Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - Carnajo - 2019-02-02

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered but the thread is 90 pages long already and search didn't quite help. As a bit of a pleb, how do I install this when running Kodi on nVidia shield (given that I can't just download from github)?

Aura - Joe23rep - 2019-02-02

u can download from github. just go into Chrome and go to the github site. set the page to desktop mode. then u can download the leia version.

then in kodi simply install from zip file. move to your download folder and select the aura zip.

if it doesn't work (on my shield it did) just download the file from a pc or mac or what ever and then put it on a usb stick or upload it to your cloud

RE: Aura - Edworld - 2019-02-03

feature request:

Add the option to display ratings (meracritics, rotten, etc) in dialogvideoinfo if information is available in nfo

thanks for your consideration....

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-03

(2019-02-03, 00:02)Edworld Wrote: feature request:

Add the option to display ratings (meracritics, rotten, etc) in dialogvideoinfo if information is available in nfo

thanks for your consideration....
I tried this in the past, but there was some bug in core which was causing problems. From memory, it was because the info labels don't return an empty value when empty or outside the info dialog - this makes it impossible to check if they are actually empty!

I will see if I can find the posts about it and what the exact problem was, because it might have been fix by now.

RE: Aura - simouryou - 2019-02-03

(2019-02-02, 05:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 02:27)simouryou Wrote: @jurialmunkey @Tragic 

Thank you guys for replying,
Now I'm starting to think that this landscape mode fanarts thing is more of an issue/error than settings, coz i already chose "Landscape" Picture 1 , which gave me this Picture 2,
and when i choose "Square" it gives me this Picture 3, which is so weird, they don't look like squares, do you have any idea what is causing this? i'm sure it's not a bug since no one else is complaining about this.
For the static widgets, well don't bother it's not a big deal, & you are right it will be disorientating for people who use multiple widgets, i will make do until Arctic 2 or Eminence update is here ( haha can't live without one of yours) .

Thanks a lot.

Looks like a resolution issue. Why is your resolution set to 1280x1024?

Are you using a 16:9 display? The skin is designed for 16:9 resolutions (e.g. 1920x1080, 1280x720, 3840x2160)
Make sure that your resolution settings match the correct resolution for your display (Settings > System > Display > Resolution)     
Ah! actually, it did pop up into my head for a second, and i was going to mention that my screen resolution is 1280x1024 because my display is 5:4 ( don't ask me why i have a monitor like that, long story.. ), damn, this means I'm missing a lot of the beauty of your skin, not just the landscape artworks Sad
is there any way to make it thinks I'm having 16:9 display? not the whole skin, just this artworks at least (editing some XML files maybe, if you allow me, or something similar) I'm fine messing with this stuff, i actually like it if i have a good guidance.

thank you.

also i want to say i am around if you need some beta / alpha testers, i know i'm new here in the community, but i am not in the Kodi world, i actually created an account only to express my appreciation for your work after i heard you will be doing an Eminence update Big Grin

(2019-02-03, 02:59)simouryou Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 05:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 02:27)simouryou Wrote: @jurialmunkey @Tragic 

Thank you guys for replying,
Now I'm starting to think that this landscape mode fanarts thing is more of an issue/error than settings, coz i already chose "Landscape" Picture 1 , which gave me this Picture 2,
and when i choose "Square" it gives me this Picture 3, which is so weird, they don't look like squares, do you have any idea what is causing this? i'm sure it's not a bug since no one else is complaining about this.
For the static widgets, well don't bother it's not a big deal, & you are right it will be disorientating for people who use multiple widgets, i will make do until Arctic 2 or Eminence update is here ( haha can't live without one of yours) .

Thanks a lot.

Looks like a resolution issue. Why is your resolution set to 1280x1024?

Are you using a 16:9 display? The skin is designed for 16:9 resolutions (e.g. 1920x1080, 1280x720, 3840x2160)
Make sure that your resolution settings match the correct resolution for your display (Settings > System > Display > Resolution)     
Ah! actually, it did pop up into my head for a second, and i was going to mention that my screen resolution is 1280x1024 because my display is 5:4 ( don't ask me why i have a monitor like that, long story.. ), damn, this means I'm missing a lot of the beauty of your skin, not just the landscape artworks Sad
is there any way to make it thinks I'm having 16:9 display? not the whole skin, just this artworks at least (editing some XML files maybe, if you allow me, or something similar) I'm fine messing with this stuff, i actually like it if i have a good guidance.

thank you.

also i want to say i am around if you need some beta / alpha testers, i know i'm new here in the community, but i am not in the Kodi world, i actually created an account only to express my appreciation for your work after i heard you will be doing an Eminence update Big Grin

Yeah, not much you can do about it. The whole skin would need to be redesigned for the different screen ratio, as elements are positioned and sized based upon relative screen coordinates. Because your display is not 16:9, kodi is stretching the vertical coordinates to accommodate.

