Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-08

Ok so it's not working for me, I've sorted them using the method described in the wiki, which when looking at the playlist it shows up in order.
When adding this playlist to the widget to show up on the homescreen it ends up showing them in alphabetical order - sort method in the widget is "none" which I thought would reflect the way its shown in the playlist but I guess not.

Is this the same problem your having?

I think this is gonna become even more of a problem when the marvel TV shows are released as there's no way to add movies and TV shows in one widget let alone in order.

Hope we can sort this out as it's bugging me too

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-08

(2020-05-07, 05:33)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 04:55)tantrum080 Wrote: Ck77 - I have also been wanting to do this for my marvel playlist for soo long! I would really like to have them in chronological order on my home screen, I'll be checking back everyday to see if this gets sorted. I've literally just spent an hour sorting out my movies using that method that was posted earlier in this thread
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe - only to see you said it doesn't work for bingie. Fingers crossed 🙏

That method actually does work as long as you don't load the playlist into a widget on a hub.
The problem is that we can't tell the widgets in the hubs how to sort.

Reading this now makes sense to me, I think this is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I'm having the same issue.

I think to solve this we need an option for the sort method in widget, something like "playlist order".

Only way I can think of doing this without this option is for the sort method to be by date added - remove the movies and add them in the order which you want them in - hopefully this should work. I'm going to try this now.

Edit: Technically this should work but it doesn't for some reason, it keeps showing up in the same order no matter what I do which is some weird order - I think even when you remove the films, clean the library and re add them one by one - they still somehow go by a different order that you first originally added them in. Don't know how to change this.

Edit 2: Just had another idea which should've worked but again the option is there in playlist but not in sort method for the widget so will not work.
Changing the sort method to "path" would work if we renamed the file folders in numerical order for your order eg. folder 1/captain America: the first avenger, folder 2/captain marvel etc.

Again works in playlist there's no option for this in widget sort method, we are limited until we get more options in sort method unfortunately - even if the date added method actually worked it would be hassle to add new movies to the order as you'd have to remove them everytime just to sort the order out again - just like when black widow is released but in the chronological order it's before a bunch of the last movies. Guess we'll have to wait until cartman eventually shows up and request something like this whenever that is...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - trkselim - 2020-05-08

If anyone can help

how to hide the second faded row in Widgets in XML file

I need to make it single row

I hope if someone could help me

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - je1992 - 2020-05-08

(2020-05-08, 14:11)trkselim Wrote: If anyone can help

This feature is to look like netflix. If you want a netflix feeling with a single row shown, try auramod skin.
I personnaly much prefer this setup, as it feels less claustrophobic when browsing content.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-05-08

(2020-05-08, 15:59)je1992 Wrote:

This feature is to look like netflix. If you want a netflix feeling with a single row shown, try auramod skin.
I personnaly much prefer this setup, as it feels less claustrophobic when browsing content.
What exactly do you mean by single row? Never tried another skin so not sure what is being asked. My set up looks just like Netflix

IncludesAnimations.xml
unfocused widget fade on bingie layout -->
<include name="BingieUnfocusedWidgetFade">
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" condition="!Control.HasFocus($PARAM[widgetid]) + !Control.HasFocus(1508)">Conditional</animation>
</include>
I Just hide the second faded row

But when I open the side menu all widgets disappeared

(2020-05-08, 16:27)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-05-08, 15:59)je1992 Wrote:

What exactly do you mean by single row? Never tried another skin so not sure what is being asked. My set up looks just like Netflix

https://i.imgur.com/y97DI8I.mp4

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - ilovemymac - 2020-05-08

I’m finding that even though I absolutely love the skin it’s really slow I’ve tried it on a fire stick 4K a second GEN fire cube and android TV box running android nine with 4 GB of RAM. It just seems like it’s always slow to launch any movie or show and everything you do seems like when you click on the remote it takes it a few seconds before it responds. So it just bugs me and I’m hoping that there’s someway to get this to run later they should not be so graphic intensive.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - je1992 - 2020-05-08

(2020-05-08, 18:31)ilovemymac Wrote: I’m finding that even though I absolutely love the skin it’s really slow I’ve tried it on a fire stick 4K a second GEN fire cube and android TV box running android nine with 4 GB of RAM. It just seems like it’s always slow to launch any movie or show and everything you do seems like when you click on the remote it takes it a few seconds before it responds. So it just bugs me and I’m hoping that there’s someway to get this to run later they should not be so graphic intensive.
These types of skins have a lot of dependencies and animations in order to generate a netflix look. Netflix are able to have all of this without any lag because they pay billions to have the best servers in the world for their content.
If you want a snappy experience, the best way to go will always be to keep the stock skin, and only download addons you require to manage your personal library.
Everything else puts pressure on the system.
I heard that some skins like artic zephyr 2 have a good esthethic, and are easier on memory, you could try it.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-08

(2020-05-08, 12:19)tantrum080 Wrote: Ok so it's not working for me, I've sorted them using the method described in the wiki, which when looking at the playlist it shows up in order.
When adding this playlist to the widget to show up on the homescreen it ends up showing them in alphabetical order - sort method in the widget is "none" which I thought would reflect the way its shown in the playlist but I guess not.

