Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - AleksandarLS - 2019-05-07

(2019-05-07, 15:46)insync44 Wrote: A very attractive Skin, but also one of the most confusing. Cannot figure out how to delete preset sub-menus, and create my own plus almost everything else. I guess it requires a lot of patience. Is there a visual tutorial?

Just search in youtube:"Aeon MQ6 Part 3 Menus & Submenus". There is explanation how to add menu items and sub-menus.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-05-07

@AleksandarLS 

you need go in music artists or albums, press left arrow, will open top menu, item Arts, first item open configuration music fullscreen, active support lyrics animated, and done.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - AleksandarLS - 2019-05-07

@Wanilton

I make it. Now how to synchronize lyrics?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Sinisan - 2019-05-08

(2019-05-01, 22:08)Sinisan Wrote: Hello all,

Regarding one of the two points I wrote here (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343461), could someone using a Raspberry PI3 (with this skin of course...) tell me he has same sources available for « change backdrop - one image » and « change backdrop - multiple images » ?
In standard menus, of course, as « multiple images » is not available right now for « My menu ».

Thank you for your answers, users 😊

...should I think nobody uses this skin with a Raspberry ?

Thank you.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - MisterT2000 - 2019-05-08

Hi everybody

I just installed aeon mq8 and it's awesome !!!!! (customization and improve a lot of things). I have a question about favorites. In MQ7 i used Advanced launcher to open firefox and when i place the advanced launcher firefox program in favorite (by contextual menu), i found it on mq7 customization menu. i just select favorite on "replace by" and a sub menu open my firefox favorite.
But in mq8 i can't do this or i don't find the solution (i can only select favorite + program extension and only select advanced launcher)
Just see below pictures to explain

firefox favorite on advanced launcher

MQ8 favorite customization menu

MQ8 favorite program selection

MQ8 advanced launcher selection

Can anybody help me please to select my favorite firefox advanced launcher program

thanks for next answers

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.8.0 - Kodi Leia - olli14 - 2019-05-09

(2019-03-16, 18:38)olli14 Wrote:
(2019-03-15, 10:44)olli14 Wrote: Hi,
this skin looks very very good and I would like to use this skin as standard skin. But I would like to implement the following feature. There is an addon "German Telecast offers". This addon shows "TV Highlights" of the current day. The related XML is called "script-gto.xml". I already customized the "script-gto.XML" for my needs and I inserted an INCLUDE command at the end of the "home.xml". But now I see the whole time the "TV Highlights" as long as I'm in homescreen. But I want to see the "TV Highlights" in homescreen only when the button "Live TV" is highlighted. So can someone give me a hint where I have to put the INCLUDE command?
No one an idea regarding my question? 
Hi,
I use addon German Telecast offers. For this addon there are widgets (XML files) available for skin Confluence and skin Estuary. I have customized the German Telecast offers XML file a little bit for my needs to use it in Aeon MQ. Further I have changed some XML files of Aeon MQ6 for my needs. But I am not happy with my changes.
At the moment it is working like this: at the end of home.xml I inserted  an INCLUDE. Further in the German Telecast offers XML file I changed the visible condition. The German Telecast offers widget is now only visible when Live-TV in homescreen is highlighted. So far so good. But when Live-TV button ín homescreen is highlighted and I press the UP-Cursor I want to get in German Telecast offers widget. But I don't know how to do!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - tknice1 - 2019-05-09

(2019-05-07, 15:46)insync44 Wrote: A very attractive Skin, but also one of the most confusing. Cannot figure out how to delete preset sub-menus, and create my own plus almost everything else. I guess it requires a lot of patience. Is there a visual tutorial?

To delete preset sub-menus, you'll need to find customize menu in settings and toggle off the show button in the menu that appears when it's selected.  For other custom menu items, a large panel will slide in from the right giving you lots of options for what to add to the menu item.  The very top choice is Clear - None if I remember correctly.  That will clear it out.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - AleksandarLS - 2019-05-10

(2019-05-08, 19:52)MisterT2000 Wrote: Hi everybody

I just installed aeon mq8 and it's awesome !!!!! (customization and improve a lot of things). I have a question about favorites. In MQ7 i used Advanced launcher to open firefox and when i place the advanced launcher firefox program in favorite (by contextual menu), i found it on mq7 customization menu. i just select favorite on "replace by" and a sub menu open my firefox favorite.
But in mq8 i can't do this or i don't find the solution (i can only select favorite + program extension and only select advanced launcher)
Just see below pictures to explain

firefox favorite on advanced launcher

MQ8 favorite customization menu

MQ8 favorite program selection

MQ8 advanced launcher selection

Can anybody help me please to select my favorite firefox advanced launcher program

thanks for next answers
Script favorites by ronie must be installed.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/leia/script.favourites/script.favourites-7.1.3.zip

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - the_scotsman - 2019-05-10

Just installed MQ8. Absolutely LOVE it! Amazing work! I can see a lot of effort has gone into it!

