Kodi Community Forum
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback (/showthread.php?tid=266316)

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Aphykit2006 - 2021-03-03

Ok, mine is 1903. 
Intel i7 8565U
I'm lucky.😊
But it's possible to dl old legal version of w10.
Search : install an older version of windows 10 (inside microsoft community )
For 3d the only real need is hdmi 1.4.
Regards

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2021-03-23

For the past week and a half I have been working on adapting the MVC support in the new libbluray which is used in Kodi 19 Matrix. The APIs have changed drastically and it requires a brand new implementation for MVC support in Kodi side. Anyway, still work in progress...

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - DoomSlayer69 - 2021-03-29

Hey guys, I am here to ask if my current laptop supports 3D MVC playback and if yes how

My Laptop:
Asus K54C
Manjaro Linux OS
Intel Celeron B815
Intel HD Graphics 2000 (SNB GT1)
4GB OF RAM

My TV: 55" LG 55LM7600
1080p 3D 

Thanks!

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Aphykit2006 - 2021-03-29

Hi
I don't know but i don't think so.
May be you can read this post :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - hdmkv - 2021-03-29

Under Windows 8/10, it may be able to do 3D?

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - p750mmx - 2021-03-29

(2021-03-29, 18:42)DoomSlayer69 Wrote: Hey guys, I am here to ask if my current laptop supports 3D MVC playback and if yes how

My Laptop:
Asus K54C
Manjaro Linux OS
Intel Celeron B815
Intel HD Graphics 2000 (SNB GT1)
4GB OF RAM

My TV: 55" LG 55LM7600
1080p 3D 

Thanks!
Well, it's a bit confusing.

The CPU specs say's that the GPU doesn't support 3D: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/63919/intel-celeron-processor-b815-2m-cache-1-60-ghz.html
The Intel HD Graphics 2000 specs says it does, but this info below says you have the simple version of the GT1 and that one doesn't support it.

while GT1 chips come with HD Graphics 2000. There's a less featured version of GT1 that's simply called Intel HD Graphics as well and it's found in Sandy Bridge Pentium & Celeron CPUs.

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Damien1412 - 2021-04-02

(2021-03-23, 12:12)damagedspline Wrote: For the past week and a half I have been working on adapting the MVC support in the new libbluray which is used in Kodi 19 Matrix. The APIs have changed drastically and it requires a brand new implementation for MVC support in Kodi side. Anyway, still work in progress...

Thanks for all your work damagedspline to keep the MVC support up to date. What is your estimation... are the chances high that there will be a Kodi 19 MVC version any time soon or is it too much work and it will probably take several month or even longer?

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2021-04-06

(2021-04-02, 11:16)Damien1412 Wrote:
(2021-03-23, 12:12)damagedspline Wrote: For the past week and a half I have been working on adapting the MVC support in the new libbluray which is used in Kodi 19 Matrix. The APIs have changed drastically and it requires a brand new implementation for MVC support in Kodi side. Anyway, still work in progress...

Thanks for all your work damagedspline to keep the MVC support up to date. What is your estimation... are the chances high that there will be a Kodi 19 MVC version any time soon or is it too much work and it will probably take several month or even longer?

This is now a holiday season here so probably around a month...

Update: OK, after some thinking I decided to downgrade libbluray back to 1.0.2 so you should expect a release in the coming week or so

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Krobar - 2021-04-10

(2021-04-06, 09:32)damagedspline Wrote: This is now a holiday season here so probably around a month...

Update: OK, after some thinking I decided to downgrade libbluray back to 1.0.2 so you should expect a release in the coming week or so

Can I make a cheeky request. Smile Alot of newer Windows versions require 3D in display properties to be switched on and off by the app because enabling 3D pushes the display to 3D mode permanently.  Could you add an option to do this?

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Morpog - 2021-04-11

(2021-04-10, 11:27)Krobar Wrote: Can I make a cheeky request. Smile Alot of newer Windows versions require 3D in display properties to be switched on and off by the app because enabling 3D pushes the display to 3D mode permanently.  Could you add an option to do this?

This is an awesome idea!

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2021-04-11

@hdmkv did you encounter such a scenario in the past where MVC worked flawless in debug, but failed to work in release? Before each build I perform git clean so both builds start on a clean workarea. I tried to compare the logs but besides thread id and timestamp it seems the same...

(2021-04-10, 11:27)Krobar Wrote: Can I make a cheeky request. Smile Alot of newer Windows versions require 3D in display properties to be switched on and off by the app because enabling 3D pushes the display to 3D mode permanently.  Could you add an option to do this?

Lets first start by getting it to work Smile
I want to do something else first like propagating the bluray title from metadata to allow auto download of external subtitles.

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2021-05-16

Back to having some Windows/Intel issues again. The SSD of my buddy's machine decided to die and after replacing it and re-installing everything it of course has the most recent version of Windows 10. I've used the Intel graphics driver update to pull all the relevant updated drivers and after all of that I get not option within Windows to set the display to 1920x1080 3D. Do I need to find the older Windows version and have that installed and then stop all further updates to more recent versions? 1803 I believe was the last "working" version before Windows mucked things up if I recall. And any clue where to get these older versions?

I really needed to get a full system backup and storage it externally for situations like this.

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - Aphykit2006 - 2021-05-16

Hi
Try https://archive.org/details/windows-1809

And search stopupdate10
For backup,  i use Acronis
Regards

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - K0D1User1138 - 2021-05-16

(2021-05-16, 12:00)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Try https://archive.org/details/windows-1809

And search stopupdate10
For backup,  i use Acronis
Regards

Thanks for the tips. After posting last night I did some more digging and found a process using Rufus to download and create a bootable USB from previous Windows versions. Unfortunately I didn't have a big enough USB stick at my buddy's so I wasn't able to proceed then. I has stopupdate10 running before but like I said the SSD fried so that install was lost. Hence the strong desire to create a backup once things are working again. 

Why'd they have to go and make things complicated? 

Cheers!

RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - damagedspline - 2021-05-16

(2021-05-16, 06:06)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Back to having some Windows/Intel issues again. The SSD of my buddy's machine decided to die and after replacing it and re-installing everything it of course has the most recent version of Windows 10. I've used the Intel graphics driver update to pull all the relevant updated drivers and after all of that I get not option within Windows to set the display to 1920x1080 3D. Do I need to find the older Windows version and have that installed and then stop all further updates to more recent versions? 1803 I believe was the last "working" version before Windows mucked things up if I recall. And any clue where to get these older versions?

I really needed to get a full system backup and storage it externally for situations like this.
I had the exact same issue until last week. I tried multiple things (nuc hdmi fw update, driver downgrades and upgrades, etc...) and at some point it was resolved. I am using windows 10 latest fixpack. Same applied to a CoffeLake NUC and Haswel laptop. My 10th Gen laptop refuse 3D at any configuration, at least with all I tried so far. What HW configuration does your friend use?

On another note - Kodi MVC v19(.1) development status: all of my previous runtime issues have been resolved after I updated the libmfx dispatcher to its latest release (1.34) and refitted the code. 3D is recognised, projector is switching to frame packing, but both eyes receive the exact same image. I think I have a lead and I will continue investigation during the upcoming week.