Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - GuiZ - 2021-04-16

Hi,

@Wintermute0110  Do you have any idea when AEL for Matrix will be ready?
I guess it's a lot of work. Just to know when I could update Kodi. I can't live without AEL  Tongue

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-04-21

(2021-03-14, 04:59)misterright1 Wrote: in Advanced Launcher there was an option to add plot/info to launchers by linking a txt file. is that feature in Advanced Emulator Launcher? if it isn't I suggest it be added.

Than option has been deprecated/removed and never will come back. You can use a Launcher XML NFO file or a Launcher XML configuration file to add the plot metadata (and the rest of the metadata as well). Note that an NFO file which only has the <plot> tag is perfectly valid.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-04-21

(2021-04-16, 15:26)GuiZ Wrote: Hi,

@Wintermute0110  Do you have any idea when AEL for Matrix will be ready?
I guess it's a lot of work. Just to know when I could update Kodi. I can't live without AEL  Tongue

The answer is it will be ready when it will be ready. I am really sorry but currently I am in a very complicated stage of my life, with little to no free time to develop the addons. I am aware of the problem and I will try to release a new version ASAP. ASAP can mean weeks or months, I don't know.

Alternatively, in Github some users are making unofficial conversion of AEL to Pyhton 3. You can try one of those at your own risk. Just make sure you make a backup of the AEL data directory in Kodi Leia before the upgrading. If interested look into the "Issues" and "Pull requests" tabs.

Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - GuiZ - 2021-04-21

Thanx for the answers.
Don’t be sorry, you don’t owe us anything. Take the time you need.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Xervils - 2021-04-21

I've been searching through this thread and various other places and haven't been able to figure out an answer to an issue I'm having: Is there a way to make AEL rescan all configured launchers instead of having to do it individually on each's context menu (Kind of like how you can refresh the Video and Music libraries)? None of the functions in Utilities seem to do it. Am I missing something?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-04-22

(2021-04-21, 23:40)Xervils Wrote: I've been searching through this thread and various other places and haven't been able to figure out an answer to an issue I'm having: Is there a way to make AEL rescan all configured launchers instead of having to do it individually on each's context menu (Kind of like how you can refresh the Video and Music libraries)? None of the functions in Utilities seem to do it. Am I missing something?

Currently you have to go launcher by launcher. The Utilities were created as a place to put "batch operations" and I think it could be a good idea to include that option in a future release. I will put it in the TODO list.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - ninjafuchs - 2021-05-08

Hi guys!

I am using this addon to launch steam in big picture mode. Which works well as a standalone launcher.
But my internet connection is slow so I have to download the updates regulary. For that I minimize steam and can use kodi.
If I want to open steam again. AEL tells me that an instance is already running. And I should first exit it.
Is there an option to let AEL show me the running launcher again?
This would make my setup whole. For now I connect via ssh stop the launcher and open it again. Which is a bummer.

I hope somebody has a solution to my problem
kind regards
ninja

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - GriffeyJuni0r - 2021-05-11

I'm upgrading from Advanced Launcher, and had a quick question - Is it possible to create a launcher for an item from 'Kodi Favorites' (or hardcode in the Kodi command like PlayMedia, ActivateWindow, ect.)?

For instance, this used to work in Advanced Launcher when creating a new launcher from Kodi Favorites:
            <application>xbmc-fav-a6a0a5e677be061b17c7bb4169f040e2</application>
            <args>ActivateWindow(10821,"plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game_list/list_all/Dreamcast_Downloaded/1",return)</args>

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-05-12

(2021-05-11, 22:44)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm upgrading from Advanced Launcher, and had a quick question - Is it possible to create a launcher for an item from 'Kodi Favorites' (or hardcode in the Kodi command like PlayMedia, ActivateWindow, ect.)?

For instance, this used to work in Advanced Launcher when creating a new launcher from Kodi Favorites:
            <args>ActivateWindow(10821,"plugin://plugin.program.iagl/game_list/list_all/Dreamcast_Downloaded/1",return)</args>

Currently it is not possible. Actually I have been looking at old AL code here and the feature you mention is not there. Are you using a standard version of AL?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-05-12

(2021-05-08, 16:56)ninjafuchs Wrote: Hi guys!

I am using this addon to launch steam in big picture mode. Which works well as a standalone launcher.
But my internet connection is slow so I have to download the updates regulary. For that I minimize steam and can use kodi.
If I want to open steam again. AEL tells me that an instance is already running. And I should first exit it.
Is there an option to let AEL show me the running launcher again?
This would make my setup whole. For now I connect via ssh stop the launcher and open it again. Which is a bummer.

You must close the launcher application before launching another one. You can disable this behavior if you open the Launcher context menu, then go to Advanced Modifications and toggle option Non-blocking launcher.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - GriffeyJuni0r - 2021-05-12

(2021-05-12, 13:44)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 22:44)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm upgrading from Advanced Launcher, and had a quick question - Is it possible to create a launcher for an item from 'Kodi Favorites' (or hardcode in the Kodi command like PlayMedia, ActivateWindow, ect.)?

Currently it is not possible. Actually I have been looking at old AL code here and the feature you mention is not there. Are you using a standard version of AL?

Yeah it's 2.5.8 from Angelscry's old repo. The feature shows up when you Add Launcher (actually spelled 'Favourites', my bad): https://imgur.com/a/TKHiiRT, and it looks like it's the same as in the AL code you linked (line 2702):
https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/blob/master/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py#L2702

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - reTokyo - 2021-05-14

I am trying to use AEL on MacOS Big Sure, cold anybody share arguments for RetroArch, or lies the problem somewhere else?

Log

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - ninjafuchs - 2021-05-15

Thank you very much for your help @Wintermute0110. This addon rocks and I am just scratching on the surface. Will dive deeper in the future!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2021-05-31

New AEL beta for Kodi Matrix

I finished the port of the addon to Python 3 and this means it works now in Kodi Matrix. The Kodi Matrix version is in Github in branch branch release-0.10.x-python3. This beta version will be released as 0.10.0. The updated Python 2 version for Kodi Krypton and Kodi Leia is on branch release-0.9.x-python2. This will be released as version 0.9.10.

Compared with current stable release 0.9.9 there are no significant new features. However, I did a lot of small improvements here and there. I have tested it as much as possible but if you could do further testing it would be appreciated. If you find a bug please report here or create a new issue on Github.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sysyphus666 - 2021-06-02

(2021-05-31, 14:05)Wintermute0110 Wrote: New AEL beta for Kodi Matrix

I finished the port of the addon to Python 3 and this means it works now in Kodi Matrix. The Kodi Matrix version is in Github in branch branch release-0.10.x-python3. This beta version will be released as 0.10.0. The updated Python 2 version for Kodi Krypton and Kodi Leia is on branch release-0.9.x-python2. This will be released as version 0.9.10.

Compared with current stable release 0.9.9 there are no significant new features. However, I did a lot of small improvements here and there. I have tested it as much as possible but if you could do further testing it would be appreciated. If you find a bug please report here or create a new issue on Github.

Hello,
thank you for the great work.

I have tried the new version for Kodi Matrix and I have a bug : when I launch a game an error message appear notifying me that an error occurred. It's a fresh install of AEL and my launcher is a windows .lnk launcher. You will find my kodi log here. It seems that the error is :
Error Contents: bytes args is not allowed on WindowsPlease don not hesitate if I can help you more.

Thank you