Kodi Community Forum
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019) (/showthread.php?tid=334820)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - Jooode - 2019-04-23

@Cartman.dos sorry where to find the BINGIE Dev Repo

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - yoshitslc - 2019-04-23

(2019-04-23, 13:08)cartman.dos Wrote: Hey guys,
1) gonna' push 1.0.2 RC to GITHUB Dev Repo soon, it's not a big update but it does mess with some core functioning and thus i'll need a few guinea pigs to test it before releasing to official repo.
I'll post the changes to look up for soon after it's up there.
2) I want to refresh the menu icons, I'm pretty much useless in the graphics department. I want the same icons just slimmer/neat look... so any help would be great, it's probably won't even be that hard to redo them with a proper graphic design tool and basic skill...
current bingie menu & icons:
Netflix menu reference and its icons:

I have downloaded it and I have 2 bugs to report after a very quick test:
- Settings menu have in every category labels the scrolling resume that supposed to be on the left panel (both english and french)
https://imgshare.io/image/siMy
And about that, I don’t know if you added the missing strings for Media settings, Player settings, Games settings, file browser ?

- I remember having translated the « More Info » button of the spotlight content by « Plus d’infos » to stay short, and after udpate it ended up with « Plus d’information » that is to long and scroll in the button. I don’t know how it ended up like that. And it should be that because I remember asking you a little bit more space for the S Smile It’s string 31838 in the string.po
https://imgshare.io/image/sEfe

I’ll continue the tests and get back to you if there’s more.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cartman.dos - 2019-04-23

@yoshitslc , it's not on github yet, the big changes are not pushed yet...
and about the stuff you mentioned: first is already fixed just not pushed.
second, thanks for reminding me adjusting the buttons sizes Wink

Hold up as I'm adding a few stuff...
Besides what is up on git right now and you can review changes in the commits, mainly it's bugfixes...
the core changes would be:
1) positions/resizing bingie home layout, as discussed in earlier posts with images...It might affect other non-bingie stuff...
2) added a feature to be able to KEEP SHOWING spotlight details and image when opening menu (as opposed to it become black right now), it requires a hack that might break stuff related to showing header/background for the 'override per shortcut' / 'detach widgets...' settings... 
3) I'm working right now on adding an option to manually override the sort of each widget, so you could for ex. choose a widget (even if pre-sorted) and then force it to sort by 'year'/'title'/etc...

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - 3500 - 2019-04-23

(2019-04-23, 16:19)cartman.dos Wrote: @yoshitslc , it's not on github yet, the big changes are not pushed yet...
and about the stuff you mentioned: first is already fixed just not pushed.
second, thanks for reminding me adjusting the buttons sizes Wink

Hold up as I'm adding a few stuff...
Besides what is up on git right now and you can review changes in the commits, mainly it's bugfixes...
the core changes would be:
1) positions/resizing bingie home layout, as discussed in earlier posts with images...It might affect other non-bingie stuff...
2) added a feature to be able to KEEP SHOWING spotlight details and image when opening menu (as opposed to it become black right now), it requires a hack that might break stuff related to showing header/background for the 'override per shortcut' / 'detach widgets...' settings... 
3) I'm working right now on adding an option to manually override the sort of each widget, so you could for ex. choose a widget (even if pre-sorted) and then force it to sort by 'year'/'title'/etc...

hey @cartman.dos can you tell me how to speed up the spotlight changing on the xml file?
please

(2019-04-23, 16:42)3500 Wrote: hey @cartman.dos can you tell me how to speed up the spotlight changing on the xml file?
please 

Hey I know there are some unanswered questions here that I will address later but I'm pretty sure I replied to you asking what is the meaning of 'speed up the spotlight changing'...
If you mean to make the content itself change more often then you can set the spotlight content to whichever content you want, same as widgets, some tend to change more than other...

(2019-04-23, 16:47)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 16:42)3500 Wrote: hey @cartman.dos can you tell me how to speed up the spotlight changing on the xml file?
please 

Hey I know there are some unanswered questions here that I will address later but I'm pretty sure I replied to you asking what is the meaning of 'speed up the spotlight changing'...
If you mean to make the content itself change more often then you can set the spotlight content to whichever content you want, same as widgets, some tend to change more than other... 

sorry for my bad english,
yes, i mean the content is changing more often then the default
so i asking about how to modify on the .xml skin file

the default is taking about 1 minute more if i'm not wrong count
so please tell me

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - Comma - 2019-04-23

On home screen do you guys also have slight stutter not so smooth transition with the fanart images while browsing the widgets, only the first widget (Continue Watching) is very smooth the rest have this stutter, I used the Shield before I recently got the Odroid N2 and both had/have this stutter.

