Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2020-02-12

The disable sideblade/options menu indicator option no longer works. When set to true, the indicator it still there.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Video Titles - 2020-02-13

@louisefindlay23 I think but cannot be 100% too sure, but I think that someone is still working on the skin via the github and messing it up big style.

I had to format my cinema PC and I installed from the first page link, but I never liked that link and I would go to the github page instead and install from there.

I downloaded it a couple of days ago to do a fresh install, and it would not install from the github hence me thinking that someone is doing updates for it, and messing the skin up. Also on the github page there are a few pull down requests, I am not sure what happens on github or not properly but if my understanding is right, you have the Master, people download and work on it and then update to the Master? 

I could be wrong about someone updating it and messing it up, but not being able to install, made me come to that conclusion.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - louisefindlay23 - 2020-02-13

(2020-02-13, 09:36)Video Titles Wrote: @louisefindlay23 I think but cannot be 100% too sure, but I think that someone is still working on the skin via the github and messing it up big style.

I had to format my cinema PC and I installed from the first page link, but I never liked that link and I would go to the github page instead and install from there.

I downloaded it a couple of days ago to do a fresh install, and it would not install from the github hence me thinking that someone is doing updates for it, and messing the skin up. Also on the github page there are a few pull down requests, I am not sure what happens on github or not properly but if my understanding is right, you have the Master, people download and work on it and then update to the Master? 

I could be wrong about someone updating it and messing it up, but not being able to install, made me come to that conclusion.
Yes, that's how Github works. But you need to have permission to merge other people's files with master.

Yeah, I believe so because after my recent reinstall I tried some XML edits that I normally make but I couldn't find one of the lines.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2020-02-13

(2020-02-13, 10:49)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 09:36)Video Titles Wrote: @louisefindlay23 I think but cannot be 100% too sure, but I think that someone is still working on the skin via the github and messing it up big style.

Yes, that's how Github works. But you need to have permission to merge other people's files with master.

Yeah, I believe so because after my recent reinstall I tried some XML edits that I normally make but I couldn't find one of the lines.   
If you look at the github page you can see all the commits which are changes to the code if I understand correctly there hasn't been a single commit in 6 months. I think Cartman went as far as he could with the skin and got stuck because the Kodi developers wouldn't integrate his pull requests to the Kodi Master so he stopped working on this skin or moved on to something else no clue. I'm guessing if things are not working the way they used to for you guys its because of changes to Kodi's code not the skin but I'm not a coder so not sure on that either. There is a modded Kodi 19 Android apk floating around which includes Cartmans pull request for Kodi which was his vision for the skin as well as some neat features for Android TV that I use and it works flawlessly for my application. I am afraid that it wont in the future tho as some addons and dependencies no longer update but everything seems to still work on my end.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - leo06 - 2020-02-17

I don't know what changed but today I can't open Kodi, it crashes seconds after it's starting. I am running in Nvidia shield. When I choose estuary skin and Greek language it's all ok but when I select Titan bingie it crashes in seconds

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - redglory - 2020-02-17

(2020-02-17, 13:54)leo06 Wrote: I don't know what changed but today I can't open Kodi, it crashes seconds after it's starting. I am running in Nvidia shield. When I choose estuary skin and Greek language it's all ok but when I select Titan bingie it crashes in seconds
A debug_log (wiki) would help...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Video Titles - 2020-02-17

(2020-02-17, 13:54)leo06 Wrote: I don't know what changed but today I can't open Kodi, it crashes seconds after it's starting. I am running in Nvidia shield. When I choose estuary skin and Greek language it's all ok but when I select Titan bingie it crashes in seconds

I am not 100% sure but I would say that Titan Bingie has not been translated into Greek which is causing the skin to stop loading.

You cannot load a skin that does not have specific language support.

