Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - shakuyi - 2019-01-31

(2019-01-27, 23:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 21:32)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: its probably buried somewhere and I'm just overlooking it, but I could have sworn that I saw a post about game support for retro player being added in aura. The problem is I just cant seem to find it. Am I blind and missing something?
It's in Leia.

You just need to add a menu item with the action ActivateWindow(games) and then in that window add the location to your roms.

Keep in mind that Kodi's library support fot games is pretty limited at the moment - there are no scrapers, so it is pretty much just a file browser. All the required dialogs are skinned though, so everything works properly. 
 Thank you for this I was looking to see how to add the Games menu item.  By chance can you tell me how to add the Games add-on widget as well?  I did not see it in the list and am not sure what the proper command is.  If you have any other tips for customizing the Games section that would be great too Smile I am a bit of a noob and would like to start filing things in even if Kodi does not support the library etc...  I could at least pin some favorite games/addons

RE: Aura - XtreMaster - 2019-01-31

if i want to see the plot of some movie in poster image on home screen, which is the button should be press ? 

thanks a lot, i was using fuse(neue) but was incompatible with new kodi leia and i give a try to this skin and im very glad with this one..

cheers

RE: Aura - Tragic - 2019-01-31

(2019-01-31, 16:43)91design Wrote: More or less with every skin I tried. Disabling Fullscreen Window mode helps a lot.
 If it's happening with every skin then its not an Aura issue, I'd recommend starting from a fresh install of Kodi and see how it performs. If that is fine then slowly add plugins until you find what is causing your issue. FWIW I don't have issues with window, full screen or exclusive fullscreen all running at 2160p on Windows.

RE: Aura - 91design - 2019-02-01

(2019-01-31, 23:04)Tragic Wrote:
(2019-01-31, 16:43)91design Wrote: More or less with every skin I tried. Disabling Fullscreen Window mode helps a lot.
 If it's happening with every skin then its not an Aura issue, I'd recommend starting from a fresh install of Kodi and see how it performs. If that is fine then slowly add plugins until you find what is causing your issue. FWIW I don't have issues with window, full screen or exclusive fullscreen all running at 2160p on Windows.

Already tried it with no luck (fps in the low 20s in Aura with an empty library). Other skins are faster, but not as responsive as when I disable fullscreen window (for example xperience1080 is locked at 60fps @4k).

RE: Aura - Blurayx - 2019-02-01

@jurialmunkey

There is one feature I forgot to ask you since the very first Aura release. Horizon & eminence 2 displayed "Last Episode Aired" would it be possible to add this feature before the official Leia repo release?  Smile
It doesn't have to be the full name of the episode just the numbers. e.g Episode Aired S01-E02

Thanks

RE: Aura - simouryou - 2019-02-01

@jurialmunkey 

Hey man, I'm a new user of this skin, i had Eminence 2.0 on Crypton, but now since the official Leia is here i moved on, i really like Aura and how fast it is, but I'm trying to replicate as best as i can my old skin setup to get the best of both worlds, at least until the new Arctic is here or maybe an eminence update, but I'm facing two little "bumps", both with widgets

1- The widget used to cycle through movies and TV shows in Eminence, but here they are static, is that how it is? or there is something i can do to make them cycle.
2- I want to have wide landscape TV shows fanarts like this Pïcture 1 because it looks more like boxes in my setup Picture 2 and i can't seem to find any option to change that.

Hope i didn't bother much, Thanks.

RE: Aura - Tragic - 2019-02-01

(2019-02-01, 19:13)simouryou Wrote: 2- I want to have wide landscape TV shows fanarts like this Pïcture 1 because it looks more like boxes in my setup Picture 2 and i can't seem to find any option to change that.

For this just edit your widgets in the skin settings (customise home menu/ widgets) and press the button that looks like a mountain in a box, this will cycle the picture style between square, poster & landscape

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-02

(2019-01-31, 21:55)shakuyi Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 23:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 21:32)Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote: its probably buried somewhere and I'm just overlooking it, but I could have sworn that I saw a post about game support for retro player being added in aura. The problem is I just cant seem to find it. Am I blind and missing something?
It's in Leia.

You just need to add a menu item with the action ActivateWindow(games) and then in that window add the location to your roms.

Keep in mind that Kodi's library support fot games is pretty limited at the moment - there are no scrapers, so it is pretty much just a file browser. All the required dialogs are skinned though, so everything works properly. 
 Thank you for this I was looking to see how to add the Games menu item.  By chance can you tell me how to add the Games add-on widget as well?  I did not see it in the list and am not sure what the proper command is.  If you have any other tips for customizing the Games section that would be great too Smile I am a bit of a noob and would like to start filing things in even if Kodi does not support the library etc...  I could at least pin some favorite games/addons

Yeah, SkinShortcuts needs to be updated to support games, but unfortunately both BobCratchett and marcelveldt are not around that much anymore to make updates.

You can add it as a widget manually.
1. Add the "Programs" widget (Add-ons > Programs)
2. Then click the spanner icon again to edit the widget - at the bottom of the list choose "Custom Item >"
3. For Roms, just enter the path to where they are stored (remember to use forward slashes / instead of backslashes \ ). OR for the standard games addons, the path is addons://sources/game

The standard games add-ons work pretty well as a widget because they have artwork etc. The rom paths work, but aren't much to look at!

