• 1(current)
Release Aura
Screenshots

watch gallery

https://imgur.com/a/tFkQH

Hey everyone. So I've been putting most of my spare time for skinning into the creation of a new skin. Yes, another one! Although, this time it is more a mashup/mod of my existing skins rather than starting from scratch. It combines the basic stylistic elements of Horizon with the text-centric minimalism and rounded edges of Arctic. So it's basically a minimalist version of Horizon. I have also tried to ensure that mouse/touch is supported in most sections (for home widgets there is an option in Skin Settings > Home to enable mouse support). The final skin will have themes for both round and square corners.

Dependencies
kodi.leia
script.skinshortcuts
script.skin.helper.service
script.extendedinfo
script.image.resource.select
plugin.program.autocompletion
resource.images.studios.white
resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent

Please Note
There are additional supported addons which can be installed from Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies. Whilst they aren't necessary, I do recommend installing any you don't have for the full experience.

The horizon genre icon pack is supported, so I also recommend installing it:
https://github.com/Swageroni/resource.im...ns.horizon

RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api
1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository (and update all relevant dependencies e.g. metadatautils and simplecache).
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive
http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies and click "script.module.metadatautils" to open it's settings
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db - this step is not necessary, but it will force skin helper to rebuild its info cache and retrieve the ratings.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.
7. SkinHelper is heavily rate limited if you do not also have api keys for TMDb and Fanart.tv - I recommend also getting api keys for these.

Download - Leia
Aura is on the Official Kodi Leia Repo.

Development is at:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura

Download - Krypton
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aura/tree/Krypton
Please note that the Krypton branch is no longer being developed. Current development is on the master branch (v18 Leia).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Excellent name for a skin. I'm going to give it a test drive right now!!!!  Big Grin

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
You are forcing me to use a 3rd skin...
@jurialmunkey

I'm liking the skin so far, Navigation is very smooth  Smile

In Horizon there is an option to hide Display submenu as categories widget. will this option be added to Aura?

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
BUG REPORT

When I select whether widget I can not tab down or use arrow keys to save. I have to use the mouse.

Thanks
Looks awesome mate!
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
beautiful skin thx for sharing it Cool
i hope it will be available on the official repo or a personal repo soon
may you add arial font like in Horizon 
thx
@Edworld - Haha! Big Grin Though I'm thinking of this more as a companion skin to Horizon. I wanted to make it an option in Horizon, but the changes became too complex so it became much easier to manage as a separate skin. It's basically a more minimalist, mouse-centric version (though it might diverge more as time goes on).

@Blurayx - Added an option to hide the submenu widget. However, there isn't currently any alternative method to display the submenu - still trying to think of solution. The "save changes" in the customisation screen isn't actually necessary any more. You can just press back now. Fixed the navigation issue nonetheless. Also removed the text and changed the button to say "Close" rather than "Save".

@sualfred - Thanks! Big Grin

@Zombi - Thanks! Arial fontset added.
@jurialmunkey

Thanks 
Smile

Request 1: Would it be possible to add minimal busy loader
Request 2: please stop making amazing skins lol  Big Grin

I really like the Horizon/Arctic concept, it's the best of both worlds. Also, I like the new improved splash screen logo but I think it would look better without Krypton.Smile
@jurialmunkey

You highlighted that Next Aired is not properly skinned yet. does it include widgets(tv shows airing today) not displaying on the home screen?

@Blurayx
Minimal busy loader added.
I personally like the "krypton" part on the splash. Though I will probably add an option to select your own splash screen in the future.

Next Aired widgets should work fine if they work in Horizon. I don't have any episodes airing today, so can't really test. How did you set the widget? Through the "Skin Helper Default Widgets" section, or through the "Add-ons" section? Can you try the other way around (e.g. if you set it from default widgets, try going instead through Addons > Video Addons > Skin Helper > Episodes) - I remember there being this issue previously and that was the solution iirc.
(2018-02-17, 08:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx
Minimal busy loader added.
I personally like the "krypton" part on the splash. Though I will probably add an option to select your own splash screen in the future.

Next Aired widgets should work fine if they work in Horizon. I don't have any episodes airing today, so can't really test. How did you set the widget? Through the "Skin Helper Default Widgets" section, or through the "Add-ons" section? Can you try the other way around (e.g. if you set it from default widgets, try going instead through Addons > Video Addons > Skin Helper > Episodes) - I remember there being this issue previously and that was the solution iirc.
Thanks for adding minimal busy loader  Smile
Unfortunately Addons > Video Addons > Skin Helper > Episodes) didn't work

Next aired widgets work fine with Horizon. I also have recently added TV shows selected. 
Horizon

Aura: Widgets show for a few seconds then disappears(Currently I have no Episodes Aring today until Monday)

A few seconds later

"Recently added TV shows" works for TV Shows

I hope this is not  too confusing

Thanks
@jurialmunkey

Not sure if it's intentional. In the settings menu, the add-on icon is missing 

(2018-02-17, 10:50)Blurayx Wrote:
(2018-02-17, 08:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: Deleted
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19