Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - CK77 - 2020-06-14

(2020-06-13, 20:56)Robert123456 Wrote: Hi guys,

I'll start off with some compliments because you'll probably will not agree with what I will say later. If you just want to read my question skip to the bottom of this post.

The skin looks absolutely fabulous with my PlexKodiConnect setup, and it has everything I would want for a GUI.

However, I use it on a rooted 2nd Gen Firestick (Tank) and the experience is far from smooth. The whole UI lags terribly, whether it's scrolling through titles or just playing stuff. It's like moving through mud basically. Sometimes it will completely crash or give a "Playback Error."

Playback is really smooth and I am torn on whether to keep the skin or just use something lighter. I really would like to keep it because of how similar to the Netflix UI it is.

I might add that playing anything else with similarly designed GUI (i.e. Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV, HBO Now etc...) is very fast and smooth. The fire stick can basically handle anything else with ease.

Is there a possibility to develop a "lighter" version of this skin for my devices? I hugely appreciate the work you did, as the design is impeccable esthetically, and hope there can be some sort of compromise for less powerful devices.
Something to try to make everything go smoother is use all the playlists available in the video Library, rather than using the shin helper widgets
That will make everything load quicker.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Robert123456 - 2020-06-14

(2020-06-14, 01:17)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 20:56)Robert123456 Wrote: ...
Something to try to make everything go smoother is use all the playlists available in the video Library, rather than using the shin helper widgets

Hiya, thanks for your suggestion. The problem is I don't have any playlists at all.

My setup is very simple; load the plex library, which is just two folders named "TV" and "Movies" (no collections, playlists or other type of sorting), into Kodi while running Titan Bingie with default settings.

I will however look at the beginning of the thread hoping to find ways to lighten the load, so to speak.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-06-14

Home Layout has been removed

(2020-06-14, 02:13)Robert123456 Wrote:

Hiya, thanks for your suggestion. The problem is I don't have any playlists at all.

My setup is very simple; load the plex library, which is just two folders named "TV" and "Movies" (no collections, playlists or other type of sorting), into Kodi while running Titan Bingie with default settings.

I will however look at the beginning of the thread hoping to find ways to lighten the load, so to speak.
There are a whole bunch of playlists build into the skin, but depending on how you load them into the widgets, it will be slower/faster.
The fastest way to load all the widgets is:
Sink Settings\Configure Shortcuts\Edit Menu Shortcuts
For whatever menu item select the widgets
Video Library\Playlists
Select playlist.

This is much faster than using the Skin Helper Widgets

(2020-06-14, 02:13)Robert123456 Wrote:

Try disabling all views you don't use in settings media library views

@AchillesPunks , you are probably the person at the moment that has been playing around with this skin the most.
Are you familiar with just the xml files or also with the addons/scripts it uses in the background to get things done?

I'm trying to understand a bit more about how the skin works, but i'm getting a bit stuck at the moment while looking at the metadata and artwork module.

What i'm trying to figure out is how to refresh the ratings once this addon has stored them in the simplecache.db.

(2020-06-14, 05:07)CK77 Wrote: @AchillesPunks , you are probably the person at the moment that has been playing around with this skin the most.
Are you familiar with just the xml files or also with the addons/scripts it uses in the background to get things done?

I'm trying to understand a bit more about how the skin works, but i'm getting a bit stuck at the moment while looking at the metadata and artwork module.

What i'm trying to figure out is how to refresh the ratings once this addon has stored them in the simplecache.db.
I'm very familiar with the XML files and understand the add-on script how they tie into the skin. The problem is with all the conditions throughout the skin and ignoring ones that disrupt the skin. To get mine to refresh I have to restart Kodi, and I still can't figure out how some things are cached through Kodi. I know it's not skin based because I have removed all add-ons and skin and on a fresh install of the skin still had cache issue. This is with a dirty install.

(2020-06-14, 05:47)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 05:07)CK77 Wrote: @AchillesPunks , you are probably the person at the moment that has been playing around with this skin the most.

I'm very familiar with the XML files and understand the add-on script how they tie into the skin. The problem is with all the conditions throughout the skin and ignoring ones that disrupt the skin. To get mine to refresh I have to restart Kodi, and I still can't figure out how some things are cached through Kodi. I know it's not skin based because I have removed all add-ons and skin and on a fresh install of the skin still had cache issue. This is with a dirty install.
So far from what I understand when a movie gets added to the Kodi DB, the next thing that kicks in is the Skin Service Helper, which will use the metadata and artwork module to get extra artwork if needed, get extra ratings from OMDB API incl Rotten Tomatoes, it will get studio and it will write the IMDB Top250 ranking into the KODI db.
All the extra info gets written into the simplecache.db for quick retrieval. Am i roughly correct so far?

