Kodi Community Forum
Release Aura - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Aura (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=295)
+----- Thread: Release Aura (/showthread.php?tid=328558)

RE: Aura - jarlave - 2019-02-10

Hi,

I'm trying to sort the in progress shows widget so it shows the last played one first, but the AZ button in the widget customisation doesn't do anything.
I already cleared the folder script.skinshortcuts in userdata to start new, but nothing.

I'm using an Android Shield TV (shouldn't matter) and the latest Kodi release (18).

Is there anything else I should delete in userdata to make it work? I only used the default estuary skin before

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-10, 23:42)jarlave Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to sort the in progress shows widget so it shows the last played one first, but the AZ button in the widget customisation doesn't do anything.
I already cleared the folder script.skinshortcuts in userdata to start new, but nothing.

I'm using an Android Shield TV (shouldn't matter) and the latest Kodi release (18).

Is there anything else I should delete in userdata to make it work? I only used the default estuary skin before
What do you mean it doesn't do anything? As in it doesn't popup a dialog to enter a choice or that what you have enter is ineffective?

If it's not popping up a dialog, check that you have installed skin helper - you can install it from the dependicies section of skin settings.

RE: Aura - bryan1 - 2019-02-11

Try via playlist. I have a 4k playlist widget and it does the job

(2019-02-10, 19:48)Lenias Wrote: Hi !

Is there a way to only display 4K movies in a widget ?

RE: Aura - jarlave - 2019-02-11

Looks like I missed skin helper, now I feel dumb, everything works now Big Grin

RE: Aura - Mr Cellophane - 2019-02-11

Hello and thank you for the fantastic skin, I have been using Titan for quite some time now and have just moved over to Leia and found your skin. As you know Titan is very configurable and I do miss a few things so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction or advise please (I apologise in advance if these have already been asked/answered) - also sorry about all of the below questions.

Music:
- The only view appears to be List but this only shows the name of the artist and not the actual track name (even though there is a lo of screen real estate left after the artist name) - Could either the track name be listed or another view made available that would show this information?
- Also when you go into full screen mode for music would it be possible to display all of the tracks on the album you are playing so that you can easily choose another one from the same album? Is there a way to force Full Screen mode when playing music?
- There appears to e a bug in music in that if you click on show album info it just puts the information over the existing info and everything is doubled/blurred
- Is there an easy way to get to the Now Playing info on the Home Screen?

Backgrounds:
- Is there, or could there be an option to remove all background effects so that they are just "clean" images?
- For some reason I cannot get any of the TV Show options to show a background in that listing - Any ideas please? (If I choose one of the movie background options that shows fine)
- Any chance you can add more background options please? For example in Titan I can choose Random Photos and this then shows random pictures from my stored photos?
- Any chance you can add a Dynamic Weather background option?
- The Music background (For example Random Artists) takes a long time to populate and often goes blank between images
- Extended Info seemed to offer more choices for backgrounds could that be added as an option to choose backgrounds please?

Power Menu:
- There is a customisable Power Menu option but I cannot see how I actually get this onto the main menu system - Currently I have added Power Off and Reboot as shortcut commands to the Settings header, is there a better way of doing this please? Perhaps press Down to the bottom of a screen to get to the Power Menu, this is how you can do it in Titan

Header / Home Screen:
- Any chance you can add the option to have the current date to the header screen along with the temperature and time please?

Alphabet strip:
- Hopefully a small thing but I have noticed that if you have the alphabet strip enabled it flashes briefly as you go up and down etc in your movies list

Again apologies for the long list, I hope that all makes sense.

RE: Aura - hn3012 - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-11, 13:23)Mr Cellophane Wrote: Backgrounds:
- Is there, or could there be an option to remove all background effects so that they are just "clean" images?
 Please do this 
One could rename the white.png image on git source to get the effect, but its not posible in the release version  Wink

RE: Aura - SimonC - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-09, 22:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 14:56)SimonC Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 14:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: In the top menu where you change the viewtype, click the lock icon. That will force the current view to always be used for that content type (e.g. for all episode views, or all season views etc.) 
 Is there anyway to just have it remember automatically?  Once you lock the view it's all or nothing.  Example; I lock showcase to TV but then load a game list in IAGL and I'm stuck in showcase view or not being able to use different views for movies or recently added movies etc.
Kodi should already remember what view you set - but it does mean that you have to set each view individually first.

Sometimes the dB for viewtype can get messy - if views are not being remembered correctly then sometimes it can be worth deleting the viewtypes.db from the userdata folder (or your profile folder, if using profiles). 
 No luck, deleting the ViewModes6.db did not work. 

