Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 08:50)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 00:24)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 19:06)Jeffers24 Wrote: @Wanilton 

Is it possible to reduce the maximum intensity of the highlighted shading, it makes highlighted text difficult to read, see couple of examples below:-

In this graduated highlight text may have been OK on the left of the highlight, but difficult to read on the right when viewing from a distance on my TV, this is from an addon and I have no control on text colour

In this total highlight very difficult to read text
 I too had a problem with this in most views. You can do as I did and use the Kodi Texture tool and extract the media folder. Once you do that, just darken the "black.png" image and recompile the Textures.xbt file and you're done. If you can't I'll provide you with my Textures.xbt file.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my Textures.xbt file.
https://mega.nz/#!8CIFlAib!6-eaOt4JgKlRX-8OrqF7OOdFr8xc_UMIM1eJJcscjj8    
Thanks for suggestion.

I am not technical so thanks for sharing your file.

If I apply your file will it be replaced with a skin update?

I want to avoid making skin changes that will be overwritten with a skin update.

@Wanilton Is it possible to change the highlight shading in the skin if it would help other people?   
When Marcos released the skin, send media folder (with all textures includes) to Kodi team, skin .xbt file is generated automatically for skins by Kodi team procedure. 

Local compiled textures.xbt is fine here. @ronie if possible check for us where is the issue, thanks. "black.png" file image causing issues with xbt file generate auto.

18.065 size textures created by Marcos
17.419 size textures created auto by Kodi team.

(2019-03-17, 09:12)Denace Wrote: Love this skin! I moved from Pellucid to Aeon MQ for the beautiful artwork.

I got one issue. I want to put a main menu shortcut to an androidapp (I use kodi on a Shield TV). In Pellucid the woraround was to make it a favorite and lead the shortcut to there. I cant find a solution for that in Aeon MQ. Any suggestions?
 Marcos needs to create option for it in customize main menu feature, I will talk about and check if viable included in next release.

(2019-03-17, 09:57)Benna Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 01:35)Wanilton Wrote: @Benna 

Check my previous post for rotate items in main menu items. For widgets in main menu is auto, work fine. In library for each movie you need have one extrafanart folder with images inside.

Done.

Ok but should I create manually the folder for each movie and fill with fanart? Or does exists an add-on that perform this automatically during the library scan?
And also, if i have one extrafanart folder for every movie folder, how to tell MQ8 to point to each of these folders?
I only see the option to set multiple images as background but the possibility to choose just one folder 
 @Benna 

Extrafanart exists in many areas, main menu, widgets, library. 

Main menu, you need to create folders manually and insert in each folder your images and set in backdrop option the path for the folder via customize main menu. Do n´t have other option for it. The speed you find in skin settings, main menu, have one option available for it.

Widgets extrafanart have one option in skin settings, main menu, for turn on or off, Arts came auto and cycle.

Library, skin use local images when available in extrafanart folder (images don´t go to Kodi cache). It´s possible to configure artwork beef to save arts there. This part I will request to Marcos revise the code to find one better way.

(2019-03-17, 11:22)Adam1V Wrote: Apologies for a newbie question but how can I set the movie section to display a movie wall with discs or posters?

Currently have default with just text down the side Sad
When enter in movies item, and if you scrapped your items, you see the item in one right list, press left arrow will open top menu area, press up arrow and you have views list available, active views and test, use left or right for change one view to other.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 12:35)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 08:50)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 00:24)shedrock Wrote:  I too had a problem with this in most views. You can do as I did and use the Kodi Texture tool and extract the media folder. Once you do that, just darken the "black.png" image and recompile the Textures.xbt file and you're done. If you can't I'll provide you with my Textures.xbt file.

UPDATE: Here is the link to my Textures.xbt file.
https://mega.nz/#!8CIFlAib!6-eaOt4JgKlRX-8OrqF7OOdFr8xc_UMIM1eJJcscjj8   
Thanks for suggestion.

I am not technical so thanks for sharing your file.

If I apply your file will it be replaced with a skin update?

