Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - benfolkman - 2019-04-24

Bug Report

An episode of something is playing.  Inside the location of this episode are other episodes from the season.  To skip to the next video, I would often use the OSD that pops up during playback, move across to the 'Next' icon and press it.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any action assigned to it as it does absolutely nothing.

RE: Aura - curael - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-24, 23:33)benfolkman Wrote: Bug Report

An episode of something is playing.  Inside the location of this episode are other episodes from the season.  To skip to the next video, I would often use the OSD that pops up during playback, move across to the 'Next' icon and press it.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any action assigned to it as it does absolutely nothing.

Sounds like a playlist - or lack there of issue? Have you verified that this happens when you access a season from inside a video library or is it only from the home screen? e.g. Recent episodes or something else.. Or are you talking about the Up Next addon on top of Aura?

RE: Aura - curael - 2019-04-27

(2019-04-22, 17:50)theinfamousfx Wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to use other skinart to change the background in Aura? When I try to apply new background art in the Skin Settings, there is no option to choose alternative art, only a "Fanart" with a checkbox.  

Thanks

Can you elaborate? Aura supports extended artwork (cycling more backdrops for the show marked) and also supports setting static backdrops for your menu items. Smile

What are you looking for? I'll write up the location for the setting you need. Smile

RE: Aura - edjalmo - 2019-04-27

I installed this skin today, and like it!
I noticed that translations is not complete, at least not for my language (Brazilian Portuguese).
I searched for translations of Estuary skin (that I think the most complete in this sense). Can you use this file to full translate Aura?
The file is this: https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/blob/master/language/resource.language.pt_br/strings.po

RE: Aura - dave157 - 2019-04-29

@jurialmunkey, could you include an option for dark dialogs (like Horizon skin) in a future update? Thanks in advance!

RE: Aura - ZefXyde - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-29, 00:43)dave157 Wrote: @jurialmunkey, could you include an option for dark dialogs (like Horizon skin) in a future update? Thanks in advance!

Do you mean like this option?

RE: Aura - theinfamousfx - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-27, 19:44)curael Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 17:50)theinfamousfx Wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to use other skinart to change the background in Aura? When I try to apply new background art in the Skin Settings, there is no option to choose alternative art, only a "Fanart" with a checkbox.  

Thanks

Can you elaborate? Aura supports extended artwork (cycling more backdrops for the show marked) and also supports setting static backdrops for your menu items. Smile

What are you looking for? I'll write up the location for the setting you need. Smile 

I am looking on the main screen in Kodi, where the menu is at the top and the widgets show below the menu items I am looking for an option to change the background artwork per menu item.  When I scroll through the menu, I would like the background to change with each menu item.  I am looking for the setting to change the static backdrop for each menu item.  I have gone into the Homescreen editor and clicked on background but it does not give me an option to change to images I have downloaded via repos. 

For example, In Customize main menu -> Movies -> Background -> Single image only shows 3 options, External Storage, IAC and Root Filesystem.  I am not seeing anywhere to access the repo downloaded images.  If they are located in External Storage, I do not know where to find them in the directory structure.

(2019-04-29, 14:40)theinfamousfx Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 19:44)curael Wrote:

Thanks

I am looking on the main screen in Kodi, where the menu is at the top and the widgets show below the menu items I am looking for an option to change the background artwork per menu item.  When I scroll through the menu, I would like the background to change with each menu item.  I am looking for the setting to change the static backdrop for each menu item.  I have gone into the Homescreen editor and clicked on background but it does not give me an option to change to images I have downloaded via repos. 

For example, In Customize main menu -> Movies -> Background -> Single image only shows 3 options, External Storage, IAC and Root Filesystem.  I am not seeing anywhere to access the repo downloaded images.  If they are located in External Storage, I do not know where to find them in the directory structure. 