(2019-02-01, 19:13)simouryou Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Hey man, I'm a new user of this skin, i had Eminence 2.0 on Crypton, but now since the official Leia is here i moved on, i really like Aura and how fast it is, but I'm trying to replicate as best as i can my old skin setup to get the best of both worlds, at least until the new Arctic is here or maybe an eminence update, but I'm facing two little "bumps", both with widgets

1- The widget used to cycle through movies and TV shows in Eminence, but here they are static, is that how it is? or there is something i can do to make them cycle.
2- I want to have wide landscape TV shows fanarts like this Pïcture 1 because it looks more like boxes in my setup Picture 2 and i can't seem to find any option to change that.

Hope i didn't bother much, Thanks.

There will hopefully be an Eminence update for Leia soon!

To answer Q1 - Yes, that is how it is. Because there are multiple widgets, it wouldn't make sense to have them cycling through as it would be very disorientating. If you want to have changing backgrounds, you can add a background for the menu item in the home customisation window. Just choose "multi image" and then select a path to a folder of fanarts. Alternatively, there are also a number of playlists provided which will draw images from your library (e.g. you can choose Random Movies to have random movie backgrounds from your library).

For Q2, see Tragic's answer a few posts above.

RE: Aura - simouryou - 2019-02-02

@jurialmunkey @Tragic 

Thank you guys for replying,
Now I'm starting to think that this landscape mode fanarts thing is more of an issue/error than settings, coz i already chose "Landscape" Picture 1 , which gave me this Picture 2,
and when i choose "Square" it gives me this Picture 3, which is so weird, they don't look like squares, do you have any idea what is causing this? i'm sure it's not a bug since no one else is complaining about this.
For the static widgets, well don't bother it's not a big deal, & you are right it will be disorientating for people who use multiple widgets, i will make do until Arctic 2 or Eminence update is here ( haha can't live without one of yours) .

Thanks a lot.

(2019-02-02, 02:27)simouryou Wrote: @jurialmunkey @Tragic 

Thank you guys for replying,
Now I'm starting to think that this landscape mode fanarts thing is more of an issue/error than settings, coz i already chose "Landscape" Picture 1 , which gave me this Picture 2,
and when i choose "Square" it gives me this Picture 3, which is so weird, they don't look like squares, do you have any idea what is causing this? i'm sure it's not a bug since no one else is complaining about this.
For the static widgets, well don't bother it's not a big deal, & you are right it will be disorientating for people who use multiple widgets, i will make do until Arctic 2 or Eminence update is here ( haha can't live without one of yours) .

Thanks a lot.

Looks like a resolution issue. Why is your resolution set to 1280x1024?

Are you using a 16:9 display? The skin is designed for 16:9 resolutions (e.g. 1920x1080, 1280x720, 3840x2160)
Make sure that your resolution settings match the correct resolution for your display (Settings > System > Display > Resolution)

RE: Video Library Update - Widget - pusb87 - 2019-02-02

(2019-01-30, 15:34)pusb87 Wrote: Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I am using both Kodi 17.6. and 18.0  and have a widget set up to show recently added movies to my locally stored (NAS) video library and a sub menu item for my movies collection to update the video library.

This works absolutely fine with Kodi 17.6 but doesnt work with Kodi 18.0   ...the widget refuses to update as new videos are added Sad

I am using the latest Aura for kodi 18  0.9.36

tia for any help
hi @jurialmunkey 

i can see that your around at the moment...did you have an opportunity to have a look at this by any chance ?
thanks Smile

RE: Video Library Update - Widget - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-02

(2019-02-02, 13:30)pusb87 Wrote:

Hope someone can help.

I am using both Kodi 17.6. and 18.0  and have a widget set up to show recently added movies to my locally stored (NAS) video library and a sub menu item for my movies collection to update the video library.

This works absolutely fine with Kodi 17.6 but doesnt work with Kodi 18.0   ...the widget refuses to update as new videos are added Sad

tia for any help
hi @jurialmunkey 

i can see that your around at the moment...did you have an opportunity to have a look at this by any chance ?
thanks Smile

Sounds like a core issue, as skins don't control when containers update.
Which specific widget are you using, or is it a custom widget?

If it is the standard widget (Default Widgets > Movies > Recently Added Movies), then it definitely sounds like a core bug.
Check if you can reproduce the issue in Estuary with its recently added widget. If you can, then you should definitely report the bug on the kodi github:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

RE: Video Library Update - Widget - pusb87 - 2019-02-02

(2019-02-02, 14:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 13:30)pusb87 Wrote:

Hope someone can help.

tia for any help
hi @jurialmunkey 

thanks Smile  

Sounds like a core issue, as skins don't control when containers update.
Which specific widget are you using, or is it a custom widget?

If it is the standard widget (Default Widgets > Movies > Recently Added Movies), then it definitely sounds like a core bug.
Check if you can reproduce the issue in Estuary with its recently added widget. If you can, then you should definitely report the bug on the kodi github:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues  
@jurialmunkey 

thanks for getting back
afaik its a standard widget, in fact ones that you help me set up  in this post  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328558&pid=2753890#pid2753890

here is a screen shot of the widget setting....the recently addded movies one works OK.... the unwatched movies ones are a bit random in that it sometimes sort of works but not all recently added and unwatched movies show up !!

Aura - Joe23rep - 2019-02-02

my kodi auto updated to kodi 18 and now my beloved horizon doesn't work anymore.

installed aura and its great too.

just have one issue- probably just a setting issue.

when i start a video it stays at the normal screen where i selected the movie. i can here the movie playing in the background but i have to press "tab" everytime to finally see the movie.

anyone know what ive to do so when i click play i get the movie without pressing "tab"?