Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - miketunes - 2020-06-25

(2020-06-25, 08:55)TimeZone Wrote:
(2020-06-25, 03:16)miketunes Wrote: Can anyone advise me on a way to click on Movies and show something like below?  I've created smart playlists and tagged stuff with Trackt as my movie or my wife's.  I know I can make separate main menu items for each smart playlist - but is there anyway to show 2 sets/categories/smart playlists of movies in a single screen?  
My movie1
my movie2
my movie3
--------------------------------
wife's movie1
wife's movie2
wife's movie3
Have you tried sub menus? You create an empty main menu with two sub menus

Our movies - (Main Menu) this does not point to any playlist, just an empty menu. You can add fanarts from both your Movies and your Wife's as background
    |---Wife's movies - (sub menu 1) this points to a smart playlist
    |---My movies - (sub menu 2) this points to another smart playlist

When clicked, the main menu does not do anything, you have to click the sub menus which takes you to the respective playlist. When you click "Wife's movies" you get:
wife's movie1
wife's movie2
wife's movie3

Do do this, just use the menu called Extras. Rename it to "Our movies" for example, and replace its sub menus with your playlists. If you had already deleted the Extras menu then just create a new one. Just mentioned it because it is pre-configured and works perfectly.

Unfortunately you can not nest Smart play list. You can not create parent play list "Our movies" that contains "Wife's movies" and "My movies" playlists. The two lists will be merged into one big list.

The other alternative is to use Library node editor. With the node editor you can create a parent list with two sub lists.

I use the sub menus myself for movie universes but someone could have a better idea.

Ok, I'll try the Library Node editor, I know I could do sub-menus, I'd just prefer to have them all together.

Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - MB1968 - 2020-06-25

Check my playlist menu, grouped (not sorted) by tags.
One item on the mainmenu, 6 categories in the submenu.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - miketunes - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-25, 03:16)miketunes Wrote:  

The other alternative is to use Library node editor. With the node editor you can create a parent list with two sub lists.

I use the sub menus myself for movie universes but someone could have a better idea.

I'm trying out the node editor, but I don't want select a sub-menu.   I want both of our movies listed on the same screen, one persons on top, others on the bottom - is that possible with the node editor?

(2020-06-25, 17:07)MB1968 Wrote: Have you tried the following: group playlist by tags?

Edit: group instead of sort

I tried, it adds a sub-menu for each tag when I turn on grouping, instead of grouping them together on one screen.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - TimeZone - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-26, 02:56)miketunes Wrote:
(2020-06-25, 03:16)miketunes Wrote:  

I'm trying out the node editor, but I don't want select a sub-menu.   I want both of our movies listed on the same screen, one persons on top, others on the bottom - is that possible with the node editor?

Sorry I must have misunderstood you last time. You want one big list, not two separate lists as I had explained?

Something like.

Our Movies
    Wife's movie 1
    Wife's movie 2
    Wife's movie 3
    My movie 1
    My movie 2
    My movie 3

In that case you have to use sort, not group. Problem is, at a glance you won't be able to tell which movies are yours and which one are your wife's because they are not marked. If that is not an issue to you then you are good to go. You can sort by tag ascending or descending to put your wife's or your movies first.

(2020-06-26, 15:12)TimeZone Wrote:
(2020-06-26, 02:56)miketunes Wrote:

Sorry I must have misunderstood you last time. You want one big list, not two separate lists as I had explained?

Something like.

Our Movies
    Wife's movie 1
    Wife's movie 2
    Wife's movie 3
    My movie 1
    My movie 2
    My movie 3

In that case you have to use sort, not group. Problem is, at a glance you won't be able to tell which movies are yours and which one are your wife's because they are not marked. If that is not an issue to you then you are good to go. You can sort by tag ascending or descending to put your wife's or your movies first.
Yeah I wanted to have both sets of movies on a single page - with a separator.  Sounds like that may not be possible, so maybe I'll just do submenus for now.

Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - MB1968 - 2020-06-26

It is possible if you add a prefix before the sort title. But this means you have to edit the sorttitle for every single movie.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - PerfectHT - 2020-06-27

I just installed this skin and I am IN.  It is amazing.  I spent several days playing with it and I love it.
My Best

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - miketunes - 2020-06-27

(2020-06-26, 20:26)MB1968 Wrote: It is possible if you add a prefix before the sort title. But this means you have to edit the sorttitle for every single movie.

Yeah I did think of this - I think editing each movie title would be more work than it's worth.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - miketunes - 2020-06-27

Making progress here, ran into a few more things I couldn't find:
Clean Library - where is this option, seem like I need to turn on advanced in options, but I don't see it
Icons for Nodes - where can I browse ones that may be included?  It prompts me for external storage or root filesystem.  
Re-ordering Nodes - is there a way to do this, the move doesn't seem to do anything and I have to quit out of kodi if I try

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-06-27

@miketunes

Clean Library, press down arrow twice in movies to access submenus.

Its possible change Icons, in skin settings, Icons and Images item, for a few options, but I don´t believe have one to use with Nodes.

Skin use replace function (available in customize main menu) to change position any item in the main menu or submenu,

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - PerfectHT - 2020-06-27

To Skin designers.
1.    I have some backgrounds (wallpapers) in storage/pictures folder.  All of them are very good quality pictures, resolution 1920x1080 and up.  When I play them on TV they are sharp and nice, but as a background they are dull and much brighter.  Why?  Are they compressed and brightened?
2.    I tried to link “CONCERTS” to “Concerts” folder on my server, but I can figure out how to do it.  The same with “IMAGES”.  I have to use two steps, Click on Images and then on Pictures to get to my folder, but at least I can get to them.  To get to Concerts I have to make couple of steps.  (Down>Files>Concerts) I like to use one step only.
3.    I also need Videos and Serials, so I used EMPTY menus, renamed them to Video and Serials, but again I have no clue how to point them to proper folders on the server.
4.    Before switching to AEON MQ8 I used Favorites with several links to different folders so I replaced EMPTY menu by Favorites>Video, renamed it to Video and it works great.  However any menu created this way shows item quantity under Favorites, so when I go to Videos, Concerts, Series etc I see 8 items only.  Any fix for it?
5.    Where your backgrounds are located?  I like to use your pictures for Concerts and Videos.
Thanks for great job, guys.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-06-27

@PerfectHT

1. Kodi compresses the images, need to use advancedsettings.xml to solve. Of course only for new images...

Create/edit advancedsettings.xml in Kodi userdata folder:
<advancedsettings>
    <imageres>9999</imageres>
    <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

2. The ideal is to scraper the items, to get arts and info. When you enter in concerts all item is there in one single step.

3. If use scraper is the same, no more trouble for point folders.

4. Again, when scraper items to library, total items appear.

5. skin.aeonmq8/backgrounds folder. If using windows os here the path

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8/backgrounds

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - fritzelly - 2020-06-28

Can someone paste a screenshot of the keyboard in this skin please

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-06-28

@fritzelly

ImageF