Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2018-04-04

@jurialmunkey 

I have a small remark about the video search/progress bar. I do a lot of skipping forward and backward. All works fine but the skipping steps that are shown on the left bottom are constantly interrupted with the 'caching XXX%' text. I find that very annoying. Personally i don't care for the caching percentage. More important... it lowers the WAF. ;-) (my wife actually complains about it)
Is there a way to avoid having the caching info and the skipping steps at the same location?

Btw. I liked the auto suggestions fields just below the search field in the keyboard.

And... do you have any idea why i have to toggle the 'Match background overlay color with poster' before it works. When exiting Kodi the feature stays checked but stops working. (are there any logs i can sent you. And how)

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-04, 12:27)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

I have a small remark about the video search/progress bar. I do a lot of skipping forward and backward. All works fine but the skipping steps that are shown on the left bottom are constantly interrupted with the 'caching XXX%' text. I find that very annoying. Personally i don't care for the caching percentage. More important... it lowers the WAF. ;-) (my wife actually complains about it)
Is there a way to avoid having the caching info and the skipping steps at the same location?

Btw. I liked the auto suggestions fields just below the search field in the keyboard.

And... do you have any idea why i have to toggle the 'Match background overlay color with poster' before it works. When exiting Kodi the feature stays checked but stops working. (are there any logs i can sent you. And how)

Can you test latest git. Caching info should now only show after a short delay, not instantly, so this should reduce how often you see it with local/network files.
I think the overlay colour matching should be fixed on startup. Don't think I ever tested a scenario with just overlay color matching turned on and nothing else. Noticed that I missed a condition for it on startup.
Yeah I liked having the autocomplete just below the input box on the keyboard too (thanks to loggio's suggestion). However, I had a few issues after testing with the remote that made me revert the change.

(2018-04-04, 13:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: I think the overlay colour matching should be fixed on startup. Don't think I ever tested a scenario with just overlay color matching turned on and nothing else. Noticed that I missed a condition for it on startup.
The Overlay color matching is fixed now. Brilliant.
Quote:Can you test latest git. Caching info should now only show after a short delay, not instantly, so this should reduce how often you see it with local/network files.
Perfect. Skipping steps are now staying on screen much more continuous. Thanks. (i actually haven't seen a caching notification anymore)

Quote:Yeah I liked having the autocomplete just below the input box on the keyboard too (thanks to loggio's suggestion). However, I had a few issues after testing with the remote that made me revert the change.
Too bad. I must say with my remote it worked great.

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-03, 23:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 16:51)MrFoxx Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 13:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: @MrFoxx
- Sorry, I don't use Plex so I really have no idea. But this sounds like an issue with the add-on doing something strange.

It only happens on a few skins, Eminence being another of yours that it happens on. I believe it is a skin issue, unfortunately. 

Definitely an issue with their code, not mine. Here is the culprit in their code:
https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/blob/master/resources/skins/Main/1080i/script-plex-seek_dialog.xml#L23-L26

They do this really lazy hack of showing their own seekbar/controls over the skin's. Rather than using specific visibility conditions (e.g. Player.Paused | Player.Seeking), they just check if the whole seekbar dialog is visible. However, my seekbar dialog is always visible when video is playing. This is so that I have better control over the animation of each individual component. 
Im pretty sure Plex for Kodi is not in development any longer either so getting this fixed on their end is most likely not going to happen.

RE: Aura - MrFoxx - 2018-04-04

That is a real pity.

Jurial would you know of a skin fix that could bypass their lazy method?

RE: Aura - attackkkkkk - 2018-04-04

Request: Can we have a Logo mode for the main menu? Big Grin

(2018-04-04, 17:18)MrFoxx Wrote: That is a real pity.

Maybe you could try the PlexKodiConnect add-on instead of the Plex add-on.

RE: Aura - mxlance - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-04, 19:47)joostzilla Wrote:

i use PlexKodiConnect and i find it to be fast and stable. however i can not get extra fanart to work.

RE: Aura - Hardax - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-04, 21:44)mxlance Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 19:47)joostzilla Wrote:

i use PlexKodiConnect and i find it to be fast and stable. however i can not get extra fanart to work. 
 I have been trying to make PKC work reliably for years now and it just cant quite get there. Either artwork issues or more importantly, play states that just refuse to sync reliably have forced me off of Plex all together and onto Emby with its rock solid Kodi add-on.

RE: Aura - mxlance - 2018-04-04

@Hardax - so we do not hijack this thread may i PM you with a question or two about your emby experience?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-04-05

I've made some changes on latest git that hopefully should fix this issue. However, if I encounter any issues with this new method then I will be reverting the code back (it looks like it is working fine though, so I think it should be okay).

RE: Aura - joostzilla - 2018-04-05

(2018-04-04, 22:11)Hardax Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 21:44)mxlance Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 19:47)joostzilla Wrote: Maybe you could try the PlexKodiConnect add-on instead of the Plex add-on.  
 I have been trying to make PKC work reliably for years now and it just cant quite get there. Either artwork issues or more importantly, play states that just refuse to sync reliably have forced me off of Plex all together and onto Emby with its rock solid Kodi add-on. 
 Maybe i have no problems with PKC because i manage all my media (movies and Series) in TinyMediaManager. So Plex can use the scraped artwork from my local movie/series folder. With the right XMBC plex plugin it even uses the nfo created by TMM.

RE: Aura - Zpower - 2018-04-05

Thanks for the good work. I´m an Fan.

Its possible add media flag on this views?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2018-04-06

(2018-04-05, 20:20)Zpower Wrote: Thanks for the good work. I´m an Fan.

Its possible add media flag on this views?

There's not really any room anywhere.

RE: Aura - braz - 2018-04-06

Hey @jurialmunkey, the only thing I've missed while using Aura the past month or so are item counts for lists in the media windows. I could never think of a good place to put them though, so gave up on it until I had an idea today. What about showing the total number of items and current/total pages only when the scrollbar has the focus? Just throwing this idea out there...

Thanks!