Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Jabbe - 2019-12-26

(2019-12-14, 13:56)Video Titles Wrote:
(2019-12-12, 20:31)Jabbe Wrote:
(2019-12-10, 13:00)Video Titles Wrote: You really need to create a log file of your experience. It also helps if you say what hardware you are running and what version of Kodi you are using. 

Sorry about that, will provide a log as soon as possible. But Iam using a Nvidia Shield TV 2019 and Kodi 18.4.

The strange part is that when the skin is disabled it works just fine:/ 
Hopefully now if someone has a shield 2019 version, at least they can test on their system. The only thing that I can suggest is update kodi as it is 18.5 now. If it was me personally then I would update kodi and then see if I still had the same problem. I would also make sure that I was using the latest version of Bingie as well. You could also try using Titan Mod as that has bingie views installed into that, so you can reasonably make it look the same as Bingie.

Hello,

Have updated Kodi to 18.5, and checked the version of Bingie. Everything is up to date, but Kodi still crash. It goes out to Android tv and the remote stops working? I can see a message on the screen that Kodi is running a file, but I have to restart the Shield TV?!

Have tried Titian Mod and all 4K files do work in that skin, would still like to use bingie over Titian MOD.

Any clue to what’s the problem?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - fantasticn - 2019-12-27

I have an Nvidia Shield TV Box 2015 with Kodi 18.5. Used to test Titan Bingie. It was crashing on every start. When I edited the Settings-file of Bingie manually and deleted the entry for the Intro-Video the crashes were gone. But now I am on Titan MOD.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2019-12-28

Hi i just installed Emby to get a better sharing experience between my PC and Nvidia Shield. before i was using a MySQL server, but that didn't work well for syncing and i ran into high CPU constantly when i started KODI

Before i had a lot of tags attached to movies, for example, a Marvel Universe tag for all the MCU movies, I would then fill up a widget under the Movie hub based on that tag.

Now with Emby, i can't seem to make this work again. I've tried adding the tag in Emby, Kodi sees the tag, but doesn't do anything with it.

Am i missing something?

I've also tried making a smart playlist using the tag. The smart playlist shows the movies based on the tag, so that's working. But when i try to use the smart playlist in a widget, the widget doesn't show anything

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tinnyskillz - 2019-12-30

(2019-09-23, 13:12)scofield272 Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 00:45)tinnyskillz Wrote: How do i make my home screen show the percentage watched, and red progress bar that`s under "pilot" in this picture. Mine just shows the plot.Image

it will be shown like that when you choose widget of "Continue watching" with episodes (doesn't work with movies) 
Still doesn`t show. When i select the item and the next menu shows up it shows it next to resume.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-12-30

(2019-12-28, 09:55)CK77 Wrote: Hi i just installed Emby to get a better sharing experience between my PC and Nvidia Shield. before i was using a MySQL server, but that didn't work well for syncing and i ran into high CPU constantly when i started KODI

Before i had a lot of tags attached to movies, for example, a Marvel Universe tag for all the MCU movies, I would then fill up a widget under the Movie hub based on that tag.

Now with Emby, i can't seem to make this work again. I've tried adding the tag in Emby, Kodi sees the tag, but doesn't do anything with it.

Am i missing something?

I've also tried making a smart playlist using the tag. The smart playlist shows the movies based on the tag, so that's working. But when i try to use the smart playlist in a widget, the widget doesn't show anything

Have you added your Emby folder as a Kodi Library source? I have a smallish 800 movies or so and the Big Bang Theory complete set on an external hard drive. I use addons mostly for Kodi which my Library is ginormous 1000 movies and 600+ TV series and have a Plex server mainly as backup if Kodi or the addons I use are acting squirrely. I use the Plex app on my shield and don't try to make it work with kodi tho. I doubt your problem is skin related you might find better assistance on your issue here   https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794&highlight=emby or possibly over at the Emby forum.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2019-12-30

(2019-12-30, 14:11)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-12-28, 09:55)CK77 Wrote: Hi i just installed Emby to get a better sharing experience between my PC and Nvidia Shield. before i was using a MySQL server, but that didn't work well for syncing and i ran into high CPU constantly when i started KODI

Am i missing something?