To get all this to kick in again for the whole Kodi DB all you have to do is delete the simplecache.db. I've confirmed that this works.

What i'm looking for is a way to refresh all this info for a single movie or tv series, without having to delete the whole db.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - daking1512 - 2020-06-14

(2020-06-14, 02:25)AchillesPunks Wrote: Image

what did you change in the skin .xml files to make the side menu icons centered? mine are all shifted a bit up

(2020-06-14, 06:05)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 05:47)AchillesPunks Wrote:

So far from what I understand when a movie gets added to the Kodi DB, the next thing that kicks in is the Skin Service Helper, which will use the metadata and artwork module to get extra artwork if needed, get extra ratings from OMDB API incl Rotten Tomatoes, it will get studio and it will write the IMDB Top250 ranking into the KODI db.
All the extra info gets written into the simplecache.db for quick retrieval. Am i roughly correct so far?

To get all this to kick in again for the whole Kodi DB all you have to do is delete the simplecache.db. I've confirmed that this works.

What i'm looking for is a way to refresh all this info for a single movie or tv series, without having to delete the whole db.
Download the medadata editor from the add-on section. Hit info and at the bottom it says edit media info, and after your done hit write to .nfo and then restart Kodi should work for you. Was doing it some today. You can change imdb info studio everything. It will change after Kodi restarts

(2020-06-14, 06:50)daking1512 Wrote:

what did you change in the skin .xml files to make the side menu icons centered? mine are all shifted a bit up
I'll send you the link. It's a few posts up. Maybe page 78 or 79. But it will change it to how mine looks with the play and info and button below information, and lots of views will be changed as well

https://github.com/AchillesPunks/AchillesPunks-skin.titan.bingie.mod.git

I centered the submenu as well

I removed the option to change the Home Layout, but you can still change widget layout.

(2020-06-14, 07:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 06:05)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 05:47)AchillesPunks Wrote: I'm very familiar with the XML files and understand the add-on script how they tie into the skin. The problem is with all the conditions throughout the skin and ignoring ones that disrupt the skin. To get mine to refresh I have to restart Kodi, and I still can't figure out how some things are cached through Kodi. I know it's not skin based because I have removed all add-ons and skin and on a fresh install of the skin still had cache issue. This is with a dirty install.

Download the medadata editor from the add-on section. Hit info and at the bottom it says edit media info, and after your done hit write to .nfo and then restart Kodi should work for you. Was doing it some today. You can change imdb info studio everything. It will change after Kodi restarts
That doesn't work for me, i'm using Emby for Kodi. So the info needs to be updated in Emby.
Can i send you a tiny bit of code that i've changed, to see if it makes sense? I think i found a "bug" in the Emby for Kodi addon and i want to run my change by somebody before i actually run it

(2020-06-14, 07:36)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 07:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 06:05)CK77 Wrote: So far from what I understand when a movie gets added to the Kodi DB, the next thing that kicks in is the Skin Service Helper, which will use the metadata and artwork module to get extra artwork if needed, get extra ratings from OMDB API incl Rotten Tomatoes, it will get studio and it will write the IMDB Top250 ranking into the KODI db.

That doesn't work for me, i'm using Emby for Kodi. So the info needs to be updated in Emby.
Can i send you a tiny bit of code that i've changed, to see if it makes sense? I think i found a "bug" in the Emby for Kodi addon and i want to run my change by somebody before i actually run it
sure, send it to me and I'll check it out. I'm not really familiar with Emby, but I can still look at the code

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - daking1512 - 2020-06-14

Thanks I appreciate it, Its amazing
Im just asking about which xml file you've edited to center the icons so I can implement the changes in my own mod of the skin

Thanks

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out
(2020-06-14, 07:26)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 06:50)daking1512 Wrote:

I'll send you the link. It's a few posts up. Maybe page 78 or 79. But it will change it to how mine looks with the play and info and button below information, and lots of views will be changed as well

https://github.com/AchillesPunks/AchillesPunks-skin.titan.bingie.mod.git

I centered the submenu as well

(2020-06-14, 07:42)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 07:36)CK77 Wrote:
(2020-06-14, 07:23)AchillesPunks Wrote: Download the medadata editor from the add-on section. Hit info and at the bottom it says edit media info, and after your done hit write to .nfo and then restart Kodi should work for you. Was doing it some today. You can change imdb info studio everything. It will change after Kodi restarts
sure, send it to me and I'll check it out. I'm not really familiar with Emby, but I can still look at the code
I sent it by messge so we don't clog up the thread with this