Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - MartyB95 - 2018-11-23

Thank you jdig4240!!!

That worked wonderfully!!!

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - wrp_199 - 2018-11-23

(2018-01-09, 20:54)Alanon Wrote: Here is how I have it currently: 

The settings are all there, just without the added graphics, as they won't work with the skins colour settings and options. If you chose a transparent OSD, the sliders would look bad, so a textual display is the best way to go to ensure readability for all the information. The appropriate setting should be green. This doesn't work on my demo client, but should work for real PVR users.

I don't think that I'll be able to make the info appear on channel switch, as the OSD overlays are very complicated, and break easily. There are many overlapping windows. I'll add it if I can find a reliable way, but I'm not sure if I can make it automatic. I think that adding an option to toggle the info panel off on a third click of the "i" button is easier to implement, but I'll have to check that as well.

As far as dimming goes, there's a setting which enables and disables the darkening overlay, it's called Dim Home. It seems to work alongside the OSD gradient. Enable it and you should be able to have a darker effect on signaling the info menu.
 Hello, is posible to have this view in pvr in the lastest version of your skin for krypton?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-11-24

@MrPatate The intro video feature has been in the skin since Krypton. You need to go to Extras / Splash screen and simply pick an image or video file, that will be registered as an intro.

@jdig4240 I just tested out the intro video, it plays fine for me. I tried some random gifs from the net, some static images, and one or two default animated intros from other skins. The procedure was always the same. I've also checked the code, it's really straightforward, so not much insight there. The best I can think of is adding something like this

Code:
<onunload condition="Skin.String(SplashScreen)">PlayerControl(Stop)</onunload>

to line 10 of the skins' startup.xml. That sounds like it might solve the looping issue. Anything else might be related to the skin helper service which controls the entire process anyway. I that happens to fix the issue, let me know, and I'll include it in the next update. If not, try and upload a log if you can, that might give me some clue as to how to proceed.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-11-24

@arielf For example, if you go to the movies library and want to change views, you enter the menu and open the view selector. On the side of the view selector, you'll find three buttons, and the first will be labelled "Lock View (Movies)". When you click that button, it will lock the currently selected view to movies. The locking mechanism is based on content type, not location. This means things like movies, tv shows, music, seasons, and not add-ons, locations or anything else. That's why the skin doesn't work well with add-ons that have their own preferences.

@wrp_199 The setting you are looking for is already included in the skin. While playing a TV channel and while the lower information panel is visible, press the i button, and the information that's displayed will change to display the information you saw on the image. To view the plot again, you can click on the same button.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - kunjoke - 2018-11-26

@Alanon Thank you So much. For Free time Answer

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - kunjoke - 2018-11-26

(2018-09-08, 13:03)Alanon Wrote: @kunjoke The background tint setting is located in Skin Settings - Backgrounds - Background colour and opacity. There you can set it as light or as dark as you desire, but the effect will be applied across the entire skin. As far as fonts go, in the Netflix view, the title is displayed as a logo. If the logo is missing, you should be able to see a plain text title. I'm not sure that the fonts that are included in the skin support Thai, which might be a reason why you don't see anything? There used to be a "fake logo" backend for the Netflix view that I deactivated, I'll re-enable it and update the skin today, then you might see some change in the behaviour. 

@mystik If you mean the default Kodi splash screen, that's not a part of the skin. If you mean the skins default background, just change the fallback image (Skin Settings - Backgrounds - Fanart fallback image). Another way of changing the background is to go to the main menu settings and change the background images for the menu entries. 

