Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-08, 19:59)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-08, 12:23)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 05:33)CK77 Wrote: That method actually does work as long as you don't load the playlist into a widget on a hub.
The problem is that we can't tell the widgets in the hubs how to sort.  

Reading this now makes sense to me, I think this is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I'm having the same issue.

I think to solve this we need an option for the sort method in widget, something like "playlist order".

Only way I can think of doing this without this option is for the sort method to be by date added - remove the movies and add them in the order which you want them in - hopefully this should work. I'm going to try this now.

Edit: Technically this should work but it doesn't for some reason, it keeps showing up in the same order no matter what I do which is some weird order - I think even when you remove the films, clean the library and re add them one by one - they still somehow go by a different order that you first originally added them in. Don't know how to change this.

Edit 2: Just had another idea which should've worked but again the option is there in playlist but not in sort method for the widget so will not work.
Changing the sort method to "path" would work if we renamed the file folders in numerical order for your order eg. folder 1/captain America: the first avenger, folder 2/captain marvel etc.

Again works in playlist there's no option for this in widget sort method, we are limited until we get more options in sort method unfortunately - even if the date added method actually worked it would be hassle to add new movies to the order as you'd have to remove them everytime just to sort the order out again - just like when black widow is released but in the chronological order it's before a bunch of the last movies. Guess we'll have to wait until cartman eventually shows up and request something like this whenever that is...  

you would think that the standard implementation would be to look for the sort order of the playlist if no order is specified for the widget. But that is not happening. Another strange thing is that you get less sort options for the widgets than you get for the playlists, you would think they would match.
I am not smart enough at all to make such changes. I also don't know if this needs to be done at the Kodi or skin level.

I've been wrecking my brain over this for about a week now, I would have thought that other people would be struggling with this too, but it seems just you and me buddy. So hopefully we are just dumb and somebody can show us the way.

One of the options i used for star wars to add them in canonical form was to use the sorttitle for ordering my playlist.
You will have to change the sorttitle for all of them to something like Star Wars 1, Star Wars 2,.... where Star Wars 4 is the Solo movie,....
You could combine this with the idea from the Universe Wiki. Call them Star Wars 10, Star Wars 20,.... So you can add movies in between.

The only downside to this is that in your main Movie library all those movies will be ordered there too on that sort Title, so you will find Solo in between the other Star Wars movies.

changing the sorttitle in playlist will work
in the playlist but won't reflect in the widget as again that's not an option we have so again it defeats the purpose unfortunately

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-09, 10:47)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-08, 19:59)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-08, 12:23)tantrum080 Wrote: Reading this now makes sense to me, I think this is exactly what I'm doing, which is why I'm having the same issue.

I think to solve this we need an option for the sort method in widget, something like "playlist order".

Only way I can think of doing this without this option is for the sort method to be by date added - remove the movies and add them in the order which you want them in - hopefully this should work. I'm going to try this now.

Edit: Technically this should work but it doesn't for some reason, it keeps showing up in the same order no matter what I do which is some weird order - I think even when you remove the films, clean the library and re add them one by one - they still somehow go by a different order that you first originally added them in. Don't know how to change this.

Edit 2: Just had another idea which should've worked but again the option is there in playlist but not in sort method for the widget so will not work.
Changing the sort method to "path" would work if we renamed the file folders in numerical order for your order eg. folder 1/captain America: the first avenger, folder 2/captain marvel etc.

Again works in playlist there's no option for this in widget sort method, we are limited until we get more options in sort method unfortunately - even if the date added method actually worked it would be hassle to add new movies to the order as you'd have to remove them everytime just to sort the order out again - just like when black widow is released but in the chronological order it's before a bunch of the last movies. Guess we'll have to wait until cartman eventually shows up and request something like this whenever that is...  

you would think that the standard implementation would be to look for the sort order of the playlist if no order is specified for the widget. But that is not happening. Another strange thing is that you get less sort options for the widgets than you get for the playlists, you would think they would match.
I am not smart enough at all to make such changes. I also don't know if this needs to be done at the Kodi or skin level.

