Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - serat - 2019-01-21

(2019-01-21, 23:19)serat Wrote: The ratings(imdb and tmdb) are shown pretty late for me. It takes at least 5 seconds to be shown. Anybody else facing this issue?
The ratings in the footer is meant. If I have the movies in slim list view, I can see that all the ratings are there, but if I have the movies in poster view, then the ratings in the footer are loaded really slow.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - neurosis13 - 2019-01-22

(2019-01-21, 23:19)serat Wrote: The ratings(imdb and tmdb) are shown pretty late for me. It takes at least 5 seconds to be shown. Anybody else facing this issue?
 you need an api key from the moviedb

www.themoviedb.org

insert it under settings/skin settings/supported addons/metadata artwork module/api keys

enjoy the speed :-)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - serat - 2019-01-22

(2019-01-22, 02:45)neurosis13 Wrote:
 you need an api key from the moviedb

www.themoviedb.org

insert it under settings/skin settings/supported addons/metadata artwork module/api keys

enjoy the speed :-)
Great! Thanks a lot, seems to be a lot more faster now Smile

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-22

TEST
Is it possible? sure. Is it doable on a multiple choice layouts/different number of widgets? not so much.
Maybe one day...

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - mardukL - 2019-01-22

(2019-01-22, 22:36)cartman.dos Wrote: TEST
Is it possible? sure. Is it doable on a multiple choice layouts/different number of widgets? not so much.
Maybe one day...
Its possible if widgets Layouts (rows) have the same height, than its doable with slide animation, but it s enormous workaraound on titan.

But hey great effort, man. :-)

did you think about, exclude the focus  frame from the widget and place it on a fixed position in the layout?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-01-23

(2019-01-22, 23:42)mardukL Wrote:
Maybe one day...
Its possible if widgets Layouts (rows) have the same height, than its doable with slide animation, but it s enormous workaraound on titan.

did you think about, exclude the focus  frame from the widget and place it on a fixed position in the layout? 
 Thanks man, it gets much more complicated than that because you can have about 40 widget rows, with ids that can vary in order (1+2+...39+40) combinations, different height layout, that themselves have some customization that have affect (aspect ratios/zoom effects) and then you got empty widgets that currently have height (more combination orders).
And to write it in xml and not code that allow for value calculations... well, this is a huge mess. I mean even Netflix themselves have it easier, because they don't allow customization and have a 'controlled enviorment', it reminds me when I wrote the code piece for the trailers in home with the overlay effect. diff aspect ratios really mess it up but netflix have all there trailers 'local' and so they can use the same aspect ratio. I noticed a few days ago a trailer for an old movie on netflix running trailer had 4:3 and it looked bad with sharp edges, it showed that their code is not designed to deal with this case. not to say they have it wrong, just pointing out another reason why mimicking their UI is so hard.

IMPORTANT UPDATES

(1) @ron1n ,@cscott1  , and EVERYONE else who're using Kodi on an AnroidTV platform (MiBox, Nvidia Shield, etc...)
I think that I was able to fix the issue with Skin Helper->MetaDataUtils crashing. It's a silent crash that does NOT pop notification error. It does however log it as a dictionary change - runtime error. The symptoms are that every meta related to Skin Helper get 'stuck' on some point (for me it happened everytime after a few minutes) and cause incorrect clearlogos, background image, details, etc... usually it will just show the last ones the SH pulled before it crashed.

I need you guys to test it and report if it fixes the issue for you and if it doesn't raise any new one. I'm holding from releasing it via the Repo as this change is in a core function and I don't want push it before I'm sure it's stable.
EDIT: ​DOWNLOAD PRE-RELEASE FOR TESTING

(2) 0.3 pre-release notes: from 0.3 version menu navigation will change drastically in netflix layout. home and hubs will be 'seperated' windows and thus to navigate back to home you'll have to add 'Home' shortcut to your menu if u've a pre-installed version. This shortcut will be available in the update.
(3) Skin Helper Service pre-release note: next version will have a built-in command to get local trailers for tvshows. So you can start adding local trailers to your tv shows collection. For it to be recognized correctly the file should be named either 'tvshow-trailer'.ext OR <tvshow-foldername>'-trailer'.ext and need to be inside the tvshow's folder. (nothing will change from the skin prespective, it will just grab the trailer instead of youtube lookup, which improves fetching times by a lot)

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-23

(2019-01-23, 14:12)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-01-22, 23:42)mardukL Wrote:
Maybe one day...