@ido_ I have received some reports on this issue, but that's another one that I just haven't been able to reproduce. The logs I've received so far don't give any clues as to why this happens, and I haven't been able to see a pattern. I know that I haven't changed anything in the way the whole thing works, so I'm just stumped. Every once in a while I try something out, or look into other skins to see how they implement the feature, but nothing so far has given me any clue as to what's wrong. All the more so since I can't reproduce it. Have you noticed any changes at all? Any particular update that broke it for you?
 @Alanon Thank you So much. For Free time Answer.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - strahler - 2018-11-27

Hi everyone,

I am currently running Eminence 2.0 on a Raspberry Pi 2 (OSMC - Kodi Version 17.6). I'd be totally happy with the skin if there wasn't one thing. The Pi is connected to my AVR (Denon X3400) and whenever I either switch off the AVR or change the HDMI-channel, Kodi turns black and my only option to get it running again is to unplug the power. I have turned off CEC and I have also disabled an automatic shutdown when idle. I would simply like the Pi to be turned on all the time and to be a ready when I choose the HDMI channel the Pi is connected to.
As this weird problem does not seem to occur when I am on the Kodi standard skin, I think this is a problem with Eminence 2.0. Can you help me please? I would like to continue using Eminence 2.0 because I have love it so much.

I'm looking forward to read your posts. Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Chris

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - m3ndi - 2018-11-29

any mode to set as default list view for all? i dont like change one and lock, change other and lock, change other and lock..., and i only like view: list

And other question, if i have for example diferent generes as children movies, documentals, tv movies.... 
how can i add diferent libraries nodes?

thanks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2018-11-29

@Alanon . Ok, thanks. Ill give it a shot. But have you tried an mp4 file for the intro?, because thats what im using. I made this for my Eminence skin.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - MrPatate - 2018-11-29

(2018-11-29, 15:58)jdig4240 Wrote: @Alanon . Ok, thanks. Ill give it a shot. But have you tried an mp4 file for the intro?, because thats what im using. I made this for my Eminence skin.

I feel i have the same problem with mp4 file, in fact the png file come up and only after the mp4 file, for me the splash screen was the png file, and with the set up we can't change this one with à video.

@jdig4240 you're video intro is awsome, can we have a link to it ?

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-11-30

@strahler I'm afraid I don't have the solution, but if you could give me a link to your Kodi debug log, I can take a look at it and perhaps find out what the problem is. It's very difficult to troubleshoot these things without a Pi or any suitable Android device at all. I'm pretty much running blind, so any clue is helpful.

@jdig4240 Yes, mp4 was among the working formats I tested out. But just to be safe, I downloaded and tried your video, and it works. (This is with the added line of code I mentioned earlier.) Unless Vimeo performed some sort of re-encode of the file, I'd say that mp4 definitely works on my end. 

@m3ndi The skin uses content to display and lock views, so there's no other way except going to tv shows, movies, episodes, albums, etc. and locking your chosen view for that content type. Most views are not available for all content types, so that's why a universal switch isn't a practical solution. As for nodes, there is some information here.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2018-11-30

(2018-11-30, 01:05)Alanon Wrote: @jdig4240 Yes, mp4 was among the working formats I tested out. But just to be safe, I downloaded and tried your video, and it works. (This is with the added line of code I mentioned earlier.) Unless Vimeo performed some sort of re-encode of the file, I'd say that mp4 definitely works on my end. 
 Ok Alanon, maybe I jumped the gun. Or maybe something changed in the latest 18 beta because I cant replicate the issue anymore with or without the line 10 edit you suggested. Seems to be working fine. So please disregard. Thanks for looking though.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - jdig4240 - 2018-11-30

(2018-11-29, 18:22)MrPatate Wrote: @jdig4240 you're video intro is awsome, can we have a link to it ? 
 Just click the Vimeo link. You can download it there.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2018-11-30

(2018-11-30, 14:32)jdig4240 Wrote: Ok Alanon, maybe I jumped the gun. Or maybe something changed in the latest 18 beta because I cant replicate the issue anymore with or without the line 10 edit you suggested. Seems to be working fine. So please disregard. Thanks for looking though.

No worries! Glad that it works!

EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - ido_ - 2018-12-02

hi I just updated to kodi 18 rc1 from kodi 17.
I noticed something weird, not sure if its skin or kodi related.
I have a shortcut in one of my hubs to play a smart playlist (worked great on 17). when I click it now, the video plays without subtitles and it doesn't even show they are there to load, you need to download them allover again.
If i setup the shortcut to display the playlist and then play it it works great with the subs