Kodi Community Forum
v18 Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: v18 Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.2 (/showthread.php?tid=337057)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4 - UncT - 2019-01-03

PatK, Thank you for the information. I was not having this problem with Krypton so I am not sure that it is really a HDCP issue. If it is, I happen to Chair the Audio Tech and Standards commitee for CTA. I can easily discuss this with Intel who as you know wrote the HDCP code for the HDMI interface. We had an issue earlier (up to 1.4) where Intel did not have the proper metrics to test HDCP and it was being miss applied. We fixed that. If we need to do the same for the current HDCP we can. 
Again though, I find it interesting that I did not have an issue earlier and now with then new version 18 I am.

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4 - PatK - 2019-01-04

@UncT I've wondered all along how HDCP has been implemented in such a fashion that users have working systems with HDMI splitters that invalidate end to end handshaking. I never complained and my set-up works fine when it comes to it. But I have come to see that the newer equipment is getting more fussy, and there has been changes in the HDCP code over the last few years. In the most trying cases, the pin #19 hardware hack seems to blind resolutions changes (Kodi sets up the graphic engine but once on load). The move to satisfy 4K displays etc. has caused Kodi devs to make changes in the video display area, so you maybe correct in that the code is no longer working as it once did, but there's a forward group that loves the changes, so at this time there may yet be something to be fixed, but from the people who set-up and demand these standards, it's less than what they wanted. And I'll be answering these questions in the same way until there is a change in code, or a mindset realization that HDCP handshaking is closing in.

I believe someone mentioned a commercial product (dongle) that does the same as blinding pin 19

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4 - Livin - 2019-01-04

(2019-01-03, 08:44)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-01, 17:56)blacklord049 Wrote: 22:52:56.293 T:2320 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
We prefer to have debugging enabled for more detailed info in the kodi.log file. Enable it, and restart kodi for a new full log file.

Also, keep in mind that things on the video front/backend of Kodi will likely take a little longer to fix as our lead developer for VideoPlayer decided to leave Team Kodi one day before Christmas 2018. 

maybe its time for Kodi to adopt VLC internally!?

I just installed RC4 and it has trouble playing a few MKVs that never had a problem on RC3. I dont know what changed but looks like something did.  Those same videos play perfectly on VLC and even the native Windows 10 video player.

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4 - Klojum - 2019-01-04

(2019-01-04, 06:10)Livin Wrote: maybe its time for Kodi to adopt VLC internally!?
...?!?

(2019-01-04, 06:10)Livin Wrote: it has trouble playing a few MKVs...
Those same videos...
Sorry, our crystal ball is still blurry from all New Year's fireworks and festivities. Smile

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - charliekay74 - 2019-01-14

I can confirm that also RC5.2 has the problem if switching Kodi between two monitors then afterwards there is Video only playing in a small square on top left oft the window. You have to Restart Kodi.

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - grobiralf - 2019-01-15

Resolutenproblem keeps in RC5.2, too. Sad

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - Holzfred - 2019-01-15

Hi,

the Problem loosing Handshake with HDMI is starting in Kodi 18. I changed back to my old 17 Installation and there I don't have this Problem.

Regards Uwe

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - brazen1 - 2019-01-15

I'm pretty sure many of you folks complaining that KODI resizes to the upper left of your display are having this problem because your skin is not compatible with KODI v.18 LEIA.  I used to have this problem using skins that thought they were v.18 ready and advertised such.  After testing many skins, I came to the conclusion that only the skins available in the KODI repo actually work.  Every skin I tested that was not in the repo did not work with the exception of one - Aeon Nox by Silvo.  I tested at least 20 popular skins.  I'm not promoting any skins or dissing any others.  Just providing my conclusions.  These skin tests were done months ago and primarily affected external player quits combined with resolution changes from 2160p to 1080p and subsequent vice versa upon title completion.  This behavior may have changed with skin updates and/or KODI v.18 updates.  I suggest you use the default Estuary skin and confirm if your KODI install still resizes.  This would confirm IF many v.18 skin claims are actually ready or not.  Fwiw, I hope I am wrong about all of this.

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - FoxForceFive - 2019-01-15

EDIT, post deleted. Realised I posted in wrong sub-forum. Sorry!

