Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-11

(2020-05-11, 09:37)tantrum080 Wrote: Can talk here in real-time if you wish.
https://discord.gg/FmEjCAf

Checked out the chat room but you weren't there
Had to set up an account and they don't let you post for 10min

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - misterkoat - 2020-05-12

(2020-05-11, 07:41)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-11, 07:34)misterkoat Wrote: I'm using Bingie home screen style. When I go to any views, it doesn't show fanart for any media just a black background. If I change to any other home screen style, the fanart show. Is there any way I can change that so that I can get, say a TV shows fanart in the background when I select the Tv show?
In the Setting/Media library views there are 2 options:
Show fanart background
Use Extra Fanart

Are those checked?

I use the Bingie home screen style too and for me that all works fine 

Yes. All that is checked. 

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Takezo36 - 2020-05-12

Hi,

i just discover this awesome work and have a few questions.
 - is there a way to have custom entries in the home menu behave like movies/tvshows so not loading a new window with the other menu?
     i added a shortcut to the home menu to the video addons and also added a widget listing video addons, set everything to bingie views but didn't work out...
 - side question what do the widgets do for custom entries?
 - can i get the skin to really not stop what's playing? i like to keep stuff playing while i navigate to new content
    i unset this force stop option but everytime i open a new view it stops what is playing. so if i'm in an addon and play something i can get back and forth within addons and back to the home screen but once i click on tvshows or movies it stop

Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-12

(2020-05-12, 17:23)Takezo36 Wrote: Hi,

- is there a way to have custom entries in the home menu behave like movies/tvshows so not loading a new window with the other menu?
     i added a shortcut to the home menu to the video addons and also added a widget listing video addons, set everything to bingie views but didn't work out...
 - can i get the skin to really not stop what's playing? i like to keep stuff playing while i navigate to new content
    i unset this force stop option but everytime i open a new view it stops what is playing. so if i'm in an addon and play something i can get back and forth within addons and back to the home screen but once i click on tvshows or movies it stop

Thanks
I can only reply to your first question.
In the menu settings there is the option to create extra hubs. When you click on TV Shows or Movies you end up in the Movies Hub or TH Shows Hub.
There is an option to create a few extra ones of these. But you can't have a whole bunch

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Takezo36 - 2020-05-13

(2020-05-12, 21:01)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 17:23)Takezo36 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks
I can only reply to your first question.
In the menu settings there is the option to create extra hubs. When you click on TV Shows or Movies you end up in the Movies Hub or TH Shows Hub.
There is an option to create a few extra ones of these. But you can't have a whole bunch 

Hi, great thank you. Hubs/My Hub was the thing i was missing/not seeing.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - skatecadet - 2020-05-13

Is it possible to set custom filters for the widgets in the hubs?

Eg- I have a regular home menu item, and I can set a filter - display only 5 items, sort by last watched, ascending.

But if I configure a widget in a hub, I can't see the option to set any filters. Only the 'set label' option.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-13

(2020-05-13, 08:37)skatecadet Wrote: Is it possible to set custom filters for the widgets in the hubs?

Eg- I have a regular home menu item, and I can set a filter - display only 5 items, sort by last watched, ascending.

But if I configure a widget in a hub, I can't see the option to set any filters. Only the 'set label' option.

Sadly enough that is not possible in this skin.
There is some sort of workaround, but it doesn't work well for me.

if it's movies you want in this widget you need to make a playlist for it, but also a TV Show playlist that doesn't return anything.
Then you load the widget in the HUB using skin helper widgets/mixed media/playlists.
Then you select your movie playlist, then your Empty TV Show playlist, now you get an option to sort your widget for certain criteria.

The sorting works, but the widget doesn't refresh properly. If you give it a go, let me know if it works properly for you please.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - alluser - 2020-05-13

Hi ! This theme is almost perfect (for me lol) because I have a minor issue but it drives me crazy.
Everything's working great, except the "Netflix" style menu for More Episodes. I have this menu for now.
Image.
I'm using MiBox 3s on Android 8 and Kodi Leia 18.6 with Bingie Skin 1.0.3 and Repo 1.0.2.
What I've done wrong ? Thanks in advance for your help.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Takezo36 - 2020-05-13

(2020-05-13, 14:03)alluser Wrote: Hi ! This theme is almost perfect (for me lol) because I have a minor issue but it drives me crazy.
Everything's working great, except the "Netflix" style menu for More Episodes. I have this menu for now.
Image.
I'm using MiBox 3s on Android 8 and Kodi Leia 18.6 with Bingie Skin 1.0.3 and Repo 1.0.2.
What I've done wrong ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Press left to open the menu and go down to view options and select bingie episode as view and lock the view afterwards

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - alluser - 2020-05-13

It's was so easy I can't believe !
Thank you very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very much !

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - skatecadet - 2020-05-14

(2020-05-13, 10:58)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-13, 08:37)skatecadet Wrote: Is it possible to set custom filters for the widgets in the hubs?

Sadly enough that is not possible in this skin.
There is some sort of workaround, but it doesn't work well for me.

if it's movies you want in this widget you need to make a playlist for it, but also a TV Show playlist that doesn't return anything.
Then you load the widget in the HUB using skin helper widgets/mixed media/playlists.
Then you select your movie playlist, then your Empty TV Show playlist, now you get an option to sort your widget for certain criteria.

