Kodi Community Forum
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=287826)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-18

(2018-01-17, 14:52)CaioLopes Wrote: Hi, just want to say that I'm loving AEL. I have only two questions:

1- It is possible to change the default action of clicking in a launcher/ROM from launching to showing the Info overlay? Like... can edit some code to change the Action(Click) to Action(I) or something like that?

I'm afraid it is not possible. I mean, technically it is possible but it will require a lot changes in AEL code in order to behave in a non-standard way.

(2018-01-17, 14:52)CaioLopes Wrote: 2- It is possible to create another Launcher inside a launcher? (I have a .lnk library and I wonder if I can create another one inside that one)

That is also not possible with the current code. Also, I do not understand why if you have an LNK launcher you would want to create a nested launcher.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-18

(2018-01-18, 01:49)dugan26 Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply. Im sorry but i didnt do a good enough job explaining. I purposely put the The HyperSpin application in windowed mode (not full screen) to show how Kodi on my test laptop never goes into windowed mode when i launch AEL. It STAYS in full screen. This was just for demonstration purposes. 

Think you can take a look at these two videos? I explain better here. 

Ideal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_DVtdLz7I

Can AEL leave Kodi in full screen at all times? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ucfTYdjGk

Many thanks in advance  

OK, if I understood the issue correctly: in you test PC Kodi always stays in full screen mode. However, in your production machine Kodi switchs to windowed mode, app is launched, and when the app is finished Kodi goes to full screen mode. You want Kodi to stay in full screen mode always. Is that correct?

First, the obvious: go to the Launcher and open the context menu, then "Edit Launcher", "Advanced Modifications", and make sure "Toggle Kodi into windowed mode" is OFF. If it is OFF and Kodi still gets into windowed mode then I will need a debug log to check the problem (you have instructions in the first post of the thread about how to produce an useful debug log).

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - dugan26 - 2018-01-19

(2018-01-18, 05:09)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 01:49)dugan26 Wrote: Thank you so much for the reply. Im sorry but i didnt do a good enough job explaining. I purposely put the The HyperSpin application in windowed mode (not full screen) to show how Kodi on my test laptop never goes into windowed mode when i launch AEL. It STAYS in full screen. This was just for demonstration purposes. 

Think you can take a look at these two videos? I explain better here. 

Ideal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_DVtdLz7I

Can AEL leave Kodi in full screen at all times? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ucfTYdjGk

Many thanks in advance  

OK, if I understood the issue correctly: in you test PC Kodi always stays in full screen mode. However, in your production machine Kodi switchs to windowed mode, app is launched, and when the app is finished Kodi goes to full screen mode. You want Kodi to stay in full screen mode always. Is that correct?

First, the obvious: go to the Launcher and open the context menu, then "Edit Launcher", "Advanced Modifications", and make sure "Toggle Kodi into windowed mode" is OFF. If it is OFF and Kodi still gets into windowed mode then I will need a debug log to check the problem (you have instructions in the first post of the thread about how to produce an useful debug log). 
Yes! Thanks! 

I do have it set to OFF and Kodi STILL goes into windowed mode. I will set up a debug log. Thanks again! GREAT APP! by far the best app in kodi.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-01-19

Hi @Wintermute0110

I'm doing a minor modifications in a certain skin to show all metadata provide by the addon. at the moment i could get correct return of year, genre, rating and developer.

