Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-06-04

(2020-06-04, 00:37)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 00:29)CK77 Wrote: @AchillesPunks 

It took a while to edit all my .nfo files, but i'm so close now to the setup i want Smile
I bet that took a long time with all.nfo files you edited. I thought about what you said but it will take forever. I might do a little bit at a time. Congrats.
I' lucky i use Emby, they have a metadata editor build in so i didn't have to manually edit the .nfo files.
I'll probably go over my whole library over time to change some of the more obscure studios or bad studio icons into something else, but that will be only with maybe 10 movies a day or so.

Do you think you will have time in the next few days to have a look at making the Studio icons show up naturally on the Bingie Landscape view?
So we don't have to change views to get it to work.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-06-04

(2020-06-04, 00:43)CK77 Wrote:

It took a while to edit all my .nfo files, but i'm so close now to the setup i want Smile
I bet that took a long time with all.nfo files you edited. I thought about what you said but it will take forever. I might do a little bit at a time. Congrats.
I' lucky i use Emby, they have a metadata editor build in so i didn't have to manually edit the .nfo files.
I'll probably go over my whole library over time to change some of the more obscure studios or bad studio icons into something else, but that will be only with maybe 10 movies a day or so.

Do you think you will have time in the next few days to have a look at making the Studio icons show up naturally on the Bingie Landscape view?
Sure I'll check it out. I can't get on my PC right now. I just woke up a hour ago, and wife will not like it. On my phone now, but I really want to start the PC up. Lol.

There is also the media data info editor in kodi as well.

(2020-06-04, 01:19)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 00:37)AchillesPunks Wrote: I bet that took a long time with all.nfo files you edited. I thought about what you said but it will take forever. I might do a little bit at a time. Congrats.

Sure I'll check it out. I can't get on my PC right now. I just woke up a hour ago, and wife will not like it. On my phone now, but I really want to start the PC up. Lol.

Hahahaha, fair enough. Let me know whenever you have the time and if you need more info.
Still don't think it will be hard for you since it already works with a simple work around.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - vrds - 2020-06-04

(2020-06-04, 00:27)CK77 Wrote: @vrds 

How did you get started with editing your own XML files?
I looked at some of the views, but it's just so daunting.
I just did some basic stuff, like reducing the spotlight image size ( I prefer it smaller ate the right corner instead os almost all the screen)
and put back the “new episodes” tags that appear on series, back align to left.

basicly I just look at the code I try to figure out what it does, and with try-error I got it.
bur for more complex things I don’t my method will work kkk,

(2020-06-04, 00:19)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-03, 21:34)vrds Wrote: @AchillesPunks 

Quick question, is there a way to make changes in the XML files and keep the kodi open to test does changes, or each change in the XML files we need to re-open kodi?
I'm not a programer, but I'm trying to make some changes for me (already did some "cosmetic ones")

Now I will try to make the libraries to show Info Page, when click, instead of play the files (similiar to what happen in the Home widgets), probaly is too much for me, but I will try kkkkk Smile
Looks like your top question has been answered, and is correct.
Question 2.
Kodi skin setting/media/video/on the right hand side select information instead of resume. You don't need to edit the skin.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, your suggestion works, but creates another problem, if put information instead of resume, then in the episodes view, when select and episode instead of play, it goes to the information page, so it will need some kind of edit, either on the episodes to play (when the default is show information), to I. The library view to open info (when the default is resume) :/

(2020-06-04, 01:55)vrds Wrote:

I just did some basic stuff, like reducing the spotlight image size ( I prefer it smaller ate the right corner instead os almost all the screen)

basicly I just look at the code I try to figure out what it does, and with try-error I got it.
I had moved the new episodes because Netflix has them centered now. But could have moved them back if needed. And the spotlight I made it bigger just because it looked really nice on our big TV but guess I I could leave a edit without spotlight edits.

(2020-06-04, 01:59)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 00:19)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-03, 21:34)vrds Wrote: @AchillesPunks 

Quick question, is there a way to make changes in the XML files and keep the kodi open to test does changes, or each change in the XML files we need to re-open kodi?
I'm not a programer, but I'm trying to make some changes for me (already did some "cosmetic ones")

Now I will try to make the libraries to show Info Page, when click, instead of play the files (similiar to what happen in the Home widgets), probaly is too much for me, but I will try kkkkk Smile
Looks like your top question has been answered, and is correct.
Question 2.
Kodi skin setting/media/video/on the right hand side select information instead of resume. You don't need to edit the skin.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, your suggestion works, but creates another problem, if put information instead of resume, then in the episodes view, when select and episode instead of play, it goes to the information page, so it will need some kind of edit, either on the episodes to play (when the default is show information), to I. The library view to open info (when the default is resume) :/
I'll look at the episodes how it jumps to information page, it just never really bothered me. Unless you edit the code first.

VRDS.
Are you using my edits of the skin

(2020-06-04, 03:19)AchillesPunks Wrote:

I had moved the new episodes because Netflix has them centered now. But could have moved them back if needed. And the spotlight I made it bigger just because it looked really nice on our big TV but guess I I could leave a edit without spotlight edits.
No worries, is just personal preferences, I have already sort it out Wink

(2020-06-04, 03:21)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 01:59)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 00:19)AchillesPunks Wrote: Looks like your top question has been answered, and is correct.
Question 2.
I'll look at the episodes how it jumps to information page, it just never really bothered me. Unless you edit the code first.
Actually I’ve celebrated too soon, your suggestion works on movies, but not on tv shows.
the only thing it bothers me a little bit is, if I want to go trough the library, and not the widget, if I want to see more detail, play a trailer or add to my lis, I need to bring back the context menu and then go to info page, it was much smoother (specially for the lady in the house) to just go to the info panel directly from the library view, instead of directly play the movie or go straight to episodes list.

(2020-06-04, 03:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:

VRDS.

I’m, but I just did a fresh install of the original Bingie to check if the default action of show information worked on tv shows, but it doesn’t either... Sad

(2020-06-04, 03:31)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 03:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 01:55)vrds Wrote: I just did some basic stuff, like reducing the spotlight image size ( I prefer it smaller ate the right corner instead os almost all the screen)

VRDS.

I’m, but I just did a fresh install of the original Bingie to check if the default action of show information worked on tv shows, but it doesn’t either... Sad
Are you using Kodi on a pc with KB?
If so you can always just press the i key when on a tv show to get the info screen, from there you can move into the episodes

(2020-06-04, 04:09)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 03:31)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-04, 03:23)AchillesPunks Wrote: VRDS.

Are you using Kodi on a pc with KB?
If so you can always just press the i key when on a tv show to get the info screen, from there you can move into the episodes

I have Kodi on PC to make my experiences in editing, but the real use of it is on a shield box, but thanks for the tip Smile

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 2/5/2019) - DragonTurtle - 2020-06-04

(2019-05-27, 16:06)cartman.dos Wrote: in the works...
ImageImage

The first image shows a widget layout called widget Highlights I think, I'm using Bingie 1.03 and in my file directory, I have a similar image showing this layout. 
\skin.titan.bingie-master\extras\viewthumbs  image call widget_highlight.jpg 

I have been trying to find this layout but it's not listed in my Bingie. I only have 12 widget layouts    
Poster 
Landscape 
Landscape small 
Single Box
square 
mini square 
small posters 
wide box
Banner 
Landscape large 
Landscape detail 
Poster Details 

If that widget layout isn't available is there a way to increase the size of one of these widgets I mentioned, wherein the XML can I edit these or add more widgets? 
e.g to make landscape large widget layout bigger to look more like the image shown.