Kodi Community Forum
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) (/showthread.php?tid=307568)

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - caseguy - 2019-01-25

(2019-01-25, 01:17)Alanon Wrote: @caseguy Yes, the menu should rebuild properly. Worst case, it might reset the menus to defaults (experiences vary). To make things a bit easier, you should be able to manually backup the data, update the skin, wait for it to reset the menu, and then paste back your original data. In either case, you should not receive any build errors.

The YouTube crash is a known problem. Some users have had issues with one of the skin's fanart search backends. It's an old way of searching and displaying fanart by looking for an extrafanart folder. it seems that YouTube can't handle it for some reason. Sadly, I haven't been able to think up a workaround, short of removing the code altogether. One user has had success doing just that. You should be able to go to MyVideoNav.xml and delete/comment out the entire control labelled 4440 (lines 196-219).

In its current state, the whole thing is only meant for users that have no artwork downloaders and like to configure things manually. Most skins have given up on this implementation, which is why it works just fine in them. I'm not sure if anyone makes use of it at this point, but I seem to remember putting it there for a reason... I'm still mulling over whether or not I should just remove it and be done with the problems it causes. In the meantime, you can try out the modification and see if it works for you. It'd be nice to have some more confirmation, as most people don't seem to encounter the issue at all, so it probably has something to do with specific configurations/components.
 Again, thank you! Deleting that control did fix the YouTube addon

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Criddler23 - 2019-01-25

(2019-01-25, 01:50)caseguy Wrote: Thank you so much! This definitely pushes me in the right direction. 

I forgot something- the current "Global Search" addon for Kodi leia (I think it's 8.0.8) does not work with this skin. 

However, Global Search 6 versions, the old ones, DO work with this version of Eminence. 

I thought this may be of help to anyone who has this issue.

How do I revert back to the working version of global search please.This is the last thing I need working on this excellent skin.Many thanks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - caseguy - 2019-01-26

Hey criddler. 

I have a repo on my Kodi that has the version that still works with this skin. 

Note- it will look different, but it WILL work. The updated, current version, 8.0.8 from the Kodi repo does not work. 

The version 6.0.6 is the version I am using now and it does work. It looks different (it's the older version of the addon) but it does work. 

I am not sure if the repo is on the "banned addons and repos" list so I cant give it out here, but if you google "Global Search Kodi Addon 6.0.6" you will find a source for it. 

Hope I helped you. Once you install that addon (and dont update it) Global Search will work again.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - justin150 - 2019-01-26

(2019-01-24, 22:02)Alanon Wrote: @justin150 Hello and welcome! What you're trying to accomplish is going to take some doing. Basically, the vast majority of home screen elements are colourable through one skin setting or another, so the elements like menu backgrounds, widget boxes, headers and menu boxes are basically just small white image files (look out for references like white.png, tile.png, tile_empty.png, half_tile.png and many others) stretched to proper dimensions and with a colour filter applied. What you'd have to do is go through the files and alter the background images to the ones you'd need.

For example, for altering the main menu background, look for "Home_Menu_BG_Big" in Includes_Home.xml, and for menu styles, search for the proper style comment in the same file. I'd wager that you'll have to tailor your images to fit the available user space. If you select a light/dark basic theme, the text should turn white/dark so you should be able to use a brighter chrome texture. You'll only have to alter the menu backgrounds and one tile style, the one which best fits the look you're after. This will break skin colour settings, but you can remove the texture colour diffusion just in case.
Firstly thank you for taking the time to respond. 

As it happened I had tried the idea of replacing white.png in "Home_Menu_BG_Big" but what seems to happen is that there is an order in which a screen image is laid down, almost like a series of layers.  Deepest background layer is whatever happens to be your background image, next layer is the tiles and images inside the tiles, next layer is "Home_Menu_BG_Big" and final layer is home menu item text (if any).  So if you replace white.png with an image of chicken wire (for example) you end up with the home menu tiles and any icons inside the tiles looking as though they are behind the chicken wire and any text looks to be in front of the chicken wire.

I have not tried to change the home menu tiles yet (delay due to mediocre artistic talents!) but I do worry about finding the same "image layering" problem ie if the tile is an image itself (say of a metal shield) rather than having a transparent centre what I will see if the tile image obscuring the relevant home menu icon - again it is import to ensure the tile is in the background and the home menu item icon is the foreground.

