Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - oksauce - 2017-08-09

Thank you for your reply Alanon..

You've put a pretty good explanation together.. i see ..

Maybe down the line... this skin is exceptional and fast... lovely animations..

Thanks again
Regards.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - PX80 - 2017-08-09

@Alanon: thanks 'dark interface' is what i was looking for! Now i like to change the color code for the 'dark interface' the grey-black'ish look doesnt suit very well. Can you give me a hint were this is hardcoded?

Question2: Also using SubMenustyle Small with text only, it appears pretty massive. Any way to reduce this [the background panel]?

Question3: Any chance to suppress the Icon for Submenu Items? Or in general have a transparent Icon?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Fojjidan - 2017-08-09

Hi there,

This skin is extremely cool, however, the auto-scrolling widgets does my head in >_<. Any way to make those fixed at the moment?

Many thanks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - PX80 - 2017-08-10

(2017-08-09, 08:46)PX80 Wrote: @Alanon: thanks 'dark interface' is what i was looking for! Now i like to change the color code for the 'dark interface' the grey-black'ish look doesnt suit very well. Can you give me a hint were this is hardcoded?

I found a better way!

skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\colors\default.xml
<color name="ObjectBackground">CC011222</color>
I have changed the Background to be close to the TitanSkin Blue Theme. Disabled "dark interface" and now i have the same 'CLEAN' Look on Eminence which i have on Titan Skin

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-08-10

(2017-08-09, 08:46)PX80 Wrote: @Alanon: thanks 'dark interface' is what i was looking for! Now i like to change the color code for the 'dark interface' the grey-black'ish look doesnt suit very well. Can you give me a hint were this is hardcoded?

Question2: Also using SubMenustyle Small with text only, it appears pretty massive. Any way to reduce this [the background panel]?

Question3: Any chance to suppress the Icon for Submenu Items? Or in general have a transparent Icon?

1. The images are the actual hardcoded colour, there's no overlay. It was extremely difficult to find some element that would work properly with the skins existing dimensions and layout. Sadly the colour diffusion settings only make sense on white or transparent images, as that's when they are accurate. For example, if you put red colour diffuse over them, it wouldn't be red, but red over black, which is god knows which colour. Your solution works, because it diffuses the default light backgrounds.

2. Neither should be massive at all? The small style only gives the room for the text and the icon, nothing else, while the large gives a bit of padding all round. I don't think it's possible to make the small one any smaller, as then it wouldn't be legible? If it's truly massive, it might be some bug?

3. There's an option to hide the icons right under the submenu setting.

(2017-08-09, 19:30)Fojjidan Wrote: Hi there,

This skin is extremely cool, however, the auto-scrolling widgets does my head in >_<. Any way to make those fixed at the moment?

Many thanks

Not at the moment, but I'll see how best to include it, if I can. Wink

With a few modification its close to the Titan Skin Blue Theme

Submenu Style: Small
Hide Submenu Icon: yes
Home Bar Style: Text Only
Home Bar Color: CC011222

Show Showcase Widgets on down: No
Allow Widget Reloading: No
Show Widget Poster: On Up | Never
Widget Tile Style: Rounded Tile
Widget Color: CC011222

Show Fan Art: Yes
Background Color: 00000000 [transparent for clear background picture] OR 5a000000 [transparent black'ish]

skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\colors\default.xml

--> https://imgur.com/gallery/d1uhD

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-08-10

(2017-08-10, 11:51)PX80 Wrote: skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\colors\default.xml

Strictly speaking, this is not ideal for a couple of reasons - that alters the default setting, which will get overridden on every skin update; and second, the default setting affects various other areas of the skin which already have customisable colours, like the tiles.

That did get me thinking, so I played around a bit, and there will be a fully selectable and customisable light panel colour selection in the next update. This will allow for you to have different colours across the settings, should you so wish, and save them in your user preferences for subsequent use.

This means that you will have the full diversity of the colour picker throughout the opacity and palette selection. Of course, this would eliminate the need for the dark interface, but I've found that it still gives a better overall look, since it still is an image file with finer looking shadows.

In the end, this might confuse users even further, but now you'll have total freedom to customise practically every colour element in the skin, from within the skin, so there's no longer a need for colour schemes beyond light and dark.

superb support! thanks.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Fojjidan - 2017-08-11

That would be fantastic! I look forward to when you include that option. Thanks for all your work. The skin really is beautiful!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - stevo629 - 2017-08-11

It would be great if we could type in the location for the background overlay image. I'd like to use a different image, and save that image within the kodi folder so it's easy to transfer my build to other devices, but I can't navigate to the .kodi folder on android because it's hidden.

Also, is there any way for me to manually set/lock the viewtype per app or even app menu? I know you can do it by general types like addons, movies, tv episodes, etc, but many addons that don't fit these types choose a viewtype that isn't preferable. I know other questions on this topic have been asked before, but wanted to see if there was a settings file that I could even manually enter the viewtype codes into for each addon.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-08-11

(2017-08-11, 20:26)stevo629 Wrote: It would be great if we could type in the location for the background overlay image. I'd like to use a different image, and save that image within the kodi folder so it's easy to transfer my build to other devices, but I can't navigate to the .kodi folder on android because it's hidden.

