Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - vrds - 2020-06-08

(2020-06-07, 20:09)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 14:41)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 02:23)CK77 Wrote: I have managed to get all that to work in the last week Smile
That is, everywhere except for in the HUBS.
Hit me up if you need help.

Regarding not getting IMDB ratings, do you have an OMDB key in the addon settings? (Skin settings - supported addons - Metadata and Artwork module)
I'm getting pretty much all ratings now, but i did have a omdb api key and tmdb api key.
What i did notice was that even when deleting the Kodi DB and all the cache, to start "fresh" it seems it was keeping some data stored somewhere and i would always get the same few ratings. Once i really started from scratch Kodi all of a sudden picked up ratings for everything.

Just a quick question, do all your Series has TVDB ratings, a lot of mine shows the Icon wiht the rating 0.0
does it happens with you also?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-06-08

(2020-06-08, 03:29)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 14:41)vrds Wrote: Regarding not getting IMDB ratings, do you have an OMDB key in the addon settings? (Skin settings - supported addons - Metadata and Artwork module)
I'm getting pretty much all ratings now, but i did have a omdb api key and tmdb api key.
What i did notice was that even when deleting the Kodi DB and all the cache, to start "fresh" it seems it was keeping some data stored somewhere and i would always get the same few ratings. Once i really started from scratch Kodi all of a sudden picked up ratings for everything.

Just a quick question, do all your Series has TVDB ratings, a lot of mine shows the Icon wiht the rating 0.0
Yes i do have some with 0.0 for TVDB ratings.
No idea yet how to solve that one Smile

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 - allanjoel - 2020-06-08

(2018-08-25, 13:22)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-08-24, 23:25)stujohaigh Wrote: Hi Cartman.dos,
Absolutely brilliant skin.
One suggestion that I would really love you to implement if you could. mardukL is adding a split screen feature for TV shows in his titan mod where the show, seasons and episodes are on one screen. I was thinking could you use this on the episode screen and add the feature of choosing the season (where it shows the current season presently) and it changes the episodes respectively.
I think it would complement your already amazing mod, if this is what your giving us on the beta I cannot wait to see what you've got in store for the updates. (any teasers hint hint?).
If you able to copy this to the 1080i folder of the skin. Than change/rename the numbers 526 to 525 of xml name and inside the xml , and you should be able to have seasons and episode in one view...

video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QAj-J5B_cJVP1R4JYwWw4-6BmmCTOz99/view?usp=drivesdk

Im sorry for be a noob, but where can is the 1080i folder? im looking on the skin folder, and decopile the texture.xbt and there is nothing. Can somebody please tell me where is  the folder?

RE: Titan BINGIE MODE - Kodi 18 - CK77 - 2020-06-08

(2020-06-08, 07:05)allanjoel Wrote:
(2018-08-25, 13:22)mardukL Wrote:
(2018-08-24, 23:25)stujohaigh Wrote: Hi Cartman.dos,
Absolutely brilliant skin.
One suggestion that I would really love you to implement if you could. mardukL is adding a split screen feature for TV shows in his titan mod where the show, seasons and episodes are on one screen. I was thinking could you use this on the episode screen and add the feature of choosing the season (where it shows the current season presently) and it changes the episodes respectively.
I think it would complement your already amazing mod, if this is what your giving us on the beta I cannot wait to see what you've got in store for the updates. (any teasers hint hint?).
If you able to copy this to the 1080i folder of the skin. Than change/rename the numbers 526 to 525 of xml name and inside the xml , and you should be able to have seasons and episode in one view...

video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QAj-J5B_cJVP1R4JYwWw4-6BmmCTOz99/view?usp=drivesdk

Im sorry for be a noob, but where can is the 1080i folder? im looking on the skin folder, and decopile the texture.xbt and there is nothing. Can somebody please tell me where is  the folder?