I actually just submitted Eminence to official Leia repo, so hopefully should pop-up sometime in the next fortnight.

RE: Aura - anthman20 - 2019-02-03

I used search to see if I could find a comment about this, but didn't see one anywhere. If I have an add-on that is using trakt and is set up as a widget, is there any way to get an indicator on the item of unwatched episodes for a show or progress in to a movie?

I just threw the zip on a thumb drive and plugged it in to shield and installed from there

(2019-02-02, 18:51)Carnajo Wrote: Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered but the thread is 90 pages long already and search didn't quite help. As a bit of a pleb, how do I install this when running Kodi on nVidia shield (given that I can't just download from github)?
 sorry, meant to throw that last reply on here. I put it on a thumb drive and installed from that on to my shield

RE: Aura - dainfamousjn - 2019-02-03

Love the skin. Is there anyway to add info to the guide? That would make the skin perfect!

RE: Aura - justin150 - 2019-02-03

With Kodi 18 I am taking the opportunity to broaden my horizons on skins for various family builds I maintain.

Big fan of jurialmonkey's work.  I use his Horizon skin for my TV Build and (Fuse)neue for my tablet.

I was thinking about replacing the tablet skin with Aura (which does seem to work well on a touch screen) but I have run into a small problem with the category widget.  In Horizon the icons in the category widget were square (this makes sense most add ons icons are 512x512 square), in Aura they are not (landscape??) and of course I had spent many hours creating some very pretty square icons !  How do I get the category wizard to use square icons only - I have tried every button in customisation to no effect.

I am happy to make changes in the XMLs - I just don't know what I am looking for

(2019-02-03, 18:27)justin150 Wrote: With Kodi 18 I am taking the opportunity to broaden my horizons on skins for various family builds I maintain.

Big fan of jurialmonkey's work.  I use his Horizon skin for my TV Build and (Fuse)neue for my tablet.

I was thinking about replacing the tablet skin with Aura (which does seem to work well on a touch screen) but I have run into a small problem with the category widget.  In Horizon the icons in the category widget were square (this makes sense most add ons icons are 512x512 square), in Aura they are not (landscape??) and of course I had spent many hours creating some very pretty square icons !  How do I get the category wizard to use square icons only - I have tried every button in customisation to no effect.

I am happy to make changes in the XMLs - I just don't know what I am looking for
Turn off "category widget text" in skin settings.

RE: Aura - simouryou - 2019-02-04

(2019-02-03, 03:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-03, 02:59)simouryou Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 05:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looks like a resolution issue. Why is your resolution set to 1280x1024?

thank you.

Yeah, not much you can do about it. The whole skin would need to be redesigned for the different screen ratio, as elements are positioned and sized based upon relative screen coordinates. Because your display is not 16:9, kodi is stretching the vertical coordinates to accommodate.

I actually just submitted Eminence to official Leia repo, so hopefully should pop-up sometime in the next fortnight.   

Oh! man, it's really frustrating, knowing you can't get something working the way it's meant to be, how it's creator want's it to be Sad

On the other hand, I'm so delighted to hear these news about Eminence, I'm more than confident it will be some next level stuff, like the work you have been teasing of the AZ II, it is breath taking, thank you for that.

(just hope you will somehow find a way to push an option, in your upcoming skins, for us 4:3/ 5:4 users, that makes artworks remain in their 16:9 aspect ratio, if it's possible and wont cause further skinning complications, just hoping, if not, we will still fall in love with your work Nod ).

RE: Aura - simbesh - 2019-02-04

I've got a small issue if anyone knows of a solution, when browsing a list of episodes in a video add-on it correctly displays a tick for watched episodes but when i setup the directory as a widget there is no indication of if each episode is watched or not, (i've tried all 3 display modes (landscape, square, picture)

TIA!

Aura - Joe23rep - 2019-02-04

hey jurial -

can u explain me how i change the weather icons from the flat white icons to the nicer onces?

i went to the includes topbar. xml file and changed line 621 from .weathericons.white to .weathericons.default

in horizon this seemed to do the trick cuz its working there.

everything else i changed worked out fine but this one doesn't.

oh- and a feature request for the leia version of horizon- could u implement the same code u used in aura which lets the skin update itself? in horizon i always had to reload the skin to get the Youtube widget to show the newest videos in my sub box. in aura it always renews that from alone and thats awesome.

edit: found it. it was row 234. all good now