Kodi Community Forum
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia (/showthread.php?tid=341547)

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-03

(2020-05-01, 06:40)Wanilton Wrote: @nSpectre

Here version module - Kodi Leia only

So, I compared that version with the one on my other Kodi v19 boxen and this RasPi4 install of v18.6 and they are all the same. The script.module.arrow, however, is not. The one in Kodi v19 is "0.15.5.1" while the one in Leia is "0.15.5".

I thought I'd be a smart-ass and swap them over, but Kodi was wise to my trickery and immediately recognized it as version incompatible and disabled it. Wink

I tried getting tricksier and just copied over the arrow folder with the Python files and while that tricked Kodi, it unfortunately did not fix the problem. Sad

I'm out of ideas.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-03

On a completely different note...

On the Main Menu under "Programs", I find add-ons such as "Extendedinfo Script", "Trakt", "TV Show - Next Aired", Up Next" and "youtube-dl Control", which seems kind of silly to have there, since most of them are not something a user would normally interact with in a stand-alone fashion. These are instead add-ons typically used by other add-ons, etc.

Is there any way to make this instead display Video Add-ons? That actually get used/loaded/run by the user, like "YouTube", "NASA TV" and others that currently seem to only be accessible by the round-about, unintuitive method of going into TV Shows (or Movies) then backing out of it with ".." and then going into Video Add-ons? That strikes me as being a tad more logical. Smile

Another thought,

When watching a TV show or Movie and I hit "Pause", after 3 seconds or so a large panel appears on the screen with the Show/Cover Artwork (+disc), "Plot" and "Starring" and it takes up most of the screen real estate. Is there any way to disable this or adjust the timing so that it doesn't come up for a while?

90% of the time I pause a show or movie, it is to closely examine something on-screen in the show or movie. Like written text or something going on in the background or to see what's in someone's hand or to step through a too-fast-action scene. Unfortunately, this panel makes it impossible to do that. Plus, the other 10% of the time I hit Pause, I've walked away from the screen and I'm not looking at it anyway. Wink

If I could at least delay that panel for 45 to 60 seconds, that would be wonderful.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-05-03

@nSpectre

Programs are populated by Kodi, but it´s easy to turn off, have an option for it in customizing the main menu or submenu.

Go to settings, customize the main menu, there you find replace function, it´s easy create one new item or replace with Video addons, or create a new item using a single video addon.

About Pause, have the option to change the furniture, playing one video, press M, choose OSD, the latest option press enter, choose the minimum mode.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-05-03

(2020-04-27, 09:55)Cinephile Wrote: @Wanilton 

Can you recall if MQ8 supports Dolby Vision media icons (instead of HDR10)?

Don´t have one option in MQ8. I will talk with Marcos to be included in MQ9.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-04

(2020-05-03, 21:13)Wanilton Wrote: @nSpectre

Programs are populated by Kodi, but it´s easy to turn off, have an option for it in customizing the main menu or submenu.

Go to settings, customize the main menu, there you find replace function, it´s easy create one new item or replace with Video addons, or create a new item using a single video addon.

About Pause, have the option to change the furniture, playing one video, press M, choose OSD, the latest option press enter, choose the minimum mode.

How awesome. The customization options are insane. Smile I'll have to play around with it for a while.

PAUSE: Furniture = Partial is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks a million.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - scolex - 2020-05-04

Just installed MQ8 and am trying to familiarize myself with it so I have a question.
When I arrow down in Movies or Music I am taken to a widget and have to arrow down 2 more times to get to the standard submenu.
Is this normal behavior? If yes how do I disable or edit the feature? 
Images below are in the order of down 1, 2 and 3

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Wanilton - 2020-05-05

(2020-05-04, 23:56)scolex Wrote: Just installed MQ8 and am trying to familiarize myself with it so I have a question.
When I arrow down in Movies or Music I am taken to a widget and have to arrow down 2 more times to get to the standard submenu.
Is this normal behavior? If yes how do I disable or edit the feature? 
Images below are in the order of down 1, 2 and 3
ImageImageImage

Settings, skin settings, main menu, turn off show subwidgets option.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-05

So I decided to do some experimentation and see if I couldn't get to the bottom of the Skin Helper Service error. Since this was a brand new Kodi install I decided to start from scratch and blew it away entirely, including configs and dependencies and everything.