It may be what I am trying to do is just not possible with Kodi.  If that is the case just let me out of my misery

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-01-26

@justin150 No, it should definitely be possible with Kodi, and with the skin. Back when builds were still a thing, I remember seeing several Eminence mods that did just that. As far as layers go, they must be "logical" because with background overlay in front of them would make the menus unclickable.

Just in case, I picked an image from Eminence's media folder and replaced the texture. It worked fine, and the same principle should apply to the menu icons. For the test, I used a random image that seemed dark enough. For something like a shield, I'd recommend a .png file with nice clean transparent borders that you will replace in the ordinary squared tiles to avoid any other processing or skewing.

So, in my example, I replaced
Code:
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[HomeBar_Color]">common/white.png</texture>
with:
Code:
<texture>diffuseoverlay.png</texture>
(an image currently in eminence's media folder), and everything worked just fine. You have to make sure and remove the colour reference for everything to display properly.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Criddler23 - 2019-01-27

Many thanks for your help.Installing the older global search worked a treat.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - arielf - 2019-01-27

I'm dizzy, what version should be installed in leia? with what repository. Thank you

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - MrSumOne - 2019-01-30

I'm having a small problem. Since Kodi 18 doesn't support this beautiful skin, I have to use this mod. When I was using Kodi 17 with this skin, right beside the Spotlight header there used to be small posters of each movie or tv show that was under that category. Now it's blank, how do I get that back? Pic included for clarity. 

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-01-30

(2019-01-30, 01:55)MrSumOne Wrote: I'm having a small problem. Since Kodi 18 doesn't support this beautiful skin, I have to use this mod. When I was using Kodi 17 with this skin, right beside the Spotlight header there used to be small posters of each movie or tv show that was under that category. Now it's blank, how do I get that back? Pic included for clarity. 
 You need to adjust your skin settings (Skin Settings / Widgets / Widget posters). Each widget can be configured separately in the main menu config, or you can set up a global rule to hide/show posters, or show them on up/focusing the widget.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - MrPatate - 2019-01-31

Well donne ! New kodi, new eminence mod !
My android kodi update and migrate data to the New install, my eminence mod skin (for kodi 17) was not recognised has a working addon for 18 version (i already know it).
I download the New version for kodi 18 and All my eminence parameter was imported in the New version.
Really appreciate the simplicity of this !
But......
I have one question !
Kodi 18 add game support and when i go to the skin parameter and try to add menu in home screen i was not able to find game menu........
Could you give me some informations please ?

Importation of skin parameter was à really great surprise ! Well done !

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - looks - 2019-01-31

Hi,
I like this skin very much and it works perfect on Leia (windows10), thanx for your work.

Two littel things that I cant find to activate or change:

On Movies posters on the bottom are a lot of flags. Is it possible to bring language and subtitle to this flags?
On Movie infos are on the bottom a lot of flags like reload, extende infos and more. Is it possible to change the flags to text like in other skins?

I hope somebody can help me

thanx Looks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Alanon - 2019-02-01

@MrPatate If you are upgrading from 17 to 18, I'd advise you to go through the skin settings, just in case, some errors are possible. At this point there is no game support, it will be added in the upcoming versions/updates.

@looks Hello! Thanks for the kind words! None of these options are changeable in the skin. You can alter them, but you'll have to mod skin files.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - Verequies - 2019-02-01

PVR Support has some issues, for instance some channel summaries aren't shown in the channel view. And when actually playing a channel, the play time just keeps counting up and doesn't show the length of the TV show.

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - looks - 2019-02-01

(2019-02-01, 00:50)Alanon Wrote: @MrPatate If you are upgrading from 17 to 18, I'd advise you to go through the skin settings, just in case, some errors are possible. At this point there is no game support, it will be added in the upcoming versions/updates.

@looks Hello! Thanks for the kind words! None of these options are changeable in the skin. You can alter them, but you'll have to mod skin files.
 Hi Alanon,
this skin is really the best skin that I saw for Kodi. A lot of settings are possible and I am very happy with it. great job.
about to add subtitle and language to the media flags. I was searching in the thread but I can't find it. In the skin settings under Library options I can activate "show media flags" and I think this is the way. Please can you tell me wich files are where I can mod this? I think this are xml files but I don't know wich.
Thanx and Greetings
Looks

RE: EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED) - spinnaker - 2019-02-02

I tried following the instructions in posts 1 and 2.    When I look at my dependencies, it says I am missing script.module.simpleeval.

I am not seeing it in any of the downloads above.   Where do I get this file?