Thanks man, it gets much more complicated than that because you can have about 40 widget rows, with ids that can vary in order (1+2+...39+40) combinations, different height layout, that themselves have some customization that have affect (aspect ratios/zoom effects) and then you got empty widgets that currently have height (more combination orders).
And to write it in xml and not code that allow for value calculations... well, this is a huge mess. I mean even Netflix themselves have it easier, because they don't allow customization and have a 'controlled enviorment', it reminds me when I wrote the code piece for the trailers in home with the overlay effect. diff aspect ratios really mess it up but netflix have all there trailers 'local' and so they can use the same aspect ratio. I noticed a few days ago a trailer for an old movie on netflix running trailer had 4:3 and it looked bad with sharp edges, it showed that their code is not designed to deal with this case. not to say they have it wrong, just pointing out another reason why mimicking their UI is so hard.

Have you considered instead of making adjustments to Titan instead starting from scratch with a much less customizable skin? Kind of similar to the kodiflix skin only with all the cool stuff you have done that makes Titan better the landscape artwork, auto trailers, Netflix info dialog screen, wide Netflix view etc. Don't get me wrong I love Titan but sometimes less is more. I set it as close to Netflix as possible so all the extra views and those things that make Titan so customizable and complex and difficult to code just take up space for me.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-23

Sweet patiently waiting for the update or where can I get an early update to test?

(2019-01-23, 19:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-01-23, 14:12)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-01-22, 23:42)mardukL Wrote: Its possible if widgets Layouts (rows) have the same height, than its doable with slide animation, but it s enormous workaraound on titan.

Have you considered instead of making adjustments to Titan instead starting from scratch with a much less customizable skin? Kind of similar to the kodiflix skin only with all the cool stuff you have done that makes Titan better the landscape artwork, auto trailers, Netflix info dialog screen, wide Netflix view etc. Don't get me wrong I love Titan but sometimes less is more. I set it as close to Netflix as possible so all the extra views and those things that make Titan so customizable and complex and difficult to code just take up space for me. 
Of course I did. but this will take A LOT of time, which I don't have atm.
The features i've wrote and changes could be later implemented with ease to a 'new' skin if someone would have the motivation and time for it as I try to leave documentation and write as modular as I can and leave commits for each change/feature.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - ron1n - 2019-01-24

Thanks, I've updated Skin Helper Widgets from your repo and installed your new metadata module. Been about 10 minutes, so far no issue but I'll keep you updated.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-26

OK have the new .3 update circular navigation is great. One problem some of my menu thumbnails got screwed up in the update and I can't set the thumbnails for some reason any ideas?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - Comma - 2019-01-26

I updated Skin Helper Widgets and installed the new metadata module yesterday so far so good haven't noticed any issues on Nvidia Shield.

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - sanangel - 2019-01-26

(2019-01-26, 05:25)cscott1 Wrote: [font][font]OK tener la nueva .3 navegación circular de actualización es genial. [/font][font]¿Un problema que algunas de las miniaturas de mi menú se arruinaron en la actualización y no puedo configurar las miniaturas por alguna razón, alguna idea?[/font][/font]
  I have the same problem

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 (UPDATED 18/01/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-01-26

(2019-01-26, 12:17)sanangel Wrote:
(2019-01-26, 05:25)cscott1 Wrote: [font][font]OK tener la nueva .3 navegación circular de actualización es genial. [/font][font]¿Un problema que algunas de las miniaturas de mi menú se arruinaron en la actualización y no puedo configurar las miniaturas por alguna razón, alguna idea?[/font][/font]
  I have the same problem

I was able to remedy this by first changing the shortcut didn't really change it just remapped it to what it was then I was able to set the thumbnails.