Have you added your Emby folder as a Kodi Library source? I have a smallish 800 movies or so and the Big Bang Theory complete set on an external hard drive. I use addons mostly for Kodi which my Library is ginormous 1000 movies and 600+ TV series and have a Plex server mainly as backup if Kodi or the addons I use are acting squirrely. I use the Plex app on my shield and don't try to make it work with kodi tho. I doubt your problem is skin related you might find better assistance on your issue here   https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794&highlight=emby or possibly over at the Emby forum. 

Hey, thanks for the reply. I solved my problem, it wasn't Emby, but just the weird way the Bingie skin works.
To get my playlist to show in a widget in a hub i had to use Mixed Media with playlists. Use the movie playlist i want, then select an empty tv playlist, then sort by year.
This is the only way i can make them show up in the hubs. If i want the same playlist on the Home page it's much easier. I just select the playlist and sort the widget.
I wish the way you set up the widgets for the hubs would be the same as for the home page. It works a lot better.

Now I'm struggling with a new problem Sad 
I had one computer set up completely the way i wanted it, hooked up to Emby, Bingie skin completely set up as i like it, all the widgets set up,....
Everything was working fine at that point. Then i tried to make a complete backup of that setup using the Backup Addon in Kodi.
Once i deployed the backup to my other computers (2PC's and 1 Nvidia Shield) everything seemed to work fine, except Emby didn't want to sync anymore to Kodi.
So movies getting added to the Emby server would not show up at all. At first i thought it was just slow because of the way the widgets refresh, but even after a long time waiting, restarting Kodi it was still the same result.

So i started over again. setup the first computer with just Emby and checked if that worked as expected. Then i set a second computer up with just Kodi hooked up to Emby. Everything is still working fine at this moment and setting all this up takes about 20 min incl the initial scan. So this is all good.

Now i installed the Bingie skin on one of the 2 newly set up computers. Everything still works fine. Then i tried to do a backup from the Bingie skin on one of the computers that was set up previously. Restoring that backup on the newly set up computer doesn't do anything.

So is there an easy way of copying all settings, playlists, menu structure from the Bingie skin to a new computer?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2019-12-30

(2019-12-30, 23:31)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 14:11)cscott1 Wrote:

Am i missing something?

Hey, thanks for the reply. I solved my problem, it wasn't Emby, but just the weird way the Bingie skin works.
To get my playlist to show in a widget in a hub i had to use Mixed Media with playlists. Use the movie playlist i want, then select an empty tv playlist, then sort by year.
This is the only way i can make them show up in the hubs. If i want the same playlist on the Home page it's much easier. I just select the playlist and sort the widget.
I wish the way you set up the widgets for the hubs would be the same as for the home page. It works a lot better.

I had one computer set up completely the way i wanted it, hooked up to Emby, Bingie skin completely set up as i like it, all the widgets set up,....
Everything was working fine at that point. Then i tried to make a complete backup of that setup using the Backup Addon in Kodi.
Once i deployed the backup to my other computers (2PC's and 1 Nvidia Shield) everything seemed to work fine, except Emby didn't want to sync anymore to Kodi.
So movies getting added to the Emby server would not show up at all. At first i thought it was just slow because of the way the widgets refresh, but even after a long time waiting, restarting Kodi it was still the same result.

So i started over again. setup the first computer with just Emby and checked if that worked as expected. Then i set a second computer up with just Kodi hooked up to Emby. Everything is still working fine at this moment and setting all this up takes about 20 min incl the initial scan. So this is all good.

Now i installed the Bingie skin on one of the 2 newly set up computers. Everything still works fine. Then i tried to do a backup from the Bingie skin on one of the computers that was set up previously. Restoring that backup on the newly set up computer doesn't do anything.

