Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - R.O.H.3000 - 2017-04-04

Thank you! I will have a look. Would be awesome to have Quantum Break and the Last of Us side by side Wink

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - alister667 - 2017-04-04

I just wanted to express my thanks Wintermute0110.
I haven't got the scraper doing quite what I'd like yet, but for the most part I am able to play most of the games I want on the same device (Pi2) I play my music and videos on. Having spent a couple of months having a battle of wills with Advanced Launcher (and losing), AEL relatively works like a charm. Many thanks, keep up the great work.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Kipawa - 2017-04-04

Hi !

I ask on Aeon MQ7 subforum if it was planned to make a view for AEL and is not (http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-3426-post-28444.html).

So, I give 50€ (with Paypal) any people or team make an nice visual interface (like Rufoo's work) for Advanced Emulator Launcher on Aeon MQ7.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - chrisism - 2017-04-04

(2017-04-04, 20:11)Kipawa Wrote: Hi !

I ask on Aeon MQ7 subforum if it was planned to make a view for AEL and is not (http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-3426-post-28444.html).

So, I give 50€ (with Paypal) any people or team make an nice visual interface (like Rufoo's work) for Advanced Emulator Launcher on Aeon MQ7.

Why dont just wait on Rufoo's work? Wink

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Kipawa - 2017-04-05

(2017-04-04, 21:55)chrisism Wrote: Why dont just wait on Rufoo's work? Wink

I thinks Rufoo have lot of work and he don't have time for Aeon MQ7...

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - terpsarlington - 2017-04-08

Whenever i use AEL to launch WII u games, especially Super Mario 3d World, I get tearing. If i turn vsync on tearing goes away but the game is slow. If i launch the game from windows desktop using the same shortcut link there is no tearing and i get full full 60 FPS. anyone know. i have tried the emulator method and the app method.

thanks in advance.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Roxxas21 - 2017-04-09

(2017-04-08, 03:47)terpsarlington Wrote: Whenever i use AEL to launch WII u games, especially Super Mario 3d World, I get tearing. If i turn vsync on tearing goes away but the game is slow. If i launch the game from windows desktop using the same shortcut link there is no tearing and i get full full 60 FPS. anyone know. i have tried the emulator method and the app method.

thanks in advance.

Try using Rivatuner to lock your cemu to 60 fps instead of using vsync, and report back!

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - terpsarlington - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-09, 05:19)Roxxas21 Wrote: Try using Rivatuner to lock your cemu to 60 fps instead of using vsync, and report back!

Thanks. Actually I figured out that it was my hdmi cable. once i got a new cable. i was able to set my display to 4IK @ 60hz, instead of 30hz, and that solved all the issues.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - terpsarlington - 2017-04-15

Whenever i save a ROM to the favourites, the thumbnail doesnot show up. I just see a "star". How can i assign a thumbnail to the favourites.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-15, 03:38)terpsarlington Wrote: Whenever i save a ROM to the favourites, the thumbnail doesnot show up. I just see a "star". How can i assign a thumbnail to the favourites.

Favourite ROMs inherit all the metadata and assets from the parent ROMs. However, sometimes it may happen the following: you set the artwork for the parent. Then, Kodi stores this artwork into his internal image cache. Then, you delete the artwork files but Kodi still shows them up as they are in the Kodi cache. If you create the Favourite ROM at this point then the Favourite ROM artwork won't show up.

In order to test this supposition using the context menu edit the artwork of the Favourite ROM. You should be able to see wheter you have the artwork or not. If you see something that looks like a filename but not image then you have deleted the artwork piece that was in AELs database. Also, in the context menu of the favourite ROM go to "View", then "View Favourite ROM data" to see the Favourite ROM database content. Check that all artwork is all right.

If the problem persists then please post a debug log following the instructions in the first post.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - terpsarlington - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-15, 11:15)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Favourite ROMs inherit all the metadata and assets from the parent ROMs. However, sometimes it may happen the following: you set the artwork for the parent. Then, Kodi stores this artwork into his internal image cache. Then, you delete the artwork files but Kodi still shows them up as they are in the Kodi cache. If you create the Favourite ROM at this point then the Favourite ROM artwork won't show up.

In order to test this supposition using the context menu edit the artwork of the Favourite ROM. You should be able to see wheter you have the artwork or not. If you see something that looks like a filename but not image then you have deleted the artwork piece that was in AELs database. Also, in the context menu of the favourite ROM go to "View", then "View Favourite ROM data" to see the Favourite ROM database content. Check that all artwork is all right.

If the problem persists then please post a debug log following the instructions in the first post.

sorry I should have explained better. This is for the main Kodi "Favourites" not Favourites ROM in AEL. i am manually able to go into favourites.xml under user data and assign an artwork. When i use to use advanced launcher by angelscry the artwork would show up under favourites.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 01:56)terpsarlington Wrote: sorry I should have explained better. This is for the main Kodi "Favourites" not Favourites ROM in AEL. i am manually able to go into favourites.xml under user data and assign an artwork. When i use to use advanced launcher by angelscry the artwork would show up under favourites.

OK, I have to look into this issue further.

Advanced Launcher only used Icon and Fanart which is what Kodi favourites support so yes, there should be no problem displaying them. AEL supports much more artwork... so I'm not sure yet how Kodi deals with this until I do a few tests myself.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - myghalloween - 2017-04-18

Hello Wintermute,

What is "nplayers" in ROM metadata edit ? I enter a number for each ROM but I don't know how to exploit it...
I've seen in C:\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\ a folder named db_nplayers but nothing in...

Thx for your great job

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - atsumori - 2017-04-20

myghalloween>
I'm pretty sure nplayers is the number of player supported by that game. If so, you can use it to filter for say games that support four people if you're having a party.

Wintermute> Are the external site scrapers supposed to be working? I can't seem to get anything (gamefaqs,gamesdb) to give me search results.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2017-04-20

(2017-04-20, 02:02)atsumori Wrote: myghalloween>
I'm pretty sure nplayers is the number of player supported by that game. If so, you can use it to filter for say games that support four people if you're having a party.

That is correct. nplayers is the number of players the ROM supports. NPlayers can have values like 1P, 2P sim (2 players simultaneously), 2P alt (2 players alternating) and so on. The scrapers (including the offline scraper) have not been updated yet to fill in nplayers. Until I fix this the only way to update nplayers field is from the ROM context menu, Edit ROM --> Edit Metadata.

(2017-04-20, 02:02)atsumori Wrote: Wintermute> Are the external site scrapers supposed to be working? I can't seem to get anything (gamefaqs,gamesdb) to give me search results.

I have not tested those scrapers in a while, I mostly use MobyGames myself. The last time I tested TheGamesDB, over a month ago, it was very sloooow (at lest from Japan). Currently I'm very busy with real life and other launcher project (named Advanced DOOM Launcher, hehehe) but I hope during the Golden Week I can spare some time for AEL. Also, I have not forgotten about your long report and an answer is still pending Wink