Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - mardukL - 2019-07-16

(2019-07-16, 03:34)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 02:51)mardukL Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 02:09)daking1512 Wrote: I tried to apply it on the episode level but nothing changes, the netflix view isnt even available when the container is "episodes"

for example on Titan MOD it works, So i expected Bingie should have it working since its based on it

on my mod its at season level.
on bingie mod its changed to episode level as a workaraound to toggle watched/unwatched (w key) the focused episode instead the whole season.

try again to navigate from a season (try with list view) to episode, than you xan set 'bingie episodes' as your viewtype.

Not really a workaround tho, the real reason for it is that using folder path is dependent on having an organized seasons structure that each folder leads to its episodes. In the only addon I use for example it's not like that and that will be a mess in this view. Using native paths of Kodi gives native support like you said and regardless of files structure.

Also if using the skin as it was intended user should get to all episodes view directly from the info dialog (like in titan mod it directs to season level).

I rather not have functionality that I know upfront is only gonna work sometimes...i know that's a bummer for some of the addon reliant users out there but hacky features and plugin content is a bad mix, there's no convention enforcement so anyone can do what they want. BTW - if the plugin is actually well organized then it will be easy to use library integration. Then all features of the skin will work, plus everything will be faster.

ah , thanks for clarifying . ;-)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-16

(2019-07-16, 13:50)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 03:34)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 02:51)mardukL Wrote: on my mod its at season level.
on bingie mod its changed to episode level as a workaraound to toggle watched/unwatched (w key) the focused episode instead the whole season.

try again to navigate from a season (try with list view) to episode, than you xan set 'bingie episodes' as your viewtype.  

Not really a workaround tho, the real reason for it is that using folder path is dependent on having an organized seasons structure that each folder leads to its episodes. In the only addon I use for example it's not like that and that will be a mess in this view. Using native paths of Kodi gives native support like you said and regardless of files structure.

Also if using the skin as it was intended user should get to all episodes view directly from the info dialog (like in titan mod it directs to season level).

I rather not have functionality that I know upfront is only gonna work sometimes...i know that's a bummer for some of the addon reliant users out there but hacky features and plugin content is a bad mix, there's no convention enforcement so anyone can do what they want. BTW - if the plugin is actually well organized then it will be easy to use library integration. Then all features of the skin will work, plus everything will be faster.  

What is the proper folder structure?

In bingie there is no 'proper' structure that's the all point. The second method requires $tvshowpath/season x/episodes structure.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-16

(2019-07-16, 14:28)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 13:50)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-16, 03:34)cartman.dos Wrote: Not really a workaround tho, the real reason for it is that using folder path is dependent on having an organized seasons structure that each folder leads to its episodes. In the only addon I use for example it's not like that and that will be a mess in this view. Using native paths of Kodi gives native support like you said and regardless of files structure.

What is the proper folder structure? 

In bingie there is no 'proper' structure that's the all point. The second method requires $tvshowpath/season x/episodes structure. 
Ah okay, thank you for clarifying.

(2019-05-28, 15:20)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-05-28, 15:14)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-05-27, 22:08)ZachMurphy Wrote: Okay, cool thank you. Maybe, you should push a new official update? If so, that would be awesome, if not that works too. How do, I make it re-cache everything? Or does it do that on it's own.@louisefindlay23 OR @cartman.dos
Could you please tell me how I can make the thermal image disappear?

I prefer pushing updates whenever I've done a few changes/fixes, I tend to keep my dev git updated as I finish each change.
The re-caching is handled automatically in the background by Kodi.
Not sure what you guys are referring with the thermal image, sorry.  

It's on Raspberry Pi's. Basically when it's overheating a thermometer icon appears on screen. @ZachMurphy, according to this post, add avoid_warnings=1 to /boot/config.txt. Not sure which OS it's refering to though. 
Thanks, @louisefindlay23. This post helped me once again.

I know, that this is a bit off-topic for this thread, but I don't see an Repository Section on these Forums. What is the largest Repository of all kinds of Addon's out there? I am suspecting that the Kodi Repository is the largest?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - User 436809 - 2019-07-17

I solved the above question. No reason, to answer it.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-07-17

(2019-07-15, 17:53)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I've noticed in 1.0.3RC-1 that extended artwork isn't working unless its downloaded locally by artwork beef. I was able to get this working with addons in 1.0.2 but not the current RC. Tried on shield, PC and Mac (with and without the skin helper/ cherry.py fix)
(2019-07-15, 18:19)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Sorry last post didn't embed so here's just a link to the pictures showing the artwork issue

@cartman.dos @Zachary.Murphy 

https://imgur.com/a/sYCm4cH

Didn't quite get what the issue here exactly?