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - Rico66 - 2019-01-16

(2019-01-15, 18:14)brazen1 Wrote: I'm pretty sure many of you folks complaining that KODI resizes to the upper left of your display are having this problem because your skin is not compatible with KODI v.18 LEIA.  I used to have this problem using skins that thought they were v.18 ready and advertised such.  After testing many skins, I came to the conclusion that only the skins available in the KODI repo actually work.  Every skin I tested that was not in the repo did not work with the exception of one - Aeon Nox by Silvo.  I tested at least 20 popular skins.  I'm not promoting any skins or dissing any others.  Just providing my conclusions.  These skin tests were done months ago and primarily affected external player quits combined with resolution changes from 2160p to 1080p and subsequent vice versa upon title completion.  This behavior may have changed with skin updates and/or KODI v.18 updates.  I suggest you use the default Estuary skin and confirm if your KODI install still resizes.  This would confirm IF many v.18 skin claims are actually ready or not.  Fwiw, I hope I am wrong about all of this.
I'm seeiing this issue using the default skin. So for me it doesn't seem skin related (unless it's an issue with the default skin...)
This wasn't a problem in 17, it started some time in 18. Only mitigation is to start the AVR prior to waking up the PC (which wasn't necessary in 17)

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - Holzfred - 2019-01-16

Hi...

yesterday I tried a clean new Installation with RC 5.2 without changing the Skin. The only allowed Resolution in whitelist is 3.840 x 2.160 50Hz. After off the TV and on KODI is little in the upper left Corner. So I cannot confirm, that the original Skin solve this Problem... Only the way to go into standby with Kodi and off TV after PC is off and on TV and after this on PC solve this Problem. What I try next is the cable hack with pin 19. 

Regards Uwe

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - grobiralf - 2019-01-16

Turning the TV on and off i use to listen music streams without the TV is running. AVR stays on.

Kodi 17,6: HTPC (TV via HDMI) has no problem with Kodi 17.6, when TV is switched off an on again. Full screen works as it should.
Kodi 18: HTPC (TV via HDMI) has problems with Kodi 18 rc1-rc5 when the TV is turned on and off. Only small window upper-left after switching the TV on.

This behavior takes place in Kodi 18 when freshly installed with original skin.

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - Zokkel - 2019-01-16

(2019-01-15, 18:14)brazen1 Wrote: I'm pretty sure many of you folks complaining that KODI resizes to the upper left of your display are having this problem because your skin is not compatible with KODI v.18 LEIA.  I used to have this problem using skins that thought they were v.18 ready and advertised such.  After testing many skins, I came to the conclusion that only the skins available in the KODI repo actually work.  Every skin I tested that was not in the repo did not work with the exception of one - Aeon Nox by Silvo.  I tested at least 20 popular skins.  I'm not promoting any skins or dissing any others.  Just providing my conclusions.  These skin tests were done months ago and primarily affected external player quits combined with resolution changes from 2160p to 1080p and subsequent vice versa upon title completion.  This behavior may have changed with skin updates and/or KODI v.18 updates.  I suggest you use the default Estuary skin and confirm if your KODI install still resizes.  This would confirm IF many v.18 skin claims are actually ready or not.  Fwiw, I hope I am wrong about all of this.
I'm having the issue on the original standard Estuary skin...

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - PatK - 2019-01-16

I'm unsure this is at the root (note: I'm using Windows 7 atm) but the registry contains a default resolution, given some of the messages here it might be something to investigate.

Start---->Run--->regedit

Open:

My Computer--->HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG--->System--->CurrentControlSet--->Control--->VIDEO--->(expand all until you see 'Monitor' or the hex name)
Locate: Name Type Data

DefaultSetting.XResolution REG_DWORD 0x00000400 (1024)

DefaultSetting.YResolution REG_DWORD 0x00000300 (768)

RE: Kodi 18 Beta 4 and 5 and RC 1+2+3+4+5 - charliekay74 - 2019-01-17

I have the issue with the small window with Aeon Silvio Skin. Also the flickering stripe on the top of several tv channels is still there in RC5.2. I have to turn off DXVA manually for fixing it temporally.