Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Karellen - 2020-05-03

In case this is of any use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-03, 10:28)CK77 Wrote: Hi guys,

is there an easy way yet to use movie playlists ordered by Year in the widgets in the hubs?
In the movie hub i would like to display all my Marvel movies by year.
What I have done so far is in Emby i give my Marvel movies all a Tag "Marvel Universe"
Then in Kodi I made a playlist using that tag and sorted the playlist by year.

If i just use that playlist as a widget in my Movies hub, it works, but it's no longer sorted by year. it reverts back to sorted by title.
So my work around so far has been:
I created a TV Shows playlist that is empty, and then to fill up the widget i use Mixed Media with playlists. That gives you the option to select the Marvel playlist, then the Empty TV Shows playlist, and then it allows you to select the order.
This works as long as you don't move any of the movies to a different folder.
I understand that if you move a file the playlist might get broken. But the widget still doesn't work after Emby picked up the changed locations and synced everything to Kodi.
If i just go and look at the playlist in Kodi it's all updated and all the movies play, but when i go back to the widget, the movies that have been moved are just a dark box.
Recreating the widget from scratch doesn't help. If i mix it with a TV show playlist that's not empty it will also work.

It seems that somehow it keeps that certain combination for the widget in "memory" and it will not refresh. Is there a solution for this?

I'm using Kodi 18.6 on Win 10 and Bingie 1.0.3.

Any help would be great!
ok, so i found a work around for now.
If i just create a new empty TV Shows playlist and combine that with my Marvel playlist it works again.

Still wondering if there is a more elegant way though. Smile

If people are still working on this skin, would it be possible to sort by release date in stead of just year?
Marvel releases multiple movies a year and when you sort by year, if movies are released in the same year the sort again by title.
I can't be the only one who wants to do something similar like this? Smile

Again, any input would be great!

(2020-05-03, 10:39)Karellen Wrote: In case this is of any use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
Thanks for that! It looks interesting.
I'm going to see if somebody has a solution that doesn't involve me renaming and rescanning a whole bunch of movies, but otherwise that will be the way to go!

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-03, 10:57)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 10:39)Karellen Wrote: In case this is of any use... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe
I'm going to see if somebody has a solution that doesn't involve me renaming and rescanning a whole bunch of movies, but otherwise that will be the way to go!

If you have already sorted it inside HUBs you might try and clean database inside media settings in kodi. Then delete the cache13.db, and cache, inside the roaming folder then restart Kodi. If any posters are black just hit info and refresh or select artwork inside info.

So i tried it on my Star Wars collection. It doesn't work Sad
I mean, the idea works, and setting the playlist up also works as expected.
But once you try to put that playlist as the source for the widget in the Movies Hub, the playlist sorts again by title, not by file, as is expected for this to work.

Once you put the playlist in the widget it doesn't follow the sorting rules of the playlist anymore.

Does anybody else have a solution to sort movies by release date or chronological order and put that result in a widget in the movie hub?

(2020-05-02, 22:36)rflores2323 Wrote: Wondering if there is a setting to show what time movie/show ends.

Also when we pause a movie/show is there a way to have the clearart or show logo also show up? Also can we show movie codec, audio channels,studio, etc information?

Looks kinda plain.

There should be a setting in osd settings that says show the time I believe.
When you pause the movie at top where you have subtitles, and video to the right you should have info just click that it will turn it off and will show clear Logo on pause instead.

(2020-05-03, 11:59)AchillesPunks Wrote:

If you have already sorted it inside HUBs you might try and clean database inside media settings in kodi. Then delete the cache13.db, and cache, inside the roaming folder then restart Kodi. If any posters are black just hit info and refresh or select artwork inside info. 
the weird thing is that when i look at the playlist it behaves normal, but then once you put it in the widget then some of the posters turn black.
Would i solve that problem by deleting cash13.db and the other one? If i do this will kodi start scanning for a long time again?

Thanks for your help!

(2020-05-03, 12:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 10:57)CK77 Wrote: Thanks for that! It looks interesting.

the weird thing is that when i look at the playlist it behaves normal, but then once you put it in the widget then some of the posters turn black.
Would i solve that problem by deleting cash13.db and the other one? If i do this will kodi start scanning for a long time again?