I am currently receiving an bug in which the settings options is to far left on the screen. @cartman.dos

(2019-07-17, 17:19)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: I am currently receiving an bug in which the settings options is to far left on the screen. @cartman.dos
(2018-08-22, 02:17)cartman.dos Wrote: If you're experiencing any issues - please add some background information about the system you're running it on - OS, Kodi build is the bare minimum, in addition to the problem description. And sometimes there's no escape from a proper debug log.
and do me a favor, be specific and descriptive as you can to help me help you.

It's starting to feel repetitive, 'settings options' are available in myriad places in the skin, if your not being descriptive enough and supply steps to reproduce I can't help.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Video Titles - 2019-07-17

(2019-07-17, 19:14)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-17, 17:19)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: I am currently receiving an bug in which the settings options is to far left on the screen. @cartman.dos
(2018-08-22, 02:17)cartman.dos Wrote: If you're experiencing any issues - please add some background information about the system you're running it on - OS, Kodi build is the bare minimum, in addition to the problem description. And sometimes there's no escape from a proper debug log.

It's starting to feel repetitive, 'settings options' are available in myriad places in the skin, if your not being descriptive enough and supply steps to reproduce I can't help. 

If it helps. I still LOVE you for creating this. Please remember that, instead of pulling your hair out with others.

However, I will leave you with two bugs, while I was not thinking about bugs

I am using the github version

1) When you get to the bottom of your hubs, it loses the bottom of the screen, so the rectangle which should be on a movie thumb it is above, if you go down a bit further, then it shows up a whole lot of movie thumbs, go down a bit further then it goes back to normal, if you want I can screenshot

2) The amount of widgets does not seem to work, they all seem to default to 25 widgets, if I am using the correct word. I want my newly added to show 200 movies for example, I set that in the skin, but it only shows 25.

I suddenly remembered that I did not have an advancedsettings in my folder, so I created one and put recentlyaddeditems at 250 and now every hub is 250, which is fantastic as that is what I wanted.

However, breath, and remember I LOVE you for creating this work of art, always remember to take a break, especially if you get frustrated with questions. It does help medically.

Trust me I am a doctor, gynaecologist actually, well ok so I am really a plumber, but pipework is pipework lol

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-07-17

(2019-07-14, 21:27)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 21:16)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 21:04)cartman.dos Wrote: Honestly, I have my own complaints about Kodi (which by the way skinning engine is not one of them, it's really simple), but it's built in a way that you can make it out to be almost anything you want.
Now give me a team of some talented programmers in skinning/python/c++ and graphics designer and we can easily make a PERFECT netflix clone USING kodi as a fork.
for example thumbnail scrubbing is available in MrMc fork (that is when you see thumbnails while seeking when playing a video).
Tweaking it to handle trailers better (because auto-trailers is big part of netflix).
Few other things (scrolling pace, force refresh, profile handling, ability to mix tvshow and movies and apply sort to them, etc...).

It's all possible, but who's gonna do it?
No body have done it, and probably no body will. because it ain't feeding no mouths.
and still you got an abundance of skins, addons, and all that is related to kodi. on top of kodi itself being maintained for years now.
This is A LOT of work.
I've put countless hours into this skin and it's not even close to the finishing level of az2/embruary, that I can only imagine how much work was put into it.
and that's just one person, not a team of skilled personnel in different fields with paid salary.

Now even in that imaginative world where bingie was an exact clone of netflix, it still wouldn't be close as to how it actually functions, why?
Beside the fact that they stream with huge efficiency (putting data 'boxes' with their content) in every internet supplier over the world which makes streaming feels like local content.
They control the data and the database, so this means all logos/landscapes/trailers/plot/info is known-in-advance, it's not dependent on some kid that uploaded a shitty clearlogo (and thanks god for this guy cause not having one at all is even more of a bummer).
They use sophisticated (not necessarily 'complex', which they are, but the idea is not) methods of gathering information and processing it to make suggestions, which by the way isn't happening 'online', it's pre-calculated and thus 'widgets' are loading fast. 
I can really keep going here.

Netflix has done amazing things, I'm all in favor of their success, but don't be fooled, it only looks simple when looking on the shell of it.  
Yeah, I plan on (if I have any free time) make some clearlogos and landscape imgs for those in my library where there is none and upload to fanart.tv.  

