Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-23

(2020-05-23, 19:00)rorolei Wrote: Hi guys,
new user here - thanks ENORMOUSLY for the amazing skin. You're awesome! I almost finished setting this up and it rocks already. 
Could you kindly help me:
  1. How do I disable the prebuilt categories in the homepage? They are not related to the editable widget.
  2. How do I disable the Title with black background overlay on each movie when in landscape view?
  3. How does the search on homemenu work? Whatever I type in it will not find anything.
  4. How do I recover the "Add to my list" button when spotlighting a film? It's missing in my skin.
  5. Will a good samaritan come and tell us how to set up trakt + smart playlist + addons as per the review video of page 1?

I think i can answer 1 and 2 for you:
1. in the skin settings/configure short cuts there is an option to edit menu shortcuts. There you can create your own menu entries and you can also tell what widgets you  want to show up there.
2. for pictures to show up in landscape you either have to have a landscape image for that movie or tv series, or you need to have fanart and a clearlogo, which Kodi will them combine in a landscape pic for you.

Search just works for me. Do you use your own library or do you use addons only? I believe the search function only works on your local library, but i might be wrong about this.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-05-24

(2020-04-30, 16:05)je1992 Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 06:02)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 04:49)tinnyskillz Wrote: Yup, i removed the original files, and added yours. 
Let me know I can give you those files somehow 
Hey amn, I am very interested in your modifications, any chance you could also send me the files in DM. Thanks a lot Smile
Yes I can send you the files on my day off Wednesday.

(2020-05-01, 15:52)minhgi Wrote:
(2020-05-01, 14:13)AchillesPunks Wrote: I will not be on to help until Wednesday.

Hi Achilles.. there any plan to release your custom version of Titan BiNGIE to the public? Definitely would like play around with different skins of Titan modificatiion.
I'll send you a link on Wednesday

(2020-04-22, 20:18)minisergium Wrote:
(2020-04-12, 23:53)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-04-05, 08:35)minisergium Wrote: Thanks mourogers. It didn't work, but I managed to get it touching here and there... Wink  

Any idea to just reduce that big grey menu to a slim main menu only with icons? (I think I've seen that in some screenshots, but I don't find the way...) 

You could reduce the menu to just icons, but it takes some editing of the xml. I have done this before but I found some issues here and there so changed back and edited The spacing and color of the icons selected. 
Thanks for the feedback!
I can edit the side menu for you now I figured out how to have it always show just like Netflix. But it will be on Wednesday

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - rorolei - 2020-05-24

(2020-05-23, 20:38)CK77 Wrote:
new user here - thanks ENORMOUSLY for the amazing skin. You're awesome! I almost finished setting this up and it rocks already. 
  1. How do I disable the prebuilt categories in the homepage? They are not related to the editable widget.
  2. How do I disable the Title with black background overlay on each movie when in landscape view?
  3. How does the search on homemenu work? Whatever I type in it will not find anything.
  4. How do I recover the "Add to my list" button when spotlighting a film? It's missing in my skin.
  5. Will a good samaritan come and tell us how to set up trakt + smart playlist + addons as per the review video of page 1?

1. in the skin settings/configure short cuts there is an option to edit menu shortcuts. There you can create your own menu entries and you can also tell what widgets you  want to show up there.
2. for pictures to show up in landscape you either have to have a landscape image for that movie or tv series, or you need to have fanart and a clearlogo, which Kodi will them combine in a landscape pic for you.

Search just works for me. Do you use your own library or do you use addons only? I believe the search function only works on your local library, but i might be wrong about this. 

Hey thanks for that man. I was aware of how to edit the shortcuts but the categories for some reasons were not going away. After a few restarts I don't see em anymore now Smile.

For my issue n.2 I changed to poster which doesn't have that overlay.

For the search I would need to have it search through an addon. But that guy in the youtube video set it up so that it pulls stuff from addon to the local library (through Trakt and OpenMeta) and that's where all the playlists on the homepage come from. Which brings me to point 5.
If anybody could point out through a quick tutorial of how to set this one up it'd be awesome!
Quote:5.Will a good samaritan come and tell us how to set up trakt + smart playlist + addons as per the review video of page 1?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - rorolei - 2020-05-24

(2020-05-24, 17:15)rorolei Wrote:

Hey thanks for that man. I was aware of how to edit the shortcuts but the categories for some reasons were not going away. After a few restarts I don't see em anymore now Smile.

For the search I would need to have it search through an addon. But that guy in the youtube video set it up so that it pulls stuff from addon to the local library (through Trakt and OpenMeta) and that's where all the playlists on the homepage come from. Which brings me to point 5.
If anybody could point out through a quick tutorial of how to set this one up it'd be awesome!
Quote:5.Will a good samaritan come and tell us how to set up trakt + smart playlist + addons as per the review video of page 1?