I want to avoid making skin changes that will be overwritten with a skin update.

@Wanilton Is it possible to change the highlight shading in the skin if it would help other people?   
When Marcos released the skin, send media folder (with all textures includes) to Kodi team, skin .xbt file is generated automatically for skins by Kodi team procedure. 

Local compiled textures.xbt is fine here. @ronie if possible check for us where is the issue, thanks. "black.png" file image causing issues with xbt file generate auto. 
@Wanilton 

I describe my issue in this post:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341547&pid=2834721#pid2834721

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - quebert - 2019-03-17

Wow wow wow, fantastic skin! All the options made me dizzy. Question about the animated lyrics, manfeed has a videolyric plus which imho has a lot better color pallet. I noticed this skin uses the previous version.  Or at least I think? The colors don't pop like I'm use to. Not complaining, just wondering if you plan to update this? Or did you specifically go with the version you did for the color pallet?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - shedrock - 2019-03-17

@Jeffers24 - Yes it will, so make sure to keep an extra copy. If the skinner decides to update the images though, then you'll have an issue. The best thing is for the skinner to increase the darkness level in those views. I think there are a few more areas they are still too light, but I have not gotten around to changing them yet. Big Grin

(2019-03-17, 12:03)Jeffers24 Wrote: I have got in a mess using some of the My Menu1-5 from the right hand side of pic to use as main menu items, which are listed with their new names on the left hand side of the pic, Basically I don't know which My Menu1-5 from the right equates to the renamed main menu item on the left. I think I may have used the same My Menu item more than once, so when I change a submenu item it is being changed in more than one Main Menu's submenu.

Is there a way I can see which My Menu I have used for an item in my main menu on the left??

No, don´t have one way after renaming the item.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - marius37bv - 2019-03-17

Can you show me where you answer to my issue. I read some post but i couldn't find. Sorry for this.

(2019-03-17, 14:30)marius37bv Wrote: Can you show me where you answer to my issue. I read some post but i couldn't find. Sorry for this.
 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341547&pid=2830639#pid2830639

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - Jeffers24 - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 14:03)Wanilton Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 12:03)Jeffers24 Wrote: I have got in a mess using some of the My Menu1-5 from the right hand side of pic to use as main menu items, which are listed with their new names on the left hand side of the pic, Basically I don't know which My Menu1-5 from the right equates to the renamed main menu item on the left. I think I may have used the same My Menu item more than once, so when I change a submenu item it is being changed in more than one Main Menu's submenu.

Is there a way I can see which My Menu I have used for an item in my main menu on the left??

No, don´t have one way after renaming the item. 
@Wanilton 

Would it be possible to change the skin so that a user could change the name of the 'My Menu 1-5' before you use them so that it is possible for an end user to see which ones are used and where?

Another issue I have is I wanted to configure the skin so that I could attach an addon or favourite to an item on the top level menu, so when I selected the top level menu item the addon or favourite would be launched.

Unfortunately using the 'Replace this Menu' and choosing an addon or favourite attaches the addon or favourite to the top level item, but doing this also changes the submenu items. This added to my confusion when using My Addon1-5 items :-(

How can I attach an addon or a favourite to the top level menu item, without the submenus being changed?

@Jeffers24 

Only is possible rename items after replaced.

If you are replacing default items, and choose favourites or addon video in main menu item, all submenus are empty by default. I don´t understand well what is your trouble. And when insert one main item, you have new widget available too. If use my menu 1-5, only need populate submenus with your items and rename after for one proper and relevant name.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - marius37bv - 2019-03-17

Thank for the help but still I dont understand. Where I can fiind extrafanart folder? Or what to do? Thank you!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341547&pid=2834972#pid2834972

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - ronie - 2019-03-17

(2019-03-17, 12:35)Wanilton Wrote: @ronie if possible check for us where is the issue, thanks. "black.png" file image causing issues with xbt file generate auto.
  @Wanilton , two recommendations:
- all images should be at least 4px x 4px
- use RGB colorspace instead of grayscale