Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - zwat - 2020-07-03

I did something stupid again and updated ubuntu and kodi. had mq8 working on kodi alpha, but after update the skin got disabled. is there any tweaking I can do to get it up and running again? would rather have a unstable mq8 than the 4 skins that are available. can't wait for mq9 Smile

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - miketunes - 2020-07-03

Should adding another profile change the library settings?  I setup a 2nd kodi profile, now when I go into the master profiles, then settings> library > manage sources > videos...
It just give me a list of a few videos, no options to add/remove/change directories.  It's like something is corrupt with my library, as some videos that are saved in my wife's folder, but showing up incorrectly under my node instead.      
If I go to the 2nd profile I can manage them, they look correct there. 

Should I try reset above settings to default in the main profile?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-03, 20:11)zwat Wrote: I did something stupid again and updated ubuntu and kodi. had mq8 working on kodi alpha, but after update the skin got disabled. is there any tweaking I can do to get it up and running again? would rather have a unstable mq8 than the 4 skins that are available. can't wait for mq9 Smile

Kodi team changed xbmc.gui 5.14.0 to 5.15.0, so previous Leia skins don´t install more. Edit the addon.xml  file in skin.aeonmq8 folder, so that it calls for xbmc.gui 5.15.0 then install from zip.  It won't magically fix anything in the skin, just allow Kodi to enable it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-03, 20:22)miketunes Wrote: Should adding another profile change the library settings?  I setup a 2nd kodi profile, now when I go into the master profiles, then settings> library > manage sources > videos...
It just give me a list of a few videos, no options to add/remove/change directories.  It's like something is corrupt with my library, as some videos that are saved in my wife's folder, but showing up incorrectly under my node instead.      
If I go to the 2nd profile I can manage them, they look correct there. 

Should I try reset above settings to default in the main profile?
We have a few posts about issues with using the profiles on Kodi. The Kodi team fixed a lot of issues and bugs, but it´s hard to say something about it.  I think is better reset the skin and try again. I use only default profile with skin presets to change the main menu items, it´s possible to create 10 distinct main menus, and change one to others easily.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - zwat - 2020-07-03

(2020-07-03, 21:28)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi team changed xbmc.gui 5.14.0 to 5.15.0, so previous Leia skins don´t install more. Edit the addon.xml  file in skin.aeonmq8 folder, so that it calls for xbmc.gui 5.15.0 then install from zip.  It won't magically fix anything in the skin, just allow Kodi to enable it.
Thnx. I'm back with mq8 now. Happy it was a easy workaround [emoji3060]

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Jacques56 - 2020-07-06

Hello,

When I read a video file in 4K 10 bits, AEON MQ8 show that it is a 10 bits file because I add .10bit. in the file name.
If I read a .dts file and add .24bit. in file name, AEON always displays 8 Bits
With .10bit. same problem

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-07-06

Video only exists 8, 10 or 12 bit, don´t exist 24 bit.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Jacques56 - 2020-07-06

(2020-07-06, 18:59)Wanilton Wrote: Video only exists 8, 10 or 12 bit, don´t exist 24 bit.

I tried with .10bit. in these .dts audio file (for test), but it does'nt work anymore.
I think that this function is not active with audio file
Why not allowing any number of bits in tags ?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - hdtvguy - 2020-07-06

I really like this skin, but it is overwhelming in setting and configurable items. Every time I touch one section I break another.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - PerfectHT - 2020-07-06

(2020-07-06, 19:18)hdtvguy Wrote: I really like this skin, but it is overwhelming in setting and configurable items. Every time I touch one section I break another.
Try something simpler.  Try Confluence or Transparency!  When you are good in both, you will return to Aeon MQ8. 
I use it for two weeks only and I like it a lot.

As I decided on July 01, I made fresh installation the same day on the brand new SD card.  I installed LibreELEC version 9.2.3 and after then I installed Aeon MQ8.  After setting up Aeon, I started with Concerts, I scraped concerts to library used Movies as directory contains and IMDb as content provider, I found that there is nothing in the “Concerts” menu however 29 items has been added to “Movies” menu.  I found out then every time scraper use Movie database, everything scraped this way goes to “Movies” library and “Movies” menu as result.