I've been wrecking my brain over this for about a week now, I would have thought that other people would be struggling with this too, but it seems just you and me buddy. So hopefully we are just dumb and somebody can show us the way.

One of the options i used for star wars to add them in canonical form was to use the sorttitle for ordering my playlist.
You will have to change the sorttitle for all of them to something like Star Wars 1, Star Wars 2,.... where Star Wars 4 is the Solo movie,....
You could combine this with the idea from the Universe Wiki. Call them Star Wars 10, Star Wars 20,.... So you can add movies in between.

The only downside to this is that in your main Movie library all those movies will be ordered there too on that sort Title, so you will find Solo in between the other Star Wars movies. 

in the playlist but won't reflect in the widget as again that's not an option we have so again it defeats the purpose unfortunately 
you are correct! it will not work for any of the widgets in the hubs. as a work around for that i have moved all my "Universes" to a separate menu item.
Just made a sub menu with the titles of the "Universes", like Marvel, or DC. When you click on the item in the submenu i just let it open the playlist. At least that way they are in the correct order.

Can you also check if you have my other problem? When i use the skin helper widget to put a playlist in a widget in a hub it just does not update.
If i just use the video library/playlist when i want to populate a widget in a hub it updates normally.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-09, 11:06)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 10:47)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-08, 19:59)CK77 Wrote: you would think that the standard implementation would be to look for the sort order of the playlist if no order is specified for the widget. But that is not happening. Another strange thing is that you get less sort options for the widgets than you get for the playlists, you would think they would match.

you are correct! it will not work for any of the widgets in the hubs. as a work around for that i have moved all my "Universes" to a separate menu item.
Just made a sub menu with the titles of the "Universes", like Marvel, or DC. When you click on the item in the submenu i just let it open the playlist. At least that way they are in the correct order.

Can you also check if you have my other problem? When i use the skin helper widget to put a playlist in a widget in a hub it just does not update.
If i just use the video library/playlist when i want to populate a widget in a hub it updates normally.

I'm gonna be out for a few hours, but when I get back I'll check for you

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-09, 14:04)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 11:06)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 10:47)tantrum080 Wrote: changing the sorttitle in playlist will work

Thanks! This is one of my main issues with the skin at the moment.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-10

(2020-05-09, 18:43)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 14:04)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 11:06)CK77 Wrote: you are correct! it will not work for any of the widgets in the hubs. as a work around for that i have moved all my "Universes" to a separate menu item.

Sorry I got held up a bit yesterday, but I checked it this morning for you and everything seems to work fine from this end. https://youtu.be/AV-rjG24Q9s

Takes a little longer than usual to update but it does, have you tried enabling force widget refresh - that might help

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-10

(2020-05-10, 09:22)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 18:43)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 14:04)tantrum080 Wrote: I'm gonna be out for a few hours, but when I get back I'll check for you 

Sorry I got held up a bit yesterday, but I checked it this morning for you and everything seems to work fine from this end. https://youtu.be/AV-rjG24Q9s

Takes a little longer than usual to update but it does, have you tried enabling force widget refresh - that might help 
Crap, you are correct! I should have explained better.
If you just use a playlist in a widget it does refresh, just slower. my problem with not refreshing is when i use a widget in a hub with mixed media, playlist for movies and tv series, then sort by year.

I made a playlist that returns no tv series, just so i could use mixed media select 2 playlists and then be able to select to sort order. Which i set on year so i can sort my MCU playlist by year. It sort of works, but even a day after playing part of a movie the widget is not updated. If i click on the movie and get the info screen it does show the proper state, but on the tile itself it does not say how far(%) into the movie i am. Also if i change some of the artwork it does not get reflected in that wideget. This all works well if i just use the playlist, but then i have no sort order.

(2020-05-10, 09:41)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 09:22)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-09, 18:43)CK77 Wrote: Thanks! This is one of my main issues with the skin at the moment. 

If you just use a playlist in a widget it does refresh, just slower. my problem with not refreshing is when i use a widget in a hub with mixed media, playlist for movies and tv series, then sort by year.