Is this the same problem your having?

I think this is gonna become even more of a problem when the marvel TV shows are released as there's no way to add movies and TV shows in one widget let alone in order.

Hope we can sort this out as it's bugging me too
If you want a playlist with mixed movies and tv series, there is a widget for that, and you can sort it by year. Don't know if that helps for you.
When you add the widget, look for skin helper widgets/mixed media/playlists. Here you select a movie playlist, a tv shows playlist and then a sort option.
The problem with using this is that it doesn't refresh the widget well, at least for me, maybe try that and let me know if your widget does update as movies are watched.
This is one of the problems i'm hoping to find a solution for

(2020-05-08, 12:23)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 05:33)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 04:55)tantrum080 Wrote: Ck77 - I have also been wanting to do this for my marvel playlist for soo long! I would really like to have them in chronological order on my home screen, I'll be checking back everyday to see if this gets sorted. I've literally just spent an hour sorting out my movies using that method that was posted earlier in this thread
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Movie_universe - only to see you said it doesn't work for bingie. Fingers crossed 🙏

That method actually does work as long as you don't load the playlist into a widget on a hub.
The problem is that we can't tell the widgets in the hubs how to sort.  

Reading this now makes sense to me, I think this is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I'm having the same issue.

I think to solve this we need an option for the sort method in widget, something like "playlist order".

Only way I can think of doing this without this option is for the sort method to be by date added - remove the movies and add them in the order which you want them in - hopefully this should work. I'm going to try this now.

Edit: Technically this should work but it doesn't for some reason, it keeps showing up in the same order no matter what I do which is some weird order - I think even when you remove the films, clean the library and re add them one by one - they still somehow go by a different order that you first originally added them in. Don't know how to change this.

Edit 2: Just had another idea which should've worked but again the option is there in playlist but not in sort method for the widget so will not work.
Changing the sort method to "path" would work if we renamed the file folders in numerical order for your order eg. folder 1/captain America: the first avenger, folder 2/captain marvel etc.

Again works in playlist there's no option for this in widget sort method, we are limited until we get more options in sort method unfortunately - even if the date added method actually worked it would be hassle to add new movies to the order as you'd have to remove them everytime just to sort the order out again - just like when black widow is released but in the chronological order it's before a bunch of the last movies. Guess we'll have to wait until cartman eventually shows up and request something like this whenever that is...  

you would think that the standard implementation would be to look for the sort order of the playlist if no order is specified for the widget. But that is not happening. Another strange thing is that you get less sort options for the widgets than you get for the playlists, you would think they would match.
I am not smart enough at all to make such changes. I also don't know if this needs to be done at the Kodi or skin level.

I've been wrecking my brain over this for about a week now, I would have thought that other people would be struggling with this too, but it seems just you and me buddy. So hopefully we are just dumb and somebody can show us the way.

One of the options i used for star wars to add them in canonical form was to use the sorttitle for ordering my playlist.
You will have to change the sorttitle for all of them to something like Star Wars 1, Star Wars 2,.... where Star Wars 4 is the Solo movie,....
You could combine this with the idea from the Universe Wiki. Call them Star Wars 10, Star Wars 20,.... So you can add movies in between.

The only downside to this is that in your main Movie library all those movies will be ordered there too on that sort Title, so you will find Solo in between the other Star Wars movies.

(2020-05-08, 16:52)trkselim Wrote: IncludesAnimations.xml
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" condition="!Control.HasFocus($PARAM[widgetid]) + !Control.HasFocus(1508)">Conditional</animation>
</include>

from looking at the image you posted it looks like you probably have turned off the Show all widgets option in the Homescreen layout
This option makes the content on the screen change depending on what item you select in the menu. So if the first item in the menu has no widgets set up, when you enter the menu all the widgets on the screen dissappear.

That's why it's nice to work with the hubs. This way you kind of make extra home screens with each 8 widgets available again.

(2020-05-08, 20:07)CK77 Wrote:
</include>

from looking at the image you posted it looks like you probably have turned off the Show all widgets option in the Homescreen layout
This option makes the content on the screen change depending on what item you select in the menu. So if the first item in the menu has no widgets set up, when you enter the menu all the widgets on the screen dissappear.

That's why it's nice to work with the hubs. This way you kind of make extra home screens with each 8 widgets available again.

In addon xml ((IncludesAnimations.xml))

start="100" end="0" time="100"

I changed end="0" it was end="50"

The widget becomes one row

But when i open the side menu all widget disappear

(2020-05-08, 20:39)trkselim Wrote:
</include>

I don't know anything about xml files sadly enough,
But it looks like you just have a setting wrong to create that behaviour

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-08, 20:39)trkselim Wrote:
</include>

I could be wrong but I think the side panel is tied in as a group in the xml. That's why it has shifted as well. It's still there just moved off screen.