This is not a skin fault.  This is Kodi fault, because they created four video options/Libraries only:  “Movies”, “TV shows”, “Music videos” and “None”, so “Concerts” and “Serials” have to be considered as “None” to separate them from “Movies” Library and Menu.
No problem for me because I use MyMovies for my collection, so I have all information required on the server and can use “Local Info” as “Information Provider”.  I don’t have to use Kodi to search IMDB, because it is already done by My Movies, but it will be nice if Kodi adds Concerts and Serials in next release. (TV Shows are not the same)
I used Video Nodes for separate video menus including Home Videos, polished it to perfection and copied to other three players.  Almost everything works perfect and skin looks great.  If you guys can solve “Next UP” problem, it will be the best skin so far designed IMO.
You suggested Smart Playlist.  When I read about it on Kodi Forum I decided to play with this later on and stick to Video Nodes for now.  It looks to me complicated in this moment but I will try it.

As I decided on July 01, I made fresh installation the same day on the brand new SD card.  I installed LibreELEC version 9.2.3 and after then I installed Aeon MQ8.  After setting up Aeon, I started with Concerts, I scraped concerts to library used Movies as directory contains and IMDb as content provider, I found that there is nothing in the “Concerts” menu however 29 items has been added to “Movies” menu.  I found out then every time scraper use Movie database, everything scraped this way goes to “Movies” library and “Movies” menu as result.

This is not a skin fault.  This is Kodi fault, because they created four video options/Libraries only:  “Movies”, “TV shows”, “Music videos” and “None”, so “Concerts” and “Serials” have to be considered as “None” to separate them from “Movies” Library and Menu.
No problem for me because I use MyMovies for my collection, so I have all information required on the server and can use “Local Info” as “Information Provider”.  I don’t have to use Kodi to search IMDB, because it is already done by My Movies, but it will be nice if Kodi adds Concerts and Serials in next release. (TV Shows are not the same)
I used Video Nodes for separate video menus including Home Videos, polished it to perfection and copied to other three players.  Almost everything works perfect and skin looks great.  If you guys can solve “Next UP” problem, it will be the best skin so far designed IMO.
You suggested Smart Playlist.  When I read about it on Kodi Forum I decided to play with this later on and stick to Video Nodes for now.  It looks to me complicated in this moment but I will try it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - hdtvguy - 2020-07-08

OK, I have really been trying with Aeon MQ 8 and somehow I added the Artist Slidshow addon that is not compatible with this skin. I removed the Add-on but every time I go to main menu it say “to use this feature you must download and add-on” And then it asks if I want to download artist slide show. I totally removed the Aeon MQ 8 skin and reloaded and same thing. Clearly I have an option set in Kodi triggering this, but for life of my can’t figure out what.
So there is a Concerts section in the main menu. I have several music/concert related DVDs and BDs but when I add the path to the files section of Concerts it does not discover anything. Is this a video or audio menu option and then how do I get titles to show up there?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - PerfectHT - 2020-07-08

(2020-07-08, 02:37)hdtvguy Wrote: OK, I have really been trying with Aeon MQ 8 and somehow I added the Artist Slidshow addon that is not compatible with this skin. I removed the Add-on but every time I go to main menu it say “to use this feature you must download and add-on” And then it asks if I want to download artist slide show. I totally removed the Aeon MQ 8 skin and reloaded and same thing. Clearly I have an option set in Kodi triggering this, but for life of my can’t figure out what.

So there is a Concerts section in the main menu. I have several music/concert related DVDs and BDs but when I add the path to the files section of Concerts it does not discover anything. Is this a video or audio menu option and then how do I get titles to show up there?
Read my answer about Concerts to Wanilton above.  I use nodes and it works well.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - mStuff - 2020-08-05

I am having trouble getting the custom view type to work with MQ8 - I customize it in the skin configuration, but no matter what I call it, I can't find it in the list of view types? is it broken at the moment?
The installed MQ8 is the one in the addon repository on Kodi 18.8