I have my movies/tv spread across multiple drives and my Windows 10 power settings set to balanced.  When I access the movies or TV sections after a while of inactivity I can hear the drives spinning up and that seems as though when it happens the most.  However, I've seen this view reset to list in addons also.  I will switch over to clean build and see if the problem follows me, I did a quick test last night with Titant Mod and it seemed OK.

RE: Aura - nuwonda - 2019-02-11

Great skin! Switched over from eminence.

3 suggestions:
1) add the path to file info as in eminence
2) add media info 2 view with poster|fanary split
3) is it possible to display bitratre for h265 8bit/10bit? Maybe have some snazzy icons for it ?

Plus maybe save some space in some views by reducing line spacing between
Title...
genre...
Meta data icons...
Leaves little space for plot summary beneath

Again, great work!
Cheers!

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-10, 22:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 18:41)Naving Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 12:38)djoole Wrote: Thanks for the info. Well I guess we'll have to do with it Smile
Anyway keep up the good work, this skin is very cool. I loved (fuse)neue and miss some stuff, like :
- number of items in views/widgets,
- useful shortcuts in OSD (subtitles resync, subtitle download and audio track selection)

Do you plan by any chance to add this stuff? If not I may try to look at xml in fuse and try to add them by myself Smile
+1

Direct shortcuts in OSD to enable/switch subtitles, download subtitles and switch audio track are extremely useful. I miss them in Aura too (especially since Horizon and (fuse)neue skins are not available in Leia) 

On the OSD, the speech bubble with three dots downloads/enables/switches subs -
If the movie has subs, it will enable/switch subs. If the movie doesn't have subs, it will open the download subtitles dialog.
You can get to more subtitle options from the options gear icon at the end. I don't want to clutter the OSD with too many buttons, but I can add a direct audio track switch in the options gear menu. 
Yes please Smile

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-11

(2019-02-10, 14:28)olympus Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 12:38)djoole Wrote: - number of items in views/widgets,

You can see the number of items in views if you move to the scrollbar. 
I can't see what you mean. Maybe in a specific view? I use poster walls.
Where am I supposed to see the number of items?

(2019-02-11, 20:42)djoole Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 14:28)olympus Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 12:38)djoole Wrote: - number of items in views/widgets,

You can see the number of items in views if you move to the scrollbar. 
I can't see what you mean. Maybe in a specific view? I use poster walls.
Where am I supposed to see the number of items?
Select the scroll bar on the right and the clock changes to show the number of items and pages.

(2019-02-11, 13:23)Mr Cellophane Wrote: Hello and thank you for the fantastic skin, I have been using Titan for quite some time now and have just moved over to Leia and found your skin. As you know Titan is very configurable and I do miss a few things so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction or advise please (I apologise in advance if these have already been asked/answered) - also sorry about all of the below questions.

Music:
(1) The only view appears to be List but this only shows the name of the artist and not the actual track name (even though there is a lo of screen real estate left after the artist name) - Could either the track name be listed or another view made available that would show this information?
(2) Also when you go into full screen mode for music would it be possible to display all of the tracks on the album you are playing so that you can easily choose another one from the same album? Is there a way to force Full Screen mode when playing music?
(3) There appears to e a bug in music in that if you click on show album info it just puts the information over the existing info and everything is doubled/blurred
(4) Is there an easy way to get to the Now Playing info on the Home Screen?

Backgrounds:
(5) Is there, or could there be an option to remove all background effects so that they are just "clean" images?
(6) For some reason I cannot get any of the TV Show options to show a background in that listing - Any ideas please? (If I choose one of the movie background options that shows fine)
(7) Any chance you can add more background options please? For example in Titan I can choose Random Photos and this then shows random pictures from my stored photos?
(8) Any chance you can add a Dynamic Weather background option?
(9) The Music background (For example Random Artists) takes a long time to populate and often goes blank between images
(10) Extended Info seemed to offer more choices for backgrounds could that be added as an option to choose backgrounds please?

Power Menu:
(11) There is a customisable Power Menu option but I cannot see how I actually get this onto the main menu system - Currently I have added Power Off and Reboot as shortcut commands to the Settings header, is there a better way of doing this please? Perhaps press Down to the bottom of a screen to get to the Power Menu, this is how you can do it in Titan

Header / Home Screen:
(12) Any chance you can add the option to have the current date to the header screen along with the temperature and time please?

Alphabet strip:
(13) Hopefully a small thing but I have noticed that if you have the alphabet strip enabled it flashes briefly as you go up and down etc in your movies list

Again apologies for the long list, I hope that all makes sense.

(1) - Are you talking about songs views, because there are many views for albums/artists. In songs view, there is only the list view. What is shown depends on how you've setup track naming in kodi settings. Settings > Library > Track Naming Template
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Music#Track_naming_template

(2)
"Skin Settings > Video / Music OSD > Automatically open visualisation after starting a song"
You can see your currently playing playlist by opening the osd controls and then clicking the playlist icon.

