voochi Wrote: The TV show view options are very poorly thought out.

Well I see a similar view style in other skins, so I have to assume there are users who like it.

scott s.