Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued) (/showthread.php?tid=267268)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - axlt2002 - 2016-06-13

(2016-06-13, 17:32)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-13, 17:25)axlt2002 Wrote: Can you please address me where I can setup the background? I suppose is an option related to Mimic.

In the screenshot you posted earlier, there is a gear icon at the right end of the player controls. Click that for the music viz settings.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ouch...just overlooked at it!!! Thanks!!!

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - soupboy - 2016-06-18

This is just a minor thing I noticed today while playing around with the skin.

When selecting View options you can only select which art goes with the option from the initial page.

eg. When opening TV Shows and selecting View options I can change the art for the "Panel" option to Fanart/Landscape/Logo. If I then follow through to Seasons or Episodes the "Art" Option is no longer available. If you back out to TV Shows you can adjust it and it applies your choice down the line.

Also another thing is there an option to lock the view styles for a section? I was using an addon in programs last night and it defaulted to the Gallery View style. Every time I moved it back to List and then I would click through to another section and it would go back to Gallery. Quiting out of the Add on and re-entering it stayed on List till I chose something else then went back to Gallery.

Lastly, this only just started happening last night but whenever I pause/buffer a video I end up with a big grey bar on the left hand side. Whenever I unpause it fixes itself again. Definately something with the OSD but not sure whats causing it. I've updated to the version stored on the Kodi repository and also uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same issue. When Then screen times out and goes dim I can see through the bar.

Last note on this is that I installed Mimic for Kodi 18 and there is no more grey bars. (Am missing being able to display submenus for the horizonal mode but I understand the need to simplify)

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-06-18

(2016-06-18, 02:37)soupboy Wrote: This is just a minor thing I noticed today while playing around with the skin.

When selecting View options you can only select which art goes with the option from the initial page.

eg. When opening TV Shows and selecting View options I can change the art for the "Panel" option to Fanart/Landscape/Logo. If I then follow through to Seasons or Episodes the "Art" Option is no longer available. If you back out to TV Shows you can adjust it and it applies your choice down the line.

Also another thing is there an option to lock the view styles for a section? I was using an addon in programs last night and it defaulted to the Gallery View style. Every time I moved it back to List and then I would click through to another section and it would go back to Gallery. Quiting out of the Add on and re-entering it stayed on List till I chose something else then went back to Gallery.

Lastly, this only just started happening last night but whenever I pause/buffer a video I end up with a big grey bar on the left hand side. Whenever I unpause it fixes itself again. Definately something with the OSD but not sure whats causing it. I've updated to the version stored on the Kodi repository and also uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same issue. When Then screen times out and goes dim I can see through the bar.

Last note on this is that I installed Mimic for Kodi 18 and there is no more grey bars. (Am missing being able to display submenus for the horizonal mode but I understand the need to simplify)
Viewing episodes using Panel view should always display the episode thumb, that's why there isn't an option to change it. Will have to check seasons. Update: Panel view isn't even available at the season level.

Kodi remembers the viewtypes, this isn't controlled by the skin. A video addon can force a particular view though, you might try contacting the addon author.

The issue with the grey bar was fixed on github quite a while ago, I just need to submit the latest version to the Kodi repo.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - mrstjohn07 - 2016-06-24

How do I clear the cache. I did search before I asked.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-06-24

(2016-06-24, 06:18)mrstjohn07 Wrote: How do I clear the cache. I did search before I asked.
What cache? Doesn't sound skin related...

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - mrstjohn07 - 2016-06-24

(2016-06-24, 07:41)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-24, 06:18)mrstjohn07 Wrote: How do I clear the cache. I did search before I asked.
What cache? Doesn't sound skin related...

The video cache.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - axlt2002 - 2016-07-04

Hi braz!

I'm actually using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 with the related latest version of Mimic (3.4.1) . If I save the skin settings, are these working if loaded in Mimic (4.0.3) for Kodi Krypton? I'm planning to switch to the new version of Kodi but I would like to avoid to setup again completely the skin from the scratch.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ciao!

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-07-04

(2016-07-04, 13:22)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz!

I'm actually using Kodi Jarvis 16.1 with the related latest version of Mimic (3.4.1) . If I save the skin settings, are these working if loaded in Mimic (4.0.3) for Kodi Krypton? I'm planning to switch to the new version of Kodi but I would like to avoid to setup again completely the skin from the scratch.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ciao!
Just took a look at the changelog, it *should* work to upgrade and keep your skin settings. FYI, the version of Mimic I've started working on for Kodi 18 makes significant changes to skin settings, so recommend starting from scratch when it comes time to make that upgrade.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - Blurayx - 2016-07-04

I have installed mimic with vertical menu. How do I move or delete the menus in the settings

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-07-04

(2016-07-04, 19:58)Blurayx Wrote: I have installed mimic with vertical menu. How do I move or delete the menus in the settings
Add/delete etc have been moved to the context menu. Focus on a menu item in the customizer and press "c".

Sent from my Nexus 6

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - Blurayx - 2016-07-05

(2016-07-04, 20:40)braz Wrote:
(2016-07-04, 19:58)Blurayx Wrote: I have installed mimic with vertical menu. How do I move or delete the menus in the settings
Add/delete etc have been moved to the context menu. Focus on a menu item in the customizer and press "c".

Sent from my Nexus 6

Thank you Smile

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - axlt2002 - 2016-07-05

(2016-07-04, 17:24)braz Wrote:
(2016-07-04, 13:22)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz!

Thanks for any feedback.

Ciao!
Just took a look at the changelog, it *should* work to upgrade and keep your skin settings. FYI, the version of Mimic I've started working on for Kodi 18 makes significant changes to skin settings, so recommend starting from scratch when it comes time to make that upgrade.

Thanks braz for your feedback!

Well, I think that the time for Kodi 18 is still quite far! Wink I will try to import the Mimic settings from Kodi 16 to Kodi 17 and let you know.

Have a great day!

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - bite_your_idols - 2016-07-16

Sent from my Nexus 6

That is not working for me... Using libreelec 8 alpha in Raspberry Pi.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-07-16

(2016-07-16, 08:39)bite_your_idols Wrote:

Sent from my Nexus 6

That is not working for me... Using libreelec 8 alpha in Raspberry Pi.
Try manually installing the latest script.skinshortcuts from github, it works.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - bite_your_idols - 2016-07-16

It works!
Thanks for this awasome skin.