Thanks for your help!
No. Your not deleting your scanned movies

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Jooode - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-03, 04:25)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 04:02)Jooode Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 14:13)AchillesPunks Wrote: I will not be on to help until Wednesday.

it would be very interesting if we could test those changes, with the hub in lanscape
Change the layout to landscape.

sorry I think you did not understand my question is if you could leave me the Zip of your changes to be able to try them on my TV box

this is my texture.xbt

texture.xbt

Can anybody who understands this skin well, explain me how the widgets deal with playlists?
If i create a playlist and check it out it does exactly what i expect it to do, but once i put that playlist in a widget i don't have any control anymore on how the playlist is sorted.
Is there a way around this?
The closest i get is using Mixed Media with playlists as a source for the widget, that allows you to select A Movie playlist, a TV Show playlist and a few ways of sorting the playlist, but the options are limited.

So is there a way to use playlists as widgets but not lose control of the sorting order?

I really liked this idea that Karellen suggest on top of this page. But it doesn't seem to work in combination with the Bingie skin

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - vrds - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-03, 04:24)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 02:05)vrds Wrote: Hello guys,

I'm think I might have a "bug" here, the Ratings/studio logo are not shownd in the Movies/Tv Shows HUB's, but they're shown in the Home Hub. I have checked all the footers options, and don't see any other options that migh be hiding this.
Also if I enable de Codecs, those shows up.
Actually in one of these Hub, I saw for like half a second the ratings and then they disapeared.
I already tried a fresh installation, including a full box reset.

Anyone else with same issue?

thanks
Try taking the original file not my edit of the includesmediaflags.xml file and replace it. I have been editing that xml to add Dolby Atmos and to get rid of the spacing for the rating to not show in the center. I am aware the issue but no time to edit while I'm working. Let me know if this helps. 
Hi, thanks for your reply
I'm using the official repo for the skin, that is in the first post of this threat, so I guess I'm using the original file??

(2020-05-03, 16:19)Jooode Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 04:25)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-05-03, 04:02)Jooode Wrote: it would be very interesting if we could test those changes, with the hub in lanscape
Change the layout to landscape.

sorry I think you did not understand my question is if you could leave me the Zip of your changes to be able to try them on my TV box

this is my texture.xbt

texture.xbt

Okay, sorry I read your post at. I'll give you the xbt file on Wednesday

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-04

(2020-05-03, 20:02)CK77 Wrote: Can anybody who understands this skin well, explain me how the widgets deal with playlists?
If i create a playlist and check it out it does exactly what i expect it to do, but once i put that playlist in a widget i don't have any control anymore on how the playlist is sorted.
Is there a way around this?
The closest i get is using Mixed Media with playlists as a source for the widget, that allows you to select A Movie playlist, a TV Show playlist and a few ways of sorting the playlist, but the options are limited.

So is there a way to use playlists as widgets but not lose control of the sorting order?

I really liked this idea that Karellen suggest on top of this page. But it doesn't seem to work in combination with the Bingie skin
I've been looking on the internet all day and trying things out, but so far no complete solution. It seems to be a problem with how widgets handle sorting.

I've had some success in Bingie when i used the widgets on the Home screen. The reason it works there is because you set the widgets in the settings screen where it allows you to set the sorting again. if the sort item is the same as in the playlist then you get the perfect result. So this works for playlists that you sort for instance by year. If you are sorting in your playlist on an item (like filename) that doesn't exist in the sorting options for the widgets then it doesn't work out. It would make sense to have widgets and playlists have the same sorting options, no? That would solve all these problems in a heartbeat. I might be missing something why this is not possible Smile

If you set your widgets in the other hubs you can only do that on the HUB screen (in Bingie) and there is no option to set the sorting. So whatever you try here it will never sort exactly as you like.

I've looked at some other skins. In Embuary you set up all your widgets in the settings screens where it allows you to set the sorting criteria, then later you just add that custom widget to wherever you want. 

Is anybody else struggling with this?

I have nothing to do at the moment, thanks Corona! Wink
So it's time to go a bit OCD on the Media library again Smile

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-05

I recently added some clearlogos to certain movies, Kodi picked it up and the changes are represented in the playlists.
In my hubs if i use those playlists in the widgets, those widgets do not pick up the changes.

Would deleting the cache13.db and the cache in the roaming folder fix this?

Also if this would help. In which folders are those files?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Lucid Euphoria - 2020-05-05

Hiya Guys,

If anyone can help regarding my auto play of local trailers, it would be most appreicated.

I have set the 'Auto-Trailer Interval' to 1, for both my Movies Local Library and TV Shows Local Library (it seems they are linked), but only the TV shows Local Library plays the locally stored trailer after 1 second, the locally stored movie trailers only plays after a 5 sec delay.

I have checked the follwing settings.xml file within: \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.titan.bingie\settings.xml

<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>

Is there anything else I have to change or set manually within another .xml file to correct or fix this, or somewhere in the skin settings that deals with the delay in playing these trailers, or did anyone else have the same issue that can help?

Many thanks for any advice or support, LE