Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - gavingblox - 2020-08-21

(2018-08-22, 02:17)cartman.dos Wrote: Titan BINGIE (Kodi Leia)
v1.0.3 (10.08.19)

The new Titan for Kodi Leia is here.

Screenshots
watch gallery

Skin Review

(thanks @cscott!)

Feature Demonstration Videos
Search-engine - Vertical & horizontal fixed scrolling - auto-play trailers - spotlight - video info & osd

Main New Features:
BINGIE Layout - All new, all mighty.

- features a Spotlight, Custom set widgets & spotlights both in Home & Hubs, My List, Rating Like/Dislike, Auto-Playing Trailers for Movies & TV Shows
 - Both vertical & horizontal fixed position movement!
 - New Built-In-Skin Search Engine with Suggestions
 - New Video Info Dialog - featuring My List and Rate This Title functioning with ability to go-to episodes from episode/tvshow's info and play/resume current/next episode for tvshows or Play from beginning
 - New Main-Menu
 - New OSD Panel & OSD Info
 - Up-Next integration
 - New Viewtypes (523-Bingie Main for the Netflix Library look and 525-Bingie Episodes with the ability to toggle seasons and episodes on one screen!)
- UWP Support - XBOX and Kodi version from Windows Store is finally supported!
And Many MANY More...

Required Repositories :
- BINGIE Repository: BINGIE Repository is the home of this skin and all its necessary add-ons. 
THIS REPOSITORY IS THE ONLY REPOSITORY YOU NEED IN ORDER TO INSTALL THIS SKIN.
Note that my Repo includes my updated versions for the addons and most are not available on other repositories.
Additional Add-ons(not required)
Artwork Beef : This addon is supported both by the skin and updated version of skin helper (Get from Rector Stuff Repository, also available on bingie repo)
- Up Next - is integrated and is used to watch next episode in netflix-like fashion. Is available in Kodi official repo.
- BINGIE Movie Genre Icons - this is not a requirement but is available in bingie repository, install and set as resource in general settings to have the green bricks shown in images on genres and category widget.

Translations (How Can I help?)
SOME of the new labels are not localized, there's nothing I can do about it as I'm not omni-lingual. If someone's interested in translating, strings are available inside the skin dir, you could compare string from main (en_gb) to your language and send them to me so I could share with everyone else. You may contact me for help in this matter.

THANKS!
Special Thanks to @marcelveldt for all of his work on the original code for Titan skin & his addons, his work is what set the foundations to make all that possible.
Thanks to @mardukL for helping out all along the way, from the very get-go he was the one who started the resurrection of Titan, helped me to start my kodi-skinner path and a lot of great ideas since then!
Thanks to @samfisher for his AMAZING work on the splash animation and new logo design!
Thanks to @sualfred and @jurialmunkey for setting the example of how to be awesome in coding practices and creative ideas!
and everyone else that helped or contributed in any way!

Installation:
1. In Kodi -> Addons -> click "install from zip", choose either the downloaded repo file here
OR add the following address to kodi in 'file manager': https://cartmandos.github.io/repository.bingie/repository.bingie/ 
and get the zip file from there.
2. Choose in add-ons, Install from repository -> bingie repository -> Look and Feel -> Skin -> Install 'Titan BINGIE'.

If you're experiencing any issues - please add some background information about the system you're running it on - OS, Kodi build is the bare minimum, in addition to the problem description. And sometimes there's no escape from a proper debug log.
and do me a favor, be specific and descriptive as you can to help me help you.

BINGE.

It is not letting me go to the settings i need help

(2020-08-21, 23:09)gavingblox Wrote: It is not letting me go to the settings i need help
im where it says "NEW" and its stuck on "SET CUSTOM SPOTLIGHT CONTENT"

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - RKCRLR - 2020-08-22

This is going to sound like a stupid question.  I'm trying to add menu item to my home screen menu that is a list of different streaming add-ons.  I've created My List item called Streaming but I can't figure how to add add-ons to it.  I get the message to "Add to My List" button from information page but I can't find the right information page.  Or am I going about this the wrong way?  
Thanks

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Baxter300 - 2020-08-26

(2020-08-21, 11:05)Baxter300 Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue, and if there is a workaround/something I’m missing in the settings.
I have a number of widgets on my home screen, sometimes those that are set to random seem to refresh themselves automatically (even with this switched off in the individual widget setting). This causes the widget to go off screen to the left, effectively keeping the item that was focused in position 1. Is there anyway to disable this background refreshing globally? Ideally I would just just the content to be set once at start up

I’ve just tried the Bingie Mod and noticed that this issue is fixed with that skin, despite being called out early in this thread as a Kodi bug. Does anyone know of a simple was to fix this?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - AchillesPunks - 2020-08-28

(2020-08-26, 20:47)Baxter300 Wrote:
(2020-08-21, 11:05)Baxter300 Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue, and if there is a workaround/something I’m missing in the settings.
I have a number of widgets on my home screen, sometimes those that are set to random seem to refresh themselves automatically (even with this switched off in the individual widget setting). This causes the widget to go off screen to the left, effectively keeping the item that was focused in position 1. Is there anyway to disable this background refreshing globally? Ideally I would just just the content to be set once at start up

I’ve just tried the Bingie Mod and noticed that this issue is fixed with that skin, despite being called out early in this thread as a Kodi bug. Does anyone know of a simple was to fix this?
I justst set the focus to stay at the position it's on until you move it inside the xml. I got tired of it moving by itself

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - tRiBUN - 2020-08-31

Thanks a lot cartman.dos for your great work.
Probably I have a small bug with the skin and hope it can be solved or anyone has a suggestion for me.