I could, do that if you would like me to @louisefindlay23
Landscape for The Looming Tower, Warren (plus clearlogo), Riveria, The Bletchley Circle Sans Francisco, thanks.

(2019-07-17, 19:14)cartman.dos Wrote:

I'm extremely, sorry for making you frustrated. I managed to repair the issue by re-installing the skin. Apparently some of my personal edits to the skin caused it to glitch. 
Quote:If it helps. I still LOVE you for creating this. Please remember that, instead of pulling your hair out with others.

I am using the GitHub version

1) When you get to the bottom of your hubs, it loses the bottom of the screen, so the rectangle which should be on a movie thumb it is above, if you go down a bit further, then it shows up a whole lot of movie thumbs, go down a bit further then it goes back to normal, if you want I can screenshot

2) The amount of widgets does not seem to work, they all seem to default to 25 widgets, if I am using the correct word. I want my newly added to show 200 movies for example, I set that in the skin, but it only shows 25.

I suddenly remembered that I did not have an advanced-settings in my folder, so I created one and put recentlyaddeditems at 250 and now every hub is 250, which is fantastic as that is what I wanted.

However, breath, and remember I LOVE you for creating this work of art, always remember to take a break, especially if you get frustrated with questions. It does help medically.

Trust me I am a doctor, gynecologist actually, well ok so I am really a plumber, but pipework is pipework lol
@Video Titles I am interested in how you did the above *bolded* text. Could you, add an snippet of your advancedsettings.xml file. That would be extremely appreciated. Plus on an side-note. What does the Widget Look like with 250 Items? Is it an multi-row Grid? (Screenshot would be amazing as well).

(2019-07-17, 20:46)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 21:27)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:
(2019-07-14, 21:16)louisefindlay23 Wrote: Yeah, I plan on (if I have any free time) make some clearlogos and landscape imgs for those in my library where there is none and upload to fanart.tv.  

I could, do that if you would like me to @louisefindlay23.  
Landscape for The Looming Tower, Warren (plus clearlogo), Riveria, The Bletchley Circle Sans Francisco, thanks. 

No, Problem. Anytime my friend.

(2019-07-17, 20:30)Video Titles Wrote: If it helps. I still LOVE you for creating this. Please remember that, instead of pulling your hair out with others.

I am using the github version

I suddenly remembered that I did not have an advancedsettings in my folder, so I created one and put recentlyaddeditems at 250 and now every hub is 250, which is fantastic as that is what I wanted.

Trust me I am a doctor, gynaecologist actually, well ok so I am really a plumber, but pipework is pipework lol 

When you say github version are you referring to v1.02 or the v1.03-RC1 I posted a few posts earlier?
(you can see your version in the main kodi settings window, under the bingie logo).

1) A screenshot will help along with different than default skin settings (widget layout - is it default=landscape?, is spotlight widget on/off?)
2) So I guess the advancedsettings solved your issue?
Just to further explain how it works, basically the cap in the skin settings determines your max/limit items in the widget. But the content that is supplied through the source could be the bottle-neck, like if a playlist is set to limit up to 200 (all built-in-skin playlists, than you'd have to bump these up to match it).
So basically, it's the min{source limit, items returned by the source, limit set for the widget in skin}.

And thanks for the props, I'm not really getting frustrated with the questions themselves just with maintaining a polite facade when it really demands a cynical comment Wink

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - Seattle2Nashville - 2019-07-17

(2019-07-17, 17:18)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 17:53)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: I've noticed in 1.0.3RC-1 that extended artwork isn't working unless its downloaded locally by artwork beef. I was able to get this working with addons in 1.0.2 but not the current RC. Tried on shield, PC and Mac (with and without the skin helper/ cherry.py fix)
(2019-07-15, 18:19)Seattle2Nashville Wrote: Sorry last post didn't embed so here's just a link to the pictures showing the artwork issue

@cartman.dos @Zachary.Murphy 

https://imgur.com/a/sYCm4cH

Didn't quite get what the issue here exactly?  
@cartman.dos 
Look at the images I linked. In 1.0.2 clear logos work for content from addons, in 1.0.3RC-1 they don't. The legion show in spotlight is pulled from an addon. It is not local content. In the pictures, one has the clear logo as the title (1.0.2) the other uses plain text (1.0.3RC-1). Exact same setup, just different versions of Bingie

Edit: I just realized I labeled the picture backwards on that link.. Here's are pictures properly labled 

https://imgur.com/a/BM4fs9Q