Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-04-09

Item is available in movies item, check submenu (smartplaylist), after create your 4K smartplaylist, go to settings, click in the customize main menu, there you find replace function to create new items in the main menu using smart playlists.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - HRSCR - 2020-04-09

(2020-04-09, 12:38)Wanilton Wrote: Item is available in movies item, check submenu (smartplaylist), after create your 4K smartplaylist, go to settings, click in the customize main menu, there you find replace function to create new items in the main menu using smart playlists.

Hi, in this point is where script.skinshortcuts addon works like a mint.

The question is, the option available now is fine and easy to use.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Justintoxicated - 2020-04-09

(2020-04-09, 12:38)Wanilton Wrote: Item is available in movies item, check submenu (smartplaylist), after create your 4K smartplaylist, go to settings, click in the customize main menu, there you find replace function to create new items in the main menu using smart playlists.

Unfortunately I still don't understand where I go to create a smart playlist.  In the Main Menu I can go to the submenu in movie.  I see Recently Added, In Progress, Unwatched, Sets, Genres, and Favourites.  I don't see an option to create a smart playlist.

@Justintoxicated - here is the option

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Justintoxicated - 2020-04-10

(2020-04-09, 23:45)Wanilton Wrote: @Justintoxicated - here is the option

Thanks, this got me to hit the down button a few more times, I thought the sub menu items were what show up under the main menu item, rather they are the things that show up if you hit the down arrow 3 times. I created a new Main Menu Item that is the Smart V-Playlist, then re-named to UHD Movies.  When I select the new main menu I still have to select the specific smart playlist.  I'd rather be able to set the main menu item AS a specific smart menu playlist.

But even worse is that this is very clunky because lots of my UDH movies I also have non UHD versions of, so they always show up twice in movies...  I really want 2 different main menu items, one for movies and one for UHD (like 4k mostly) movies, but there seems to be no way to do this...

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-04-10

The best way is split movies 4k in a distinct folder, and use smartplaylist to filter based on the path. You need create 2 smartplaylist, one for regular resolution, other for 4k, use replace function to change Movies default item with your smartplaylist, and create one second item to the other item.

Here one video in Portuguese using MQ9, but it´s very similar, follow the steps...

(2020-04-10, 02:24)Wanilton Wrote: The best way is split movies 4k in a distinct folder, and use smartplaylist to filter based on the path. You need create 2 smartplaylist, one for regular resolution, other for 4k, use replace function to change Movies default item with your smartplaylist, and create one second item to the other item.

Here one video in Portuguese using MQ9, but it´s very similar, follow the steps...

Hah, thanks.  I can't really follow that video unfortuantly (no idea what he is saying or clicking), but I created the second smart playlist and will try to search for whatever the heck the replace function is.  I'm going to take a guess and say this involves modifying the source code or some configuration files?  Not sure I have enough time to figure all that out.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-04-10

I need to create one video in English, but my free time is minimum at this moment.

Create 2 folder, after split the contents, go to settings, customize main menu, in Movies Item use Replace Function in the right list find the option Video Playlist (enter), will appear the 2 smart playlists, choose one. Rename the item, choose one background image and done. Get other item default or empty item, use replace function again, choose the second playlist. Done

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - ts316 - 2020-04-10

is there a way to change the color or maybe make the selected part larger?its kinda confusing not being in the middle for me.or maybe point me in the correct xml file to mess with it myself.thanks

(2020-04-10, 02:46)Wanilton Wrote: I need to create one video in English, but my free time is minimum at this moment.

Create 2 folder, after split the contents, go to settings, customize main menu, in Movies Item use Replace Function in the right list find the option Video Playlist (enter), will appear the 2 smart playlists, choose one. Rename the item, choose one background image and done. Get other item default or empty item, use replace function again, choose the second playlist. Done

Thanks this is kinda what I was trying to do before actually, only I was selecting smart V-Playlist, but videos playlist makes more sense.  The only thing is, once I select VIDEOS-PLAYLISTS I do not get the option to choose which of the 2 smart playlists.

maybe something is wrong with my smart playlist file?
I have no idea why but on this computer I can't copy out of gitbash Sad

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>UHD Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
        <value>smb://KingsLanding/UHD Movies</value>
    </rule>
    <group>none</group>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

Wowa N/M Video Playlist not Videos Playlist! (both options are on the right).  Got it working!

Now the only thing I can't figure out is how to give "UHD Movies" a different background.  When I select change backdrop, it has home folder and root file system, but I have no idea where the default images are located or where kodi is installed (other than the .kodi folder which can't be seen from the browser)

I found a way but I don't know if it is correct.  Just copy the backgrounds folder to a non hidden folder location?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - ts316 - 2020-04-12

(2020-04-10, 05:28)ts316 Wrote: is there a way to change the color or maybe make the selected part larger?its kinda confusing not being in the middle for me.or maybe point me in the correct xml file to mess with it myself.thanks
anyone??

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - benatti - 2020-04-16

Hello everyone. I installed this skin today and now my Kodi keep showing the screen to wait it loading. Anyone can help revert to the default skin to be able to use Kodi againHuh

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - latts9923 - 2020-04-16

@ts316
If you want to change the color of just the focused font, open the file skin.aeonmq8\xml\IncludesParams.xml and look at the top of the file for the include "mainmenu_fontfocus". In the textcolor field, change "$INFO[skin.string(colorfont)]" to any color code you like.

@benatti
Open the file Kodi\userdata\guisettings.xml and find the setting "lookandfeel.skin". Change the setting to the code below and start Kodi.

xml:

<setting id="lookandfeel.skin" default="true">skin.estuary</setting>

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Cinephile - 2020-04-17

Movie night!

Still loving this skin, thanks @Wanilton for keeping us posted.