The best way of checking this out, would be to set the language to English and then try loading the skin. Just to add to this post.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tvferret - 2020-02-17

I recently came across this skin. Visually and conceptually it is stunning. Shame that developer gave up to support it and walked away like that. This skin is far from being mature. There are bugs, many bugs. I started looking into some, managed to fix couple. Problem is, I do not know much about kodi skins. It takes time to reverse engineer and learning curve is steep. I forked the repos in Github. I'm setting up basic dev environment on my pc. At least I will try to fix bugs that do affect functionality that I want to use in this skin. Examples are TV Show Next Aired, bugs in script (script.skin.helper.widgets) and skin itself, widgets added to the Movies or TV Shows hubs show up in Home instead. The icons in main menu/shortcuts do not persist, i.e. adding Weather, Pictures etc. to the menu and assigning icons, initially work ok, but entering the Configure Shortcuts will reset these to default. Many views do not display background pictures/fanart. Etc. Etc. 

I may share the results Wink Stay tuned.

(2020-02-17, 14:32)Video Titles Wrote:

I am not 100% sure but I would say that Titan Bingie has not been translated into Greek which is causing the skin to stop loading.

The best way of checking this out, would be to set the language to English and then try loading the skin. Just to add to this post. 
But was working fine till yesterday, nothing changed by me, no new addon install, no addon uninstall. Only 3 updates, tulip routine libraries, artwork beef and the movie database

(2020-02-17, 17:20)leo06 Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 14:32)Video Titles Wrote:

But was working fine till yesterday, nothing changed by me, no new addon install, no addon uninstall. Only 3 updates, tulip routine libraries, artwork beef and the movie database 

So obviously Greek was a language that was supported before. However, please switch your system to English and give that a try and see if it still crashes on you. You cannot bug test without trying things.

You would also need to produce a log file so the Kodi team can have a look at it.

However, try changing the system to English first and give that a try.

(2020-02-17, 15:55)tvferret Wrote: I recently came across this skin. Visually and conceptually it is stunning. Shame that developer gave up to support it and walked away like that. This skin is far from being mature. There are bugs, many bugs. I started looking into some, managed to fix couple. Problem is, I do not know much about kodi skins. It takes time to reverse engineer and learning curve is steep. I forked the repos in Github. I'm setting up basic dev environment on my pc. At least I will try to fix bugs that do affect functionality that I want to use in this skin. Examples are TV Show Next Aired, bugs in script (script.skin.helper.widgets) and skin itself, widgets added to the Movies or TV Shows hubs show up in Home instead. The icons in main menu/shortcuts do not persist, i.e. adding Weather, Pictures etc. to the menu and assigning icons, initially work ok, but entering the Configure Shortcuts will reset these to default. Many views do not display background pictures/fanart. Etc. Etc. 

At the moment, until we have had 100% confirmation from the man himself Mr Cartman Dos, do not make assumptions.

(2020-02-17, 14:19)redglory Wrote:
A debug_log (wiki) would help...  
https://paste.kodi.tv/analotulig.kodi
from my tablet with the same behavior

@Video Titles with English language selected working fine
in matter of fact I prefer English language in gui but I have another problem with subtitles
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347622

(2020-02-17, 18:05)leo06 Wrote: @Video Titles with English language selected working fine
in matter of fact I prefer English language in gui but I have another problem with subtitles
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347622

Obviously the error has to do with the Greek language then, which is why I suggested switching to English. At least the Kodi team can help you more now, and we both know that the English version is working.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2020-02-17

(2020-02-17, 17:58)Video Titles Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 15:55)tvferret Wrote: I recently came across this skin. Visually and conceptually it is stunning. Shame that developer gave up to support it and walked away like that. This skin is far from being mature. There are bugs, many bugs. I started looking into some, managed to fix couple. Problem is, I do not know much about kodi skins. It takes time to reverse engineer and learning curve is steep. I forked the repos in Github. I'm setting up basic dev environment on my pc. At least I will try to fix bugs that do affect functionality that I want to use in this skin. Examples are TV Show Next Aired, bugs in script (script.skin.helper.widgets) and skin itself, widgets added to the Movies or TV Shows hubs show up in Home instead. The icons in main menu/shortcuts do not persist, i.e. adding Weather, Pictures etc. to the menu and assigning icons, initially work ok, but entering the Configure Shortcuts will reset these to default. Many views do not display background pictures/fanart. Etc. Etc. 

At the moment, until we have had 100% confirmation from the man himself Mr Cartman Dos, do not make assumptions. 

Yeah he took a 6 month break last year and then came back and did big things. Personal life comes first, volunteer Kodi work in spare time is appreciated...