It appears they are supposed to be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ but I can only see 
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ with no other directories

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2019-04-29

(2019-04-27, 23:22)edjalmo Wrote: I installed this skin today, and like it!
I noticed that translations is not complete, at least not for my language (Brazilian Portuguese).
I searched for translations of Estuary skin (that I think the most complete in this sense). Can you use this file to full translate Aura?
The file is this: https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/blob/master/language/resource.language.pt_br/strings.po
I think you need do use this base to translate and not other skin strings...
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/tree/master/language/resource.language.en_us

(2019-04-29, 14:47)theinfamousfx Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 14:40)theinfamousfx Wrote:
(2019-04-27, 19:44)curael Wrote: Can you elaborate? Aura supports extended artwork (cycling more backdrops for the show marked) and also supports setting static backdrops for your menu items. Smile

It appears they are supposed to be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ but I can only see 
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ with no other directories 

I solved my own issue.  Kodi was not set up to see hidden files and directories.  I had to enable it in the Expert settings in the General settings.

RE: Aura - poondoggle - 2019-05-02

Hi All,

I set up Aura on Leia 18.2, and everything looks good other than when I bring up information for a Movie, the Cast thumbnails either don't populate at all, or just 1 or 2 actors do.  If I select the actor, the details page does show their picture, and any movie of theirs I look at from the next page does show them all.

I do also see this issue to a lesser extent for my TV Shows.

I am not sure if this is an issue with Aura or PlexKodiConnect or something else.  I have tried using the Refresh button at the top of the screen under movie details, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

RE: Aura - darnellt0 - 2019-05-02

@jurialmunkey

Thank you for all your hard work that you have put into this skin and for your responsiveness when it comes to supporting it. This is currently my favorite skin by far.

It is nearly perfect and in an effort to make it more perfect for me I would like to know if there is a way to stay on or return to the same menu that the media is being played from?

For instance, if I play a movie from a widget on the Movie menu, when I stop the movie and return I am no longer in the Movie menu but now in the TV Shows menu or if I select a YouTube video from the widget on the Videos page when I stop it and return I am now in the Music menu.

I read about the force default menu position in a previous post but I don't want to default to a specific page.  I want it to stay in the same menu that the media was selected from.  Is this possible?

Thanks again for some great skins

RE: Aura - poondoggle - 2019-05-03

(2019-05-02, 19:10)poondoggle Wrote: Hi All,

I set up Aura on Leia 18.2, and everything looks good other than when I bring up information for a Movie, the Cast thumbnails either don't populate at all, or just 1 or 2 actors do.  If I select the actor, the details page does show their picture, and any movie of theirs I look at from the next page does show them all.

I do also see this issue to a lesser extent for my TV Shows.

I am not sure if this is an issue with Aura or PlexKodiConnect or something else.  I have tried using the Refresh button at the top of the screen under movie details, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

Any suggestions?

TIA!
Please disregard this ended up being a Plex issue.

RE: Aura - poondoggle - 2019-05-03

This may be a question better suited for another forum, but I am not sure if Aura's menus are different than other skins, so I thought I would ask here.

I have added a new menu item called IPTV, and would like to just list specific video addons under that menu item.

If I go to Skin Settings > Home > Customize home menu I have the standard options: Choose item for menu, action, label, etc.

If I go to Widgets and select the specific widget, it will appear under the Widget menu, but if I back out and let the menu reload, I just see my IPTV label and nothing else.  I'm certain I need to provide information for at least some of the other options under Customize home menu, but not sure what I should choose if I just want the list of specific addons I've placed there and the ability to launch them by selecting.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

RE: Aura - poondoggle - 2019-05-04

(2019-05-03, 19:22)poondoggle Wrote: This may be a question better suited for another forum, but I am not sure if Aura's menus are different than other skins, so I thought I would ask here.

I have added a new menu item called IPTV, and would like to just list specific video addons under that menu item.

If I go to Skin Settings > Home > Customize home menu I have the standard options: Choose item for menu, action, label, etc.

If I go to Widgets and select the specific widget, it will appear under the Widget menu, but if I back out and let the menu reload, I just see my IPTV label and nothing else.  I'm certain I need to provide information for at least some of the other options under Customize home menu, but not sure what I should choose if I just want the list of specific addons I've placed there and the ability to launch them by selecting.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Through some tinkering I've been able to get a new menu item created with an entry called Categories that allows me to choose a single Video addon to display as a smallish card.  What I was hoping for is kind of what appears under the Add-Ons menu item but without the Categories up top and no label listed like it does for Video add-ons but just a list with those poster style icons with the label below the icon.  Is that possible without editing the XML files.  I haven't been able to figure it out so far.