I installed Kodi fresh. Did some basic config and imported my Movie library. I installed the Confluence skin, because I'm intimately familiar with it and to see if the Skin Helper Service was required of running non-default skins (it's not). I added Weatherbit.IO so that there would be an Add-on and then I installed the Aeon MQ 8 skin.

Upon install, I very carefully watched for prompts to install additional items and answered Yes.

Aeon immediately requested permission to install the Skin Helper Service and almost immediately after that prompted to install Animated Weather icons, with a progress indicator. After that completed 100% it prompted to install some "White" icons or somesuch and that proceeded to 100%.

It then prompted to install the Skin Helper Service again and this time it proceeded to 100%. Whereupon it immediately threw an error, as noted in my earlier posts. It also causes a prolonged Kodi shutdown and produces a Kodi Crashlog in the user Home folder (I failed to notice it was doing this earlier, but it was and I had to delete a bunch of crashlogs when I first wiped Kodi).

I'm going to do another install from scratch and this time answer No the second time it prompts to install the Skin Helper Service. See if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions from your end?
Okay. That didn't do it.

NOTE: If it helps any, this time I had Debug Log mode enabled throughout the skin installation process. Including the separate Skin Helper Service installation.

After skin install it immediately prompted to install the Skin Helper Service, I answered Yes and once again it did not present a Progress indicator/bar. It immediately prompted to install the Studio White icons. I answered Yes and it did its thing and progressed to 100%. It did not prompt to install Animated Weather icons this time because I forgot to activate it in the System Settings after installing the Weather.IO Add-on.

Skin Helper Service did not immediately prompt to be installed a second time. It waited a short bit and prompted again the next time I went back to the Main Menu (from Movies). I answered No. I went into Weather and realized my previous faux pas. When I exited Weather back to the Main Menu, it prompted to install the Skin Helper Service again. I answered No and shortly thereafter exited Kodi. Exiting was prolonged as it wrote a Kodi Crashlog.

I went back into Kodi, it immediately prompted to install the Skin Helper Service and I answered Yes. It installed the service with a proper Progress indicator/bar this time, advanced through to 100% and...

...Instantly threw the error. :'(

If I can be of further use as a guinea pig, let me know soonest. I'd love to stick with Aeon MQ 8 if we can figure out how to squash this bug. Big Grin

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Cinephile - 2020-05-06

@nSpectre 

Just install this custom version for Skin Helper Service and call it a day:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310749&page=2

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-07

(2020-05-06, 06:46)Cinephile Wrote: @nSpectre 

Thank you! I'll give that a try.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Retronuc - 2020-05-09

(2020-04-26, 16:20)Retronuc Wrote: hello together

Maybe one of you can help me?
At first I have to write that I am very enthusiastic about the Skin Aeon MQ8.
However, there is one thing I don't want to succeed!

To describe this, I have added a few screenshots.
the pictures show the views of Estuary Mod2 and Aeon MQ8 in different views.

Estuary Mod2 - Recording folder with the text on the right side about information of the included episodes

In Aeon MQ8 there is only an empty place on the right side

Estuary Mod2 you see series with episode title and fanart

Aeon MQ8 shows me no further info and no fanart

I hope someone can help me to set this view in Aeon MQ8 as well.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Ronny
Hello dear forum

Is there no one here who can answer my question?
I'd just like to know if it's up to me not to be able to do this.

Best regards
Ronny

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - nSpectre - 2020-05-11

Alas and alack, the Cartman.dos version does not work either. Exact same errors.

Thanks anyway.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - Cinephile - 2020-05-11

(2020-05-11, 05:38)nSpectre Wrote:

Alas and alack, the Cartman.dos version does not work either. Exact same errors.

Thanks anyway.

Then you’re better off nuking your installation and start over.

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - iMak - 2020-05-14

I have 7 add-ons update from Official Repo Kodi Brazil Forum but they fail to update on Liea 18.6. Any reason why?

RE: Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia - vansai - 2020-05-14

(2020-05-14, 15:58)iMak Wrote: I have 7 add-ons update from Official Repo Kodi Brazil Forum but they fail to update on Liea 18.6. Any reason why?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342529&pid=2948368#pid2948368