(2019-04-23, 16:51)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 16:47)cartman.dos Wrote:
please 

so please tell me 
You don't need to edit any xml.
Choose this setting:
It will open up a select dialog from which you can choose any content (like any widget), only difference is that spotlight will take the first item of the selected content to show in spotlight.
If you want it to be fast, select a content from your library/smartlist and not through skin helper widgets.

(2019-04-23, 17:01)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 16:51)3500 Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 16:47)cartman.dos Wrote: Hey I know there are some unanswered questions here that I will address later but I'm pretty sure I replied to you asking what is the meaning of 'speed up the spotlight changing'...

so please tell me  
You don't need to edit any xml.
Choose this setting:
It will open up a select dialog from which you can choose any content (like any widget), only difference is that spotlight will take the first item of the selected content to show in spotlight.
If you want it to be fast, select a content from your library/smartlist and not through skin helper widgets. 

we are misunderstood on here
i'm sorry for that

so what i mean is the spotlight content is cannot changing from first item to the second item?
cuz i ever saw the spotlight that i saw first is changing while my selection in widget

(2019-04-23, 17:25)3500 Wrote: we are misunderstood on here
i'm sorry for that

so what i mean is the spotlight content is cannot changing from first item to the second item?
cuz i ever saw the spotlight that i saw first is changing while my selection in widget 

It's a bit hard to understand what you mean exactly. You mean to be able to change the spotlight from first item to the next by a press of a button?

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - notorius28 - 2019-04-23

Hi @cartman.dos , I think there's an issue related to trailers and some accented characters. In my case, it concerns Spanish language and characters like 'á'. For example, that's the error returned when the app looks for movie "Ártico" trailer.

Many thanks.

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/default.py", line 41, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/default.py", line 12, in __init__
                                                self.getactions()
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/default.py", line 38, in getactions
                                                action_inventory[action](self.params)
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/resources/lib/utils.py", line 151, in playtrailer
                                                li_trailer = get_first_youtube_video("%s%s%s trailer" % (title, tvshow_str, local_language))
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/resources/lib/helper.py", line 47, in get_first_youtube_video
                                                for media in get_youtube_listing('%s' % query, limit=5):
                                              File "/Users/riki/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.bingie.helper/resources/lib/helper.py", line 54, in get_youtube_listing
                                                lib_path = u"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=%s&search_type=videos" % searchquery
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - havokvalor - 2019-04-23

Hey guys, I have 4 different TV Show related smart playlist that I would like to show up in a widget on my hub on the first line. Is there anyway I can do this and have custom images for those playlist? The playlists are also separated by tags. Been googling and can't seem to find a good way to do this, thanks xD.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - cscott1 - 2019-04-23

(2019-04-23, 20:33)havokvalor Wrote: Hey guys, I have 4 different TV Show related smart playlist that I would like to show up in a widget on my hub on the first line. Is there anyway I can do this and have custom images for those playlist? The playlists are also separated by tags. Been googling and can't seem to find a good way to do this, thanks xD.
edit sorry disregard

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - kodishu - 2019-04-23

(2019-04-22, 17:16)Comma Wrote:
(2019-04-22, 16:22)kodishu Wrote:
Quote:There are around 25 genres..but maybe your genres are scraped by different names...
Also depends where you see this genres because in categories/genres from mixed media node in Skin helper widgets it ONLY takes the genres that are available BOTH in MOVIES & TVSHOWS. for all others genres you need to have widget for only movies/tvshows.

It doesn't work on any widget, mixed media/movies/tv shows
I can see only around 5 genres. Rest bricks are empty. 

Have you installed the genre icons from bingie repo?

Yes, I have.

RE: Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 3/4/2019) - Rastan - 2019-04-23

(2019-04-23, 18:05)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-04-23, 17:25)3500 Wrote: we are misunderstood on here
i'm sorry for that

It's a bit hard to understand what you mean exactly. You mean to be able to change the spotlight from first item to the next by a press of a button? 
I think the poster is asking how to control how long item in spotlight changes from one to another