Kodi Community Forum
v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update (/showthread.php?tid=322761)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - jepski - 2018-02-24

Same problem here. I have tried anything driver related, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.
Every time Kodi changes refresh rate, it goes into black screen and I have to tab out. A temporarily solution is to have Teamviewer running...
I'm getting pretty desperate and hope some one can soon come up with and answer.

Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - popy - 2018-02-24

The answer is downgrade and disable windows update [emoji3]

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - wdilbert - 2018-02-24

(2018-02-24, 16:42)popy Wrote: The answer is downgrade and disable windows update [emoji3]
 Not disable Windows Update but hide 1709 update.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - popy - 2018-02-24

Why not preventing it? The spring update is right about the corner and possibly make things worse on older hardware. I'll stay on 1703!

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - wdilbert - 2018-02-24

(2018-02-24, 20:30)popy Wrote: Why not preventing it? The spring update is right about the corner and possibly make things worse on older hardware. I'll stay on 1703!
 There are security updates for v1703. If you disable Windows Update you will not receive those security updates.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - popy - 2018-02-24

You are right, but my HTPC is working! I'll just use it as kodi machine and not for browsing....

(2018-02-24, 21:10)popy Wrote: You are right, but my HTPC is working! I'll just use it as kodi machine and not for browsing....
 It's your decision and it's good for you, but it's not the best decision for most people.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - DanSilov - 2018-02-25

Despite the fact that I had Windows Update disabled, it somehow forced me to update and lo and behold, I encountered the issue with refresh rate and blank screen. After an hour or so of trying different things it seems that I have sorted it. Maybe this helps someone:

1. Installed the very latest Intel driver (I have i3-6300T)
2. Display mode: Fullscreen #1
3. Use fullscreen window: No (this was the key for me, after disabling this, it started working reliably)
4. Blank other displays: No
5. Adjust display refresh rate: Start/Stop or Always (both work)

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - lightstorm22 - 2018-02-25

I'm also at scaling 100% and get the super zoom problem when I disable full screen mode. So far the only thing I can do is disable refresh rate. AMD HD 8400 / R3 on current 18.2.1 drivers.

What's weird is today is not the first time I've tried watching something since the Fall update, but it is the first time I've had this problem. It MAY be the first time I've watched something since also updating AMD drivers to 17.12.1 last month. I'm gonna try going to something earlier and see what happens. I've tried everything else to no avail.

Edit: Ugh. Nothing I did matters. Tried a bunch of older versions up to 1 year ago and none worked for disabling full screen mode or adjusting refresh rate. I'm questioning my sanity at this point and wondering if think now that maybe I got the Fall update only recently and this is just the first time I have tried watching something. Going back to newest AMD drivers and just disabling adjust refresh rate. Hopefully someone fixes something soon.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - torsan - 2018-02-25

(2018-02-24, 21:10)popy Wrote: You are right, but my HTPC is working! I'll just use it as kodi machine and not for browsing....

I tried installing the nightly build of Leia today, still the same issues! So I went on to try LibreElec, but that did not recognise my audio output, so that did not work (not that I'm surprised..).

So I then went and reinstalled Windows to start from scratch, I set up "defer windows updates" according to all the internet posts, and guess what, that piece of shit update installed itself anyway. So now I'm back to the exact same solution as you popy, completely disabling all updates, and running a seriously "unsafe" version of Windows..

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - popy - 2018-02-25

I'll recommend you to use the little app Windows Update Blocker. This also prevents windows from reanabling the WUS.

pOpY

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - willemd - 2018-02-26

Disabling Windows Update seems to me a serious security hazard unless you have no connection to the internet.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - torsan - 2018-02-26

(2018-02-26, 13:54)willemd Wrote: Disabling Windows Update seems to me a serious security hazard unless you have no connection to the internet.

Yes, it truly is. But what options do I have then? If you have any better ideas, by all means I'm all ears! Well, one thing I've actually considered in installing Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, but that seems a little backwards.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - scott967 - 2018-02-26

As far as Kodi is concerned, I think it is agnostic, but personally I don't see running win 10 ver 1703 is any security problem.  You can wait for the unpaid beta testers to find the problems with the monthly roll-ups (like the bricking of AMD processors last month) and then install the roll-up AFTER MS updates the KBs a few times.  Of course, this takes some effort so if you don't want the effort you can open your mouth wide and take what ever comes down the update chute. 

scott s.

RE: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update - willemd - 2018-02-27

(2018-02-26, 21:24)torsan Wrote: Yes, it truly is. But what options do I have then? If you have any better ideas, by all means I'm all ears! Well, one thing I've actually considered in installing Windows 7 instead of Windows 10, but that seems a little backwards. 
 I agree that staying on 1703 would be a good idea, when you keep that version up to date. But disabling Windows Update altogether, like some fellas suggested above, seems unwise.

I wish I had remained at 1703, so that's good advice. I also wish I had enabled the restore points functionality, but alas, my HTPC has a small SSD and I figured a smart guy like me didn't need those precautions. No Rofl

Anyway, all my software runs OK with Windows 10, 1709, except for Kodi. There are some options mentioned in this thread; disabling full screen window and such. None of them worked for me.

What I did was install the Kodi DSplayer version with madvr. There's a huge thread about it in this Windows forum. It does take some extra setting up, but at least I can watch my videos in the right frame rate now without any hassle. It's not officially supported, but for many people it works well. So you could try that! (See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175 )