Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued) (/showthread.php?tid=267268)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - hidalgo67 - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-17, 18:58)blazer380 Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 03:33)braz Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 14:08)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi braz,

I have just installed the version 4.0.4 of the skin. It seems impossible to enter the Library section under the Settings...all the other sections are working fine. Can you please check?

In addition to that, I signal also the following overlap issue in the home screen:

http://imgur.com/itEAtqY

Thanks!
That's because Library settings is now Media settings, I just need to update the skin to be compatible with the latest nightlies.

Update: Ok, it's now fixed on github.

I have this issue even after installing the latest zip from github. Kodi Krypton Alpha 3 on Nvidia Shield TV.

Same here with Kodi Krypton Beta on Windows 10

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - Screech - 2016-08-24

Enter library settings problem here too using latest Milhouse's Libreelec builds with latest Mimic from gituhub.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 13:35)Screech Wrote: Enter library settings problem here too using latest Milhouse's Libreelec builds with latest Mimic from gituhub.
Like I said, this was fixed 19 days ago on github. There are no "library" settings anymore, it's now called media settings. So if you're seeing library settings you're not using the latest from github.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/1d963674c6c01c843737a6e2d09c91147defd86a

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - rkkeller - 2016-08-24

I have a question I can't figure out. I have made my own setup using Mimic in Kodi 16.1, custom menus all taking weeks and many hours and hours
done by me for only me.

I have this backed up with adbfire to my computer and when I try to restore this to Kodi 17, it either locks up trying to build the menus or I get partial screens.

How can I restore a backup with Mimic done in 16.1 that is usable in 17Huh? I can not get to where I can install the new Mimic skin for 17 after I restored.

Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 19:01)rkkeller Wrote: I have a question I can't figure out. I have made my own setup using Mimic in Kodi 16.1, custom menus all taking weeks and many hours and hours
done by me for only me.

I have this backed up with adbfire to my computer and when I try to restore this to Kodi 17, it either locks up trying to build the menus or I get partial screens.

How can I restore a backup with Mimic done in 16.1 that is usable in 17Huh? I can not get to where I can install the new Mimic skin for 17 after I restored.

Several things to consider...

The location for skin settings changed in Kodi 17, they are now in the skin's settings.xml.

Will have to check, but I think I changed the the backup function in mimic 4 from the toolbox script to skin helper service.

So you can try to import your backup using the toolbox script's interface (run it from programs). I haven't tested it though, and don't recommend importing settings from prior versions if you can help it. There are a lot of skin settings that change between versions.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - rkkeller - 2016-08-24

Thanks for the quick response. I managed to get my setup into 17, by deleting the skin.mimic from 16.1 before restoring it and adding Mimic back in 17.

Now it looks normal and the menus look complete, but nothing will work. I can even go in and add to the menu in Mimic for 17
and nothing will work from the menus. The only way to run any addons is from the big master addon list.

I will keep trying as I hate to lose weeks of work starting from scratch.

Thanks again.

Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-24

(2016-08-24, 20:24)rkkeller Wrote: Thanks for the quick response. I managed to get my setup into 17, by deleting the skin.mimic from 16.1 before restoring it and adding Mimic back in 17.

Now it looks normal and the menus look complete, but nothing will work. I can even go in and add to the menu in Mimic for 17
and nothing will work from the menus. The only way to run any addons is from the big master addon list.

I will keep trying as I hate to lose weeks of work starting from scratch.

Thanks again.

For now, you'll need to manually install the latest script.skinshortcuts from github. The add/delete options for the menu customizer have been moved to a context menu.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - rkkeller - 2016-08-25

Hi, I really appreciate all the quick responses, but sad to say I went back to 16.1 for now.

I spent hours yesterday and still could not get a lot to work and I even started from scratch reinstalling things one by one.

I will try again on 17 maybe once the final release, I still use and LOVE Mimic on 16.1, the only skin I will use. :>

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - mark_dj - 2016-08-25

Hi,

I'm unable to find the way to change the size of the subtitles with the latest version? It got reset somehow when I changed skins earlier today and I can't seem to find this setting anymore?

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - edd-- - 2016-08-25

hi,

thanks for all your work, I have been a mimic user for some time now.

What I can't seem to get working is the playlist backgrounds. I have a playlist: kids that I try to pin to the home menu (which works) and I set the background to playlist (kids), this used to work but in 4.0.4 it doesn't on krypton.

I tried with random movie or tv fanart and that DOES work ... any idea what could be wrong here ?

thank you,

edd--

Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-25

(2016-08-25, 17:32)mark_dj Wrote: Hi,

I'm unable to find the way to change the size of the subtitles with the latest version? It got reset somehow when I changed skins earlier today and I can't seem to find this setting anymore?

Doesn't sound like a skin issue, I'll check to see where kodi's subtitle settings are now.

Sent from my iPhone

Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-25

(2016-08-25, 19:50)edd-- Wrote: hi,

thanks for all your work, I have been a mimic user for some time now.

What I can't seem to get working is the playlist backgrounds. I have a playlist: kids that I try to pin to the home menu (which works) and I set the background to playlist (kids), this used to work but in 4.0.4 it doesn't on krypton.

I tried with random movie or tv fanart and that DOES work ... any idea what could be wrong here ?

thank you,

edd--

Will have to test, I haven't tried the playlist backgrounds in a long time.

Update: Pushed a fix for playlist backgrounds to github, will be in next release.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - mark_dj - 2016-08-25

(2016-08-25, 20:32)braz Wrote:

Doesn't sound like a skin issue, I'll check to see where kodi's subtitle settings are now.

Sent from my iPhone

If you could that would be great Smile I haven't been able to figure it out.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - braz - 2016-08-26

(2016-08-25, 21:53)mark_dj Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 20:32)braz Wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

I couldn't find the subtitle settings anymore either. They used to be in Settings > Video > Subtitles, but the settings window has since been reconfigured. All I could find is where you can change the position of subtitles in video calibration.

RE: Mimic 4.x for Krypton - mark_dj - 2016-08-26

(2016-08-26, 05:29)braz Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 21:53)mark_dj Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 20:32)braz Wrote: Doesn't sound like a skin issue, I'll check to see where kodi's subtitle settings are now.

Sent from my iPhone

I couldn't find the subtitle settings anymore either. They used to be in Settings > Video > Subtitles, but the settings window has since been reconfigured. All I could find is where you can change the position of subtitles in video calibration.

I was finally able to find them by setting it to Expert level and then temporarily switching to the Estuary skin. No idea why it's set under Expert, but well it's fixed now. In case you want to add/change it for your skin (Settings -> Player -> Language) Smile