If you just want to recreate what you see in the video, it's standard available in the skin now.
It's the Bingie Episode view

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - nazim12 - 2020-06-08

(2020-06-08, 02:54)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 01:42)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 01:39)CK77 Wrote: yes the omdb api keys are very short compared to the ones from fanart or tmdb. 8 digits seems about right.
I went with landscape because with posters i only get one row of widgets on my screen. I only have 1080p tv

your skin is ready but strangely u are not using Clear art Pictures , they are way way better then Landscape pictures

what do you mean clear art pictures.
Don't you just use Large Landscape on your setup?
What's the difference between clear art pictures and Landscape?
Landscape pictures are simple with title on it  but Clear art pictures are kind of 3D (Characters Highlighted) where Background of picture black but when you are on it , it changes to white in background and reflect true Fine art . see these picture again they are not simple landscapes .

https://i.postimg.cc/90khr3Zj/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/bJTYYFmz/image.png

(2020-06-08, 09:37)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 02:54)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 01:42)nazim12 Wrote: your skin is ready but strangely u are not using Clear art Pictures , they are way way better then Landscape pictures

what do you mean clear art pictures.
Landscape pictures are simple with title on it  but Clear art pictures are kind of 3D (Characters Highlighted) where Background of picture black but when you are on it , it changes to white in background and reflect true Fine art . see these picture again they are not simple landscapes .

ok, i see that now.
How do you change that?
I've had a quick look in the settings, but don't see that option.

(2020-06-08, 10:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 09:37)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 02:54)CK77 Wrote: what do you mean clear art pictures.

ok, i see that now.
How do you change that?
I think it was on third tab ... Prefer Clearart over landscape then refresh or restart . But i think you might need to scan through Artbeef first .

(2020-06-08, 10:27)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 10:13)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 09:37)nazim12 Wrote: Landscape pictures are simple with title on it  but Clear art pictures are kind of 3D (Characters Highlighted) where Background of picture black but when you are on it , it changes to white in background and reflect true Fine art . see these picture again they are not simple landscapes .

ok, i see that now.
How do you change that?
I think it was on third tab ... Prefer Clearart over landscape then refresh or restart . But i think you might need to scan through Artbeef first .

yeah that was it, i just found it.
I'm having a look at it now.
For me the color changes in the widgets, but if i go to all videos or all tv shows it doesn't do that.
Any idea if that's another setting to change?
They all show ClearArt, but it doesn't change background colors as it does on the main page in the widgets

(2020-06-08, 10:40)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 10:27)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 10:13)CK77 Wrote: ok, i see that now.
How do you change that?

yeah that was it, i just found it.
I'm having a look at it now.
For me the color changes in the widgets, but if i go to all videos or all tv shows it doesn't do that.
Any idea if that's another setting to change?
They all show ClearArt, but it doesn't change background colors as it does on the main page in the widgets
For me Clearart  working in Home & Hub , Basically i always scroll through widgets or search , now you will see clearart will be shown in search as well even very fast .

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-06-09

(2020-06-07, 14:41)vrds Wrote: Regarding not getting IMDB ratings, do you have an OMDB key in the addon settings? (Skin settings - supported addons - Metadata and Artwork module)

I'm looking into this today.
I've spoken to one of the Kodi developers and it looks like it's a problem with Emby and the way it creates it's .nfo files.
They don't fill out the ratings properly, so Kodi doesn't add it properly to the DB.

I'm going to have a look with a new install of Kodi and no use of Emby if that works better or not.

I'll keep you posted.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-06-09

(2020-06-06, 18:40)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-06, 02:42)AchillesPunks Wrote: If you are using my mod can you see if custom colors will let you change a color or enter the color palette? I can not enter the color palette any more

I can, it just asked me to install the backup addon... but after that I can choose custom colors with no problems, using your MOD.
Okay thanks for the reply.

(2020-06-09, 03:03)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-07, 20:09)CK77 Wrote: I'm getting pretty much all ratings now, but i did have a omdb api key and tmdb api key.

I've spoken to one of the Kodi developers and it looks like it's a problem with Emby and the way it creates it's .nfo files.
They don't fill out the ratings properly, so Kodi doesn't add it properly to the DB.

I'm going to have a look with a new install of Kodi and no use of Emby if that works better or not.

I'll keep you posted.
ok, the more i look into this the more confused i'm getting.
I've installed Kodi on a different computer and just got a small movie source added.
When you look into the MyVideos116.db you see that some of the fields are better filled out than when you use Emby, but it doesn't seem to matter much at all.
I'm still getting the same tvdb 0.0 for certain series, exactly like when i use Emby.

So i think the problem lies with how the skin retrieves the ratings. It clearly doesn't get them from the KODI db, otherwise i would see the correct ratings on the new install, but they are the same.

So i think it's the Metadata and Artwork Module that does the heavy lifting for getting the ratings. I have no idea where this addon caches it's data though.