(3) Where are you getting this "show album information" option from? I can't see that anywhere and it shouldn't be in the skin.

(4) Press Back?

(5) Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Background overlay (off) and Background vignette (off). IF you want greater transparency, you need to tweak the Fanartfade definitions in the colors/defaults.xml - I don't recommend setting no transparency as you wont be able to read anything on screen.

(6) Are they in your library and have you added artwork for them?

(7) I'll look into it, but this skin is not really focused on background art - its not that type of skin.

(8) Already there, just install weatherfanart.multi from Skin Settings > Dependencies.

(9) Nothing to do with the skin and everything to do with the addon supplying those images. Likely from skinhelper backgrounds.

(10) Like what? I don't see any background options from extendedinfo

(11) Press S on keyboard. Or bind a key or shortcut to
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)

(12) No. It's too crowded.

RE: Aura - Naving - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-10, 18:41)Naving Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 12:38)djoole Wrote:  

Direct shortcuts in OSD to enable/switch subtitles, download subtitles and switch audio track are extremely useful. I miss them in Aura too (especially since Horizon and (fuse)neue skins are not available in Leia)    

If the movie has subs, it will enable/switch subs. If the movie doesn't have subs, it will open the download subtitles dialog.
You can get to more subtitle options from the options gear icon at the end. I don't want to clutter the OSD with too many buttons, but I can add a direct audio track switch in the options gear menu.    

Please don't get me wrong... you're doing great work and the skins are lovely and very appreciated.

However, I don't think adding these shortcuts is cluttering OSD with too many buttons. To be honest, this type of functionality - download subtitles, switch/shift subtitles and switch audio track - cover 99% of what I typically do in OSD. I use these even more often than play/stop/pause/shift because (unlike the above) these are directly bound to buttons on TV remote control.

If the functionality to work with audio/subtitles is "hidden" in a submenu it means that in order to activate it I need to do several *times* more clicks on a remote control to get to it. I.e. adding it to gear (sub)menu will help a bit but is still far from ideal.

I understand the need to keep the design clean but at the same time UX is very important too. After all, Horizon and (fuse)neue are yours too and the OSD in them doesn't look cluttered. I'd love to have a skin with Horizon/fuse-like OSD available in Leia.

BTW are there some statistics available which functionality/menuitems people use the most?

RE: Aura - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 00:15)Naving Wrote:
(2019-02-10, 18:41)Naving Wrote: Direct shortcuts in OSD to enable/switch subtitles, download subtitles and switch audio track are extremely useful. I miss them in Aura too (especially since Horizon and (fuse)neue skins are not available in Leia)    

Please don't get me wrong... you're doing great work and the skins are lovely and very appreciated.

However, I don't think adding these shortcuts is cluttering OSD with too many buttons. To be honest, this type of functionality - download subtitles, switch/shift subtitles and switch audio track - cover 99% of what I typically do in OSD. I use these even more often than play/stop/pause/shift because (unlike the above) these are directly bound to buttons on TV remote control.

If the functionality to work with audio/subtitles is "hidden" in a submenu it means that in order to activate it I need to do several *times* more clicks on a remote control to get to it. I.e. adding it to gear (sub)menu will help a bit but is still far from ideal.

I understand the need to keep the design clean but at the same time UX is very important too. After all, Horizon and (fuse)neue are yours too and the OSD in them doesn't look cluttered. I'd love to have a skin with Horizon/fuse-like OSD available in Leia.

BTW are there some statistics available which functionality/menuitems people use the most?
I'm not disagreeing Smile

The subtitle functionality is already there and combined into one button which I find works really well. The only thing missing is the audio track switch, which I doubt is used as much as subtitles. Ill see what I can do - the challenge is also making it clear what the button does.

I agree about not using the other buttons because of having them as remote buttons - but some people have really simplified 6 button remotes (dpad, ok, back). Also I map my commonly used osd functions to my remote (eg subs change is the * on the number pad of my MCE remote), so I rarely use the osd controls at all except to go into the settings menus.

No I don't have any stats - kodi doesn't collect any info about what users do and we are pretty against anything even remotely along those lines.

RE: Aura - djoole - 2019-02-12

I didn't know the subtitles switch buttons acts as download subs button when there are no subs. Main reason is my shows always have subs Smile but not always good ones.
So I would be glad to if there was a direct shortcut in OSD to dl subs.
As for audio switch, being french I use that a lot : default language is set to french for the kids, but I use myself only original version. So everytime I watch something that has EN and FR tracks, I need to manually switch to EN.

As for not cluttering OSD, you could maybe make it a toggable option : "enhanced OSD" which would display 3 more buttons :
- audio switch
- download subtitles
- adjust subtitle delay