So is there an easy way of copying all settings, playlists, menu structure from the Bingie skin to a new computer? 

On the new computer, use the set up new emby id (for cloning Emby) option to set up a new unique device id for the new install.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2019-12-30

(2019-12-30, 23:52)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:31)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 14:11)cscott1 Wrote: Have you added your Emby folder as a Kodi Library source? I have a smallish 800 movies or so and the Big Bang Theory complete set on an external hard drive. I use addons mostly for Kodi which my Library is ginormous 1000 movies and 600+ TV series and have a Plex server mainly as backup if Kodi or the addons I use are acting squirrely. I use the Plex app on my shield and don't try to make it work with kodi tho. I doubt your problem is skin related you might find better assistance on your issue here   https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794&highlight=emby or possibly over at the Emby forum.  

On the new computer, use the set up new emby id (for cloning Emby) option to set up a new unique device id for the new install. 

So after the backup is restored on the new computer you go to the settings from EMBY and just select Generate a new device Id.
That should do the trick?
I'll try this when i get home tonight, thanks for the tip, hope this works. That would save me so much time.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - The Warrior - 2019-12-31

Anyone's Up Next suddenly stop working? Mine is giving an error and to check logs for more information. I only seemed to notice it now but may have been a problem from the last update to Bingie. I just hadn't watched any programming since. It does work when switching themes, just not with Bingie.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2019-12-31

(2019-12-30, 23:59)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:52)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:31)CK77 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the reply. I solved my problem, it wasn't Emby, but just the weird way the Bingie skin works.

So after the backup is restored on the new computer you go to the settings from EMBY and just select Generate a new device Id.
I'll try this when i get home tonight, thanks for the tip, hope this works. That would save me so much time.  

So i tried generating a new Device Id, it solved some problems, but the changes were still very slow updated compared to one of the pc's i installed from scratch.
I just started one of the computers over again to see if i can take a backup of that and try again to clone Kodi again and use your trick of changing the Device Id.
I don't have high hopes of it working, so my next best option is to find a good way to copy the skin.

When i connect to Emby i just use the Emby addon to connect, i don't add any sources to Kodi itself. Is this the best way, or are there better ways?
I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment with Emby/Bingie to make it all work smooth, any advice would be great

Does anybody here have a good and easy way to backup/restore your Bingie skin? The backup function didn't work for me at all

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-12-31

(2019-12-31, 06:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:59)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:52)louisefindlay23 Wrote: On the new computer, use the set up new emby id (for cloning Emby) option to set up a new unique device id for the new install.   

So i tried generating a new Device Id, it solved some problems, but the changes were still very slow updated compared to one of the pc's i installed from scratch.
I just started one of the computers over again to see if i can take a backup of that and try again to clone Kodi again and use your trick of changing the Device Id.
I don't have high hopes of it working, so my next best option is to find a good way to copy the skin.

When i connect to Emby i just use the Emby addon to connect, i don't add any sources to Kodi itself. Is this the best way, or are there better ways?
I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment with Emby/Bingie to make it all work smooth, any advice would be great

Does anybody here have a good and easy way to backup/restore your Bingie skin? The backup function didn't work for me at all 
I don't know if this will work for you as far as the issues you are having with Emby but an alternate way to clone your setup across multiple devices is to go into your kodi data folder and copy the the addons and userdata folders then paste them in the same location on a fresh install of kodi on the desired device. worth a try...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2019-12-31

(2019-12-31, 14:20)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 06:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-30, 23:59)CK77 Wrote: So after the backup is restored on the new computer you go to the settings from EMBY and just select Generate a new device Id.

I don't know if this will work for you as far as the issues you are having with Emby but an alternate way to clone your setup across multiple devices is to go into your kodi data folder and copy the the addons and userdata folders then paste them in the same location on a fresh install of kodi on the desired device. worth a try... 