My Nfo of Street Fighter II has the following tags
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Exported by AEL on 2018-01-15 10:07:07 -->
<game>
  <title>Street Fighter II</title>
  <year>1992</year>
  <genre>Fighter</genre>
  <developer>Capcom</developer>
  <nplayers>1-2 Players</nplayers>
  <esrb>ESRB - RP (Rating Pending)</esrb>
  <rating>8</rating>
  <plot>&quot;The original Street Fighter II is a famous fighting game. Players select from one of eight characters: Ryu, Ken, Blanka, E. Honda, Zangief, Chun Li, Guile and Dhalsim to do battle with. They must then use their combat strengths to defeat the other seven fighters followed by four boss characters: M. Bison, Vega, Sagat and Balrog. Each character represents a certain country and has their own reasons for wanting to win against the others.Each character contains his own selection of basic fighting techniques based on three styles of punches and three styles of kicks. The effect of each of these changes depending on the characters orientation (ducking, airborne or standing still). Street Fighter 2 made famous the &quot;&quot;button combination&quot;&quot; style of gameplay used to unleash powerful moves specific to each character. These include the ability to project fireballs, channel electricity or capture the opponent in a tight suplex.Street Fighter 2 is one of the most cloned fighting games and its effects on gameplay and fighting games specifically can not be understated. Street Fighter 2 is responsible for making popular several different elements.&quot;</plot>
</game>

$INFO[ListItem.Year] returns year (eg. 1992)
$INFO[ListItem.Genre] returns genre (eg fighter)
$INFO[ListItem.Studio] returns developer (eg Capcon)
$INFO[ListItem.Rating] returns rating value (eg 8)

But, I can't return values to nplayers and ESRB, i've tried $INFO[ListItem.Nplayers] and $INFO[ListItem.Players] but the value retrns empty, the same to ESRB $INFO[ListItem.Esrb].
This a skin dependent? 
Or the sintax is wrong? 

And I missing the publisher of games. I think both (Developer and Publisher) are inportant. If not ask too much, please consider add a publisher too.

Thanks in Advanced (emulator launcher?)

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-19

(2018-01-19, 13:51)sagrath Wrote: Hi @Wintermute0110

I'm doing a minor modifications in a certain skin to show all metadata provide by the addon. at the moment i could get correct return of year, genre, rating and developer.

$INFO[ListItem.Year] returns year (eg. 1992)
$INFO[ListItem.Genre] returns genre (eg fighter)
$INFO[ListItem.Studio] returns developer (eg Capcon)
$INFO[ListItem.Rating] returns rating value (eg 8)

But, I can't return values to nplayers and ESRB, i've tried $INFO[ListItem.Nplayers] and $INFO[ListItem.Players] but the value retrns empty, the same to ESRB $INFO[ListItem.Esrb].
This a skin dependent? 
Or the sintax is wrong? 

And I missing the publisher of games. I think both (Developer and Publisher) are inportant. If not ask too much, please consider add a publisher too.

Thanks in Advanced (emulator launcher?) 

Have a look here for the metadata infolabels.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-01-19

(2018-01-19, 13:57)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Have a look here for the metadata infolabels. 

Oh! There is!
Many thanks.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - dugan26 - 2018-01-20

Ok Ok - Please dont banish me here i swear this will be a "one time only" mistake ...

so ... My Problem is when i set it to Windowd mode OFF - Kodi completely minimizes and NEVER comes back ... This is why i put it into windowd mode ON - AND windowd mode ON works the way it is supposed to - as you seen in my video.

The problem im having is when i set it to windowd mode OFF kodi completely minimizes and never comes back

I have posted a new video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxYlDElfplE

and a dubug log here:

https://pastebin.com/tvCgq91q

I would be greatful if you can take a look at your earliest convinience.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - morangolive - 2018-01-20

Hi, I'm new with kodi and the wonderful AEL. I have some questions, when searching the metadata online it does not update the rating of the game. other thing, the little support to the AEL by the skins. I'm currently using the most complete I found [MOD] Arctic: Zephyr Plus, I wonder if it's possible to snap video where it usually goes screenshots. Thank you and congratulations.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-23

(2018-01-20, 02:38)dugan26 Wrote: Ok Ok - Please dont banish me here i swear this will be a "one time only" mistake ...

so ... My Problem is when i set it to Windowd mode OFF - Kodi completely minimizes and NEVER comes back ... This is why i put it into windowd mode ON - AND windowd mode ON works the way it is supposed to - as you seen in my video.