This probably means that this will stay a problem until @cartman.dos shows up and can explain how this really works.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - vrds - 2020-06-09

(2020-06-09, 07:24)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 03:03)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-08, 03:29)vrds Wrote: Just a quick question, do all your Series has TVDB ratings, a lot of mine shows the Icon wiht the rating 0.0

I'll keep you posted.
I've installed Kodi on a different computer and just got a small movie source added.
When you look into the MyVideos116.db you see that some of the fields are better filled out than when you use Emby, but it doesn't seem to matter much at all.
I'm still getting the same tvdb 0.0 for certain series, exactly like when i use Emby.

So i think the problem lies with how the skin retrieves the ratings. It clearly doesn't get them from the KODI db, otherwise i would see the correct ratings on the new install, but they are the same.

So i think it's the Metadata and Artwork Module that does the heavy lifting for getting the ratings. I have no idea where this addon caches it's data though.

This probably means that this will stay a problem until @cartman.dos shows up and can explain how this really works.
To be honest, I think is just TVDB that doesn't have any rating for those Series... I tryed to make the ratings scrappers to get ratigs for TMDB instead of TVDB, and I get a rating from TMDB... but is not shown in the footer in widget with TV Shows in it, but if I got to the plot & critics window, I can see there the TMDB ratings...

I tryed to confirm that is TVDB that has no ratings fot the Series but when I got to the TVDB website, I can't see the ratings anyware LOL.

(2020-06-09, 16:39)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 07:24)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 03:03)CK77 Wrote: I'm looking into this today.

I'll keep you posted.

To be honest, I think is just TVDB that doesn't have any rating for those Series... I tryed to make the ratings scrappers to get ratigs for TMDB instead of TVDB, and I get a rating from TMDB... but is not shown in the footer in widget with TV Shows in it, but if I got to the plot & critics window, I can see there the TMDB ratings...

I tryed to confirm that is TVDB that has no ratings fot the Series but when I got to the TVDB website, I can't see the ratings anyware LOL.
It's a bit of both.

Emby doesn't store ratings well in the .nfo file, they putthe rating as follows:

<rating>6.5</rating>

but Kodi actually expects a format like this:

<rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true">
   <value>6.200000</value>
   <votes>4718</votes>
</rating>

So when i started from scratch with just the scrapers from Kodi my Kodi database was filled out better and i got ratings for IMDB and TMDB/TVDB for all shows
Like before some if the TVDB ratings were 0.0, but all got consistent ratings for both.
With Emby certain ratings still don't show up properly.

The way Bingie deals with missing ratings is as follows it seems.
It uses the Metadata and Artwork Module to search for all the missing ratings and stores those in the simplecache.db
You can find that db in userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache.
Looks like if you delete this DB it will retrieve the ratings again but it takes a while.

My next step is to see if i can find somebody on the Emby forums to see if they are planning on updating their nfo plugin to make sure they are using the proper nfo format for Kodi

But you are also right that newer shows don't get a rating because you can't vote/rate tv series anymore in the new TVDB website

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - vrds - 2020-06-09

(2020-06-09, 19:54)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 16:39)vrds Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 07:24)CK77 Wrote: ok, the more i look into this the more confused i'm getting.

It's a bit of both.

Emby doesn't store ratings well in the .nfo file, they putthe rating as follows:

<rating>6.5</rating>

but Kodi actually expects a format like this:

<rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true">
   <value>6.200000</value>
   <votes>4718</votes>
</rating>

So when i started from scratch with just the scrapers from Kodi my Kodi database was filled out better and i got ratings for IMDB and TMDB/TVDB for all shows
Like before some if the TVDB ratings were 0.0, but all got consistent ratings for both.
With Emby certain ratings still don't show up properly.

The way Bingie deals with missing ratings is as follows it seems.
It uses the Metadata and Artwork Module to search for all the missing ratings and stores those in the simplecache.db
You can find that db in userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache.
Looks like if you delete this DB it will retrieve the ratings again but it takes a while.

My next step is to see if i can find somebody on the Emby forums to see if they are planning on updating their nfo plugin to make sure they are using the proper nfo format for Kodi

But you are also right that newer shows don't get a rating because you can't vote/rate tv series anymore in the new TVDB website

Thx, I will try delete that cache and see if I start to get TVDB ratigs.