Also, is there any way for me to manually set/lock the viewtype per app or even app menu? I know you can do it by general types like addons, movies, tv episodes, etc, but many addons that don't fit these types choose a viewtype that isn't preferable. I know other questions on this topic have been asked before, but wanted to see if there was a settings file that I could even manually enter the viewtype codes into for each addon.

Well, it doesn't really work that way. Skins reference specific files within their resource folders (like the media folder), and the given image has to conform to the location and title. So, the way to replace a particular image resource is to place a different one in its place under its name. Here's where things get complicated. Skins also reuse files and image resources. In the case of the panel image resource (media/common/white.png), it is reused many times over in various parts of the skin, so changing it would change all of them simultaneously.

On top of that, the dimensions and settings for the image used within the skin may vary greatly depending on the view-type, so if you changed an image, you'd practically need to find or make an ideal replacement, or otherwise be prepared to modify dozens of lines of code or write completely new code to accommodate the difference in images. Also, keep in mind that choosing any other image except the existing clear white will invalidate the colour selection options, as white is their basis. Again, this is not so much a quirk of the skin as the requirement of the colour picker add-on.

As far as per add-on locking, Kodi simply doesn't provide us with that mechanic. The settings which force view-types in certain add-ons actually use the same mechanic the skin already does, which is why there is mutual bleed through - If you force a view-type within an add-on it will be mirrored in your library and you'll probably get some skin bugs, and if you do it within the skin mechanic, it will affect the add-ons.

Basically, the discrepancies you see are a consequence of poorly written add-ons. Kodi reads only what you give it, and if some images inside the add-ons are mismatched, that's because they were not defined as the right ones. That's why everything looks properly in libraries. There's absolutely no way to control this.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - stevo629 - 2017-08-11

(2017-08-11, 20:26)stevo629 Wrote: It would be great if we could type in the location for the background overlay image. I'd like to use a different image, and save that image within the kodi folder so it's easy to transfer my build to other devices, but I can't navigate to the .kodi folder on android because it's hidden.

Well, it doesn't really work that way. Skins reference specific files within their resource folders (like the media folder), and the given image has to conform to the location and title. So, the way to replace a particular image resource is to place a different one in its place under its name. Here's where things get complicated. Skins also reuse files and image resources. In the case of the panel image resource (media/common/white.png), it is reused many times over in various parts of the skin, so changing it would change all of them simultaneously.

On top of that, the dimensions and settings for the image used within the skin may vary greatly depending on the view-type, so if you changed an image, you'd practically need to find or make an ideal replacement, or otherwise be prepared to modify dozens of lines of code or write completely new code to accommodate the difference in images. Also, keep in mind that choosing any other image except the existing clear white will invalidate the colour selection options, as white is their basis. Again, this is not so much a quirk of the skin as the requirement of the colour picker add-on.

I'm sorry, perhaps I am confused what the overlay is. I essentially want to replace the home image that is the background (planets). I have done this in the past, by replacing the current home.jpg file with a new file renamed and replacing the original. However, a skin update overwrote my change, so I'm assuming there is a better, more constant way to achieve this.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-08-12

(2017-08-11, 23:54)stevo629 Wrote: I'm sorry, perhaps I am confused what the overlay is. I essentially want to replace the home image that is the background (planets). I have done this in the past, by replacing the current home.jpg file with a new file renamed and replacing the original. However, a skin update overwrote my change, so I'm assuming there is a better, more constant way to achieve this.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Aaaah! You're right. I thought you were referencing the background panels that overlay the fanart. Anyway, you can indeed change the image manually, it's located in extras/backgrounds/home.jpg in the skin folder.

Alternatively, you can use the skin setting to set a fanart fallback image, or a fanart overlay image. The first image will show up when there is no fanart available, but disappear if you have fanart backgrounds, widget fanart, etc. The second option will overlay your chosen image on the fanart image itself, using a semi-transparency effect, to sort of join them together.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - stevo629 - 2017-08-12

Right, but the home.jpg will be overwritten on skin updates, correct? I believe that happened to me in the past.

And even if I want to use a fanart fallback image, I can't house the image inside my .kodi folder because I can't navigate to that hidden folder in the browse for image option. I would need the ability to type in a file location or navigate to the location via file manager.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2017-08-12

(2017-08-12, 09:34)stevo629 Wrote: Right, but the home.jpg will be overwritten on skin updates, correct? I believe that happened to me in the past.

And even if I want to use a fanart fallback image, I can't house the image inside my .kodi folder because I can't navigate to that hidden folder in the browse for image option. I would need the ability to type in a file location or navigate to the location via file manager.

Yes, any change to the skin will be overwritten on skin update.

I don't use Kodi on an Android, but Library/General/Show hidden files and folders option should allow you access to hidden folders? Then, it would simply be a matter of defining a proper source within the file manager.