The problem im having is when i set it to windowd mode OFF kodi completely minimizes and never comes back

and a dubug log here:

No worries, my purpose here is to create the best possible emulator front-end for Kodi, and that includes solving all the issues that may show up Smile

OK... from what I see on the video, if AEL works OK in your test machine but not in the production machine, with exactly the same settings, then there should be something in your production machine that is making Kodi window to completely minimise. AEL has the ability to launch external programs and also to toggle Kodi into a window, but note that AEL is telling Kodi to switch from fullscreen into windowed mode, it is Kodi itself that turns into a window. The ability to minimise/maximise windows is something that depends on the platform you are using and the window manager you are using and AEL will never be able to do it.

One question: this issue of Kodi window totally minimising happens only with Hyperspin or with any launched app, in your production machine? Have you tried MAME, Retroarch, or any other emu and get the same behavior?

If you do not find what is causing the problem in the production machine you can keep the old behavior of putting Kodi into windowed mode, if that works OK. Another option is to use an utility like Cmdow and then create a BAT/CMD script to launch Hyperspin and when Hyperspin finishes then you maximise Kodi's window using Cmdow.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-23

(2018-01-20, 06:58)morangolive Wrote: Hi, I'm new with kodi and the wonderful AEL. I have some questions, when searching the metadata online it does not update the rating of the game.

Can you please tell me which scraper are you using, the platform and the name of the ROM?
(2018-01-20, 06:58)morangolive Wrote: other thing, the little support to the AEL by the skins.

Yeah... I know. For some reason, most skinners are not into emulation and they not have much incentives to develop views for AEL. Other skinners are waiting for Kodi to include a games database (a section in Kodi like "Movies", "Music", etc.) and then they will be forced to create views for games in order for the skin to fully support Kodi. Note that Leia will be able to play ROMs using Retroplayer but will not include a games database. Once Kodi gets a games database AEL will migrate from a program addon into a games addon and will be able to use the game views.

If you want your favourite skin to have AEL support, then go to that skin thread and politely ask support for AEL. If many people ask for AEL support, then the skinner will be motivated to add it (if many people use AEL and my skin supports AEL, then a lot of people will use my skin). In your request, you can claim the following: "The metadata and artwork AEL currently uses will be very similar, if not identical, to the metadata and artwork Kodi will support once the games database is included. Hence, any views for AEL may be used straight away for the new games database once Kodi ships it and your skin will be prepared for a future Kodi upgrade."
(2018-01-20, 06:58)morangolive Wrote: other thing, the little support to the AEL by the skins. I'm currently using the most complete I found [MOD] Arctic: Zephyr Plus, I wonder if it's possible to snap video where it usually goes screenshots. Thank you and congratulations.

That is something you need to ask in the Arctic Zephyr Plus support thread. Keep in mind that Kodser, the author of the mod, is not developing it any more due to lack of time. However, maybe some other user in that thread will be able to help you. Estuary AEL MOD support rendering trailers in the snap position if the trailer is available, but I know Estuary AEL MOD aesthetics are not as good as AZP.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - ZincBell - 2018-01-23

Having a problem after updating from 0.93 > 0.97, None of the games launch anymore, Had a look at launcher.log (With AEL set to debug, I think this is the right file) and there's nothing in it. When starting a game, The windows command line doesn't even show up either. Also updated to Kodi 17.6 from 16.4. Have the command line arguments changed at all?

Picture of my arguments, are they sound?
https://imgur.com/a/9UrFW

Realized that it wasn't the right log file, Here is the proper log file

https://pastebin.com/peaK0prA

EDIT Fixed it!, Just needed to put the core arguments in quotes.