The sorting works, but the widget doesn't refresh properly. If you give it a go, let me know if it works properly for you please. 

Hey thanks for the tips. Unfortunately this method won't work for me, as I have nothing in my local library. I'm working solely with video add-ons.

I've got an issue with navigation - it's a little hard to explain but please bear with me.

The problem is that my navigation gets 'stuck' at certain times, where the screen is almost blank except for the menu bar on the left. Pressing up, down, left, right, enter, esc, backspace does nothing. I can hear the sounds for the key presses, but it's not actually changing anything on the screen.
I fix this by moving my mouse slightly (I only have mouse enabled to deal with this issue). This will move the navigation focus, so I move the mouse over to the menu on the left, then I can continue navigating again with the keys on my remote control or keyboard.

First I will explain the set-up of my main menu: (when I say 'menu widgets', I mean the widgets that you set up by going in to skins settings > edit menu shortcuts, as opposed to the hub widgets).
1. TV Shows - action: noop , 3 menu widgets
2. Movies Hub - action: ActivateWindow(1111,return) , 3 Hub widgets , 0 menu widgets
3. Live TV - action: ActivateWindow(TVGuide)
4. Weather - action: ActiveWindow(Weather)
5. System - action: ActivateWindow(Settings) , submenu: file manager, skin settings

I can trigger the navigation behaviour I described above in a few different ways:
When backing out of either skin settings, weather or Tvguide by using either backspace or esc
If I open the Movies Hub, then press backspace or esc

If I open skin settings and make a change where it needs to rebuild the menu, then when I exit the settings using backspace or esc, I get taken back to the main menu with 1. TV shows (and it's widgets) showing, and navigation not broken.

The navigation issue exist when the last thing browsed on the home page was TV Shows.

Now if I open Movies, which is a hub, then the triggers I listed above (backing out of settings, tv guide or weather) will instead take me back to the Movies hub.

The navigation issue exists even when the Movies hub is disabled from the menu. I don't actually want it in the menu, I just enabled it for testing purposes.

I guess I could solve this issue by having my TV Shows menu item be a hub instead, but I don't want to. I don't like hubs, because I can't customise the widgets in the way that I want.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-14

(2020-05-14, 04:42)skatecadet Wrote: I've got an issue with navigation - it's a little hard to explain but please bear with me.

The problem is that my navigation gets 'stuck' at certain times, where the screen is almost blank except for the menu bar on the left. Pressing up, down, left, right, enter, esc, backspace does nothing. I can hear the sounds for the key presses, but it's not actually changing anything on the screen.
I fix this by moving my mouse slightly (I only have mouse enabled to deal with this issue). This will move the navigation focus, so I move the mouse over to the menu on the left, then I can continue navigating again with the keys on my remote control or keyboard.

First I will explain the set-up of my main menu: (when I say 'menu widgets', I mean the widgets that you set up by going in to skins settings > edit menu shortcuts, as opposed to the hub widgets).
2. Movies Hub - action: ActivateWindow(1111,return) , 3 Hub widgets , 0 menu widgets
5. System - action: ActivateWindow(Settings) , submenu: file manager, skin settings

I can trigger the navigation behaviour I described above in a few different ways:
When backing out of either skin settings, weather or Tvguide by using either backspace or esc

If I open skin settings and make a change where it needs to rebuild the menu, then when I exit the settings using backspace or esc, I get taken back to the main menu with 1. TV shows (and it's widgets) showing, and navigation not broken.

The navigation issue exist when the last thing browsed on the home page was TV Shows.

Now if I open Movies, which is a hub, then the triggers I listed above (backing out of settings, tv guide or weather) will instead take me back to the Movies hub.

The navigation issue exists even when the Movies hub is disabled from the menu. I don't actually want it in the menu, I just enabled it for testing purposes.

I guess I could solve this issue by having my TV Shows menu item be a hub instead, but I don't want to. I don't like hubs, because I can't customise the widgets in the way that I want.

Try this and see if it solves the problem. I was running into the same issue since i moved away from hubs
In the Skin settings: Homescreen layout/Menu Options check the first option Focus the homemenu when entering the home screen.

Also turn of the mouse, it avoids the problem from occuring. If something goes wrong you can always press S on your keyboard to get the settings menu

(2020-05-14, 05:08)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-05-14, 04:42)skatecadet Wrote: I've got an issue with navigation - it's a little hard to explain but please bear with me.

Try this and see if it solves the problem. I was running into the same issue since i moved away from hubs
In the Skin settings: Homescreen layout/Menu Options check the first option Focus the homemenu when entering the home screen.

Also turn of the mouse, it avoids the problem from occuring. If something goes wrong you can always press S on your keyboard to get the settings menu  

Ahhhhh you're a bloody legend!
The option to focus homemenu worked!
Putting my last remaining hub in the bin now Big Grin

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-14

(2020-05-14, 05:36)skatecadet Wrote:
(2020-05-14, 05:08)CK77 Wrote:

Ahhhhh you're a bloody legend!
The option to focus homemenu worked!
Putting my last remaining hub in the bin now Big Grin 
I've been messing about with hubs, playlists not sorting, playlists not updating,....
I really liked the idea of the HUBS, but they just don't work as expected.

Just redid my whole layout this week so i don't use HUBS anymore. 
So i ran into your problem only 2 days ago Smile