It's kinda what i'm doing now.
I've set up one computer from scratch all the way i like it and made a backup. For the backup i selected everything except for the DB and the custom profile 1 and 2 folders.

On the new computer i installed Kodi, Emby and Bingie. Then restore the backup. After that i still need to copy those folders to make the skin look the same on both.

I was just hoping that with a backup all you had to do was restore and you were good to go, doesn't seem to be that simple. After the restore, all the newly added addons are disabled, once you start enabling them again Emby will ask for login info, then Bingie kicks in but just goes through the normal setup process instead of restoring the settings from the Backup.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-12-31

(2019-12-31, 20:04)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 14:20)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 06:13)CK77 Wrote: So i tried generating a new Device Id, it solved some problems, but the changes were still very slow updated compared to one of the pc's i installed from scratch.

It's kinda what i'm doing now.
I've set up one computer from scratch all the way i like it and made a backup. For the backup i selected everything except for the DB and the custom profile 1 and 2 folders.

On the new computer i installed Kodi, Emby and Bingie. Then restore the backup. After that i still need to copy those folders to make the skin look the same on both.

I was just hoping that with a backup all you had to do was restore and you were good to go, doesn't seem to be that simple. After the restore, all the newly added addons are disabled, once you start enabling them again Emby will ask for login info, then Bingie kicks in but just goes through the normal setup process instead of restoring the settings from the Backup.    
instead of using backup just use a file manager to copy like I said and paste on a clean install you wont have to login again start bingie from scratch and all the setup hooplah and all the addons will be enabled. it will be exactly the same as you copied. i have done it multiple times over the past few years. If you just copy the addons and userdata files you can even copy your setup across platforms windows to android or vice versa etc.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Video Titles - 2020-01-02

To give some impartial advice and hopefully pearls of wisdom

It is not worth worrying about backing up and restoring things at the moment. The skin still has a lot of bugs that need to be ironed out and something might get altered in the future.

I am not sure how long ago it was, but Cartmandos changed something in the skin, which wiped out all the settings and you had to start again, he said that this was a one off modification that he had to make, but until this skin is 100% complete and bug free then it is not worth thinking that you can just copy stuff across and presto you have a clone of another computer.

At the moment until Cartman comes back from his holiday, if he does, then someone will need to take up the reigns to finish this skin, and they may make further changes which wipes out the settings.

This is after all the Kodi Bermuda Triangle and a lot of skin developers have fallen off the face of the planet, sucked into a black hole, before beamed out by the Enterprise just in the nick of time. Ok so I have been watching too much Star Trek of late.

However, you might get your set up how you want, and then maybe have done so for nothing if something changes, always wait until something is finished properly. 

Just my point of view.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2020-01-02

(2020-01-02, 20:04)Video Titles Wrote: To give some impartial advice and hopefully pearls of wisdom

It is not worth worrying about backing up and restoring things at the moment. The skin still has a lot of bugs that need to be ironed out and something might get altered in the future.

I am not sure how long ago it was, but Cartmandos changed something in the skin, which wiped out all the settings and you had to start again, he said that this was a one off modification that he had to make, but until this skin is 100% complete and bug free then it is not worth thinking that you can just copy stuff across and presto you have a clone of another computer.

At the moment until Cartman comes back from his holiday, if he does, then someone will need to take up the reigns to finish this skin, and they may make further changes which wipes out the settings.

This is after all the Kodi Bermuda Triangle and a lot of skin developers have fallen off the face of the planet, sucked into a black hole, before beamed out by the Enterprise just in the nick of time. Ok so I have been watching too much Star Trek of late.

However, you might get your set up how you want, and then maybe have done so for nothing if something changes, always wait until something is finished properly. 

Just my point of view.
Dont know what he changed but it works flawlessly for me in my application. I dont think skins are ever finished just like Kodi they are always changing so we are forced to use whatever unfinished or work in progress that works best for us. Even though Cartman is MIA at the moment Bingie is still my go to even if there are a few bugs here and there.  I disagree with you about the cloning I do it all the time.