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - dugan26 - 2018-01-24

(2018-01-23, 06:23)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-01-20, 02:38)dugan26 Wrote: Ok Ok - Please dont banish me here i swear this will be a "one time only" mistake ...

and a dubug log here:

No worries, my purpose here is to create the best possible emulator front-end for Kodi, and that includes solving all the issues that may show up Smile

OK... from what I see on the video, if AEL works OK in your test machine but not in the production machine, with exactly the same settings, then there should be something in your production machine that is making Kodi window to completely minimise. AEL has the ability to launch external programs and also to toggle Kodi into a window, but note that AEL is telling Kodi to switch from fullscreen into windowed mode, it is Kodi itself that turns into a window. The ability to minimise/maximise windows is something that depends on the platform you are using and the window manager you are using and AEL will never be able to do it.

One question: this issue of Kodi window totally minimising happens only with Hyperspin or with any launched app, in your production machine? Have you tried MAME, Retroarch, or any other emu and get the same behavior?

If you do not find what is causing the problem in the production machine you can keep the old behavior of putting Kodi into windowed mode, if that works OK. Another option is to use an utility like Cmdow and then create a BAT/CMD script to launch Hyperspin and when Hyperspin finishes then you maximise Kodi's window using Cmdow.  

Your the best man! 
Thank You!

Retroarch and Mame did the same thing - I added a new launcher pointed it to retroarch and retroarch launches and totally minimizes KODI - 

Were you able to take a look at that log? anything good in there?

CMDOW? so make a launcher to launch CMDOW and configure CMDOW to launch Hyperspin correct?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - sagrath - 2018-01-24

Hi @Wintermute0110 

I wanna ask you something tha i believe it's very tricky.

To use Retroarch is quite simple when we use some console emulators, the bios files go in system folder and roms files goes to another desired folder. But to use MAME cores is demanded that the bios files gos in the same rom folder (Eg. In Neo Geo games the bios named neogeo.zip goes in the rom folder with aof2.zip (Art of Fighting 2), or the rom will not launch.) The same it's happeni with same Capcom games that demand qsound.zip (bios to Q-Sound) in the same folder.

So, with this bios files in the same folder of roms, whem we add the games to launcher, we receive in the list the entries of this bios too.
Is ther some way to not include this files when add games? (all the the files has .zip in the extension)

I've already chequed the option "ignore bios files" in teh settings of the addon

Thanks in Advanced

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - dugan26 - 2018-01-25

I wanted to thank the developers for continuing the development of this product. Forgive me in advance if i use incorrect context for historical reference. The Advanced Launcher had a scraper and a pretty decent following for comics and magazines. 

I know reading a comic on your TV is not ideal, however - it makes for ridiculous eye candy and show off time when you have company over. 

Does AEL have similar features? Im looking to launch comic readers and have all the art work that you can scrape for comic books.

Is this possible with AEL? I know i can launch the comic reader - anything with scrapers?

RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - Wintermute0110 - 2018-01-28

(2018-01-24, 02:05)dugan26 Wrote: Your the best man! 
Thank You!

Retroarch and Mame did the same thing - I added a new launcher pointed it to retroarch and retroarch launches and totally minimizes KODI - 

Were you able to take a look at that log? anything good in there?

CMDOW? so make a launcher to launch CMDOW and configure CMDOW to launch Hyperspin correct?

Suppose you download CMDOW and place it in C:\CMDOW\. Then, you can use a BAT/CMD wrapper script like this:

Code:
@ECHO OFF

REM Uncomment to minimise Kodi window before launching application.
REM C:\CMDOW\CMDOW.EXE "Kodi" /MIN

REM Launch Hyperspin or any other application
C:\Hyperspin\Path\Hyperspin.exe

REM Maximise Kodi window after application finishes
C:\CMDOW\CMDOW.EXE "Kodi" /MAX

REM If Kodi does not get the focus after being maximised uncomment to force Kodi window to receive the focus
REM C:\CMDOW\CMDOW.EXE "Kodi" /ACT

If you need to pass arguments through the wrapper script search for a tutorial of BAT file programming (it is not difficult but maybe you will need some trial an error until you get the behavior you want).