Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-06-14

@cartman.dos or anyone else in this thread that might know. I'm trying to make tags for each person in my family, how can I generate a tag like your 'mylist' tag. I have tag generator installed but it isn't working and I have tag manager installed which sees your 'mylist' tag. Is there a way for me to create a tag, maybe in a xml or text document? 

Any help is appreciated!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-14

(2019-06-14, 16:15)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: @cartman.dos or anyone else in this thread that might know. I'm trying to make tags for each person in my family, how can I generate a tag like your 'mylist' tag. I have tag generator installed but it isn't working and I have tag manager installed which sees your 'mylist' tag. Is there a way for me to create a tag, maybe in a xml or text document? 

Any help is appreciated!

you can easily change tags from within kodi. first make sure that setting to show parent items is on (media settings -> general tab).
Then go to media settings -> video tab and enter your videos node, go to the parent item (pressing the '...' item).
Then enter movies/tvshows, you should now have a item named 'tags' from which you can change/add/remove tags for you library items.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-06-14

@cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-06-14

(2019-06-13, 11:06)cartman.dos Wrote: Regarding compiling Kodi - these are pretty easy to follow instructions for doing so
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md
It's not too complicated for windows (not UWP), for android it's a bit trickier since you can't use windows platform for that, you can run linux on vm though, and if using latest ubuntu you'd probably need to degrade java to v8 and install clang. Plus, you'd need to override the privately signed key when installing on the android platform...
This is as far as i'm willing to help on the matter, there are dedicated sub forums for that.

If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote: @cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
There are 3 kinds of images here: clearlogo (title of the movie), landscape (movie thumb) and fanart (the bg image).
They are all fetched automatically by artwork beef.
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote: If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer. 

This is another cool one to keep an eye on
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16225
I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so....

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - ahsome - 2019-06-15

(2019-05-27, 21:55)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 21:41)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 19:53)cartman.dos Wrote: So atm it will only work if I know in advance which widget position it is in (e.g the 4th widget).
I'm trying to figure out some hack of making it work in any case but my only ideas for that requires huge changes...
it actually does auto play trailer in the widget itself, which is cool. but due to kodi refresh onplay/stop it will not work as should, the content will change when video is starting....so unless a core change is done within kodi it won't be possible (it works just fine on my own kodi build with that refresh feature shut off).
On top of that i'm trying to make some core changes to the all way that fixed vertical is working and make the transition from one to another more netflix-y (with fade animations, etc...) but it's tricky af. 
4th widget is fine that's exactly where the Netflix originals are at ATM in Netflix . Sure would be nice if you shared that Kodi fork build of yours with the refresh disabled in git or elsewhere until Kodi makes the core changes.  

I'm pretty sure I can't share my build because of copyrights, also i've only compiled for windows x64 and android aarch.
I just need the help of a kodi dev to make it work and help implementing...
I'm not sure that the widget would hold much value without it auto-playing like it should... 
Is it possible for you to share the build, or at least which area in the code is for this refresh? I would love to remove it on my computer, the refresh is incredibly annoying

(2019-06-15, 13:43)ahsome Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 21:55)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 21:41)cscott1 Wrote: 4th widget is fine that's exactly where the Netflix originals are at ATM in Netflix . Sure would be nice if you shared that Kodi fork build of yours with the refresh disabled in git or elsewhere until Kodi makes the core changes.  

I'm pretty sure I can't share my build because of copyrights, also i've only compiled for windows x64 and android aarch.
I just need the help of a kodi dev to make it work and help implementing...
I'm not sure that the widget would hold much value without it auto-playing like it should...  
Is it possible for you to share the build, or at least which area in the code is for this refresh? I would love to remove it on my computer, the refresh is incredibly annoying 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=334820&pid=2859768#pid2859768

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 11:06)cartman.dos Wrote: Regarding compiling Kodi - these are pretty easy to follow instructions for doing so
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md
It's not too complicated for windows (not UWP), for android it's a bit trickier since you can't use windows platform for that, you can run linux on vm though, and if using latest ubuntu you'd probably need to degrade java to v8 and install clang. Plus, you'd need to override the privately signed key when installing on the android platform...
This is as far as i'm willing to help on the matter, there are dedicated sub forums for that.

If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.

On holiday atm, but if I have some spare time afterwards, I'll try for Windows and if successful, Android (Fire TV Stick 4K) and Raspberry Pi. I run a variant of Debian Linux in a VM on my Windows machine so I can rollback if it doesn't work.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-14, 16:50)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 16:15)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: @cartman.dos or anyone else in this thread that might know. I'm trying to make tags for each person in my family, how can I generate a tag like your 'mylist' tag. I have tag generator installed but it isn't working and I have tag manager installed which sees your 'mylist' tag. Is there a way for me to create a tag, maybe in a xml or text document? 

Any help is appreciated!

you can easily change tags from within kodi. first make sure that setting to show parent items is on (media settings -> general tab).
Then go to media settings -> video tab and enter your videos node, go to the parent item (pressing the '...' item).
Then enter movies/tvshows, you should now have a item named 'tags' from which you can change/add/remove tags for you library items. 
Thx!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-14, 20:52)ZachMurphy Wrote: @cartman.dos how can I get a image as the spotlight title? Such as like in this screenshot of yours? 

Do you have universal movie scraper installed?
If so, it will grab the clear logo for the title in the spotlight but it wont grab it for the individual thumbs in each row. To get the fanart thumbs in each row to have clear logo instead plain text, you need to setup library integration with a plugin like OpenMeta or any *MOD EDIT* fork and also have Artwork Beef installed.

Hope this helps

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Klojum - 2019-06-15

@Seattle2Nashville

If you do not want to have your stay on this forum abruptly shortened, then stop mentioning solutions such as banned add-ons, forks and the like.

@cartman.dos I tried to compile the code myself, both from your fork and the original fork, but it keeps failing at building FFMPEG:

Any idea on what could be causing it? Seems to be with avcodec.lib, but I'm not sure how to fix it, and Google hasn't prove useful

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-06-15

(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:

I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
There are 3 kinds of images here: clearlogo (title of the movie), landscape (movie thumb) and fanart (the bg image).
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote: If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer. 

I remember u wanted that feature some time ago and I told you it's kodi core, well someone implemented it Wink
I'll probably compile it myself sometime in the future if it won't get approved but it pretty much kills my laptop for a good 6-8 hours, so.... 

Oh, Artwork Beef. That explains why it isn't working for me. Everytime I try to click on script.artwork.beef to install it, nothing pops up on the screen to install it. Is there any other way to install it?

(2019-06-15, 17:20)ZachMurphy Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote:

Oh, Artwork Beef. That explains why it isn't working for me. Everytime I try to click on script.artwork.beef to install it, nothing pops up on the screen to install it. Is there any other way to install it? 

I assume you don't have Rector Stuff Repo installed, which is also available in Bingie Repo btw, AND all of this is mentioned and explained in the first post of this thread ;]

Also, is it possible so that the text from the Splash screen have a slight drop shadow? Otherwise, it sometimes blends with the background and you cannot read it