Couple of questions though.

With MQ6 in the menu/sub menu customisation, I was able to edit the shortcut target for any menu item, with anything I wanted.

For example, one of my main menu headings is "Live TV". In MQ6, clicking this would launch directly into live tv. This was done by having the link open PlayPVRTV.

But in MQ8 there's no way to edit or add custom links in the menu editor anywhere. As good as the menu editor is in MQ8, it's lacking any way to do this. 

So to get my Live TV main menu item to launch directly into live tv, I think I'm going to have to instal a launcher app and use that instead via the menu editor somehow? Surely it can't be that difficult?

Also, is there a way to remove the spinning CD from the Live TV dialogue/now playing/info box? It's massively out of place. I'm happy editing/hacking files if I need to.

And one more...I thought there was a way, maybe there is....to change the order of the resume/reload/play button on a movie/tv show page. It's defaulted to resume/reload/play for me, which is just wrong. It should default to play. PLay should be first on the left.

Thanks!

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - the_bo - 2019-05-10

@the_scotsman

You could try editing the settings.xml file located at .Kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq8

There should be entries like menu5.action for example with a path. You need to determine which menu number relates to the one you want. You can try changing the path to your custom one.

You will need to stop Kodi before making changes then restart it.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - the_scotsman - 2019-05-11

(2019-05-10, 19:10)the_bo Wrote: @the_scotsman

You could try editing the settings.xml file located at .Kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq8

There should be entries like menu5.action for example with a path. You need to determine which menu number relates to the one you want. You can try changing the path to your custom one.

You will need to stop Kodi before making changes then restart it.
Perfect, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I found the menu number I needed, changed the default item's action from activatewindow(tvchannels) to PlayPVRTV.

Now the default action for the Live TV main menu itm=em is to jump straight into Live TV instead of listing the channels.

Now I just need to figure out the other little issues bugging me.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - the_scotsman - 2019-05-11

It's also a pity live tv has pretty much no support. By that I mean the dialogue boxes are all useless. The "time remaining" does nothing. It's like it's running off the buffer, as it's constantly sitting on 0-2 seconds. This is because the "ends at" isn't using the TV EPG data. It's possibly just using the buffer or something. The interface isn't talking with the EPG at all for that part of it. It's a pity because the EPG does work great.

MQ6 used to have a goodconfig for the live tv interface. It recognised when a tv show started and ended, and displayed how long was left for the show to end etc. But the only thing the interface is good for now is showing the show decription.

Other than this, I'm loving MQ8 having been tinekring wiht it for the last few hours on my reinstalled HTPC with 1903.

I can hack code no worries, but I think this would take more than some lines of code being hacked, right?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Chrislix - 2019-05-11

Hello, does anyone get an Android error when exiting Kodi if MQ8 skin is enable?
This the only minor problem I have with. Here is the message: "Kodi stop working".
I've looked into the kodi.log file but there's no error so I've no clue what is giving this.
Note that this is a fresh kodi kodi installation and the problem doesn't appear on Windows 10. Seems to concerns only Android. (I have version 8 fyi).

Is there an other log file I could check to help?

Thanks

Christophe

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2019-05-11

Active depuration Kodi log and will have more info.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Chrislix - 2019-05-11

(2019-05-11, 19:50)Wanilton Wrote: Active depuration Kodi log and will have more info.

Hello, thanks for your help. Here are the log. I've just started kodi, waited few minutes, then exit. 
Here's the code starting from the beginning : 
awavikexib.kodi (paste)

And her's the code from the moment I click on "Shutdown":
epeniviwif.kodi (paste)

When I get back at the Android screen, I received an error saying "Kodi stopped working"
As soon as I switch to any other skin, no problem at all.

Thanks for your help Smile