(2020-05-24, 17:18)rorolei Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 20:38)CK77 Wrote: I think i can answer 1 and 2 for you:

In settings go to general search click search for add-ons.
Issue#2. Settings bingie home, click display tags on widgets hit disable. If you want the tags gone in landscape.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-05-25

If you prefer the landscape view over the poster view, you just need to make sure that when you download images for your movies that you get a landscape or a fanart and clearlogo. If you don't have those you will always get a black box with just the title overlay

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - cscott1 - 2020-05-25

So yeah the guy in the video me used Library integration I didn't use the open meta addon but I would in the future. Really its not that hard to do cant really do a tutorial because of the questionable addons most people use to setup their library. However if you google search kodi addon library integration you will find several tutorials on how to do it. 
Once you get your Library set up then you will want to use Tags and or Smart Playlists or Smart Playlists made from Tags lol that's what I did anyway.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

I realize when reading these wikis it looks like a daunting task for a newby but its really not that hard just experiment you'll figure it out, if not google is your friend and other areas in this forum also go into more detail and easy methods for setting these up.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - rorolei - 2020-05-25

(2020-05-25, 13:35)cscott1 Wrote:
Quote: 5.Will a good samaritan come and tell us how to set up trakt + smart playlist + addons as per the review video of page 1?
So yeah the guy in the video me used Library integration I didn't use the open meta addon but I would in the future. Really its not that hard to do cant really do a tutorial because of the questionable addons most people use to setup their library. However if you google search kodi addon library integration you will find several tutorials on how to do it. 
Once you get your Library set up then you will want to use Tags and or Smart Playlists or Smart Playlists made from Tags lol that's what I did anyway.

I realize when reading these wikis it looks like a daunting task for a newby but its really not that hard just experiment you'll figure it out, if not google is your friend and other areas in this forum also go into more detail and easy methods for setting these up.  

Hey Cscott thanks! At the moment I set up the whole Bingie Skin with OpenMeta, OpenInfo and Trakt - still not integrating with local library.
Which is really pretty awesome but I reckon the main advantage of integrating an addon with the library would be that titles and trailers load faster?
Or is there any other advantage with that setup?

(2020-05-25, 14:08)rorolei Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 13:35)cscott1 Wrote:

Hey Cscott thanks! At the moment I set up the whole Bingie Skin with OpenMeta, OpenInfo and Trakt - still not integrating with local library.
Which is really pretty awesome but I reckon the main advantage of integrating an addon with the library would be that titles and trailers load faster?
Yeah man the widgets load in a couple seconds as opposed to painfully watching them load for 30 seconds or more and some of my widget literally have 100 plus items in them. The trailers always take about 20 seconds to load unless you pull from your own local trailers. That is too much work to do in my personal opinion. I turned off the automatic trailers except for in the home widget. If I want to watch the trailer I play it manually from the info dialog screen. Honestly the automatic trailers annoy me so much that I turned them off in Netflix as well. I have Bingie set up so close to Netflix that I get confused on which one I'm using sometimes.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/06/how-to-turn-off-netflix-autoplay-previews.html

The other benefit is that you can have exactly what you want in each widget as opposed to whatever cookie cutter pattern your addon determines it wants in a certain category. Like if you want a Netflix Originals widget for example you can add every single Netflix original tv show to a Tag or Smart playlst and make that a widget where there are over 100 shows, trust me I have done it. If you try to use a Netflix category from an addon you might get 20 so you miss out on a lot. I guess you can accomplish this buy making a Trakt list but your going to watch it load forever.

(2020-05-25, 14:28)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 14:08)rorolei Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 13:35)cscott1 Wrote: So yeah the guy in the video me used Library integration I didn't use the open meta addon but I would in the future. Really its not that hard to do cant really do a tutorial because of the questionable addons most people use to setup their library. However if you google search kodi addon library integration you will find several tutorials on how to do it. 

Yeah man the widgets load in a couple seconds as oppose to painfully watching them load for 30 seconds or more and some of my widget literally have 100 plus items in them. The trailers always take about 20 seconds to load unless you pull from your own local trailers. That is too much work to do in my personal opinion. I turned off the automatic trailers except for the in the home widget. If I want to watch the trailer I play it manually from the info dialog screen. Honestly the automatic trailers annoy me so much that I turned them off in Netflix as well. I have Bingie set up so close to Netflix that I get confused on which one I'm using sometimes.

Gotcha! Would that mean though that stuff synced in this way to your local library would occupy actual physical space on your hard disk, SD, raspberry or whatever device you use?

(2020-05-25, 14:34)rorolei Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 14:28)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-05-25, 14:08)rorolei Wrote: Hey Cscott thanks! At the moment I set up the whole Bingie Skin with OpenMeta, OpenInfo and Trakt - still not integrating with local library.
Yeah man the widgets load in a couple seconds as oppose to painfully watching them load for 30 seconds or more and some of my widget literally have 100 plus items in them. The trailers always take about 20 seconds to load unless you pull from your own local trailers. That is too much work to do in my personal opinion. I turned off the automatic trailers except for the in the home widget. If I want to watch the trailer I play it manually from the info dialog screen. Honestly the automatic trailers annoy me so much that I turned them off in Netflix as well. I have Bingie set up so close to Netflix that I get confused on which one I'm using sometimes.

Gotcha! Would that mean though that stuff synced in this way to your local library would occupy actual physical space on your hard disk, SD, raspberry or whatever device you use? 
yes it does thats why it is so fast everything is cached. My kodi build is about 3GB in size so you need a lil space but its worth it in my opinion.

deleted

Thanks for the great help. I'm gonna ask something slightly more technical:

at the moment I got the SEARCH widget which points to the openInfo search engine which is great as it allows many filters.
It's this: RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=search_menu)

How do I edit the script so that the widget automatically lists an OpenInfo search eg.: all movies in Portuguese language, sorted by descending date.?