I made a playlist that returns no tv series, just so i could use mixed media select 2 playlists and then be able to select to sort order. Which i set on year so i can sort my MCU playlist by year. It sort of works, but even a day after playing part of a movie the widget is not updated. If i click on the movie and get the info screen it does show the proper state, but on the tile itself it does not say how far(%) into the movie i am. Also if i change some of the artwork it does not get reflected in that wideget. This all works well if i just use the playlist, but then i have no sort order.    

In the image you can see twice the same playlist.
On top it's created by service helper widget/mixed media/playlists/sorted by year
On the bottom the widget is created by service helper widget/movies/playlist

The one on top is sorted right, but it doesn't update
The one on the bottom is sorted randomly, but it does update

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-10

(2020-05-10, 10:16)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 09:41)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 09:22)tantrum080 Wrote: Sorry I got held up a bit yesterday, but I checked it this morning for you and everything seems to work fine from this end. https://youtu.be/AV-rjG24Q9s

On top it's created by service helper widget/mixed media/playlists/sorted by year

Did you try selecting force widget refresh?

(2020-05-10, 15:48)tantrum080 Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 10:16)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-10, 09:41)CK77 Wrote: Crap, you are correct! I should have explained better.

Did you try selecting force widget refresh? 
Yes, i checked for that setting in the Skin Helper Widget Service.
But that doesn't seem to do it. It seems like this behavior is tied to the use of mixed media/playlists
But it's also the only way to somehow sort your playlist when it goes into a widget

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Lucid Euphoria - 2020-05-11

(2020-05-05, 20:27)Lucid Euphoria Wrote: Hiya Guys,

If anyone can help regarding my auto play of local trailers, it would be most appreicated.

I have set the 'Auto-Trailer Interval' to 1, for both my Movies Local Library and TV Shows Local Library (it seems they are linked), but only the TV shows Local Library plays the locally stored trailer after 1 second, the locally stored movie trailers only plays after a 5 sec delay.

I have checked the follwing settings.xml file within: \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.titan.bingie\settings.xml

<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>

Is there anything else I have to change or set manually within another .xml file to correct or fix this, or somewhere in the skin settings that deals with the delay in playing these trailers, or did anyone else have the same issue that can help?

Many thanks for any advice or support, LE

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-05-11

(2020-05-11, 01:27)Lucid Euphoria Wrote:
(2020-05-05, 20:27)Lucid Euphoria Wrote: Hiya Guys,

If anyone can help regarding my auto play of local trailers, it would be most appreicated.

I have set the 'Auto-Trailer Interval' to 1, for both my Movies Local Library and TV Shows Local Library (it seems they are linked), but only the TV shows Local Library plays the locally stored trailer after 1 second, the locally stored movie trailers only plays after a 5 sec delay.

I have checked the follwing settings.xml file within: \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.titan.bingie\settings.xml

<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="details_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval">1</setting>
<setting type="string" id="main_auto_trailer_interval.label">1</setting>

Is there anything else I have to change or set manually within another .xml file to correct or fix this, or somewhere in the skin settings that deals with the delay in playing these trailers, or did anyone else have the same issue that can help?

Many thanks for any advice or support, LE
Not sure about this one. Maybe someone else could respond.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - misterkoat - 2020-05-11

I'm using Bingie home screen style. When I go to any views, it doesn't show fanart for any media just a black background. If I change to any other home screen style, the fanart show. Is there any way I can change that so that I can get, say a TV shows fanart in the background when I select the Tv show?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-11

(2020-05-11, 07:34)misterkoat Wrote: I'm using Bingie home screen style. When I go to any views, it doesn't show fanart for any media just a black background. If I change to any other home screen style, the fanart show. Is there any way I can change that so that I can get, say a TV shows fanart in the background when I select the Tv show?

In the Setting/Media library views there are 2 options:
Show fanart background
Use Extra Fanart

Are those checked?

I use the Bingie home screen style too and for me that all works fine

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-11

You'll be glad to know the marvel issue is sorted - finally. Will post results soon

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tantrum080 - 2020-05-11

Can talk here in real-time if you wish.
https://discord.gg/FmEjCAf