In my advancedsettings.xml is a hosts entry (lower case) to replace names with my NAS IP-Address. This was working since I started with kodi (xbmc at this time). I think with version 18.6 or 18.7 of kodi it was not working. After some testing and now kodi 18.8 it is working again. Replacing of database entries together with the hosts entry to lower case was helping.

Now there is only one thing missing for me when Bingie skin is enabled. From the main page and category continue watching no video can't be started. If it is started from recently added or a subpage (e.g. all movies or episodes), it works fine. As far as I can see the Estuary skin works also from anywhere.

Maybe the log entries (try start) can help:
2020-08-31 17:56:06.000 T:27151 NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 4 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
2020-08-31 17:56:12.266 T:27104 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/312893.jpg
2020-08-31 17:56:17.838 T:27093 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/333036.jpg
2020-08-31 17:56:32.000 T:25375 NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile:
2020-08-31 17:56:32.002 T:27288 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2020-08-31 17:56:32.003 T:27288 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening []
2020-08-31 17:56:32.003 T:27288 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2020-08-31 17:56:32.196 T:25375 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2020-08-31 17:56:32.196 T:25375 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2020-08-31 17:56:32.196 T:25375 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
2020-08-31 17:56:42.382 T:27283 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/312893.jpg
2020-08-31 17:56:43.154 T:27283 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/333036.jpg

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Sushibomba - 2020-09-02

Thank you first for your great work @ cartman.dos.

Unfortunately, I have a few problems with the skin and apparently I can't solve them on my own.

Problem 1:
Where exactly do I set whether it should load local trailers or which ones from youtube?

For some films, the autoplay of the trailer does not work for some.

Problem 2:
When I play a trailer, whether in autoplay or manually, the trailer only runs in the upper right corner and is stuck. In addition, the picture and sound are asynchronous.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 that should be fast enough. It's not a 4k trailer or something.

Now to the question ... How can I set that the trailers either run on full screen as required and the menu automatically fades out as soon as a trailer runs or how can I fix the annoying jerking? Do you have to issue any effects for this?

Unfortunately my English is not the best. So if anyone reads this and speaks German, feel free to write to me.

Thank you in advance and have a great day!

Best regards

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - kpinheiro - 2020-09-03

(2020-08-21, 11:30)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote:
Quote: 

How to?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - kpinheiro - 2020-09-03

(2020-08-21, 11:30)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:Hi, I apologize if this has been answered before but there are over 200 pages to read through...

I wanted to know if it's possible to turn off the rating logo that pops up when you start a movie? I find that annoying. Otherwise this is one of my favorite skins for Kodi. Thanx.
No that would need to be removed from the XML. I think it's in includesvideoosd.xml.
Thanx. I did some digging off and on today and I just now figured out how to completely remove ONLY the rating pop up when a movie/show is started. Perfect skin otherwise. Seems the rating logo and the red bar animation beside it are 2 seperate items to fix.
If anyone has interest in knowing the 2 changes you must make to the 2 XML files to remove this, just ask.

(2020-08-20, 17:37)AchillesPunks Wrote: No that would need to be removed from the XML. I think it's in includesvideoosd.xml.
Thanx. I did some digging off and on today and I just now figured out how to completely remove ONLY the rating pop up when a movie/show is started. Perfect skin otherwise. Seems the rating logo and the red bar animation beside it are 2 seperate items to fix.
If anyone has interest in knowing the 2 changes you must make to the 2 XML files to remove this, just ask.

How to?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Sushibomba - 2020-09-04

Nobody has the same problem with trailers like me? So laggie Sad I only want them to play smoothly and not with video lag and sound asyncron.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Klojum - 2020-09-04

(2020-09-04, 07:12)Sushibomba Wrote: Nobody has the same problem with trailers like me? So laggie

Perhaps your trailers are played using a different unsupported(?) video format.
Why not provide your debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website (see below), so we can see perhaps what is going on internally.

(2020-09-04, 08:35)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-09-04, 07:12)Sushibomba Wrote: Nobody has the same problem with trailers like me? So laggie

Perhaps your trailers are played using a different unsupported(?) video format.
Why not provide your debug log (wiki) via a pastebin website (see below), so we can see perhaps what is going on internally.
The trailers are in '.mkv Format. The Log-File withe pastbin is a little bit to heavy for me. Im not a Kodi pro Undecided

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Klojum - 2020-09-04

(2020-09-04, 18:51)Sushibomba Wrote: The trailers are in '.mkv Format.
MKV is a container format, any type of video format can be in there.

(2020-09-04, 18:51)Sushibomba Wrote: The Log-File withe pastbin is a little bit to heavy for me. Im not a Kodi pro
Copy/pasting a piece of text is a computer-101 thing. Anyone can do that.
Either the log file fits or it doesn't. You'll find out quick enough if it doesn't.
Otherwise try https://paste.ubuntu.com , it can hold bigger log files.

(2020-09-04, 19:32)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-09-04, 18:51)Sushibomba Wrote: The trailers are in '.mkv Format.
MKV is a container format, any type of video format can be in there.
(2020-09-04, 18:51)Sushibomba Wrote: The Log-File withe pastbin is a little bit to heavy for me. Im not a Kodi pro
Copy/pasting a piece of text is a computer-101 thing. Anyone can do that.
Either the log file fits or it doesn't. You'll find out quick enough if it doesn't.
Otherwise try https://paste.ubuntu.com , it can hold bigger log files.

Ok I'll try it tomorrow. Thank you.

Did you already know where to deactivate menu animations? I did not find it Sad
So that the Covers of Movies are fixed. When a trailers plays the whole role of movie posters jumps a liitle bit an then it goes down to the first position.